Formerly Landmart Homes
911 Golf Links Road Ancaster ON L9K 1H9
Builders

Reviews for Liv Communities

Liv Community Review by Joy and Deborah Arthur

Liv Community is an amazing builder from the founder to the employees. I have to date purchased 2 homes with them and my family and I are incredibly happy with both the built and customer service coming from Rick, Helen, Matt, Eric, Serge to name but a few. If you want peace of mind on your purchase then you have no option but to purchase from a good reputable brand. Their community is luxury to say but the lleast and is full of beauty. Liv Comm is a socially responsible builder and does what is beneficial to the community and its customers. It does what other builders do not do because it goes the extra mile to protect its customers. 100% recommendation!! Joy & Deborah Arthur & kids. Brampton Location.

Reviewer in Etobicoke
Reviewer in Etobicoke

Very Very Poor tratement at Decor Center

Very Very poor treatment at Décor Center. LIV is the WORST builder ever. We have always bought homes from builders only (never resale), so we have lots of experience with other builders. But LIV is the WORST builder in Brampton. Their Décor Center staff treat you like trash and threaten you to choose and pay for upgrades. NOTHING IS STANDARD WITH THIS BUILDER. You have to buy many many upgrades. No good standard tiles, floor, cabinets etc etc.
Every other builder is giving 10 ft ceilings on main floor and 9 Ft ceilings on 2nd floor as well as basement. But to rob you of your hard earned money, LIV is only giving you 8 Ft on 2nd floor and basement. They charge to delete stuff. So if you don't want anything that comes with the house, you have to PAY to delete it. WORST EVER BUILDER.
Stay away from them.
Their Total LIV Care (TLC) program is a joke. They threathen to choose upgrades and other stuff on your behalf if you disagree and don't want to choose it and pay for it.
I complained even to the director in their office but to no use. They are all thugs. They all have same excuses to rob you off your hard earned money.
We checked the prices outside. Their prices are at least 4 to 5 times higher than what a certified experienced trade person will normally charge outside. BUT you have to pay LIV all these rubbish charges to get your home built. For example, they are charging $166 just to drill the home in your countertop for soap dispenser. If you want to do it afterwards, they threaten you that the warranty will be void for the kitchen. Haha, what a joke.
They are charging $250 each for a potlight. You can easily have it done from certified electrician for $75 to $80 outside. Beware of this builder.
PLEASE STAY AWAY from this builder.

Ian M from Hamilton
Ian M from Hamilton
5 reviews Hamilton, ON

New home - Penny Lane

Great sales, delayed and awful delivery. 3 years +40k in refunds from Tarion. Read reviews and BEWARE. Nothing but garbage quality and headaches from this company.

They reneged on a written contract with me to perform repairs to my ceilings because I engaged tarion a month after the agreement expired. Things went way downhill from there.

I spent 150k+ on upgrades and received a house with no counters, ruined hardwood, unfinished drywall... BUYER BEWARE. There is a reason they have so many chargeable conciliations. Not a reputable builder.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

inferior designer. substandard workman ship. poor customer relation/service.

905-304-6459
911 Golf Links Road
Ancaster
L9K 1H9

land grade improper. basement flooding after 6 months of occupancy. Roof installation poor..when its windy can actually here the roof board moving. kitchen cabinetry very, very, very poor. door frame uneven. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY TO INVEST- THIS COMPANY IS GARBAGE!!

oldNAME: Landmart Homes (hAMILTON/aNCASTER)
nEW nAME: LIV (NOW IN BRAMPTON/MISSISSAUGA)

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

After purchase service

I have been trying to get the defects in my home corrected for over 1 year now. They setup appointments and cancel at the last minute. They say they can't come in on the weekend so I've had to take time off of work to wait for their handyman/tradesman to come but no-one showed up. I've been given the run around. Best thing to do in getting after-purchase things done if you do buy from them is to go through Tarion and tell them if the work isn't done the day after their promise, this way Tarion will atleast get you the money owed due to these defects and so you don't stay out of pocket.

Terrible customer service

I have been trying to contact Liv Communities on a house i purchased under assignment and from my personal experience i will never buy a home from them again. Firstly I have been trying to get a date for my closing for the past month and no one seems to know when they closing date is suppose to be, the come was suppose to be done by mid-august but Liv communities has pushed it back and thy will give me any detailed on my home. your better off buying a home in another part of Hamilton. Liv communities is the worst people i have ever had to deal with.

M susanne in Stoney Creek
M susanne in Stoney Creek
1 review Grimsby, ON

Poor service

The service liv community (landmart) provides after closing day is horrific. Once you have paid for your home they stop caring. 16 months after closing date I am still without some doors in my home. I have been trying to schedule an appointment to have the garage painted for 10 months now. The painters would show up to paint my kitchen ceiling instead of the garage and not have the proper paint. The company would reschedule and then no show on the date. This week we had an appointment for a whole day of service but the tech showed up late, spent 1 1/2 hours looking for cement to do a job. And then left for the day at 2pm because he didn't come prepared to do most of the work that needed to be done. And again they couldn't seem to paint the garage door either. If you buy a home with liv communities be prepared to book dozens of days off work because of the countless times they no show or come unprepared todo the work and need to keep coming back. I am convinced landmart changed their name because they have made such a bad name for themselves

Private User reviews Grimsby, ON

So disappointed and feeling undervalued

I cannot believe that Landmart (aka Liv Communities) are still in business or that people are buying homes from them and not reading reviews (I wonder, did they change the name for a reason??? They are still bad) We still have a hole in the outside of our home where they did a 'repair' in the fall of 2015!!!! As well as numerous holes in our garage roof (again, where they did a 'repair'). The taping is coming off of our master bath/bedroom ceiling (again!!!!) Repairs, when even done, are sloppy and poorly completed. And, there is no followup. Our 'contact' had over a year to fix the outside, yet she chose to leave it to the spring of 2016!! Disappointed beyond belief!

Private User reviews Grimsby, ON

Disappointed

905-304-6459
911 Golf Links Road
Ancaster
L9K 1H9

I echo the words of those who have expressed frustration. I don't feel valued as a customer. I was sold with the TLC program. I have not experienced the benefits promoted through the program. For those who have had no issues, you are among the lucky ones. I have bought new homes previously and completely understand that we can't expect everything to be dealt with ASAP. However, false promises and not showing up are unacceptable. This has been my worst experience so far. Don't believe me? Take a look at the responses to other feedback. If you notice, you only see a company response to those who have positive comments. I am a customer who has legitimate concerns - seeing this does not give me any confidence that I will be taken seriously.

More about Liv Communities

We are a family-owned business based in Ancaster, Ontario. For more than twenty five years, we have built and maintained a reputation for designing and building exclusive high-quality new homes in some of the most prestigious and desirable areas of southern Ontario. Today, our tradition of high-quality craftsmanship continues.
Looking for Builders pros in Ancaster?