Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
1295 Eglinton Avenue East, Unit 14 Mississauga ON L4W 3E6
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Mississauga  >  Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

Reviews for Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

Poor Service

I reported a problem with my Phantom door on May 24. Was told of 2 week backlog; was told I would be called with a repair date. I followed up June 7. Scheduler was unavailable, but would call me.....I've heard nothing to date.

Kevin in San Francisco
Kevin in San Francisco
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Screen door installation

Mike Campbell did my installation yesterday. He did a great job of course; but mostly I was impressed with how friendly, happy and informative he was. I have experienced dozens of service people....he stood out among them all!

Ginny in Mississauga
Ginny in Mississauga

Service Man

My screen needed repair, as my dog had run into it. Mike Campbell was very polite, efficient and prompt in repairing the screen.

He did a wonderful job and I would recommend his services highly.

Thank you so much for this review, Ginny. We really appreciate your feedback and have share your comments with Mike. Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems are committed to the quality and service we provide to all of our customers. We’ve been screening Ontario since 1994!

Patrick O'LEary in Mississauga
Patrick O'LEary in Mississauga

Installation and service for Phantom Screen

Mike C. came by to service our phantom screen. He was very professional and timely. He did an expceptional job explaning to us how to look after the screen and take good care of it.
The screen itself is fabulous. Let's me enjoy the breeze without bugs getting in or my pets escapting. Thanks Mike

Thank you, Patrick, for this review. We have passed your kind comments along to Mike. We are so grateful for our employees, who set the benchmark for customer service in the retractable screening industry. Did you know that all of our installation staff have passed a criminal background check?

Screen Doors on Juliet Balcony

Mike was great! The end product was even better than I thought it was going to be. The installation was quick and easy. Would highly recommend this product - and Mike for the install.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We have shared them with Mike. We couldn't do what we do without our fantastic employee team. They take great care of our customers.

phantom door screens

We had someone come and do an estimate and Mike came today to do the install. He was super honest and efficient. He informed me that we had accidentally ordered a double door screen, however we didn't actually require that. instead we only required a single door screen, which gave us a savings of $500.00. He could have just installed the double and not said anything, but he was honest. He was extremely knowledgable and efficient. He informed me that I could call anytime if I had any issues or concerns. He wanted to make sure I was happy. Truly a great experience and it was efficient. I started using the screens while he was here and I love them! I can't say enough good things about Mike and this company. I will definitely be recommending them.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to share your experience. We have passed your feedback along to Mike. We couldn't do what we do without our fantastic employee team. They always work so hard to take great care of our customers.

Wayne  in Kitchener
Wayne in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

The worst possible service you can imagine!! Service is non existent!!! Stay away! Buyer beware

Went to Home Depot and they recommended this company!
What a joke, service is non existent,
No follow up, in kept promises!!
Recommended by home Depot, another poor service rating as they never ever followed up! I had to keep calling them!!!

Hello Wayne, thank you for the discussion we had on the phone last week regarding this review.

There is a saying that “there is no such thing as too much business” but unfortunately that isn’t true. The demand for Phantom Screens in Ontario has been unprecedented this season. Further, with the severe rainfall Ontario experienced in 2017, many of our scheduled measurements and installations had to be delayed or re-scheduled for reasons well beyond our control. The lasting impact of severe rainfall and the plethora of inquiries had a ripple effect of putting much of our field team behind, even into August.

When re-scheduling happens or our response time is exceptionally long, even on beautiful, sunny days, it is hard for the customer to grasp the fact that rain played a part in these circumstances. But that was certainly the case. Every one of our hard-working team members has been performing at capacity, and we still can’t keep up to the demand for the best quality retractable screens in the province.

Further, it’s sad that Home Depot didn’t return calls or follow up with you, but – once again – that is something completely out of our control. Your review said “home Depot, another poor service rating as they never ever followed up! I had to keep calling them!!!” I trust that anyone reading this review can understand that we have no control over the performance of Home Depot, or over your decision to allow your frustration with them to influence your perception of our business.

We’re disappointed that you opted not to go ahead with the screen installation we extended to you when we called, even with the consideration we offered for the inconvenience you experienced. We certainly don’t profess to be perfect, but we try hard to make things right for anyone whose experience is less than perfect. Unfortunately, we will be able to do that.

