Starling Pools And Spa LTD

Reviews for Starling Pools And Spa LTD

Dani in Whitby
Dani in Whitby

Terrible terrible terrible

Over priced pool closing.
They did not show up the day that was scheduled. When called seemed to know nothing about it. I had to call again a day later to book.
Their policy has changed (without notification) - so things that have been included in pool closing for the last 8 years were without warning not included.
This is on top of bad service over and over.
Find a company that cares about its reputation and its customers.

This is only one disappointment of many.

Turfdaddy in Pickering
Turfdaddy in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Pool Closing

After using a local Pickering pool services company for the last 25 years it was time for a change and I thought I would give Starling an opportunity. Their services were a step up and the professionalism of the company was a welcome change. E-mails letting me know they were coming and outlining the services to be provided just confirmed my first impressions. The closing service today was performed as scheduled, everything was done very neatly at a cost significantly less than what I had been charged by the previous company. The overall value and service that Starling provides will ensure they get my future business. Thank you and see you in the Spring.

wies in Toronto
wies in Toronto

Pool Liner, Filer and Heater installed

I want to thank Ken and his staff, special kudos to Mike for his words of wisdom. Starling came in and replaces my pool liner, filter and then provided me excellent service in replacing my pool heater, which is a much improved upgrade to the clunker I had. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for and not to cut corners as it relates to quality workmanship and products, Well done guys.

nanik in Whitby
nanik in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Quoted price, paid money but pool was not cleaned and asking for more money.

It was my first time to open the pool and I decided to go with sterling pools & Spa which was the biggest mistake. I spoke to Ken and requested him to come to see my pool before quoting the price as cover was in the pool and it was dark green. Someone from their company came and paid a visit and quoted me the price after having a look at my pool.
I paid them the money and fixed a appointment for which they not showed up on fixed date and time, same thing happened for second visit. After second visit the pool was still not clean and they guys confirmed they will comeback for 3 visit on Friday but no one turned till wednesday so called them and spoke to Ken and he said as pool was too dirty they will charge extra. After too much of discussion he agreed to send staff for 3 visit and clean the pool. The guys came in for approx 30 minutes and did not do much and left leaving the pool in not in usable condition. I called Ken back and he said it will be addition charge to clean the pool as it was too dirty and to arrogant in talking and not agreed he quoted the price after having the look at the pool at first place.
My pool is still dirty and not able to use it as have no experience to clean it.

Angelo  in North York
Angelo in North York
1 review Ajax, ON

Pool Services

I was looking for a new pool company to take over the Services / Maintenace of our family pools, as the previous company was regularly missing appts, breaking items associated with seasonal openings and closings also displayed a poor representation of appearance and workmanship of an upscale business.

I am very pleased to have chosen Starling Pools & Spa Ltd. Pride, work ethics and integrity..... they have it all.
Keep up the great work.
Keep up the great work

Whitby Scott in Whitby
Whitby Scott in Whitby

Pool Maintenance and Liner Replacement

I looked up Starling Pools on-line today and found the link to Homestars. I was stunned to see the poor ratings for this company. Let me start by stating that I moved to an older home appox. 5 years ago with a pool. The liner had just been replaced by Starling Pools.

I had Starling open the pool the first summer to ensure that there were no problems. The opening went smoothly and I was very satisfied. Again, had them do the pool closing that first summer, and all went well.

I have opened and closed the pool myself since then, except for having them open the pool in 2015. It was a different crew opening my pool, seemed to not care, and wanted to get out of doing the second visit. I called the store and they apologized - explaining what should have been done in the opening, stating that they would talk to that crew. Starling then sent another senior crew over, the very next day, who rectified any and all problems with the opening - rectifying issues that I wasn't even aware of. GREAT SERVICE!!!!!

Then this past couple of weeks I noticed that our liner was starting to come out of the track in 2 places. The pool I had growing up had an issue that started like this, and then became a big problem one spring upon the pool opening. I was in the store with a water sample and mentioned it. Exchanged a couple of voicemails with Ken. We were headed out of town, so my last voicemail gave them permission to do the service - as Ken's message to me said I would have to pay for their technician's time. They came out that day (while I was still home) and fixed the problem immediately. It took them approx. 1 minute - I guess I was just being paranoid. There was NO CHARGE for this service.

Finally, in regards to the maintenance of the water. I have tried a couple of other stores with water samples - based on their analysis I would follow the recommended steps but could never get the pool sparkling clean. One of the stores wanted to charge me for the water test!!! I have learned, and now go to Starling Pools every time for this, as they ALWAYS get it right. My pool is sparkling clean. The staff their is great -I know I can trust them to get it right.

In short, all of my dealings with this company have been GREAT!!! I would highly recommend them.

Mary from Whitby
Mary from Whitby

Pool opening

I paid in advance for a two-visit pool opening. The first visit was fine but then we booked visit #2 FOUR times and they failed to show up every time. We finally had to pay another company to finish the job. Live and learn, I guess. It's unfortunate that consumers have no recourse in situations like these.

Paul from Houston
Paul from Houston

Pool Service

They botched our pool installation. Every year since there are issues with pool openings and they have ruined the liner. This year they called us and made opening appointment for Thursday. They attend for 1.5 hours and say will return Friday but they do not. They say they will attend Saturday, but they do not. I speak to Ken who is always a jerk, he is a jerk again. Says too be busy and see you Monday. Never apologetic, always ignorant. I would recommend this company to nobody.

David from Whitby
David from Whitby

New Pool Liner

I employed Starling to replace my pool liner. The shallow end has creases all over it. When I informed Starling I got one excuse after another. Call back when it's warmer. Call back when it's colder. Call next Spring. The water table is too high. It's my own fault. The list goes on.
All this from a company I had used for 10 years for everything. If you value any sort of customer service, do not use this company.

Alfonso from Whitby
Alfonso from Whitby

building an inground pool

Thanks Staling Pools, for an excellent job on time an everything clean and finished. Good and polite workers. they are real professionals, for sure we will recommend their services to build a pool.