Greenpark Homes

Builders
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Builders in Toronto  >  Greenpark Homes

Reviews for Greenpark Homes

Worst interior quality I have ever since in any downtown Toronto condo

I m horrified by the nightmare quality and pure lack of workmanship from this builder. Paint job was done so poorly throughout the wall, baseboard and doors, some were barely painted with exposed nails and bare primer everywhere. Muiltiple foot- long saw mark on the bathtub that looks like it is salvaged from the garbage room. Simple things like the drain was not aligned with the sink. Crooked doors, cabinet everywhere. The list goes on and go on. This is the worst of brand new condos that I have seen in my life.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Quality of Product

This was my second newly built Greenpark home, my first was purchased in 1996 and I had no complaints, so I was excited to purchase from them again.
This time around however I found numerous concerns with quality.
Garage door opener purchased from their decor centre was not installed well and was too small for the door and broke the door, I paid $2500 to replace. The furnace fan broke after 1yr and a half and then the motor broke a year after that. I ended up having to buy a new furnace.
One of the rooms in the house (not the one over the garage) gets no heat or air, the vent is blocked somewhere behind the walls.
Cabinetry is poorly installed and drop out of place, or come loose, only 1 screw installed where 2 were required. Shower stall caulking dried out and crumbled 2 years after build. Linen closet door never closed. Door handles come loose, towel racks fell off the wall.
cement on rear patio, veranda, around garage flakes and crumbles. I paid to have it resealed twice. The asphalt shingles are 10 yr wear, not 30, 24 or even 18yrs. There are 2 spots of glue on each tile and there appears to be nothing underneath-it appears to be stuck to the plywood. I spent $1500 to rebuild the land under the front steps because a big sinkhole formed. My house is 12yrs old and with all the repairs I feel as if I bought the house twice. As for Tarion-they were not interested in providing any solutions, they have more red tape and dodged all responsibility and involvement. I would never buy a new build again, this was my 5th new home and the quality has severely deteriorated from home to home. Greenpark should be ashamed, they would never live in the homes they sell.

Pyrex in Markham
Pyrex in Markham

New House

Markham Meadows Project by Greenpark

Just moved into a "Green Park 1746 Sq Ft" townhouse or so they stated on their brochures. Turns out for some reason they included the garage space as well because into that sq Ft, so its more like 1546 sq ft (are they allowed to include non livable space as part of their Sq Ft?) I called them and they said they only include livable space so looks like that was not true. In addition, I noticed that light switches were not put in properly, as some were installed upside down. Also the workmanship is very poor, paint not done well around the edges, cracks near the baseboards, surfaces not painted smoothly, different colour patches in corners, dents and scratches on cabinets and this is just to name a few and I have only been there a couple of days!!! Also of the rooms is constructed in such a that it makes no sense; since this is corner room, they cut into the corner a good several feet to make room for the lamp post that is sitting right in front of my lawn. The streets are so narrow, no side walks and no place to park on the streets either!

Thank God I am only renting this place! Buyer beware, do your research before buying a brand new house. Glad I got this experience while renting and not buying!

Thank God I am only renting this place!

Wan in Markham
Wan in Markham

Terrible Customer Services for Green Park Homes

I had same terrible customer service experience as others. The operator is very rude and not speaking clearly. It's hard to hear what she said all the time. I supposed having one year Tarion inspector at last week, but the inspector never show up and claimed that nobody was in the unit. Items that indicated in 30 days form never be fixed and I need to report them again in the one year Tarion form. Hopefully, they will be fixed.

83823530 in Barrie
83823530 in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

very bad experience of green park homes' service!!!!

got a very bad experience of dealing with the customer serive of green park homes! we had to first reported problem with email, got a call back by their operator after a week, they scheduled the service team to come after a week, but ended up no shows/no calls at all! the call centre (416-661-5994) operator (who is a very rude and unfriendly woman)'s attitude is very very unproffesional and unacceptable! very upset about dealing with green park homes!