However, it is our hope that those reading your review – and our response to it – can see past your frustration with Home Depot and rain delays and judge us fairly on our true performance. Thank you.

Mike C in Hamilton
Mike C in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Front Door Screen and Balcony Screen

Two years ago my wife mentioned that she wanted one of these retractable screens on the front door, so I thought I would get it done for her Birthday. When I called I was told that it would be ready near the end of June, but my wife's B-day is June 19th. After explaining this to the gentleman who would install it, Mike, he said he would "see what he could do." Not only did Mike get it installed in time, he made sure to install it on her birthday while we were at work and he even blew up balloons and attached them to it!!! What an amazing birthday present. (The balloons were completely him, I had not requested it, Mike just went above and beyond!)

Both my wife and I were very pleased with the screen, it was very easy to use and it really helped with the air flow through the house. So, we decided to get another one. We just had Mike come back and install a second screen on an upstairs balcony door. And, as was the case with the first one, everything was done perfectly, and we again love it.

Thanks Mike for the amazing work!

Thank you so much, Mike for this review. We have passed your kind comments along to Mike C. We are so grateful for our employees, who set the benchmark for customer service in the retractable screening industry. Did you know that all of our installation staff have passed a criminal background check?

Create concept but WATCH your step

I love the concept of the hidden screen door. It comes with a cost however and I don't mean financial. There is a risk that people will trip and fall as they go in or out your front door.

As you can see in the picture below, there is about a 1" rise in the door sill so your foot doesn't sit flat when exiting or entering the house. I've had people fall and hurt themselves. When I called Phantom Screens they said there was nothing they could do and wouldn't even come out for a visit. They wanted to charge me for an onsite visit. I wouldn't call that fair customer service. They also mentioned that they've never had a complaint before which I find hard to believe.

I am now reconsidering whether I keep it. Phantom screens, I'm disappointed you didn't even have the courtesy to visit. Future customers, be careful when ordering your screen, especially if you have children or seniors at your home.

Hello and thank you for your feedback.
I’m glad that Danny was able to track down your information and discuss the installation at your home. Happily, you and Danny came to a collective decision to change the profile of the sill adaptor that was used to support your bottom track. We trust that the new, longer sill has waylaid any concerns you had over your original installation.
We’ve reached out to you and asked that you reflect the changes we’ve made in your review. We understand that you are now completely satisfied regarding the way Danny handled your new sill selection, and the way the screen looks and functions. While we don’t see any review changes reflected here as yet, we trust that you will be making them soon. We really appreciate that.
We certainly don’t profess to be perfect, but we try hard to make things right for anyone whose experience is less than perfect. Customer Service is our number one priority at Ontario Screen Systems Inc. We take pride in having served Ontario since 1994, in having professionally installed more than 100,000 retractable screens in the province, and in treating each customer experience with excellence. As you can see from the very long history of 10/10 reviews on this site, our customers experience this excellence in Customer Service the majority of the time.
If there is anything further that we can do to make you completely satisfied, please contact Danny or anyone at 1-888-PHANTOM. Thank you.

Nadia in Guelph
Nadia in Guelph

screen door

Mike who came to install my screen door was nothing but professional and knowledgeable about the product, explained in detail the maintenance and function of the door. I would recommend Phantom Screens to all my friends.. Great Product and Service.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments, Nadia. We really appreciate it. Phantom Screens come in a variety of colours to match virtually and décor scheme. They're truly invisible when not in use.

More about Phantom Screens / Ontario Screen Systems Inc.

Phantom Screens/ Ontario Screen Systems offers a beautiful alternative to traditional insect screens. Manufactured in Canada, these functional, attractive screens disappear when not in use and come in a variety of colours to match virtually any décor, all while blending in perfectly with door trim to maintaining the home’s architectural integrity.

These screens can be cover all window types including casement, awning, single & double-hung, sliding and tilt ‘n’turn windows.

They are also customized for double french doors, swing in swing out doors, sliding doors, and oversized doors.

Motorized retractable screens by Phantom provide insect protection, climate control and solar shading without blocking your views