Fine Craft Upholstery

Reviews for Fine Craft Upholstery

Sue from Toronto
Sue from Toronto

reupholstered 3 family heirloom chairs

When moving my Mom out of her home, we took 3 chairs that had good bones, but that were otherwise in poor shape:1 wingback chair, and 2 older leather chairs. Kathy re-upholstered these for us and did an amazing job. I feel like we have new pieces of furniture - that we have made our own by choosing fabric - but that also hold the history of our family. Kathy was meticulous and did a fabulous job. I would recommend her to anyone!

Paige Ring in Toronto
Paige Ring in Toronto
6 reviews TORONTO, ON

Modern Couch

Bought a vintage couch from the 60s, really liked the style bought it was in horrible shape. Fine Craft did a great job reupholstering it, giving it a great update, even explaining to me all of the options and working with my budget. They even fixed the sagging in the seats. Great job, still holding up well after a year. They were a little expensive, but with furniture and fabric you get what you pay for.

Kevin from High Park
Kevin from High Park

Upholstery + Custom Cushions & Headboard

As part of a renovation, we re-covered 6 dining room chairs and an armchair. In addition we had cushions made for two large window seats and a custom King headboard. Kathy was a joy to deal with. She was responsive on my first inquiry and that level of service continued throughout the process. Kathy was knowledgeable and helpful in fabric selection, taking the time to understand the use of the furniture and match fabric (e.g window seat in family room is more durable for kids & dog). The final product was outstanding and far exceeded our expectations. The work from Fine Craft Upholstery is true craftsmanship - we have recommended to others and will use again.

eXodus in Niagara falls
eXodus in Niagara falls
5 reviews Niagara Falls, ON

Reupholder

I just received a group of older Victorian style furniture, and Fine Craft Upholstery did an amazing jobs of pretty much bringing back the original style.

They look great, feel fantastic, quality job was done.

Manuela in Woodbridge
Manuela in Woodbridge

Chairs Re-upholstered

We recently had six kitchen chairs reupholstered. They look fabulous. Excellent work. Kathy helped us. She is very knowledgeable.

She helped us select a fabric that was easy to maintain especially with young children.

Gina in Ottawa
Gina in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Beginner Upholstery Instruction

My husband and I spent a weekend learning the basics of upholstery from Kathy. Kathy's years of experience and obvious talent resulted in a fun and incredibly informative weekend. We were able reupholster two chairs which are now the center piece in our living room. Kathy provides clear instruction and is very generous with her time (and patience!). I highly recommend the work at Fine Craft Upholstery and the beginner lesson from Kathy.

TKH in Toronto
TKH in Toronto

Reupholstery Project

I hired Fine Craft Upholstery to redo a loveseat I found used on Craigslist. The loveseat was in good shape but I wanted a look that was more modern, graphic, and fun. Kathy was great - she helped me to choose a fabric that had the look I wanted but was still practical. In fact, my nephew took to the loveseat the first weekend I had it - jumping on it and grinding chocolate into the fabric. The loveseat survived with flying colours! It retained its shape and the fabric cleaned up easily. I can't think of a better test of workmanship than a rambunctious three-year old. I will absolutely take my future upholstery projects to Fine Craft and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

auntienina north toronto
auntienina north toronto

re-upholstering furniture

I am so happy that I decided to have a very old sofa and wing back chair re-upholstered by Fine Craft. I was a little nervous about how they would turn out but I must say that the results have exceeded my expectations. My living room is rejuvinated and a landfill has been spared from yet more pieces of abandoned furniture. In addition, to being very personable, Kathy is most professional and very helpful in making the right fabric choices. Fine Craft succeeded in transforming a very formal sofa with it's pleated skirt into a more contemporary look and completely updating my living room. The fabric choice for the Louis IVth wing back chair also brought it into the 21st century. Kathy is honest in her recommendations,the workmanship is very high quality and the price is most fair. I would highly recommend Fine Craft Upholstery to anyone considering a furniture re-do.

Bella in Etobicoke
Bella in Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Numerous projects including reupholstering chairs,

I stumbled on Fine Craft Upholstery when needing my dining room chairs reupholstered. They had a wife selection of farbics, but made sure that what I bought worked with my decor and would add warmth and beauty to my home. Further, they not only did the reupholstery but also reglued the chairs so that they are like new. Next, I recommended a close friend for a similar project, except this time she wanted piping. Her chairs came out beautifully. Now they are doing my daugher's chairs. These chairs were on their last legs, and now are just great. All of this for a fair price, excellent service and a wonderful, caring attitude from Cathy. What more could any of us want? I higly recommend Fine Craft Upholstery. My only regret is that I don't have more items for them to make beautiful again.

Pat in Weston
Pat in Weston
7 reviews ,

Upholstery of living room chairs

A friend's recommendation led me to arrange to have two living room easy chairs re-upholstered at Fine Craft. The fabric I chose had a manufacturing flaw and Kathy offered various options to me including a discount. I chose another fabric which meant the wait was extended through no fault of Fine Craft.I am thrilled with the result. Pick-up and delivery service was provided. Kathy provided thoughtful,helpful advice in the fabric selection process.She was reasonably responsible about keeping me informed as to the progress of the job.
Pat, Weston

More about Fine Craft Upholstery

Fine Craft Upholstery is a family run business specializing in furniture reupholstery, custom built pieces, and antique restoration. We also offer furniture refinishing, as well as unique in-home wall upholstery services. We carry a wide variety of top-quality fabric samples in our store. Estimates are free.