Beaver Valley Stone Limited

Reviews for Beaver Valley Stone Limited

Oksana in North york
Oksana in North york

Delivered stone - issues

After finally finding the stone size required, arranged for delivery.

Were supposed to call before delivery - no call.

Didn't ask where to put the it (I had stayed home), put in wrong place.

Arrived on 1 pallet, not 2 as the staff had ordered.

Stone snapped during installation. Not impressed.

Bishop18
Bishop18

Best Landscaping Supplier

We did an extension to our drive way last year and bought all the paving stones, HPB and edging stones from Beaver Valley. The nicest people to deal with. They are quite busy with contractors as it is their main business, but they were very helpful in giving us guidance in choosing our stones and recommending a great landscaper. This week I went back to order clear gravel which was delivered neatly in a mega bag and promptly as they said. Thank you Beaver Valley stone. I would definitely recommend them.

Royale in Toronto
Royale in Toronto

Landscaping

These people are rude! They treat customers very poorly.

I went in to get a quote on something. when I told them I didn't have the number they assigned to my company on me. They said if this happens again I won't get the landscaper discount. Then they looked it up for me by computer.

When I used a competitors name instead of beavers, for a product, they pretended that I didn't know anything and belittled my knowledge.

I use these guys because they seem to be well stocked on the basics. But don't ask for well draining soil. You'll get...what's that?
I guess hardscape is their forte, because they don't know softscape.

They have a 25% restocking fee so good luck if u miscalculate on something.

garrose
garrose

River rock

I was not impressed with their service. I stood at the front of the customer line in their office for over 45 minutes before being served, and then had to negotiate delivery on 3/4 of a ton of stone. Rather than apologize the employee serving me gave me a long list of the things she was juggling.

Before that I spent 15 minutes wandering around in their yard looking for someone to help me. Perhaps they have so much business from contractors that walk-ins are just a nuisance for them. Or perhaps they don't need to care how they treat customers.

As you can tell, I'm not impressed with their customer service.

fj from Vaughan
fj from Vaughan
1 review Thornhill, ON

stone

we bought stones from this company and they were supposed to deliver them on thursday morning but after calling them a lot they delivered them on friday afternoon
their service was not good at all

Stefany from Schomberg
Stefany from Schomberg
1 review Schomberg, ON

Service

I purchased material from Beaver Valley to complete a job of my clients patio. We are landscapers and most often get a lower price. Beaver Valley sold the material to me as if I was the public. I ordered the material to be delivered to the job site. I ordered the material to be there a day before we were going to fulfill the job. We noticed it was not there, I called Beaver Valley Friday evening, asking we're the material was. They said that they were behind and will be there first thing on Saturday morning. Saturday I had 3 guys there paying them by the hour. I had them there waiting for Beaver Valley's delivery. We received the delivery on Saturday at 4 in the afternoon. I was calling, they said it left at 10 in the morning. The persons house is 20 m
ins. Away. I was paying people to stand around. I got yelled at when I was calling on Saturday. They said that I should have picked it up myself to avoid headaches. I have no problem with that, if they would have told me that they were understaffed and they were too busy to deliver my material. Monday morning, I called them to see if they can reduce something because they were unprofessional. They told me that I was lucky to get the material on Saturday. No customer service and they don't care that my company lost money. They should not talk to customers that way. I could never tell anyone what they have told me. They don't care about anyone but themselves. I will not order from them anymore. I hope people see this and go purchase there stone from other company's.

Radhika Varadarajan in Richmond hill
Radhika Varadarajan in Richmond hill
9 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

Front Retaining Wall

My husband and I were planning on getting a retaining wall done for the front of our house for a flower bed. We decided to hire a contractor whom we have known for years to do the job but we were given the task of buying our own supplies.

The contractor who is very nice ( a separate review will be written) recommended us that we go to Beaver Valley to get the materials needed which were the stones, some bags of sands and other various materials. We went in person last week Wednesday on September 25th and chose the materials we needed based on the measurements the contractor took.

