Floor Retailers

Reviews for Action Flooring

Tehal in Edmonton
Tehal in Edmonton

2nd project

Action flooring staff simply the best i dealt with Ashley and Amanda. They are superb did the job beyond my expectation and even before time limit. i would recommend to my friends.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We strive to provide top level quality and service no matter what. We are glad you are happy with your finished product.

sandi in Edmonton
sandi in Edmonton

carpet installed

I had these guys come in and lay carpet .They were very fast and efficent they left a little mess but otherwise were very good .But to get to the carpet the staff at action flooring were very helpful and accomodated my budget and my needs to what I wanted koodoos to Leeanne Walters and to Dave the owner. Thanks so much.

Harold, Fort Sask. in Fort Saskatchewan
Harold, Fort Sask. in Fort Saskatchewan
1 review Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Remove and replace carpet in four rooms

After comparing three flooring companies, Action Flooring was selected due to help from knowledgeable staff providing product choice and competitive pricing. Removal and professional installation was completed efficiently and in a workmanlike manner as per initial price quotation.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Harold, we greatly appreciate it and look forward to working with you in the future.

happy house  Laurie Heights
happy house Laurie Heights
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

Condo Renovation

Action flooring completed the tile in our Kitchen and the laminate replacing the carpet in our living and dining room.
The finished product was very good and we enjoy how it all looks.
There were several different teams doing the work over several weeks.
Some teams were better than others, and only one team was exceptional in their respect for our condo. They were meticulous in their attention to detail and left the building as clean as they found it.
The other teams were average to terrible in cleaning up after themselves and we had to vacuum outside our condo and clean the deck several times.

We are glad you are happy with your finished product but would like to further look into the cleanliness of the project. Could you kindly email [email protected] he is our general manager

Elena in Edmonton
Elena in Edmonton

Carpet Installation

We built with a builder who used Action Flooring to install the laminate, carpeting, and tiles. The laminate and tiles seems ok but the carpet in the master bedroom had started to ripple (bump up) really bad in the middle of the room right after the 1 year mark. Because it past the 1 year the builder would not warrant it. Admittedly we did not get around to calling Action Flooring until now which is about 2 years after the install and obviously they would not do anything for us and suggested we pay $300+ to re-stretch the carpet. But in my honest opinion the rippling of the carpet should not happen within 2 years of new carpet install and if it did it is because the carpet did not get stretched properly during the install. The master bedroom is a large room so it is very likely it will start rippling if the install was not done properly. The carpet has not been washed or had any heavy furniture moved across it. Action Flooring acts like the rippling is a common occurrence and quite frankly that is not true unless the installers got lazy and did not use the proper tool to stretch the carpet during installation.

UPDATE: After posting my review, I was promptly directed to contact the general manager. She said they would warrant the fix at no charge even though its been 2 years since the original install. I am very pleased to know that Action Flooring would take responsibility and look after their customers even after the 1 year warranty period.

Review has 2 previous versions

Elena,
As per industry standard the warranty is one year for installation. But we would be happy to take a second look at this. If you are able to reach out to the general manager at 780.468.4118 he would be happy to assist you further.

Garryhongchang from Strathcona
Garryhongchang from Strathcona

New home flooring

I had hardwood and carpeting installed by Action in my new home. The hardwood hasn't had any issues, but the carpeting only in my basement has been bumping up from day one. Within 6 months, I called to get someone to get the bumps out of my rumpus room. They did fix that. However, slowly, bumps started creeping up again, but this time in the hallway as well as the rumpus room. Then a bedroom and then my den, which I hardly ever use. Basically there were bumps in every room, even under heavy furniture that has never been moved! They are so ugly to see and are tripping hazards throughout my entire basement. I called Action and was told they only warranty a year! My parents have carpeting throughout their entire house and have never had any such problems in 30 years! Clearly this is a problem with the install or carpeting they sell, but Action will not take responsibility!

UPDATE: After posting my review, I was promptly directed to contact the general manager. He said they would send someone to fix the problem at no charge. The service man said it was obvious that it was an installation problem, and eventually after two days of work to re-stretch the carpet, almost two inches of carpeting was removed from the borders. Now my carpeting is flat and bubble free! I am satisfied that Action Flooring took responsibility to re stretch the carpet.

