HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Toronto  >  Hometurf Lawn Care Service
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Hometurf Lawn Care Service

Craig in Whitby
11 reviews Whitby, ON

I responded to a mailed advertisement for lawn care at my home. I am by no means a green thumb, and though it would be a good idea to see how well my lawn would preform under professional care. The front lawn was pretty rough and the back yard was newly sodded a couple of years ago and weeds had started to grow much to my dismay. In this strangest of summers is was a very damp raining quite frequently so the over-seeding, aerating, and weed treatment that had never been done likely provided the maximum value for the service. The front lawn has never looked better but would need to see how a second year will result in additional improvement. I will likely revise or write a second rating at the end of the second year.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Craig! We're glad to hear that your lawn has never looked because of our services. We appericate your business and we look forward to working with you again next year and improving your lawn further!

David L. from Pickering
6 reviews Pickering, ON

Unfortunately I paid for lawn care service with this company and they fail in most categories.

Product - the weed control product they use is OK at best, but has not removed the crabgrass and clover in my front and backyards. Did not notice much improvement (or a "greener" grass) with the fertilizer they use.

Service - I found they were always a few weeks late in coming from the get go, not arriving until May for first fertilizer and weeding. They also refused to enter my backyard once due to a few "poop" left from my dog. Give me a break!

Bad service overall

Service - very poor.
1) Fertilizer application had burned two sections of grass that I had to repair with sod/grass seed at my own cost. They overapplied or otherwise were careless with the applications on more than one occasion.
2) They refused to service my back grass on one occasion due to their being a few droppings of my dog's poop on the gravel run at the side of my house. I received a nice note telling me to "clean up poop". This was mildly offensive as I would have assumed they could have easily walked around it and otherwise consider minor things like this as part of assigned duties while working in residential lawn care. They did come back the next week, but this is very poor service in my opinion.
3) Late or non-service - they seem to be chronically "behind" the schedule for applications. I just called to find out that my fall fertilizer, overseeding and aeration will be done in "a couple of weeks". Today is Oct 14 and fall started over 3 weeks ago. Overseeding the lawn should be done in September, certainly not the end of October as any germination will now not likely survive the winter. Also, company advertises "season-long weed control" - last time their were here was August 8 (Oct 14 today), so they have not visited for over 2 months. Sure, I could have called to remind them but I'm busy and should not have to, so was good thing I do my own weed control (and overseeded myself)... So what am I paying for?

Will not use this company next year.

Job Price