Rent A Son

Stacey in Mississauga
Stacey in Mississauga
0 reviews Brossard,

Downsizing

My parents are moving from Ontario to BC, and downsizing from a house to a condo. The furniture and stuff that they couldnt/wouldnt take on their move came to me in Brossard, Quebec. Junior and Deakwon were careful, efficient and professional. They had to contend with snow, a tiny elevator, and a small apartment with sharp corners, and they did so with ease. I could not be happier with my experience. The sales rep was Amanda, and although she coordinated more with my mother, she was organized and efficient when I spoke to her. I strongly recommend Rent a Son to anyone needing a moving company.

Francesca in Markham
Francesca in Markham

Moving made easy

We moved from a 4 bedroom home in Newmarket to a 4 bedroom in Whitby. In the past when we have moved we rented a truck and did it ourselves. This time we decided to try a moving company and we were so happy we did. My first contact was Erika (sales rep) who helped with the quote. We did a video chat so I could show her around my place and we could get an accurate quote. She was very helpful with all of my questions and concerns. On the day of the move our team was Junior, George, Johnathan and Daniel. These guys were hard workers, very quick, and having a good time all day. It was so nice to see everyone in good moods, keeps the day light rather than adding to the stress of moving. They took apart our beds to get them out and set them back up at our new house. It was totally worth it to hire a moving company and I highly recommend rent-a-son.

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto
3 reviews Thorold, ON

Moving appliances

Hired Rent-a-Son for an in house shuffle of old and new appliances through tight hallways and crazy staircases. They achieved what we thought might be impossible and were done within an hour. Very professional, great guys. Amanda was a pleasure to book with.

City Move

My move was a breeze!

I loved how easy it was to get a quote from Amanda. My crew (Junior, Daniel and Geoffrey) were efficient and careful with all my stuff :)

Matt in Toronto
Matt in Toronto

Condo move out

Fabio, Jevon, and David took care of moving all our stuff from our condo to our new home. They were incredibly courteous and helpful and made the move very low-stress. David could have been a little gentler with the boxes clearly labelled FRAGILE, but in the end nothing was broken and so I'm not too fussed about it.

3 bedroom house move

The team was exceptionally professional and on time. They took into account special instructions regarding fragile pieces of furniture and placed items where we asked them to in the destination house. Despite a delay in collecting the keys, the movers were respectful and completed the job with care. This was our third move with Rent-a-Son and I would definitely use them again.

George in Toronto
George in Toronto

worst move ever

Original quote was 1,400.00 for 3 guys and a truck, 4 guys showed up and the guy in charge suggested I keep him. The reason I guess was so trips to Tim's would leave a guy at the house. So many breaks and time wasting, most of the time I could only see one guy working, but I was calm because of the quote. At the end there was only one guy that knew how to reassemble 2 Ikea furniture pieces while the others stood around over an hour, he could not complete it properly and I had to step in, against his ego, I was right. Aftermath is damage ridden and many missing items! Final bill over $2,800!

Final bill over $2800.00

peggy in Toronto
peggy in Toronto

Moving

I had multiple heavy boxes to move from my condo to a storage unit.
I was able to book a team quickly and easily.
The team was absolutely wonderful: professional, efficient, polite and dedicated.
It was a breeze!!

loading and packing a moving truck.

I hired 3 young men from Rent A Son to help us load furniture and pack 2 moving trucks. They sent me Julian, Rob and Mike who were just magnificent! They arrived right on time and got right to work. Julian packed the truck like a surgeon with no wasted space. Rob & Mike were so congenital. Nothing was too much to asked. Just a great bunch of guys. They made a very stressful situation very relaxing and even enjoyable. I would use them again in minute and recommend them to my friends.

Peewee in Toronto
Peewee in Toronto

Long distance move and storage

We moved from Mississauga to Ottawa, which is considered a long distance move (intra province - within the same province).
We had two major issues and a few other more minor issues.
(1) They forgot a 20 ft ladder at our house in Mississauga, which I noticed as they were driving away. I waved frantically my hands to no avail. We couldn't reach anyone at the office as it was Friday and it was 6:04 pm (the office closed at 6:00 pm). No one supplied us with the cell phone numbers for the forman or the manager of operations. We had to figure out a way to move it ourselves 500 km.
(2) Problem with the estimate for the storage:
The long distance move coordinator came to give us an estimate. She had a look at our belongings at our house, before they were stored in the garage by the house stagers. The estimate was 7 crates for the storage of our belongings at 100$/ crate/month. The first invoice we received they were charging us for 13 crates + 2 skids! I called the coordinator and she said they would try to reorganize our belongings in order to make a more efficient use of the space. Finally the best that they could do was 10 crates. Beware of the storage estimates... as they low balled ours. Of course we went with them as we thought the storage fees would be 7 crates x $100/months. Other companies better estimated our storage needs. The long distance coordinator told me that the stagers probably didn't box our belongings efficently that was why the storage required more crates.
Other little issues are:
(1) Insurance in Ontario has a 8 % tax , no GST should be charged. For the 6 months our belongings were in storage they charged HST on the insurance premium therefore we paid an extra $43.00 5% of GST.
(2)Beware when the forman comes with the inventory list at the end of the day (after the pick up and the drop off), make sure that you go around every cupboard and corner of your house, because you will be exhausted and tempted not to, but this is important. He will have you sign off the inventory sheets (we had more than 30 sheets), and affix your initials to everyone of them. Once again go around and make sure they have everything. Keep the sticker to cross check with the inventory.
They did reimburse us for broken items (we had the premium insurance), lost items and compensation for the ladder that was left behind however not including the HST of replacement items.
They were all very curtious and professional.
They might have done a better job for a move within the GTA compared to a long distance move with storage.

They arrived with 2 of their trucks, they needed to call up a third one for the move out of our house in Mississauga.

Finally we went with this company for the price and they had good ratings. But because of the storage misquoting and the ladder incident resulted in our disatisfaction with this company.

More about Rent A Son

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010, 2011 and 2014, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.