Arvind in Toronto
Arvind in Toronto
1 review Caledon, ON

Greenpark one of most outdated builder with rude custmer service and a perfect example of poor workmamship

Greenpark is a not even a builder anymore they hire apprentice and just any renovation person for there million dollar house. Very cheap quality very very cheap workmanship. They just make straight rectangular boxes which they call house. Very very poor after service ....Decor experience is really horrible. Selection from 10yrs may be more older designs. Their service persons just manipulate language to get away with their work . No don't ever even think of buying from Greenpark. Their paint job and workmanship is horrible. A basement renovation guy works much much better than them. They don't stand by their product. Every single after service has to come thru a lawyer.
They contract hot water tank companies which make you pay $50mnthly rental. You have to follow up a lot with their service and construction office rude personal

MaheshKhedu in Toronto
MaheshKhedu in Toronto

New Home in Mayfield Village

I have recently purchase my 2nd home with Greenpark and was very dissatisfied with their customer service. I had my colour appointment and was furious to see the selections they had to offer. It was very basic and cheap. When you purchase a $722K house you would expect better quality. If you need quality you are forced to upgrade at astronomical coat.The Decor staff even though are polite they are not helpful. There appointment schedule was not done professional. The have schedule too many people at the same time. You need to cross over with other purchaser in order to get at the samples. I have asked to speak with the Project Manager but never
get a response. If you want to avoid problems never buy a house from Green Park. Go to some other builder.

Jas from Toronto
Jas from Toronto
1 review , SK

Service

Found my power room sink was damaged after my PDI but I did put under my 1 year follow up so they won't fix that up. It's the worst customer service .They use very cheap product most probably bought from dollar store like door stoppers, light fixtures ,door knobs .......one of the guy told me they use good quality only in million dollars homes so it's just too bad that my home is just little more than a half a million. My advice don't buy from them at least not a new house

Attiya from Brampton
Attiya from Brampton

kitchen renovations

BE CAUTIONS…We were 3rd time loyal Greenpark owners and this is how they treated us. Will never buy a green park home and will never suggest it to family and friends. The story is yours to comprehend; you have the right to know if you are considering buying a Greenpark home…
We paid for an upgrade to have a microwave shelf in kitchen cabinets and GREEN Park installed the shelf without providing an electric outlet to plug in the microwave –SMART, right. And when we told them this at the time of key inspection we were advised to note it in 30day Tarion inspection. We filed for a 30 Day form for our brand new home early January 2012 to Tarion (online) for which Greenpark sent contractors to work on February 27th, 2012. 2 people from Discovery Electric along with a Handyman came to do that. While installing the electrical outlet, they dropped the wall cabinet on my kitchen Granite countertop and broke the counter. The handyman reported the incident to Greenpark Homes Supervisor who came to witness/inspect right away...the supervisor trailer was in the lot right across our house. They chit chatted and laughed out loud in another language at which point my Husband requested for them to speak in English so he can understand what is being discussed in regards to our counter. WE also showed the broken counter to another Greenpark Supervisor later in that day that happened to come in to fix locks on my doors as per 30 Day form request.
On March 03, 2012, marble company personnel came to inspect as it was reported by Greenpark and he provided an assessment back to Green Park. That letter was handed over to us in person by a Greenpark staff (Same person who did my home's PDI on Dec 08, 2011, I think his name is Mike, Michael). My concern for Greenpark was to have the counter replaced as it was broken due to pure negligence (as I witnessed on that day.)
We filed a complaint to Tarion for which they turned around and asked us for copies of hard proof with names and they concluded that we don't have sufficient document to even prove that counter was broken by green park contractors. The fact is that incident was reported to Greenpark right away on the day of incident and a Greenpark Supervisor did witnessed it and called upon a company to come and inspect it, but then there was no proof anywhere and we were lectured having hardcopy proof-supervisors were coming in and out of the house we didn’t have reasons to suspect foul play from builder of this status for something so little. The funnies thing is contractors came to our house for numerous things –grass –roof and other internal touch ups and every time we would ask contractors for a copy of work order they would say “we only have the one given to us” and can’t give you that one!
We have tried several times in contacting Greenpark Homes and have left messages but silence. Finally getting through and speaking with president we had a supervisor visit our house. He came in and looked at the counter and he said something that made us realize why Green Park is not replacing the counter. He said replacing your countertop will mean replacing the backsplash. Then he turned around and sent us an email to say we can’t replace countertop we would refund you 1000$. We don’t need money; we want the counter replaced, so we said no thank you. We took ownership of the house December 2011 -3years later no resolution and we are blamed for not having supporting documents.
If you are considering buying a Greenpark home have the patience to put up with this, I will never again buy one and can’t wait to get out of this one