Mister Wood

Furniture Refinish & Repair
195 Ellington Dr Toronto ON M1R 3Y2

Reviews for Mister Wood

Maria  in Toronto

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. They did an amazing job in colour matching my stairs to the floor. They were so professional and answered all the questions I had. Jeremy and Ean did a great job in making sure that all areas where covered and protected so that no stain would go on my walls or unwanted areas. My Stairs turned out amazing and I am very happy with the quality and service I received. Thank you so much.

TimB in Toronto

Mr Wood took on the unpleasant task of removing 100 years of old paint from the beautiful oak trim in my house, and they did it in a timely and professional manor. About a year later, I called them back to strip the staircase. Again, done perfectly and at a price that is very reasonable. They also imparted me with their years of experience and suggested the best stain and varnish for me to finish the project. I will certainly call them again in the future.

M & D McBean in Toronto

About 30 years ago we moved into a home that was 100+ years old. Much of the woodwork in the front hall had multiple coats of paint including porch paint grey. After a couple of years, we contacted Mister Wood who did a fantastic job of removing the paint and refinishing the wood. We also had them refinish the very detailed wood on the front door and the staircase and railings. They did a fantastic job.

Recently we looked at the woodwork in our dining room and the various doors in the house. Again, all had multiple coats of paint that needed to be removed. We were thrilled that Mister Wood was still in business. They are a fabulous company to work with. They came when they said they would and did a beautiful job of stripping and refinishing the old woodwork and another detailed door. It was a challenging job in the dining room as several different types of wood had been used. They did a great job of trying to minimize the appearance of different woods through the use of stain. They also finished a couple of new french doors and stripping & staining the tongue and groove cedar wainscotting on the front porch.

They cleaned up after themselves as they went along and at the end of each day. This makes it much easier to live with renovations. We recommend them highly and would love to work with them again.

We had never done any renoes before, so when we found ourselves faced with involuntary renovations due to a flood, we had no idea where to turn for on-site staining. But when I found a local family business that had been operating for more than 20 years, I knew I had found a winner. You just can't stay in business for that long in such a competitive environment unless you are very good at what you do.

We had some less-than-common requests for Mr. Wood: staining a new sliding door that was already installed and protecting an intricate Indonesian wood carving that I treasured. Darlene and Jeremy were great at explaining the steps of the work they were going to do and offering ideas for how best to protect the statue. Jeremy took the time to research how long I had had the carving, whether it had been exposed to any smoke, etc, to determine what the best approach would be. They also helped us understand why the wood on our front door was showing cracks and what we could do to protect it.

When you're having work done that is not easy to undo, or when people are working on items that could never be replaced, finding people you can trust is critical. Mr. Wood did a great job with all three projects and I really appreciated how responsive Darlene and Jeremy were. After finishing the custom stain on the sliding door they even left us a small jar for touch ups just in case we needed it in the future. I wholeheartedly recommend their work, and will be calling them in the future if we need any more staining done.

Great job, good price. Nice guys. Will have them back for the
second stage of the Reno. Best not to be on site
during the work as the chemicals give off a smell.

Karen in Toronto

Jeremy did a super job with the staircase and doors. We have an older home. He was able to match a new section of staircase with the older one. We volunteerly left the house while the work was being done. I was a bit nervous to leave the house for a couple days but Jeremy proved to be trustworthy. We love the dark colour and lovely finish. Thank you for saving the carpet on the stairs!

Valerie in Alliston
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Both my husband and I are thrilled with the great job Jeremy and his team did on our staircase!!!
Since day one they were great and very professional in dealing with, answered all our questions and put us at ease.
They completed our staircase in 3 days and did an amazing job...feel free to look at my pics...would recommend them in a heartbeat!!! Thank you guys sooo much
Valerie and Milton

Ashley in Toronto
1 review , ON

I just want to say ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! Soooooo Happy with the staining Darlene and Jeremy did!! And I don't know how they do it but sooooo fast! 2 days total to do our stairs. No stress what so ever! Super easy to deal with and super nice! LOVE IT!!
I absolutely, without a doubt recommend these guys! And I will be!
They did an amazing job!! THANK YOU AGAIN JEREMY AND DARLENE!! You rock!!

More about Mister Wood

Wood finishing, wood re-finishing, wood refinishing, stripping, staircase stripping, trim finish, trim re-finish, trim refinish mantles, front doors, chemical wood stripping, lacquer finishing, doors, windows, paneling, color matching, wall units, libraries, interior wood finishing, interior wood re-finishing, interior wood refinishing Wood Stripping, Staircase Refinishing

Mr Wood, Mr. Wood, Mister Wood, restorers

Interior Wood Restoration and Finishing Since 1972. New and Old Wood Work, Laquer Finishes, Front Doors, Staircases, Libraries and Paneling, Mantles and Windows