Rent A Son

Reviews for Rent A Son

Doug in Toronto from Etobicoke
Doug in Toronto from Etobicoke

Efficient and Friendly Move

We had an excellent move. As senior citizens we want things to be a stress free as possible and the guys did a great job of achieving that for us.
The whole process from the initial quote and follow up from Rob to the packing, loading, unloading and clean up was efficient and professional.
Tyler, Nick and Jerome completed our job in about 5 hours from start to finish and I would highly recommend you ask for them. Anything we asked they cheerfully completed and nothing was a problem for them.
WE are moving again in about a year and we definitely be hiring them again and asking for the same team that moved us.

Bob&Jackie in Vaughan
Bob&Jackie in Vaughan

Extremely happy with our internal move

Tyler and Jordan arrived 5 minutes early, got to work right away and didn't stop until the job was done. Both young men were extremely polite and professional, taking great care with our belongings and surroundings during the move.
Kudo's to Tyler for his ability to quickly assess the site on arrival and determine best placement of items for greatest accessibility in the limited storage space available. He clearly understood our needs.
Thanks for a stress-free afternoon move! We hope Tyler & Jordan are available to handle Part 2 of our move after renovations are completed.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Forgot about me and showed up understaffed and hours late

Worst move experience I've ever had.

Cons:

- An hour into my scheduled move, I called for an ETA and was informed they had no booking for me.

Let me assure you. It was them not me. To book the move, I had two phone conversations with the same coordinator and completed the request for quote he emailed me which consists of a manifest and other move related details. I was not expecting to hear back after this and never did. I assumed everything was set.

- The promised to send a team in 3 hours, but they arrived 5 hours later and a man short. I requested 2 movers, I expected 2 movers, yet only 1 showed up with a promise that the second was on their way to my downtown condo from North York - at rush hour on a Friday evening.

- The mover that did show up just sat there and proceeded not to do anything. His entire attitude was very much "I don't want to be here". Perhaps he saw I had people helping me and thought he needn't do anything. If so, that's the wrong attitude when you've been contracted to do a job.

- Thankfully, other people helped me load the truck while he sat there and did nothing.

- When the truck was loaded, his teammate arrived and we got underway to the destination.

- One guy was working diligently to unpack the truck, while the other took a box at a time. Thankfully, after I had a few words with him (and I suspect so did his partner), his pace picked up.

- My mattress and box spring were very ripped up despite being in mattress cover bags.

Pros:

To be fair, the senior guy who arrived an hour later than his 2 hour late colleague understood the poor situation and agreed that billing would start when the truck left.

Rent a Son mistakenly sent 3 people in all (the two of them arriving an over an hour later than their colleague with the truck), upon pointing out I only booked 2 people, they agreed I would not be billed for 3.

Worst move ever.

Victoria in Toronto
Victoria in Toronto

Awesome moving company!

5 stars! Rent-a-Son is the first moving company I’ve ever used and I am so thankful that I chose to do so. Junior & Deakwon were the two guys on the crew, and they were excellent - Punctual, diligent, & professional. They made moving super easy and stress-free for me! I will definitely be using this company again in the future.

Vanessa in North York
Vanessa in North York

Conference Shipping

Tyler and Fadi were great! Our shipment was delivered and we are happy with the service provided by the two. Both were very nice and professional. Will be reaching out for future events. Thanks!

Move from condo to house

My wife and I moved from a condo to a townhouse about 30 kms away from where we lived. On the day of the move, our two movers, Junior and Dan, showed up right on time. They were both extremely efficient and courteous.

At the time of loading, we had most of our boxes already packed, labeled, and organized, which made the move quicker. However, there were two big items - a sofa bed, and a bed that needed to be dismantled. Within 10 minutes, Junior and Dan were able to dismantle the big items so that they fit in the elevator.

At the time of unloading, our new place did not have a ramp to make the move easier. Despite that, Junior and Dan carried the furniture and boxes up the stairs and placed them wherever we needed them. The movers were fantastic, they wasted no time, and made the move stress-free.

Our only reason for giving a 4-star rating is because the lady who was coordinating the move completely disappeared two days before the move and did not respond to any of our questions. Despite this one glitch, we still recommend Rent-a-Son.

Tony from Willowdale
Tony from Willowdale

Move from home to condo

The two young gentlemen, George and Jamal, were extremely courteous and friendly. They worked continuously and were extremely careful with our furniture. They were fast, efficient and, if all employees of Rent A Son are like them, we would definitely recommend Rent-A-Son to anyone contemplating a move. Thank you for making our move as stress-less as possible.

Stacey in Mississauga
Stacey in Mississauga
0 reviews Brossard,

Downsizing

My parents are moving from Ontario to BC, and downsizing from a house to a condo. The furniture and stuff that they couldnt/wouldnt take on their move came to me in Brossard, Quebec. Junior and Deakwon were careful, efficient and professional. They had to contend with snow, a tiny elevator, and a small apartment with sharp corners, and they did so with ease. I could not be happier with my experience. The sales rep was Amanda, and although she coordinated more with my mother, she was organized and efficient when I spoke to her. I strongly recommend Rent a Son to anyone needing a moving company.

Francesca in Markham
Francesca in Markham

Moving made easy

We moved from a 4 bedroom home in Newmarket to a 4 bedroom in Whitby. In the past when we have moved we rented a truck and did it ourselves. This time we decided to try a moving company and we were so happy we did. My first contact was Erika (sales rep) who helped with the quote. We did a video chat so I could show her around my place and we could get an accurate quote. She was very helpful with all of my questions and concerns. On the day of the move our team was Junior, George, Johnathan and Daniel. These guys were hard workers, very quick, and having a good time all day. It was so nice to see everyone in good moods, keeps the day light rather than adding to the stress of moving. They took apart our beds to get them out and set them back up at our new house. It was totally worth it to hire a moving company and I highly recommend rent-a-son.

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto
3 reviews Thorold, ON

Moving appliances

Hired Rent-a-Son for an in house shuffle of old and new appliances through tight hallways and crazy staircases. They achieved what we thought might be impossible and were done within an hour. Very professional, great guys. Amanda was a pleasure to book with.

More about Rent A Son

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010, 2011 and 2014, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.