Chinook Glass & Screen Ltd

Reviews for Chinook Glass & Screen Ltd

Dan Yachney from Calgary
Dan Yachney from Calgary

Patio Door roller replacement

On Fri July 27, 2018, I had my patio door rollers replaced. I can't say enough of the professionalism and dedication of the 2 men, who did the work. They were conscientious and did a first class job.
This was the third time I have used Chinook. In the last few years they have cut glass and replaced picture window glass. All times the work has been very satisfactory. Pricing reasonable.
Dan Yachney

Warranty on glass

Don't ever use this company. I thought that you would get a legit company that would honor their warranty on glass. Read the small print, we don't cover any surprise cracks. It can't be a defect, it has to be the customers fault. They tell you this, before they even look at it. It is just a waste of time, and money.

terrible

They damaged the inside moulding around the windows, left the place filthy and the windows leak. Our previous experiences with Chinook were positive, so I'm disappointed. They also haven't been very quick to respond to our complaint. They told me that they will call me sometime over the next few weeks to address our complaints.

Replacing a glass pane

My husband had a medical emergency and the bathroom window was broken to access the house. Firemen did put plastic over the hole, but I was very concerned regarding a large opening on the ground floor of my house. After I explained the situation to the staff member I spoke to she arranged for someone to come very quickly and the glass was replaced that afternoon. I was extremely grateful for her prompt solution. The Team who replaced the pane were very good and did a great job. Thanks to the whole team I dealt with.

User in Edmonton
User in Edmonton
1 review Strathmore, AB

Single screen needed

I needed a single screen built. I sent pictures, measurements and everything else possible for the screen. They asked for information for window frames that I did not have, which was shown in the pictures. I had to go down to pick out what I needed and the lady still seemed unsure. It was difficult to get an answer about how I needed to buy the product, full pcs or if cut was possible. No help about anything.

Great selection but it seemed like they didn't know how anything works

Sliding window balance

When selling my house I found out that I needed to replace a side balance for one of my vinyl sliding windows. I spent a lot of time contacting window companies and contractors, and nobody had the proper size. Thankfully one of them said to just call Chinook Glass. I got in touch, and sure enough I was able to head over to the shop to pick it up. This was an easy job, so was able to just do it myself. Next time they will be my first call!

Tracy
Tracy

The only place to get glass

Replaced 4 windowed and installed 5 mirrors and 2 shower doors. After the windows were replaced the stucco needed to be repair which I was told up front. The stucco repair guy said the Chinook glass did a great job of cutting the stucco and only cut what they needed in order to get the new glass installed. Jim from Chinook glass measure all the above items perfectly and was so great to work with. I needed the bathroom windows installed so I could get the shower tiled. I was told 6-8 weeks before they could install them. I called Poppy from Chinook Glass explained how far behind that would put my renos and she got the glass installed in 3 weeks. Then I really wanted the shower doors before Christmas and Chinook glass made it happen. While installing the mirrors one mirror was cut wrong. The installer took it back to the shop and had it installed within hours. What nice people that work at this company and what great customer service.

Ryan from Calgary
Ryan from Calgary

Shower Door Replacement

I had Chinook Glass in to replace my old shower door and had a good experience up until the point of installation. I had taken a before picture of the shower door and surrounding area. When the replacement was complete the installer had cracked the tile. He disputed this so I showed him the photo which clearly showed the area in question did not have a crack before. He tried to say it wouldn't be visible on the photo until I pointed out the small gap in the old frame which was clearly visible in the photo and right next to the new crack. At that point he defaulted back to his response of "It was there when we started" yet was unable to explain why it wasn't in the photo. Apparently photographic proof is no longer enough.

GGBAAS from Calgary
GGBAAS from Calgary

Enclosed Steam Shower Door

Recommended. Installed on time and on budget. Chinook was very easy to work with. One company in Calgary wanted half their estimated install cost (+/- $1000) to make a site visit to measure the door opening and then quote...incredible.

Tim from Calgary
Tim from Calgary

Removal and Re-install of glass shower enclosure

Chinook was quite busy but was able to book an appointment for me a few weeks in advance. Randy was great to deal with and called me with an earlier appointment. The service was excellent all around, Terry did the removal and re-install and I could not ask for a better person, he is very knowledgeable and did a fantastic job. He had to work around some little changes and did a good job with that. I would ask for Terry if I had another job to do. I would highly recommend Chinook to anyone, thanks Randy and Terry and the rest of the Chinook team.

More about Chinook Glass & Screen Ltd

Chinook Glass & Screen is a supplier and installer of glass showers, windows and screen products for residential and commercial clients in Calgary and surrounding areas.
Looking for Mirrors & Glass pros in Calgary?