Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Reviews for Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

John Reese from Toronto
John Reese from Toronto

Kitchen renovation

What a talented, polite, conscientious, and easy-to-work with team! I can't praise Ewen Cameron enough for their great work on the our kitchen in our new home. Will definitely be inviting them back when we restructure our closets and create a home office next year! Great attention to detail. Everything on time and within budget.

John was a pleasure to work with and I certainly look forward to working with him in the future. Thank you John.

Birthe Jorgensen from Toronto
Birthe Jorgensen from Toronto

Building a basement wall unit

I lack storage space in my kitchen, but love the design of my kitchen. I asked Ewen to build a storage cupboard to house my "occasional" serving implements, etc. for parties. Ewen built the most beautiful storage cabinet, accommodating the existing dimension, and adding to the beauty of my basement. He did the design with my input, and everything I wished to see stored was accommodated. He built the unit in his workshop and installed it without any stress on me. I am very grateful and happy to have the unit.

Birthe had very specific design criteria and with a little bit of my help, the plan was expediently produced. The build in my shop went without a hitch, as did the installation and, at the end of the day, we were both happier people. Thank you Birthe.

jackey from Markham
jackey from Markham

Build in unit

Professional work and without any mess. The built in unit which we request delivered more than expectations. Project on time and price is right . Although you paid a bit more vs buying from the furniture store but is worth it.

I was more than happy to accommodate Jackey's request for custom work. Project turned out beautifully and the client was very happy with the final product. Thank you Jackey.

Brett Jackson in Hamilton
Brett Jackson in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Built-in Bookcases

Incredible workmanship - he did such an amazing job and these are now the piece de resistance of our house.

We couldn't be happy with his service and sorry we couldn't write a review sooner!!! Please strongly consider his professionalism - great guy and even better work.

Thanks!

Brett and his wife had purchased a lovely new, just-finished home, out near the Escarpment and provided me with the tradesman's dream, an empty house! Upon finalizing the plan, I proceeded to build them a 14' wide x 9' tall built in entertainment unit/fireplace surround, pictures of which still serve, to this day, as the template for many clients. Brett and Christina were fantastic young people to work with, focused but easy-going and, willing to listen to professional advice with regard to trending styles. I have just completed a similar project for Brett's brother in-law. Thank you Brett & Christina

Sue Drewery in East York
Sue Drewery in East York
2 reviews East York, ON

Created and installed custom stair railings

Seven years ago, we ripped out the wall enclosing the basement stairs to give our main floor a more open feeling. Open being the operative word here - we never got around to putting in a railing to prevent guests from making an unplanned trip from the dining room to the lower level! Ewen came in and built a new railing, newell post, and handrail and installed it in just a day. And he even created custom finishes to it to match it to the upper railing which was built over 100 years ago. He is highly skilled and incredibly talented and did I mention he's funny (as in haha)? He is a riot.

Ewen offers fair pricing for his skills and will work to your expectations. We are very fussy about the details in our home and even though we fully expected there'd be something we could nitpick, everything was flawless. We are already lining up new projects for Ewen so book him while you can!

Sue was a fantastic personality, a pleasure to work with and had a ribald sense of humour, which made the job that much more fun. Specific criteria's were presented and with some detailed planning and sourcing, the objectives were met, with a very happy client being the end product. Thank you Sue.

Katherine Waterson in North york
Katherine Waterson in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Installation of doors, baseboards, trim/crownmolding

Ewen did a fantastic job! I was in quite a bind with my mother-in-law coming for a visit and even though he was fully booked he managed to fit us in and help us out. He worked efficiently and his attention to detail was impressive. My husband was also very pleased with the work. In a matter of two days he managed to finish up quite a few of things that no one else would tackle. Call after call he was the only one to respond to my dilemma and fortunate for us he did a great job! Thanks Ewen.

When Katherine contacted me, she had the "My mother-in-law is coming" panic in her voice! While I was very busy, I contacted the client on whose project I was working and, after briefly explaining the situation, she readily agreed to let me help Katherine out. I completed the work with time to spare, which allowed Katherine to properly prepare for the visit. Thank you Katherine.

