FirstOnSite Restoration

Barbara Sturdy from ENFIELD
Barbara Sturdy from ENFIELD
1 review Enfield, NS

House

Never have we encountered such a terrible company to deal with. It has been 6 years now but I want people to know just how bad this company is. We lost our house and we didn't get all of our things back, art work done by our daughter, etc, etc, etc. Stay away from this company, that is my advice.

Jim Smith from Lunenburg
Jim Smith from Lunenburg
1 review Lunenburg, NS

Roof leak causing house damage

NEVER LET THIS COMPANY IN YOUR HOME!!!!!!!
First on site was quick to show up to asses the damage and prepare a quote for the insurance company (which was incredibly inflated. I know this because I have experience in the contractor business). A 2 week job has turned into 10 months and is still not completed. The "workers" are incredibly un-skilled and did terrible quality work. They showed up an average of 1hr/wk for the past 10 months. The only time they show up is when you complain to them to get the job done, but that only lasts for 1 day. We even moved out of our home to accommodate for the repair by packing all of our furniture, decorations, etc and moved in with family, thinking it wouldn't be for very long. I can't believe the insurance company wants to "be in bed" with this company. I will be notifying my insurance company that I will be leaving them as soon as this "project" is completed.....if that day ever comes! The worst managed company I have ever seen in my 20 years s a business executive.

Fe  from Coquitlam
Fe from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Flood

We had a flood and FirstonSite came to the "rescue" ( but not really) not sure who called them. They came and packed our belongings including business inventories. I was told that everything should be packed and be kept at their storage and it is covered by my insurance policy, they never gave me options whether I want to leave all my business inventories at home since we have plenty of room that has not been affected by flood. Of course, when I met my insurance adjuster, he said that my insurance is not going to pay my business inventories packing and storage expenses since it was not covered by my insurance. I told him what happened that I was not told by FirstonSite that it was not covered by my insurance before they did the job. FirsonSite sent me the bill because my insurance will not pay for it. I'm taking the time to write this review so others will not experience what I have experienced with this company. Now I have to seek my lawyer's advice. For you out there who have flood, fire, etc, emergencies have a restoration company who will be fair and will give you options in what you intend to do with your belongings. I will never recommend FirstonSite, find another company.

Jennifer from Fallis
Jennifer from Fallis
1 review Edmonton, AB

House Fire

2 Yrs later we cannot live in our house due to air quality issues. We are still fighting them to fix it, but chances are we will loose our house.

Natalie MacNeil from Kitchener
Natalie MacNeil from Kitchener
1 review Surrey, BC

Flood Restoration and Repairs

When we experienced a flood at our condominium, First On Site was called by our condominium management company to clean up our unit. Our unit had most of the damage from a rupture in a building pipe, and it was a very stressful experience. At first, First On Site was helpful and worked to clean up the water damage while convincing us they were the right company to complete the restoration too. Once we hired them, everything proceeded very slowly from that point and it was difficult to get information. Even after the budget was approved by our insurance company it took weeks to even be contacted by First On Site, and longer to get started on the work. For a fairly simple project in a small space, it has been 5 months since our flood and the project still isn't closed. To say working with First On Site has been frustrating would be a huge understatement. Every time work is completed, it has to be redone because the workmanship is incredibly poor. The paint job was very sloppy, the kitchen cupboards were not reinstalled properly, and we have had to re-do work that was their responsibility. I will never use First On Site again, and I would not recommend working with them. We hired our own contractor who has been wonderful to work with, and I wish he would have been involved from the beginning instead of First On Site. I learned a lot of lessons about how these big restoration companies operate and the sub-contractors they use for jobs and I recommend that you do your research and talk to different restoration companies before choosing one to work with.

Martin
Martin

Water leak

Had a waterline break in master bathroom upstairs in early Feb. they can quick to put in fans but then never came back or heard anything for two weeks, then after multiple calls they came and removed the ceiling in my living room where the water leaked down, and caused more damage when they moved my furniture. Now two months later, still no word from them and again I had to call and complain. Finally someone came out and put new drywall up on the ceiling and spray the ceiling with stipple. They did a very bad job at this and only when I pointed out the mistakes did they try to fix it. Now they are painting the walls they damaged when they moved the furniture but they must have used an old roller because there are bumps from lint or whatever was on the roller. And yet again because they didn't finish no one had shown up for a few days now and I need to call again. PLEASE!!! Do not use these guys, they are so terrible and will only make things worse and frustrate the hell out of you.

Pearson from Langley
Pearson from Langley
1 review Langley, BC

waste back up

On Jan 10 I arrived home from Surgery and found a backed up basement. I called my insurance company and they sent Firstonsite. I was told the job would take a minimum of 6 weeks from the project manager. The crew that did the work where great for the most part except the contractor that scratched our brand new washer and dryer because they dragged tools across the tops. Never heard from the project manager until I was already unsatisfied with the site supervisor that showed up and dropped the ball from day 1. If I had not been at home the Project wouldn't be done. Crews would show up with wrong work orders and I gave more direction then the management. I would not recommend the management from the Surrey location, but did like the crew from Abbotsford.

B from Calgary
B from Calgary

FirstOnSite Restorations

bathroom flood in June. Insurance company recommended FirstOnSite Restorations. The initial clean up went well and they did a great job. The renovations came next and the contractors were a disaster. They did more damage each time they arrived. Shoddy workmanship and incomplete work. They were forced to re-do work due to destroying parts of the brand new floor and walls due to complete disregard for protecting the work area. They re-did shoddy work and it still does not look professional. 7 months and the "3 week" job is still not completed. Do not use FirstOnSite for any Renovations. They are good for clean up on initial flooding and that is it. I am sure I will be dealing with these guys for another couple months. Do not use them for renovations, they are not capable of doing a professional job due to hiring of low end incompetent contractors.

Nelson from Burnaby
Nelson from Burnaby
6 reviews Burnaby, BC

Basement Flood

FirstOnSite did a great job on the initial cleanup. They were fast and efficient and provided much needed reassurance after experiencing disaster. Unfortunately, their finishing contractor was not up to the same standard. Some of the finishing work was fine but some of it was absolutely terrible. Worse, he complained about the job the entire time, as if he was the one who had suffered the loss.

The company's communication was good at first as well, but dried up when I had complaints about the finishing.

nina from Surrey
nina from Surrey
19 reviews White Rock, BC

Wet basement

Nice and timely service, very professional, returned restorable items and salvaged the damaged ones. Provided me with a list of items. Staff were polite and helpful.i was covered through my home insurance for costs therefore not sure of actual cost.

More about FirstOnSite Restoration

We are a company that specializes in restoration work after a flire, flood, sewer back up ect.
Looking for Fire & Water Damage Restoration pros in Abbotsford?