Molly Maid Brampton

Reviews for Molly Maid Brampton

Grace
Grace

Cleaning of my Basement Apartment after my tenant moved out

I phoned Molly Maid from the Toronto West area to get a quote on cleaning my basement apartment. The supervisor, who never told me her name, came to inspect the apartment and promised she would give me a quote; and date and time of the cleaning appointment in an email she would send me. The email arrived but the quote was conspicuously missing from it. I had written her verbal quote on a sheet of paper.

Two ladies came on the specified day and cleaned the apartment. I checked their work and noticed the area behind the fridge was very dusty. I said to them, "Do you mind vacuuming the back of the fridge please?"

She said, "We're not allowed to move furniture."

"I know," I said. "I'll pull it out and I'll put it back."

By the time I returned downstairs, I noticed the ladies had vacuumed behind the fridge and moved the fridge back into place even though I had specifically told them I would do it.

When I received my invoice, I noticed that the cleaning fees were higher than the quote the supervisor had verbally given me.

I called the supervisor repeatedly to understand the discrepancy in the fees. First, I was told the supervisor had a death in the family. Later the supervisor herself wrote to say she had broken both her legs.

I didn't hear from her at all until she wrote to say she had available spaces to clean my home. She simply wanted my business. Her two broken legs had healed miraculously.

This woman wasn't honest with me. I won't hire Molly Maid again or refer them to any of my friends. Besides, their fees are simply exorbitant!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Home Cleaning as sold and moving

I am not surprised now by the other poor reviews. I arranged for Molly Maid to clean my home as a few days before closing and 99% vacant of contents in the house. The team called me half an hour before my apt and said they were waiting for me as they had finished their prior home early - no wonder as I come to realize. I arrived 15 minutes before my appointment. Cleaners in my home for precisely one hour. Wanted a full cleaning and prepared to pay for a couple hours of great work. Cleaners rough, vocal, no attention to detail, just wanted to get it done quickly and result very poor!!!!!! Need more than 30 words for this!!! Charged for 1.5 hours. Why?
Called to voice concern? no adjustment. Emailed - no resp. Called Head office now waiting for follow up. Companies such as this are only as good as their teams. Consumer beware as results from local office extremely disappointing. I wanted to provide a great cleaning to my home as I moved when I passed it onto the new owners. Instead had to re-clean areas of the home etc. What makes it so much worse is being overcharged 50% more on top of the substandard cleaning. Beware or avoid.

Carly in Brampton
Carly in Brampton

Great cleaning. Great cleaners.

I always get the same two cleaners and they are great. Very personable and I don't have to check up on them. Everything is cleaned properly. The only thing I would like is for them to email me an invoice.

samantha in Toronto
samantha in Toronto

Very good and convinient

I need last minute clean molly maid
Send me and two
Nice ladies by manager sharmeen I end up hiring company on regular basis and now I don’t have to worry about cleaning house Molly maid take care of it

Frustrated in Brampton
Frustrated in Brampton

The Worst Cleaning EVER

Avoid Molly Maid Brampton. One of the worst cleaning services I have ever called. I had to watch over them to get them to do things, even then they still didn't do everything that I asked for. They didn't clean the windows, inside the cupboards, vacuum or mop properly, floors are still sticky. I might have as well cleaned the place myself. I would have done a way better job. The girls just kept complaining about the condition. The biggest waste of money.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Just terrible. Late. Unprofessional.Left early. Crappy job. No receipt. The little extras? Cleaning my toilet, then wiping the sink. Sweeping around the mats. 2 rooms untouched. Main floor mopped then swept. The list goes on. Just a terrible experience.

I've given this company plenty of chances. Let's see-They've cleaned the toilet first THEN wiped the sink, mopped the dirty floor THEN swept, came late, left early, missed 2 (of 4 )bedrooms, missed dusting the whole main floor, missed the kitchen another time, ….the list goes on. Never again!

Rohini Herbert from Brampton
Rohini Herbert from Brampton

One-time house cleaning

We needed our house cleaned for staging for sale. The work by the ladies from Molly Maid was substandard, hurriedly performed, and incomplete. They did not have the right and effective products and equipment to perform the job, and left out a lot of things because they were not supervised. The $250 was a complete waste.

Garry from Brampton
Garry from Brampton

Move Out House Cleaning

We moved out of our rental house in June 2013 and hired Molly Maid to come in and clean before out landlady came to inspect.
I hired Molly Maid before I found out about Homestars and principally because they are a well known name.
The experience was absolutely horrible.
The two ladies showed up late and then went to work. I went out but my wife stayed behind and she said that one of the ladies did nothing but moan the whole time.
I was very specific before booking that I wanted the entire house cleaned and looking spotless. We left the place fairly clean for them, we had already moved all our belongings out of the house so it was empty and the flooring was all tile or laminate.
They finished at 3:20 and after arriving at 1:10 meant they were in the house for 2 hours and 10 minutes.
After they left we soon had doubts about the quality of the job. Clear stains were missed, some appliances were not properly cleaned.
Our worst fears were confirmed when the landlady came around the next day for the post move out inspection.
She was absolutely disgusted at the quality of the clean, and pointed out several areas that were not satisfactory to her.
However, she did afford us the opportunity to fix everything ourselves, so we did so and this met with her approval the next day. We may as well have done the entire job ourselves.
I then got a shock when I checked my VISA statement.
I had been billed for $180 for 2 hours work, and then a day later they put through another charge for $90.
I asked them why and the owner tells me that the ladies were there for 3 hours, so its an extra hour charge!
I informed him that I had no problem billing me for the 2 hours and 10 minutes (even though they did an atrocious job) but there was no way he was going to bill me for 3 full hours.
After some back and forth he agreed to refund me the $90, this was on the 5th July. By the 12th July no refund had been put on my card, so at that time I contacted Molly Maid HQ. I never did receive a reply! Shows how much they care!
I then disputed the charge with VISA and that seemed to get his attention as on the 14th July he did finally put the refund on.
By the 16th I had recieved the refund and ended the dispute with VISA.
So in summary, dreadful service, dreadful customer service and deceptive billing.
I would strongly suggest giving Molly Maid Brampton a miss and look elsewhere.

Joseph from Brampton
Joseph from Brampton

House Cleaning

I used Molly Maid Brampton. I was very happy with service. Ladies were very professional and polite. I asked them couple of things which wasn't not part of Molly Maid cleaning but ladies did those things for me. I am very happy with service and will call them back on regular basis. They have all greed supplies which suits best for my house since I have small kids and pets. My house was disaster but ladies took pride in there work and completely change the look of my house. Thank you Molly Maid

Jordan from Brampton
Jordan from Brampton

Deep Move Cleaning

Horrible. Avoid like the plague.

Had requested a last minute deep cleaning for a resale home I was moving into.

(1) They did not have proper cleaning supplies - Apparently a duster is not in their arsenal.. really we asked. Molly didn't have a duster.
(2) Completely missed areas of the home - requested a deep cleaning but it was barely surface clean. The empty kitchen cupboards were completely untouched and were full of dust and crumbs. As were many areas of the home.
(3) Untrained Staff - We essentially had to stand over one individual and ask that she redo completed sections.
(4) Had to be called back to complete the job - Super inconvenient. We did not initially review the home as the floors had just been mopped. Big Mistake.
(5) Double Charged - Received a nice charge on my credit card used for booking after paying with cash and providing a substantial tip (prior to reviewing the work of course)

I am not one to usually complain but the service was just bad. To the maids credit, they did return the same evening when requested and attempted to complete the job. But for the reasons noted above, highly recommend you explore alternative options in the area.