Dave in Etobicoke
Dave in Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Custome entry-way cabinet and built in shelves

The following highlights my rating for Ewen:

-He was professional and punctual
-He listened to our needs, provided suggestions and clarified
-His quote was very fair and clear, breaking down costs
-His craftsmanship was excellent
-He was neat and clean with attention to detail
-He was a pleasure to have around
-He exceeded our expectations inboth the look of the final product and in the time it took to complete.

It is for these reasons that I gladly recommend Ewen. He is a truely skilled professional and all-around nice guy

Thanks Ewen!

Dave was a blast to work with from the get-go. A fun guy, but knew exactly what he wanted. After we met and ironed out the final details, a smooth and cheerful business relationship followed. He and his wife loved the work, so they had me back to do a custom door to finish the piece off. I thank Dave and his family for the opportunity to enhance their already impressive home.

Mark in Toronto
Mark in Toronto

Cabinet doors

Ewen did a great job. He was punctual and friendly. Once he had heard our description of the work we had hoped to complete, he provided thoughtful insight and expertise. He provided a well detailed quote which we felt was within our budget. The work he completed was exactly what we were hoping for and his workmanship was above average. He was efficient and thorough; careful with small details. He left our living room clean and tidy. Thanks Ewen, we will recommend you to others and hope to have you work with us again.

Mark was in need of special cabinet door arrangement and after providing him and his wife with a few options, the promptly decided which one suited their specific needs, both mechanically and asthetically. After building them and spraying them, the installation went smoothly and they were genuinely happy with the finished product. I hope to work with them in the future.

Sherry in Downtown Toronto
Sherry in Downtown Toronto

window seat, wooden front and upstairs doors, bookshelf/storage cabinet builtin

We contacted Ewen after reading his reviews on homestars and have been pleased with the three jobs he has completed for us. Ewen works on his own, so there's no need to worry about about rude or incompetent installers (had that problem with another company we used for other woodwork in the house). Any problems which arose (and there weren't many) were promptly dealt with by Ewen. We are very happy with the results. Thanks Ewen!

Sherry and her Husband purchased a century old house, which was in need of TLC (+), and they were a bit skeptical that the unique angles that peroid houses posess would allow for properly fitting cabinetry. I LOVE A CHALLENGE. Measured and verified the angles three times, went to the shop, and three weeks later, i'll be darned, everything fit. They were very pleased with the results and everybody went away from the venture happy. I thank you guys for the chance to enhance your home.

More about Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Interior & Exterior Fine Finish Carpentry( cornice, dado & shaker panel mould,wainscoting, doors, baseboard, casing, etc) and Custom Cabinetry ( built-in's, entertainment units, custom kitchens, fireplace mantle's etc.).
Welcome to the Website of Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker: “EWEN MCC”
Having started my apprenticeship in July of 1980, I have been serving the GTA and Southern Ontario as a tradesman since 1985 and have been an Independent Businessman since 2001.
My goal in business has always been a simple one, to provide my clientele with professional quality fine carpentry and millwork, and with first-rate, personalized client services.
I provide my clients with a complete CONSULT-DESIGN-BUILD service.
Simply stated, I come and consult with you regarding the work you wish to have performed. Together, we then formulate a design. The canvas from which I can build can be as simple as a hand-drawn sketch outline, a picture from a design, or any other magazine, or a full set of blueprints. With many clients, they will simply tell me their vision and I will build it. Much of the work you will see in this web site is built from the client sketching a few lines on a wall and explaining how they envision the final piece. My experience allows me to obtain a sense of the client’s personal tastes and likes with regard to the type of architectural style they are seeking, be it modern, contemporary, traditional or anywhere in between.
At Ewen MCC, there are no middlemen to confuse the message. When you meet and speak with me, you are speaking with the person who shall be doing the work. No more missed small details, as there are no details too small, no more mis-measurements.
As you will see on the testimonials page, the respect of my clients home, or business, is of paramount importance to me.
I believe that my hard work and dedication has paid off, with the result being a lengthy list of very pleased clients.