Liv Communities

Ian M from Hamilton
Ian M from Hamilton
5 reviews Hamilton, ON

New home - Penny Lane

Great sales, delayed and awful delivery. 3 years +40k in refunds from Tarion. Read reviews and BEWARE. Nothing but garbage quality and headaches from this company.

They reneged on a written contract with me to perform repairs to my ceilings because I engaged tarion a month after the agreement expired. Things went way downhill from there.

I spent 150k+ on upgrades and received a house with no counters, ruined hardwood, unfinished drywall... BUYER BEWARE. There is a reason they have so many chargeable conciliations. Not a reputable builder.

1 review Hamilton, ON

inferior designer. substandard workman ship. poor customer relation/service.

land grade improper. basement flooding after 6 months of occupancy. Roof installation poor..when its windy can actually here the roof board moving. kitchen cabinetry very, very, very poor. door frame uneven. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY TO INVEST- THIS COMPANY IS GARBAGE!!

oldNAME: Landmart Homes (hAMILTON/aNCASTER)
nEW nAME: LIV (NOW IN BRAMPTON/MISSISSAUGA)

After purchase service

I have been trying to get the defects in my home corrected for over 1 year now. They setup appointments and cancel at the last minute. They say they can't come in on the weekend so I've had to take time off of work to wait for their handyman/tradesman to come but no-one showed up. I've been given the run around. Best thing to do in getting after-purchase things done if you do buy from them is to go through Tarion and tell them if the work isn't done the day after their promise, this way Tarion will atleast get you the money owed due to these defects and so you don't stay out of pocket.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Terrible customer service

I have been trying to contact Liv Communities on a house i purchased under assignment and from my personal experience i will never buy a home from them again. Firstly I have been trying to get a date for my closing for the past month and no one seems to know when they closing date is suppose to be, the come was suppose to be done by mid-august but Liv communities has pushed it back and thy will give me any detailed on my home. your better off buying a home in another part of Hamilton. Liv communities is the worst people i have ever had to deal with.

M susanne in Stoney Creek
M susanne in Stoney Creek

Poor service

The service liv community (landmart) provides after closing day is horrific. Once you have paid for your home they stop caring. 16 months after closing date I am still without some doors in my home. I have been trying to schedule an appointment to have the garage painted for 10 months now. The painters would show up to paint my kitchen ceiling instead of the garage and not have the proper paint. The company would reschedule and then no show on the date. This week we had an appointment for a whole day of service but the tech showed up late, spent 1 1/2 hours looking for cement to do a job. And then left for the day at 2pm because he didn't come prepared to do most of the work that needed to be done. And again they couldn't seem to paint the garage door either. If you buy a home with liv communities be prepared to book dozens of days off work because of the countless times they no show or come unprepared todo the work and need to keep coming back. I am convinced landmart changed their name because they have made such a bad name for themselves

1 review Grimsby, ON

So disappointed and feeling undervalued

I cannot believe that Landmart (aka Liv Communities) are still in business or that people are buying homes from them and not reading reviews (I wonder, did they change the name for a reason??? They are still bad) We still have a hole in the outside of our home where they did a 'repair' in the fall of 2015!!!! As well as numerous holes in our garage roof (again, where they did a 'repair'). The taping is coming off of our master bath/bedroom ceiling (again!!!!) Repairs, when even done, are sloppy and poorly completed. And, there is no followup. Our 'contact' had over a year to fix the outside, yet she chose to leave it to the spring of 2016!! Disappointed beyond belief!

Disappointed

I echo the words of those who have expressed frustration. I don't feel valued as a customer. I was sold with the TLC program. I have not experienced the benefits promoted through the program. For those who have had no issues, you are among the lucky ones. I have bought new homes previously and completely understand that we can't expect everything to be dealt with ASAP. However, false promises and not showing up are unacceptable. This has been my worst experience so far. Don't believe me? Take a look at the responses to other feedback. If you notice, you only see a company response to those who have positive comments. I am a customer who has legitimate concerns - seeing this does not give me any confidence that I will be taken seriously.

Victor S. in Escarpment Estates Grimsby
Victor S. in Escarpment Estates Grimsby

Very after closing Support and Extremely Poor Customer Care

Landmart Homes aka Liv Communities:

Please Review this Builder before buying a home... If you to purchase a home from Liv Communities, ensure everything is documented and never take their word as confirmation - they speak with many faces.

We purchased a 'custom-design' home from Landmart and have serious concerns regarding their overall finish and their customer service department's ability to address my concerns. On-going Lip Service.

They do build good homes, however the finish and workmanship can be poor depending on the trades. They are a better custom home builder rather and building sub-divisions.

I closed my home on April 28, 2015 but moved in end of July 2015. There were 51 issues identified on my PDI that Sebastian agreed to address asap. After 1 months with multiple visits and agreed dates, nothing were addressed. I submitted my Tarion 30 day list and subsequent walk throughs with Eddy and Sebastian again I was told, the issues will be address asap. With ongoing lip service - none of the 51 items were addressed. We moved in at the end of July and then, I have spent 13 days for Landmart inspections of the same list of items from Sebastian (5), Eddy (5) and Brian (3). I have had a total of 19 days of appointments where 50% of them time, the trades showed up extremely late or did not show up at all... Today is December 1st, 2015 and many items on my original list remains outstanding.

Liv Community Customer Care department seems like they have a revolving door. Some of the staff is dishonest and lack the ability and afraid to communicate openly - they will provide you with a tentative date but, will not provide you with timelines and a list items they will be addressing. They will say 'yes' to everything, but will not deliver unless you escalate to Tarion or the Owner of Landmart.

Brian the manager will meet with you and make promises and will follow-up with emails with dates and times - they will never come. This happened 3 times with me.

Carole, seems clueless and tries to bully her way. She will never respond to your email or concerns.

SOME OF THE AREAs OF ISSUES: Sub-flooring through out, Paint throughout, Hardwood Flooring, Carpet, Tiles, Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen Cabinets, Cabinets in each of the 4 washrooms, Fireplace hanging out, Stairs, Laundry Room. Some of the upgrades we purchased were substituted for standard items.

Imagine I have 107 pictures of some of the issues.

I will provide updates on progress...

Do your homework before you purchase.

neeko from Ancaster
neeko from Ancaster
1 review Meadowlands, MB

new build

All I will say to ANYONE thinking of buying a home built by Landmart or should I say LIV (name changed)......do your homework...go and knock on peoples doors and ask anyone- who is completely happy.
The city of Hamilton is really the ones to blame as they are passing all their inspections when there are serious and dangerous problems.

More about Liv Communities

We are a family-owned business based in Ancaster, Ontario. For more than twenty five years, we have built and maintained a reputation for designing and building exclusive high-quality new homes in some of the most prestigious and desirable areas of southern Ontario. Today, our tradition of high-quality craftsmanship continues.