Rent A Son

Reviews for Rent A Son

julian.d.sanchez in Toronto
julian.d.sanchez in Toronto

Move from Mississauga to Toronto

I picked Rent-A-Son after reading the reviews of a number moving companies (although ironically not on HomeStars). The entire process was great from the video chat with Rob to get a quote to the day of when Cory, Brian, and Arlie were fantastic in packing up our apartment and storage unit in Mississauga and moving it to our new place in Toronto.

They actually ended up coming in under the expected time while working efficiently and good-naturedly and were very careful with all of our belongings. I recommend them to anyone moving to make things an absolute breeze.

Studio move

We hired Rent-a-Son to manage our Studio move. Mason and Andrew were the movers assigned to our job. They were great to work with. They arrived on time, and were conscientious and respectful of our space, our belongings, and us. They made the experience pleasant, and at no time did we feel stressed out. I would highly recommend Mason and Andrew, and I would definitely use Rent-a-Son again. This is the second time we have used this company, and both times were exceptional.

Faye in Markham
Faye in Markham

Highly recommend

We recently used Rent-A-Son for our move. Our sales rep was great at answering all of our questions and came to our place to evaluate exactly how much stuff we have in order to provide an accurate quote. On the day of the move, our moving team were very punctual and got right to work. The entire team worked extremely hard and efficienly. Within minutes of them working, we were so glad that we chose to pay for movers. Everyone communicated perfectly with us and Junior was a fantastic team lead. Everyone was respectful and professional. We were very impressed.
When we arrived to our home and the moving truck came over, the guys made sure our floor and staircase was covered and took the outmost care to ask where each item was to be brought.
After everything was said and done, we did notice a small damaged area to our custom dinning room table (thankfully it's in the additional leaf that you don't see often/gets covered with a table cloth, but still). Also our son's dresser and crib got banged up a bit. Nothing major at all though and not enough to upset us and report it. The positives most definitely outweigh the tiny negative. We just kind of figured something might get dinged therefore we weren't too surprised. The guys and the company most definitely still deserve a perfect review! Well done and thank you for working so hard on our move! We will definitely be recommending this moving company to others.

Good moving service but bad follow-up and ownership to damages

The movers did a great job but accidentally damage the leg of our coffee table. They took pictures and was apologetic, but assured us that they will submit the claim and someone would call. Well, that did not happen and when I finally called they were professional and said their coverage was $5/LB. I wish I read the contract more carefully.
In any event they were suppose to pay $310 for the damage table but sent a cheque after many weeks of emails and a final direct email. The cheque was for $250, where the table is not repairable and cost $650. Lesson learned!.

Smoothest move ever

The three person team at Rent A Son was phenomenal. They first moved my old items from my dusty basement into a disposal bin. Then they loaded the rest on the truck and delivered it to 2 separate properties. They were quick, professional, and effective. I never felt worried that my property or my belongings were in danger. They moved everything into my brand new condo without So much as a scratch on any wall or floor. This was the fourth time I’ve moved and this time with Rent a son was the smoothest ever.

Rick in Toronto
Rick in Toronto

Hard Working Team

The sales/quoting approach (Amanda) was relaxed and clear. The packing, loading and unloading crews (Junior, Fabio, Wayan, Mason, Egerton, Jordon and Alex) worked hard, showed up on time, were efficient and accommodating. A little hard on the walls but otherwise all good.

John Lomax in North York
John Lomax in North York

Moving from our home of 35 years

This was the first of three loadings of PODS. Direye and Wayne were very efficient in filling the POD. They were respectful with our furnishings and were polite and fun to work with

Nicholas in Toronto
Nicholas in Toronto

We love Rent A Son!

We love Rent a Son! This company always does an awesome job, the will even come to quote out the work and are very transparent with everything. They arranged our move to storage, and then will help us complete our full move out of town. The crew are very responsible and friendly and kind. We really appreciate this company and know we can trust them to show up, do the work and be as timely and transparent as possible! Can't recommend them enough!

Condo Move

This was my second time having Rent-a-son help me with my move. Direye and Michael did an awesome job of moving me from Oshawa to Toronto. They were punctual, careful and courteous. Even my neighbors asked who my movers are because they were so professional. Highly recommended.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Residential moves (2)

After many moves with the largest mover in Canada, I decided to support a small local business to conduct 2 separate house and office moves. The Rent a Son movers were unbelievable. Every one of them to a person was polite, not stressed, willing to help, and never made us feel "badly" about moving things around. They were efficient and very easy to work with on an already stressful day. The only negatives were the lack of care they took in packing their truck with my goods that were being stored temporarily, and the planned start time of the move wasn't respected. In the end, great value for the money.

More about Rent A Son

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010, 2011 and 2014, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.