#8, 4539 6 St. NE Calgary Calgary AB T2E 3Z6

Reviews for Western Canadian Furnace Company

Furnace and duct cleaning

I have my furnace and ducts cleaned yearly because I have two dogs and three small children. I decided to try western canadian furnace company because they have good reviews. The technician (shea) was late and quite rude. He brought his big hoses in through my basement window and ended up scratching my window mouldings. He tracked dirt all over my front carpet. I like to be involved when I hire someone to do work at my house, when I asked him why he didn't pull the furnace motor out during the cleaning he seemed annoyed and said "we don't do that, it's not necessary". All of the other companies I have used pulled the motor out. I have a 14 year old Lennox furnace and shea told me numerous times I needed to change my furnace because it was unsafe and also told me to change my 6 year old hot water tank to the tune of $7-$10,000. I felt very pressured and uncomfortable with him going into every room of my house. When he started the furnace back up after finishing the cleaning, I heard a bunch of debris flying around in the furnace and the house smelled like burnt plastic and was smokey. I felt like I paid for a service that was not done properly and I was pressured into buying new equipment. I had atco out for an inspection and they said my furnace and hot water tank are in great condition but they pulled my motor out and I saw all the debris from my duct work still sitting in my furnace. I would never hire this company again or recommend them to anyone.

Hello, thank you for your review, we would like to apologize for the experience you had with our technician. This is not the type of company we are and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you and make it right. Unfortunately we were not able to contact you due to this review being posted privately. Would you be able to call our office to discuss? Please ask for either myself, Ida or Saundra. We look forward to the opportunity of speaking with you.

Ida Greco
Commercial, Marketing and AP/AR Manager
403-531-6181
info@westcan4u.ca

Robbin & Debbie Bell from Calgary
Robbin & Debbie Bell from Calgary

Furnace & Duct Cleaning, Furnace and Hot Water Tank Replacement

Steve & Tyler came to do the cleaning. They were right on time and walked me through what was going to occur. Upon inspection of the furnace Steve found cracked heat exchangers that were leaking CO and when questioned about scorch marks on the hot water tank explained that it has passed its expiration date. Although it was not heating season within a few hours I was called to book an appointment for the replacement two days later. I had Steve's price quote by the end of the next day. The replacement team (sorry I can't remember their names) was on time and stayed all day to complete the job. They were very polite and professional and even reinforced the back stairs they had been using when they noticed a step was loose. They walked us through how to work with the new equipment and the price was exactly what was quoted. Tyler then came about six weeks later to do a complimentary duct cleaning. He again was on time and was polite and professional. Everyone from the ladies on the phone booking the appointments to the workmen were polite, courteous and professional. I am looking forward to dealing with this company again next May when it will be time for the yearly inspection of the new furnace. GREAT JOB1!!!!!

Thank you so much for your review and for your great comments about our staff. We are so happy you decided to go ahead with Western for your furnace needs and we look forward to continue working with you in the future. We are here to help so please feel free to contact us anytime.

Ida Greco
Commercial & Marketing Manager
403-531-6181
info@westcan4u.ca

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Furnace & Duct Cleaning

LOVE LOVE LOVE this company! Have nothing but amazing things to say. They are always the first company I call, they are always honest, efficient and effective in everything they do. My experience has always been fantastic, from making the appointment with the friendly team at the office to having their technicians in our home who are very good at their job. I will always recommend this company and will continue to use them for years to come. With the amount of services they offer I do not know why I would go anywhere else!!

Thank you so much for your review. We are always here to help and look forward to continue working with you for years to come!

Crystal  in Calgary
Crystal in Calgary

Furnace cleaning

I have been using this company for over 5 years now not only for my home but my business. They are always prompt with service, professional and courteous. They explain everything they are doing and why and if they notice something that needs to be addressed you know right there and then. They have no hidden cost what the tell you is the price is the price. When I first moved into my house my gas bills were so high after they cam out and inspected my furnace they found work that needed to be completed. Once everything was done my gas bills decreased by half.

My neighbor is also now using this company and since using there services she has seen a decrease in her heating cost's.

I had an emergency at my Mom's her furnace had gone down in - 27 weather she had called other company's gave her a two day window. She called and talked to me, I called Western and they were there that day. Unfortunately she needed to have her furnace replaced, but they gave her a great price and even helped explain the rebate she could get when the job was completed. After the install was done my Mom decided to call other company's just to see what they would have charged and the best price at the end of the day was Western.