Review has 2 previous versions

Hello, we cannot find anything in our system or service records in regards to a service or product that was supplied by Action Flooring to you; please provide your address and best contact number we will reach out to you to see how we can better serve you. If you would prefer, the general manager has been made aware, and you are more than welcome to speak with him at 780.468.4118. Thank you

Kimberly Thompson  from Devon
Kimberly Thompson from Devon
1 review Devon, AB

Basement carpet

This company was fantastic to deal with from start to finish . I recieved great service from picking out my carpet all the way to the installation . Carpet was installed professionally and in a timely manner - would highly recommend this company for all of your flooring needs :)

Thank you for your business.

Kevin C from Edmonton
Kevin C from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

carpet and tile

Christine fron Action helped us though the process and also assited us in paint colors for the walls, very knowledgable in her field. The installers were great and had it all done to our satisfaction. Excellent communication from the staff we dealt with at Action Flooring in Edmonton

Thank you for your business and the review Kevin.

Barbra B. from Edmonton
Barbra B. from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Kitchen and bathroom tiling, vinyl floor installation

The salesman who came to do the initial estimate underquoted significantly. An installer came out to start the tiling in the kitchen floor then left claiming he couldn't do it because the subfloor was not sufficient (which the salesman should have determined on the first site visit). That first installer was also very rude and dismissive.
The marble floor in the bathroom was not sealed after installation- as a result, when they did come and seal it (after I brought up the etched surface), it was too late. The finish is quite irregular, looks etched and is not glossy like I wanted.
The installer for the kitchen backsplash did not arrive within the agreed upon time frame. Someone was meant to be there between 8-10. No one arrived until after 11. Communication problems apparently.
The tile in bathrooms was not siliconed after installation.
The installer neglected to tell me that the shower fixtures needed to be changed before the tile went in which necessitated me paying a plumber extra to come for a second visit and he had to access the plumbing from the kitchen side of the wall.
The salesman also promised he would personally secure the bathroom vanity and mirror to the wall in the bathroom as I was concerned about drilling through the tile. He later reneged on this promise and I had to pay someone to do that.
Payment was processed on my credit card prior to work being completed without contacting me prior.
It's been extremely frustrating dealing with this company and every time I call, it seems like no one has any idea what's going on.
In the end, I simply accepted the damaged flooring because I was tired of dealing with their incompetence. There is dismal communication within the company and most employees are completely incompetent. Avoid this company at all costs!!

I apologize that you are not satisfied with the transaction that took place. When our installer began working on your home he recommended that replacing the existing subfloor would provide a more lasting installation. While we discussed this was not necessary it was presented as an option and agreed upon. The silicone was left until the completion of the project as is normally done last. this particular project was done in more than one stage and has since been taken care of. With respect to your shower fixtures the choice to replace these is unrelated to the tiling installation and this should be researched before hand often people hire a contractor which we can recommend. Each fixture is different and this has nothing to do with our scope of work. I spoke to Paul and our service dept. regarding the installation of your mirror and vanity and while this is not something that is recalled in our conversations or outlined in our itemized contract we would have been happy to help out if you had called.
THe marble flooring was supplied by yourself not our company and is low quality and poorly filled / sealed. We spend additional time and hours to try and make it look as best as possible without any additional charges passed along. We had since offered if there was anything further we could help out with.

More about Action Flooring

Action flooring is a family owned business started in 1985 by David Reid. Presently Action's team consists of 16 full time sales staff and 30 subcontractors. Our staff is comprised of three family members as well as many long standing employees, one of which is currently celebrating their 25th anniversary with us.

Recently we have renovated our showroom to better accommodate our staff and make room for a vast selection of flooring, complementing this is our 4,000 sq ft warehouse behind the showroom to stock thousands of sq ft of tile, hardwood and carpet, for cash and carry. Over the last 25 years we have established a reputable relationship with our clients and vendors as well our employees.

Our customer base is composed of retail, commercial, insurance and new housing; also we have qualified designers on staff. We deal with high standard companies such as Belfor Restorations, Homes by Avi, Darren homes, Santos Construction, and many more.

Friendly knowledgeable staff. Decorators in store to help with the color and design of any space in a comfortable relaxed environment to do your shopping.

We look forward to hearing from you.