Worst move experience I've ever had.
- An hour into my scheduled move, I called for an ETA and was informed they had no booking for me.
Let me assure you. It was them not me. To book the move, I had two phone conversations with the same coordinator and completed the request for quote he emailed me which consists of a manifest and other move related details. I was not expecting to hear back after this and never did. I assumed everything was set.
- The promised to send a team in 3 hours, but they arrived 5 hours later and a man short. I requested 2 movers, I expected 2 movers, yet only 1 showed up with a promise that the second was on their way to my downtown condo from North York - at rush hour on a Friday evening.
- The mover that did show up just sat there and proceeded not to do anything. His entire attitude was very much "I don't want to be here". Perhaps he saw I had people helping me and thought he needn't do anything. If so, that's the wrong attitude when you've been contracted to do a job.
- Thankfully, other people helped me load the truck while he sat there and did nothing.
- When the truck was loaded, his teammate arrived and we got underway to the destination.
- One guy was working diligently to unpack the truck, while the other took a box at a time. Thankfully, after I had a few words with him (and I suspect so did his partner), his pace picked up.
- My mattress and box spring were very ripped up despite being in mattress cover bags.
To be fair, the senior guy who arrived an hour later than his 2 hour late colleague understood the poor situation and agreed that billing would start when the truck left.
Rent a Son mistakenly sent 3 people in all (the two of them arriving an over an hour later than their colleague with the truck), upon pointing out I only booked 2 people, they agreed I would not be billed for 3.
Worst move ever.