Western is always there to take care of there customers and they treat you like part of the family. I would highly recommend this company for all you furnace and pluming need's

Thank you so much for your review, we do consider our clients family and we are always here to help. We look forward to continuing to work with you for many more years to come!

Management team

Daryl in Vancouver
Daryl in Vancouver

Furnace

This company is local and friendly, they are clean and respectful. I have been using this company for over 6 years and have always trusted the advice from their technicians. I would highly recommend them for all furnace maintenance and upgrades. They have no hidden fees and always explain things in great detail if anything comes up.

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and we are so happy to hear you have been using us for over 6 years. We look forward to continue working with you for many more years to come!
We would also like to enter you in our first quarterly contest for a chance to win an iPad, If you are interested please email your contact information to info@westcan4u.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Owner

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

furnace repair

Our furnace was making vibrating sounds at increasingly regular intervals. The representative knew immediately what the problem was and fixed it. We had thought it was the humidifier in the past, so had that checked out about one month before. Because the cause was something different, we were not charged for a second service call.

Good morning,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and we are so happy we were able to repair your furnace for you. We would like to enter you in our contest for a chance to win an iPad, if you are interested please email your contact information to info@westcan4u.com. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Prasad in Vancouver
Prasad in Vancouver

Furnace inspection and parts replacement

We heard strange sounds coming from the furnace, which is a 2001 Carrier Weathermaker. We called Western Canadian Furnace as they had previously serviced the furnace. They arrived on time, the service guy was courteous and clean. The problem was identified and parts replaced. We are satisfied with the service and would recommend them to others.

Hi Prasad,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We would like to enter you in our contest for a chance to win an iPad, if you are interested please email your contact information to info@westcan4u.com. We look forward to working with you in the future.

vira in Calgary
vira in Calgary

Duct Cleaning

Booking the appointment was the best experience, you'll hear the voice of best employee of this company. Two techs show up very late around 6:30pm on the day. They started running around the house with their equipment, but did not explain whet they do. Halfway, they informed us some pipes (in the basement chimney...etc etc) are not covered for the package I bought (Platinum), which was not informed to me by the receptionist at the time of booking. Technicians said it will cost extra 200 - 300 CAD to cover the whole house. And they were in such a hurry, looked like want to catch a train. We were not sure if they completed what was paid by us. However ended up paying 200 -300 CAD extra. The alarming thing was, technicians expected the furnace be broken after the duct cleaning. They were kind of surprised my Lennox furnace was functioning after their cleaning. The whole experience was stressful and dissatisfied with this company.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I have been trying to locate your invoice as we have not sold a Platinum package in over a year and our last appointment of the day is at 4:00PM. If you would be able to contact the office I would be happy to discuss your experience and if we did charge you an additional $200-300 on top of what was quoted I would be happy to look into this as well. You can reach me directly at 403-531-6181.

Office Manager at Western Canadian Furnace COmpany Ltd.

Chris in Airdrie
Chris in Airdrie
3 reviews Airdrie, AB

General Furnace Cleaning

I would definitely use this company again.

They arrived and gave me a quick walk-through of what they would be doing and gave me a full written quote before performing any work. The main technician did the normal up-selling that is expected, which worked in my case as I needed the Fresh Air Intake and Vacuflow cleaned anyway, I just didn't know they performed this task. They completed the work quickly and with minimal mess considering the work they were doing.

Only thing against them was that they were 15 minutes late, but given that I live in Airdrie and they are in Calgary that is easy to overlook. They still finished before when they said they would so it still worked out.

Review has 1 previous version
David J.
David J.

Furnace Clean

Tyler and Tyler were professional, courteous and very helpful. they were in and out in an hour and left the house tidy. I didn't know what to expect when I used a groupon for their service but I'm glad I did. They have lower cost extra vent rates and include a higher number (15). I will definitely be using them again in the future and highly recommend them to anyone. Great job guys and thanks for everything!!

More about Western Canadian Furnace Company

We specialize in Furnace and AC Installs, Furnace Cleaning, Duct Cleaning and Furnace repairs in both the residential and commercial industries. In addition to our services, we are a certified Lennox dealer and we also carry Lennox products and parts. www. westcan4u. com #13, 4001 19 St. NE, Calgary, AB ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?