Rent-a-Son

Moving & Storage

Reviews for Rent-a-Son

Mvoing

Wow! This company was great. From start to finish, they were professional, courteous and efficient. They were moving furniture into a new build and they were so careful and respectful of the new house. I was so impressed. Would definitely use them again

Sungy in North York
Sungy in North York

Moving Service & Junk Removal

I found the company on homestars, and Erika was very helpful with all my questions, I probably exchanged over 10 emails with questions and everything was addressed. On our move day we also wanted junk removal and rent-a-son also provided that service as well. They took the items to the warehouse, and moved our items to the house. The estimates were close to the actual price charged.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that we could help with your move and junk removal. Enjoy your new home! ~ Erika

MLMare
MLMare

Apartment to Condo (or Stairs to Lift)

Rent-a-Son
866-999-2766
82 St. Regis Cres. North
Toronto
M3J 1Z3

Recently moved from an apartment (stairs) to a condo (lift/elevator).
I was so pleased with the move, I have already recommended Rent-a-Son to co-workers. The company sent David and Direye, who were excellent workers. They were on-time, courteous, polite, and very efficient.
Rent-a-Son's customer service representative was also pleasant to deal with. She was very helpful and polite each and every time I contacted her to provide and confirm information.
I never thought a move could be stress-free.

Thank you Marilena for your feedback. I am so glad we could help. ~ Christy

Rent-A-Son is terrific

So thoughtful and pleasant on the phone. Easy to deal with. Quote was all-encompassing and thorough. Careful and pleasant movers. They really helped us out. I will be using them again.

Move

I used Rent-A-Son movers when I downsized from a house to a 1 bedroom apartment .
From dealing with Amanda, my moving co-ordinator , to arrival of Julian and Jason, the move was seamless.
They arrived on time, were courteous and extremely professional.
The move took 5 hours from start to finish with everything packaged properly resulting in a damaged free move.
I don’t plan on moving again, but would not hesitate to recommend this Company to friends and family.
Well done, Amanda,Julian and Jason!

Addie in North York
Addie in North York

Condo Move

I used Rent-a-Son for my 1 bedroom condo move and was super impressed with these guys! Julian and Steven are clearly very experienced and experts at their job, they worked incredibly fast and could not have been more organized or professional. I will point out that when planning with my moving coordinator beforehand (Erika), she told me we would need 3 hours to move out and these guys easily did it in 1 hour. Which was amazing! Except that I had booked my move-in/move-out service elevators based on the time estimate provided. So we ended up with a lot of time to kill before we could have access to the elevator at the new address. Someone else unfortunately had it reserved for the time slot before us so there was nothing we could do except hang out and wait for our turn. Their incredible speed can save you money on your quote, but if you are in the same boat as us with having to book specific elevator times then I would just be wary of the way over inflated time estimates. Because we were locked into our elevator time slots it took 6 hours but they for sure could have completed the entire thing in 3.5 hours max. So it's just too bad that half of the time we paid for was essentially spent just sitting and waiting.

Overall I would recommend this company - no complaints about the moving crew. They were very polite and I could tell as soon as they got to work that we were in good hands and they would be taking great care of my belongings and getting the job done without issue. Thanks Julian & Steven!

Thank you Addie for your feedback. Enjoy your new home! ~ Erika

Angela in Toronto
Angela in Toronto

Best movers ever

I had been "kicked out" of my condo because my landlord sold the unit and was scrambling to find a new place to rent.
I checked a bunch of different movers and read all the reviews that were available for all the places and in the end chose to go with Rent-A-Son

From the get go, Rob had been super helpful and approachable
responded very promptly with emails and any questions I had
he gave me a quote very quickly and assured me that the time used will be the time charged as I know some places go by the hour.

On the day of the move, I probably have never had such a stressless move before. THe movers came, 3 guys who are incredibly professional and helpful, they got everything moved down and out in no time! They even took extra care of my plant which I didn't know how to pack.

Everything made it to the new place in one piece, nothing was damaged or lost. they even took the time to ask where the boxes go and put them in the right places.

I cannot thank these guys enough for helping me with my stressful move and make it as easy as possible!

Thank you Angela for your feedback. So glad we could help. ~ Rob

Packing and storage

Great service.
Christy in the office ❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️
Mason & Jorey in my home ❇️❇️❇️❇️1/2

I'd do it again! From beginning to end, my partner and I were both satisfied with the care and responsibility to detail shown by these employees.

Thank you for your feedback! I am so glad that we were able to help you with this move and look forward to any future moves! ~ Christy

Denise in Mississauga
Denise in Mississauga

Great Packing Services from a very professional team

I had my first experience with Rent-A-Son packing services today and I was truly impressed. I had the pleasure of meeting a very professional 3 person team: Julian, Tyler, and Jahforri and I cannot say enough great things about them. They worked non-stop from the time of their 830am arrival and remained positive and polite throughout the day. Most importantly they handled my belongings with care. Moving is stressful and Rent-A-Son helped alleviate that stress significantly. Thank you!

Thank you Denise for your post! We look forward to providing you the same level of service on your move out of our storage warehouse. ~ Rob

clairemcarthur in North York
clairemcarthur in North York

amazing experience

I was moving from my apartment to a new apartment but it was very difficult because I wasn't able to tell rent a son where I was moving to until the very last minute because i had no secured a house.

they were SO helpful and very professional and reassuring during the entire process.

erika was fantastic in coordinating my move and making sure everything was aligned going into the move.

i was greeted by gurpinder, conrad and mason (who seemed like the team lead). they were very polite, thoughtful, careful and professional. I cannnot say enough great things about this crew.

everything was loaded very carefully and nothing broke.

then i had to store my items overnight because i wasn't receiving the keys to the new house until oct 1. the next day, conrad and mason returned and made sure i was completely happy before leaving after unloading everything.

i will definitely be using rent a son again for any and all moves.

Thank you Claire for your feedback! We are so glad that we could help you out during this stressful time and look forward to moving you again in the future. ~ Erika

More about Rent-a-Son

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010, 2011 and 2014, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.