Rent A Son

Reviews for Rent A Son

Theo in Toronto
Theo in Toronto

Amazing Service- Excellent Company

I move often and have never had such a professional and easy experience as I did with Rent A Son. In particular, the crew assigned to my move Direye and Nils were extremely prompt, professional, respectful and careful with all of my belongings. They moved all my belongings from a storage unit to a third floor walk up apartment with ease. The estimate was extremely accurate, thanks to this crew for making it happen! Highly recommended!

Kim fielding  in Toronto
Kim fielding in Toronto

Very unsatisfactory service

Rent A Son
866-999-2766
82 St. Regis Cres. North
M3J 1Z3

We were quoted $600, bill came in at $1500, charged for parking tickets, extra charges for timing etc. Called them and they adjusted to $972. Still $372.00 over. If I hadn't of called or looked at my bill, they were very comfortable overcharging me. Worst part, is they broke a picture, and LOST 3 bags of expensive clothes and 2 cushions for a couch. After repeatedly calling we have not had the issue resolved after 6 weeks. This company does not stand behind their service, and worse, won't unload all of your items and then refuses to address the loss. Save yourself the problem -just don't use them.
Kim Fielding

Jon in London
Jon in London
1 review London, ON

Rent-a-son helped me move from my condo!

The crew, Corey & Brian, we very professional and respectful of my property. I asked if they could take care of the hardwood floors for me and they made sure to roll down extra mats for protection! They also watched the elevator so I wouldn't lose my deposit :) They were very fast and grouped everything together for me - very friendly! Thanks Rent-a-Son!!

Thank you Jon for your kind words! I am so glad that we were able to help! Enjoy your new home. ~ Erika

Laurie in
Laurie in

Packing and Moving

We had a great experience with Rent-a-Son. We had them do both the packing and the moving and they were fantastic. Tyler packed everything in our kitchen a hundred times better than we ever would have, and Di took care of everything else, we were impressed how quickly they were able to get everything packed up in boxes for us. On moving day, Corey, Brian and Nils moved all of our stuff with great care and put everything in the right place to make it easy to unpack. Nothing was lost and everything is nicely settled into our new home. Rob was great at getting us accurate quotes so there were no surprises on moving day. Thanks!

Laurie, thanks very much for your feedback. We're happy to hear the pack and move went so well and you had a great exerience with us.
We look forward to helping you the next time you move. Enjoy your new home! ~ Rob

Mvoing

Wow! This company was great. From start to finish, they were professional, courteous and efficient. They were moving furniture into a new build and they were so careful and respectful of the new house. I was so impressed. Would definitely use them again

Sungy in North York
Sungy in North York

Moving Service & Junk Removal

I found the company on homestars, and Erika was very helpful with all my questions, I probably exchanged over 10 emails with questions and everything was addressed. On our move day we also wanted junk removal and rent-a-son also provided that service as well. They took the items to the warehouse, and moved our items to the house. The estimates were close to the actual price charged.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that we could help with your move and junk removal. Enjoy your new home! ~ Erika

MLMare
MLMare

Apartment to Condo (or Stairs to Lift)

Rent-a-Son
866-999-2766
82 St. Regis Cres. North
M3J 1Z3

Recently moved from an apartment (stairs) to a condo (lift/elevator).
I was so pleased with the move, I have already recommended Rent-a-Son to co-workers. The company sent David and Direye, who were excellent workers. They were on-time, courteous, polite, and very efficient.
Rent-a-Son's customer service representative was also pleasant to deal with. She was very helpful and polite each and every time I contacted her to provide and confirm information.
I never thought a move could be stress-free.

Thank you Marilena for your feedback. I am so glad we could help. ~ Christy

Rent-A-Son is terrific

So thoughtful and pleasant on the phone. Easy to deal with. Quote was all-encompassing and thorough. Careful and pleasant movers. They really helped us out. I will be using them again.

Move

I used Rent-A-Son movers when I downsized from a house to a 1 bedroom apartment .
From dealing with Amanda, my moving co-ordinator , to arrival of Julian and Jason, the move was seamless.
They arrived on time, were courteous and extremely professional.
The move took 5 hours from start to finish with everything packaged properly resulting in a damaged free move.
I don’t plan on moving again, but would not hesitate to recommend this Company to friends and family.
Well done, Amanda,Julian and Jason!

Addie in North York
Addie in North York

Condo Move

I used Rent-a-Son for my 1 bedroom condo move and was super impressed with these guys! Julian and Steven are clearly very experienced and experts at their job, they worked incredibly fast and could not have been more organized or professional. I will point out that when planning with my moving coordinator beforehand (Erika), she told me we would need 3 hours to move out and these guys easily did it in 1 hour. Which was amazing! Except that I had booked my move-in/move-out service elevators based on the time estimate provided. So we ended up with a lot of time to kill before we could have access to the elevator at the new address. Someone else unfortunately had it reserved for the time slot before us so there was nothing we could do except hang out and wait for our turn. Their incredible speed can save you money on your quote, but if you are in the same boat as us with having to book specific elevator times then I would just be wary of the way over inflated time estimates. Because we were locked into our elevator time slots it took 6 hours but they for sure could have completed the entire thing in 3.5 hours max. So it's just too bad that half of the time we paid for was essentially spent just sitting and waiting.

Overall I would recommend this company - no complaints about the moving crew. They were very polite and I could tell as soon as they got to work that we were in good hands and they would be taking great care of my belongings and getting the job done without issue. Thanks Julian & Steven!

Thank you Addie for your feedback. Enjoy your new home! ~ Erika

More about Rent A Son

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010, 2011 and 2014, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.