Insulation

Reviews for Affordable Home Insulators Ltd

M & T from Calgary
M & T from Calgary
7 reviews , SK

Removed attic insulation and blew in new

The short review - they did an excellent job. The longer -we have a 1956 bungalow, and this two man crew of David and Corey did a super job of sucking out all the old insulation as well as removing four big bags of construction debris left up there from the last six decades. They refilled the attic with 18” of R50 Fibreglass loose-fill insulation. They also put in two whirlybirds for our 1300 sf house and air chutes. They informed us about the government rebate program and have submitted the paperwork for us. We appreciate it and it’s nice to know we’ll get a few hundred dollars back.

We went ahead with all of David’s recommendations, without question, because he came highly recommended by our very trusted contractor (and no, they're not in cahoots). The entire process took two consecutive days. We were lucky not to have to wait days for the attic to be re-insulated.

The guys are polite and nice, conscientious, clean, careful and from what we can tell, they did a really good job. We would highly recommend them to friends and family and to you.

They are busy, so it can take a few days to get a return call, hang in there, it’s worth it!

Hi M&T Thank you so much for the kind words, and your patience as the winter busy season starts. You were a pleasure to deal with, and a very organized and motivated client. Our favorite kind! Thanks again.

Rafal in Calgary
Rafal in Calgary

Reno project

I hired Affordable Home Insulators for my reno project in Oakridge SW. 1100sq ft of R50 attic blow in insulation. Job was done quick. I am very satisfied. I will definately hire David and his team for my next projects.
Great work guys!!!

Raff (Raff's Drywall Services)

Hi Rafal. Thank you for the kind words. I will definitely pass on your compliments to David and to the crew that did your project. It definitely helps to have such an organized and professional client like Raff's Drywall!

Jan in Calgary
Jan in Calgary

Attic renovation

We had no insulation in our attic in Ramsay Calgary, just horse hair and wood chips.
I called around to various insulation companies. Affordable had the best price and was also quick and professional. We were very impressed. They explained everything and were very courteous.
I would strongly recommend them. We own some rental properties and will definitely use them again.

Hi Jan. Thank you for the great review. It is always a treat to work with our wonderful clients, especially ones that are as organized as you are!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

attic insulation

I had just had a bunch of plumbing and electrical work done including some ventilation fans for the bathrooms as it is an older house that never had fans. I was upset to say the least when I noticed a water mark on my ceiling next to the newly installed vent fan. I called the plumbing company who informed me it was due to the drastic temperature difference between the house and attic causing condensation to drip. While waiting for them to get back to me with a quote I called around. These guys were knowledgeable and affordable costing me the same or less if I were to do it myself. It took them under an hour to fill my entire attic including clean up! They were friendly, polite and even encouraged me to go and look at the work to make sure I was satisfied. They also got back to me AND sid the job before the other company even got back to me with a quote.

AM P.
AM P.

Attic Insulation Top-Up

Our attic insulation was seriously deficient and old. These guys topped it up to bring it to the eco-energy standard of R50. The crew was on time, friendly and fast. They recommended an extra "whirly bird" to ensure we had sufficient ventilation, and we were happy to receive that recommendation. I 100% recommend their crew and quality of work.

AMP. Thank you so much for the kind words. I will pass on your compliments to the installation crew and to David who managed your upgrade. It's always a pleasure to do a successful upgrade and work with customers who are so organized and knowledgeable.

Brandon in Calgary
Brandon in Calgary

Replace attic insulation

We needed to renovate all of our pot lights and other electrical in the attic. also we had cellulose insulation that was always getting wet. These guys remove all of the insulation and vacuumed out the attic. Then they installed Styrofoam baffles and spray foam to fix plastic barrier and other holes in attic, then they blew brand new insulation back in. It cost exactly what they said it would and they cleaned up, showed up on time, and kept in touch by phone through all of it. I would recommend them anytime.

Brandon. Thanks for the kind words. Your project was well planned out on your part, and it was nice work with a knowledgeable and organized client. I will pass your compliments on to the crew. Your attic is now ready to take on anything a nasty winter can throw at it.

Darren Amberson from Cochrane
Darren Amberson from Cochrane
3 reviews Cochrane, AB

Upgrade insulation in attic and garage

Dave and his helpers came out and got to work promptly. The equipment used was older and looked like it need some TLC, but it got the job done. The only issue my wife and I had was the mess the guys left behind. While they did clean up the obvious areas, places like the top of the shelving in the closet was covered in insulation and had to be cleaned. Also, the attic access "door" was not properly seated.Not a huge deal, but does show attention to detail could be improved. Other than that we are happy with the results (this winter will really tell!).

Michael in Calgary
Michael in Calgary

Removed & Replaced My Insulation

We had mice and squirrels living in our attic. We called Affordable to get a quote, along with two other companies. The prices of all three companies were similar but the guy from affordable seemed more professional on the phone and when he came and gave us a quote he was very knowledgeable and did not pressure us to spend extra money on items I didn't think we needed. Both the other companies pushed me hard to spend extra money. That was a turn off!!

The removal went pretty smoothly. There was a small area that got missed (it was hidden behind a corner) and when I mentioned it they came back right away and removed that extra area even though I did not expect them to. They cleaned up after they were finished and removed a bunch of garbage that the previous owner had left up there, for me free of charge.

When they came back to install new insulation they put plastic down on the carpets and blankets in the windows where the hose went through to protect it. I don't know if other companies do this but these guys took are of the house. The installers were very friendly and answered all of my questions. Their supervisor cam tot he house during the removal and replacement to check on the crew.

I was pretty impressed and started off worried about it all but it worked out perfectly and it was clear these guys know what they are doing and they have done it before.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Michael,

Thank you for your positive review. I will pass your compliments on to the crew that did your removal and replace. It is always nice to hear good feedback from customers. If you have any questions or issues in the future, don't hesitate to call.

Mark from Calgary
Mark from Calgary

Air sealing and insulation

We had moisture in our attic from interior air leaks. I contacted Affordable for a quote. Dave provided the quote, which was competitive on a per sq ft basis, but he overestimated our square footage by 300 feet. Once this was settled, we had them remove the existing cellulose insulation so we could do some electrical work. They did not remove some of the batt insulation and old building materials, but just left it. They damaged my window trim in the process. On their second visit to air seal they were late, although they called to advise of this. The supervisor, Dave, was present for a little while and guided his staff. Once he left the quality of their work fell off. I had to climb into the attic to check and tell them what they missed. Very frustrating. Despite Dave's promise they would replace a vent pipe, they did not. Instead they jerry-rigged it by wrapping part way with insulation. Despite assurances they would finish and be gone by the end of the day, they were late leaving. And their truck left a nice stain on my concrete. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

M Wong from Calgary
M Wong from Calgary

insulating attic

403-291-4281
5-2611 5 Avenue NE
Calgary
AB
T2A

Called them and they came out and gave an estimate. Booked an appointment they came and did the job quickly. Due to the ice on the roof they could not put the whirlybird in right away but as soon as it melted they were out and finished the job. I would call them again and told my friends about them.

More about Affordable Home Insulators Ltd

As one of Calgary's oldest insulation contracting companies, Affordable Home Insulators Ltd. specializes in retrofit attic upgrades and insulation removals. We also offer air leakage and moisture control services, basement blanket wrap insulation, blown-in insulation, soundproofing, roof vent and turbine installation, spray-on foam and more. Call Affordable Home Insulators Ltd. ...
Looking for Insulation pros in Calgary?