Amber's Furniture

HomeStars  >  Furniture in Calgary  >  Amber's Furniture

Reviews for Amber's Furniture

Marc from Calgary
Marc from Calgary

Table, chairs and a sofa/love

I had the most wonderful experience at Ambers Furniture. The sales staff was friendly and very knowledgeable and I didn't feel pressured to make any purchases. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for quality fine furnishing.

Colleen from Calgary
Colleen from Calgary

Worst customer service ever!

We ordered/purchased 2 Flex steel leather sofas back in Feb/2012. Our salesman told us these were the top of line and we believed him. A few months after delivery we noticed that the foam in the seat cushions were wearing very badly. It continued to get worse. I phoned them 6 months after purchase. After a few days of calling them I finally received a call back. (I don't know why they have such trouble calling customers with complaints.) They told me to take photos of the sofas and email them back which I did. They could see the wear plain as day. 3 months later I finally receive a call back saying the manufacturer Flex Steel will replace the seat cushions. Another 6 months later the finally send a repair man with the foam to repair. They sent the wrong foam. They sent the foam for the backs of the sofas not the seats. Can you understand why I am upset? I am then told after numerous calls again that they will reorder the foam but it will take a very long time. I gave them a good 6 months hoping they would contact me first. No. I called them in November and again waited for a call back. Finally they called me and said the foam has been in since August. Why no phone calls to me I don't know. Finally December 29th 2014 I get the foam installed. The repairman asked for payment. I immediately called Amber Furniture to be told that Flex Steel only has a one year warranty.
Bottom line is Amber Furniture does not keep accurate records of all incoming phone calls/complaints, does not care about their returning customers who have spent thousands of dollars over the years. They told me they would cover the cost of the repair but from that point on all warranty on their top of the line Flex Steel sofas was not null and void.
I am still sick over this treatment. Do not shop at Amber Furniture. I would hate to see someone spend their hard earned money for terrible workmanship and service.

Dean from Calgary
Dean from Calgary

Watch the fine print for deposits

I had a bad dealing with the sales manager at the store in which he wouldn't give me my deposit back except in form of a store credit before the furniture was even ordered.. The store Manager Rene contacted me & righted the situation. In the end she gave me a good deal, and I left satisfied.

Review has 1 previous version
Calvin from Calgary
Calvin from Calgary

bedroom set

Ordered a bedroom set from Ambers in Calgary. Was told 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. I'm now at 9 weeks without seeing the product. Sales staff continues to give me the run around with out providing any real answers. Absolutely atrocious customer service!!!! Until this supplier figures out how to make good on their promises, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!!! I Will never shop here again!!!!

Roger B from Calgary
Roger B from Calgary

High end furniture

Purchased a dinning table set, china cabinet with hutch and high top bar chairs, had it delivered by Amber's to my home. One of the bar chairs was damaged and I requested it be replaced. Also the hutch needed to be touched up as the lacquer finish was not acceptable. Their service guy insisted that this be touched up in our home, and it was done in our home and FILLED THE HOUSE WITH TOXIC FUMES! We had to leave the house for the day with all the windows open. They also insisted that the bar chair would be repaired by their service people and returned later, condition of the repair not satisfactory to me but they didn't care. Followed up with the sales lady and she just ignored our calls and disputed anything was wrong with the furniture when we returned to the store. One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a higher end purchase. The sales people will say anything to you to win the sale, then forget about you and deny anything is wrong if there is any issues with your order.
I SUGGEST TO SHOP ELSEWHERE FOR FURNITURE!

Paula in Calgary
Paula in Calgary

coffee and end tables

After we renovated our living room I looked online and at over a dozen furniture stores for new coffee and end tables with no luck. I was so frustrated. My mother said let's stop at Amber's. I thought they only sold oak furniture. Boy was I wrong! I found the prefect coffee and end tables and a great price! The staff were very professional and helpful. Have been back many times!