Royal Town Construction Ltd

Reviews for Royal Town Construction Ltd

Mike from Toronto
Mike from Toronto

I've been waiting 3 years for them to fix a driveway they installed

In May 2015, Royal Town installed an asphalt driveway between two houses, leading to a flat asphalt pad in the back. The installation was done quickly. Three years later, there are no cracks.

As soon as it was installed, I noticed: (1) there were several small visible gaps between the driveway and the wall; (2) the pad did not drain properly - puddles would remain after rain. I reported these to the installer shortly after installation. He returned in the Fall and fixed up a few small things. He did something minor about the gaps, which did not work. And he told me that he would return the following year to take care of the drainage. I never saw him again.

Spring 2016 (and every spring since) I found a long series of anthills emerging between my wall and the driveway. Throughout 2016 I made many attempts to get someone to come back. I just kept getting vague assurances that someone would come at some future date. Eventually the installer said he would come at a specific time in December but he did not show up, and did not call. Many months later, he told me that he had popped by a different day but was not able to do much. I was not home to show him where the gaps were and where the puddles were forming.

Throughout 2017 I spoke many times to a person at RTC, who kept assuring me that someone would come - but no one did.

A few calls in early 2018 had the same affect. The last person I spoke to said “someone will call you on the weekend”. No one did, of course. That was over a month ago.

Their driveways come with a two-year guarantee. My experience is that this guarantee is meaningless.

Hi Mike,
Please email us your address and number. Thanks.

Doug E.
Doug E.

Driveway Paving

We choose Royal Town Construction to complete the paving of our driveway in the fall of 2014 based on the reviews we read in Homestars. Driveway was completed on time, but almost immediately we experienced water puddling issues. We expressed our concerns with Royal Town many times, both written and verbal and although many promises to address the issue we are still waiting for them to fix the problem. We have now been waiting over three years. Not sure you can count on them to live up to their claim "All Work is Fully Guaranteed"

Would NOT Recommend.

We had our driveway down last fall by Royal Town. Overall, the communication was terrible on this project; we never knew what was happening, when they would come. We felt like we were just "another job". Many questions left unanswered. We were strongly encouraged to use stamped concrete, but do not like the way it turned out. The colour does not match at all with our porch (and not at all close to the sample provided). They encouraged to use a gloss and driveway is slippery when wet, which was a concern we expressed. Subsequently now, one winter later (less than a year) we have salt damage in many places on our driveway which looks terrible, despite using 'concrete safe' salt. We have been waiting for Royal Town to get back to us to come and look at it but not luck. Have attached one pic of the damaged concrete, but it's in many places .

Hi,

Please email us your contact number and address. Thanks.

talk
talk

Front of house pathway

Well planned and executed design. Great friendly crew led by John. Met our timeline. Very cost competitive. Will call when driveway needs replacement.

Thank you for the nice review.

Country l.
Country l.
1 review , ON

Paving driveway

A great group bunch of guys who are very professional and works as a team. They were very punctual and did an excellent job from beginning to end. We will be using them again.

Debbie
Debbie
1 review Ajax, ON

Driveway Curbs and walkway

I hired Royal Town Construction to do my driveway curbs and walkway. Kosta came out to meet us and gave us the estimate. He was professional and courteous. The guys that came out are well experienced and also recommended different options that would work best. I was happy for choosing Royal Town and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to get asphalt and concrete done.

Thank you for the great review Debbie!

jonathan in Toronto
jonathan in Toronto

driveway restoration and 18'x24' garage pad

I had a big job to do.
I was building a new garage, redoing and extending my existing driveway. I go in touch with Kosta before my project started to get an estimate prior to beginning the rest of my project. Due to issues not related to Royal Town Construction my project was delayed several months. Kosta and I were in touch constantly and he was patient and understanding even when he had to come back out to reevaluate changes to the job.

once the job started, due to weather there were some delays but this was expected. the excavation was a bigger job then expected and the price was adjusted accordingly with a full explanation. I am the type of person who likes to hang around while work is being done and the entire team of guys were great. I am sure I got in the way but never felt unwelcome during the whole process.
The pad was framed and poured perfectly.
The driveway was prepped and is now waiting for the asphalt to be done in the spring (due to the soft soil that was excavated from under the driveway the driveway needs to sit for a few months).

The whole team is awesome and Kosta went to great lengths to make sure I was happy and well informed. There were delays but when it comes to outdoor construction this is expected and does not reflect on Royal Town Construction.

I have dealt with a lot of people during this project; Kosta and the team were some of the best. they do amazing work and I recommend them highly.

Thank you so much for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you.

Concrete work in garage and repaving of driveway

We hired the Company to replace the concrete in the garage and to repave our driveway. Kosta came to the house to provide an estimate on the job and to fully explain the work that would need to be done. We were very impressed with his patience and the time he spent with us in answering all of our questions. Once the weather cooperated, we were, unfortunately, unavailable to be home when the project started, but were kept posted on the progress with photo updates. When the team dug up the concrete, they found that there was an issue and promptly got in touch with us with a solution. We are very happy with the work Kosta and his team did and the professionalism with which the project was undertaken and would recommend the company for future projects.

Thank you for the great review. Customers like you make our day!

Pauline Nash
Pauline Nash

Pool, backyard interlock, asphalt driveway

We are very happy to have contracted Royal Town Construction for our landscaping renovation. Angelo, provided suggestions after listening to our ideas for the pool, backyard area that not only enhanced our original design, but turned our yard into an oasis far beyond our expectations. We have had many compliments from neighbours, both on the quality of workmanship and time line of completion. We have already recommended Royal Town to family and friends. Both Angelo, his uncle Luciano, and his crew were thorough and timely once the weather cooperated. Initially, we were looking at the backyard only, but once demolitation started, we were quickly impressed and decided to asphalt our driveway as well. We were not disappointed with both projects, and look forward to future projects with this family business.

Thank you for the great review.

town123 in Toronto
town123 in Toronto

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We initially contacted a few companies based on reviews here and got a few quotes. Initially Kosta was very timely in his responses to us, coming out to give us a quote and sign the contract. Even the driveway, after a couple of phone calls was dug up about a month after the initial contract was signed in March. This is when it all fell apart. We waited the 3-4 weeks that we were told the gravel needed to settle. After that we began calling Kosta and emailing to get updates on our project. We initially were responded to, saying our project was in " sequence" After a month of emails and calls, they began to go unanswered and we waited a second month without any reply at all. One major mistake we made was putting up the " Royal Town" sign on our lawn. Other neighbours saw this and started calling the company, giving them an extra 8 driveways to pave. They dug these up one at a time, and then essentially stalled us 2 months before coming back to pave them all at once. The incredibly frustrating part of this was we were told on a few separate occasions that they would be coming " this week" and then no one would show up or call. Once these guys get your contract and dig up your driveway be prepared to wait and wait. I can't tell you how many calls and emails went unanswered. Go with someone else!!! I can't comment on the quality of the work as it was just completed, but their customer service is abysmal.

More about Royal Town Construction Ltd

Royaltown Construction Ltd. has emerged into a distinguished name in the construction industry in GTA since 1995. Royal Town Construction Ltd's services include asphalt paving, interlocking stone, concrete/pattern concrete, and natural stone to Residential, Commercial and Industrial sectors.