Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

1295 Eglinton Avenue East, Unit 14 Mississauga ON L4W 3E6
Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

Reviews for Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

E G.
E G.
11 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Backyard Screen Door - Poor customer service!

Poor customer service. The owner was insulting, Obnoxious, and entirely egotistical. After
a very expensive bill (the product is way of over-priced), and severe inconvenience which resulted in a financial loss, the best compensation was $50.00. Shop around. You will do better elsewhere.

Hello EG,
We fully believe that our customers have a right to express their opinions. Many reviews add value to a potential customers’ research, while offering the business helpful constructive criticism to better service their customers.

Other reviews simply resort to name calling and add no value.

We provide our customers with a two hour window for our installer's arrival, as well as an appointment length which varies based on product and application. This is quite typical for at-home service providers. The vast majority of our customers take time away from work to be home for their installations, just as you did. None of them expect to be paid by us for missed work, much less do they extol the many thousands of dollars they lost from a mildly extended installation appointment.

We offered you a compensatory gesture of goodwill for an install which took slightly longer than expected. That is what was reasonable. Your installation issue didn’t warrant more compensation than that of a client with less lofty an income.

It’s unfortunate that some consumers believe a threat of social media blackmail will have businesses kowtowing to their unreasonable demands. We value each of our customers equally, and will not be held hostage by the threat of an unfair review.

Phantom Screens Ontario Customer Service

Tom in Toronto
Tom in Toronto

Watch out for warrenty or lack of waqrrenty

Installed in June 2016. The frame has come loose due to the inadequate screws used for install.
When I called for life lime warranty I was informed that the service call was $99.00. This was never disclosed when they gave me the sales pitch. Buyer beware, applies. Lost one customer. And referrals.

Hi Tom,
We apologize for any inconvenience. As we can see at the link http://www.phantomscreens.ca/warranty, the Limited Lifetime Warranty covers parts and components and includes a 24-month labor warranty to the original purchaser for the lifetime of the home. So, because your purchase was three years ago, a fee of $99 applies to cover the labor costs. Also, if you have any further question, our team will be happy to support you. So, please call us at 1-888-PHANTOM (742-6866). Thank you, and have a great day. Ontario Screen Systems Customer Service.

Sharon F in London, Ontario in London
Sharon F in London, Ontario in London
1 review London, ON

Excellent from top to bottom.

From my first inquiry with the team in the office to the installation, my experience was professional and well done. At the point of installaion Rick's client skills were lovely: he is diligent, non-disruptive, and it is evident he cares about what he is doing and that you are happy with it. The in-office team has been consistently great. Quick to respond and thorough. The six week wait was offset by the exceptional way we were treated. At this point, the product seems excellent. Keep doing what you are doing!

Thank you Sharon for your business and the review.

James from Milton
James from Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Excellent Product and Service

Everything about this company is professional. The product is solid and we're enjoying our screen door. It works well and disappears completely! It's easy to use and looks great. From start to finish the customer service experience with Phantom was excellent. They have very good communication. The initial consultation was quick and easy and only took a few minutes. Payment was easy using their iPad. Mike, the installer, was amazing, efficient, and personable. His detailed demonstration about how to use and maintain the door system was the highlight of my day and very welcomed. The only minor complaint I have about Phantom Screens is that when we booked and confirmed via phone our 3 hour install window during which the company would arrive to install the door, the time window came and went without anyone showing up. I called Phantom Screens and was told that my window was to start 1 hour later than I had previously been told it would end! When I referenced an email confirmation number for the original time window, the representative on the phone told me that, yes, that HAD been my original window but that she could see in the system that another representative had CHANGED the installation window the day after my confirmation email had been sent. I did not, however, ask for a change nor was I told about this change! At any rate, the person on the phone I was dealing with apologized, got the installer on the phone to get an updated ETA, gave me a 15 minute window in the next hour, and the installation went ahead smoothly. Overall, I highly recommend Phantom Screens. There might be a cheaper product out there, but you know you're getting good quality and excellent customer service with THIS company.

Thank you James!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Retractable screen for front door

The customer service and installers were impeccable. The timing from start to finish was exactly as stated in the quote. I am thrilled with the colour and workmanship of my door and look forward to many years of enjoying the fresh air and cross breezes in my home.

Thank you for your business and the review.

New Screens

Replaced oversized phantom screens that were over 20 years old and ready for a refresh. Mike was professional, courteous, friendly and provided useful instruction regarding ongoing care and maintenance. Excellent product and service.

Thank you for your business and the review.

Jane in Mississauga
Jane in Mississauga

Installation

Mike C was the installer. He did a great job, was very personable, and was very helpful when giving the demonstration of the final product. He is an asset to your company.

Thank you for your business and the review Jane.

J. Hancock in North York
J. Hancock in North York

Customer service needs some work

I contacted Phantom screen to fix a screen door that had come off of the tracks. Vanessa was very pleasant on the phone but required that I send pictures of my issue before she would send someone out to fix the problem. She advised me she would send me an email to which I was to respond to with pictures. I waited 7 hours for the email. I then sent a request through their contact form on the website. At that point I got an email that stated “As we discussed earlier on the phone, we require pictures of your screens to more accurately determine what is needed to service your screen.” Poor customer service. I found someone else who could fix it.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

extremely poor customer satisfaction

....from day one following the installation of our phantom screen door we have experienced nothing but frustration our screen is not tight on the bottom half of the door and continually jumps out of the bottom track...we are now asked to pay $99.00 for the service call if the technican decides if that's normal!!! *if that's normal pls. come and remove it thx geo

Poor Service

I reported a problem with my Phantom door on May 24. Was told of 2 week backlog; was told I would be called with a repair date. I followed up June 7. Scheduler was unavailable, but would call me.....I've heard nothing to date.

More about Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

Phantom Screens/ Ontario Screen Systems offers a beautiful alternative to traditional insect screens. Manufactured in Canada, these functional, attractive screens disappear when not in use and come in a variety of colours to match virtually any décor, all while blending in perfectly with door trim to maintaining the home’s architectural integrity.

These screens can be cover all window types including casement, awning, single & double-hung, sliding and tilt ‘n’turn windows.

They are also customized for double french doors, swing in swing out doors, sliding doors, and oversized doors.

Motorized retractable screens by Phantom provide insect protection, climate control and solar shading without blocking your views