The materials were then delivered on the Thursday and we noticed that one particular item - screening sand which was a quantity of 20. I called the store that same day the materials were delivered and inquired based on the invoice as to the missing screening sand bags and they informed us that it was part of the landscaping/retaining wall stones that were delivered.
I double checked and nothing was present.

Today the contractor arrived (October 1st, 2013) and he also asked where the screening sand bags or so were and I informed him that it was not present. I then spoke to a representative called Josh and he kindly apologized for them not being delivered on the same day and requested we come to the store to correct this issue.

My husband went to the store with the contractor to correct this issue and he met Josh but Josh did not seem friendly as he did on the phone. When my husband spoke to Josh, Josh informed my husband that they will have to place the order again and the delivery will take 1 to 2 business days and on top of that we have to pay delivery charges again. It was their mistake firstly for not delivering the screening sand along with the original order last week Thursday. My husband got upset naturally and said it is unfair and instead requested a credit to be used towards the purchase of additional cornering stones. Josh and the manager refused to do so and were very rude about it.

In the end, the contractor was nice enough to load the screening sand into his van and brought it to our house.

I doubt that my husband nor I will ever do business with such an unreliable company that does not have proper customer service and does not meet the customer needs. I guess this is the kind of company that does not follow the common principle of "The customer is always right"

Therefore we are NOT recommending this company to other friends and family members.

Hello Radhika Varadarajan ,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our store as customer service is very important to us. If you placed a delivery with us and we missed shipping a product we would ship it out as quickly as possible at no further charge. If that product was not ordered at the same time then we would charge accordingly. Beaver Valley stone strives for the best customer experience possible. If you would like to contact us again regarding this issue i would be more than willing to take the time and listen to any concerns you have.

Best regards

Joe Ponte

Coco - Markham, York Region
Coco - Markham, York Region

Concrete slabs - defective or refurbished

AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!! The concrete slabs we got from BEST WAY STONE through Beaver Valley Stone are refurbished and look nothing like the ones they have on display or catalog. Very deceiving. 2 slabs were chipped. They offered to replace one!!! Beware of what you buy as they don't stand behind their products and they actually count on the fact that you cannot return the products, especially after you paid for delivery and installation. How convenient!
Management will do nothing to help.
Rating for quality and customer service: ZERO

Hello Coco ,

I would like Start by saying we do stand behind every Product we sell at our store . We do not sell refurbished products. As for products on display they weather with time we replace our displays regularly. unfortunately products in catalogs do not give a true representation from a picture the customer should always see the product before the final decision is made. We do in fact have a return policy if the product is returned to us in the same condition when it was loaded in to your vehicle, we will gladly take it back with a restocking fee. I am sorry you have had a bad experience with us. It would be our pleasure to make the next one a more pleasant one for you.

JMiller in Georgetown
JMiller in Georgetown
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Driveway / Walkway in Front Yard (need 20 extra stones to finish)

We were referred to this company by another landscaping supply company as we needed 20 extra stones and our company did not have any in stock. The only good thing about this company is that they have a lot of instock stones so you can likely just stop by and pick up your order.

I had my brother pick up the required stones (we had called ahead so when he got there they just quickly loaded it up onto his truck with a forklift). When he was offloading them on the driveway, he discovered that half of them were broken or had significant chips that made the stone un-usable. Unfortunately, my brother was unable to take them back and I had to load them into my car and drive them back.

It was easy to exchange, but one of the man at the front desk was kinda rude...stating that we had to be more careful with the stones as they are fragile. When we drove back into the yard, we realized why 1/2 of the stones were broken...the employees were really rough with them. In stead of place on the stones on the ground, they just dropped them from a foot or so in the air. We had to get them to open another skid as we refused to accept some of the ones that they tried to give us (again they were broken or chipped).

We will probably avoid this place in the future if possible...else we will have to be extremely careful and load the stones by ourselves.

Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Thornhill?