Tippet-Richardson

Reviews for Tippet-Richardson

TheOldDC in Toronto
TheOldDC in Toronto

Crappy service, zero accountability

Really disappointed with the claims process after I was encouraged by the movers to transport an electronic device on the truck, only to have it broken. Non-responsive, unhelpful and no accountability. If I wanted this kind of shoddy service, I would have hired a couple of local guys off Craig's list to move us from our apartment into our new home at a fraction of the cost. Over-priced and crappy customer service.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Moving across Canada

Terrible moving Company. Very enthusiastic and helpful at the beginning despite trying to sell you on services not needed. Moderate to good when packing and leaving the original location, once the truck is packed and en route, you will not hear from them until they call you to let you know they will be charging your credit card. No other follow up, despite making numerous mistakes throughout the process. Once destination was reached, movers did not follow move-in policies despite being asked to do so and Tippet-Richardson had no follow up to ensure everything went smoothly. Would not recommend to anyone. Their sales/moving consultant who is supposed to be the primary point of contact is out to lunch.

Derry
Derry
6 reviews Vancouver, BC

Good in Toronto, preposterous in Vancouver

Our Toronto to Vancouver move went well on pickup (great careful team). Delivery was a joke - understaffed (2 guys including the driver, had 5 people on pickup, so they went over the estimated time and we ended having to help them) and disorganized. Had multiple boxes from another party delivered (which I found and told them to take back). For the items they packed/unpacked, the movers put the empty boxes beside full ones, then when removing empties took a full box (item still in it) back onto the truck without us realizing and apparently recycled it.

We have gone through an extensive process to try to obtain compensation, or at least clarification of how they justify violating their own terms of carriage, including writing their President. Haven't heard back.

In short, paying for a professional moving company but only getting the service on half the trip was't worth it. Tippet then wasn't willing to address their error. I'd suggest looking at another company.

PamS from Toronto
PamS from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Moving residences

The Tippet Richardson relocation consultant, David Novak, could not have been more helpful: he set up a well-managed, well-planned, multi-stage move. Packing/unpacking crews were incredibly courteous, well-trained, professional in every way. Particular thanks to crew leads Anton and Calvin for making this work so smoothly. Carpets and furniture were placed, boxes unpacked and removed. It was very, very helpful. Downsizing from a large family home in which you have lived for decades and moving into a condominium is a daunting task. To others who are thinking about doing this, consider using this company for really wonderful service.

Alyn Glazerman from Scarborough
Alyn Glazerman from Scarborough

Moving

My wife and I used them for the third time in December. There is a real difference between professional movers and the lowest priced movers. TR Limited sent a sales guy to come give us a quote and he helped us prepare for the move. I once used the least expensive movers I could find. These guys were sketchy movers that quoted one price and then held me and all of my worldly possessions hostage, until they raked me over the coals for significantly more - Don't make this mistake.

With Tippet-Richardson, you get what you pay for. They are friendly and efficient. I am grateful that they got us through our move on time and for the same amount that was quoted. They deliver the real red carpet treatment and their men are professionals. 3 of the 4 guys had been with the company for many years...They mentioned that the company provides them with a great benefit package. They did their job with care and pride. Nothing lost or broken: ) All in all, they weren't the 'cheapest', they were the best and worth every cent spent, as I value my stuff.

Hi Alyn

Thank you for your kind words. We believe in providing personal service which includes a pre-move in home consultation, which seems to be rare these days.

Regards, Dave

Brena from Thornhill
Brena from Thornhill
13 reviews Thornhill, ON

My Move

Thank you so much for having the boxes available for my move yesterday. I must let you know that Mike, Lawrence and Ralph were absolutely amazing!

They were pleasant, polite and extremely accommodating. I couldn't have asked for a better moving experience. I am so grateful that they were so friendly and good-natured.
I cannot say enough about how great they were. I hope you are aware of the quality of the crew that made my move as stress-free as possible.

Dana from Scarborough
Dana from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

MOve

The worst experience ever!!!! Scheduled two moves with them one month apart. They did my first move, but were one hour late and said their truck broke it wasn't their fault. They didn't show up to my second move!!!! I called them 100 times the day of the move, and someone finally got back to me simply stating, "they forgot to schedule the move" even though I had a confirmation email from them 3 days before. Disgusting!!!! No one even called to apologize!!!! I've called the company a few times to hear an apology and get my deposit back - didn't get either. They did rush to pick up all their rags. Will never ever use again and will continue to post this review wherever I can!

Brian Turner from Lakefield
Brian Turner from Lakefield
1 review Lakefield, ON

Moving from Abu Dhabi

Tippet Richardsons care only about their bottom line. They are not customer centered. Before they even delivered our personal effects from our international move they were demanding a fuel surcharge. They had difficulty making a rural delivery. Wayne the dispatcher tried to pawn us off on another mover which would have nullified our insurance. They underestimated the cost of redelivering our personal effects by 70%. No negotiation on these costs. Either pay up or you don't get your stuff. When our goods were delivered, they demanded payment up front. Delivery was sloppy. Boxes ended up in wrong rooms. Coverings for floor were deployed but not used. If you can avoid this firm, please do. Don't believe anything they say. Get it in writing.

Chris Gray from East York
Chris Gray from East York
4 reviews East York, ON

Storage

I have household items stored with Tippet-Richardson. Recently, I had to get in and retrieve some things. The warehouse storage people were professional and very friendly even though I asked them to search through several crates to find what I wanted. After getting everything home I noticed that I'd forgotten some couch legs--they searched through storage and brought them out and installed them for me next day. They even refinished them! Even though they are a big company you really feel like they are a family shop.