Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Carpenters
Toronto Toronto ON M6P 1W4
HomeStars  >  Carpenters in Toronto  >  Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Reviews for Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Joanne
Joanne

Backyard Deck

Ewen tore down our old deck and built us a new one just as we had requested. He added fine finishings that really made a difference. The project was completed right on schedule.

Joanne and her Husband were a joy to work with, being pleasant, hospitable and focused...I hope they enjoy years of entertaining on their new deck.

Shayla in East York
Shayla in East York

Beautiful new kitchen cabinets!

We're so happy with our new kitchen cabinets! Ewen was super easy to communicate with—he made sure to get all the information from us (including lots of little details we hadn't even thought of) and to be very clear about what we wanted, and the cabinets turned out just as we'd hoped. On top of the excellent craftsmanship, he was always very respectful of our space and thoughtful about scheduling and clean-up.

Superb client to work with...Shayla knew what she wanted, whilst being very responsive to a couple of suggestions I offered to enhance the project. Once we had settled on the scope of work, everything went into production and a timeline for installation was provided. Everything went according to plan, with the end result being the only acceptable outcome...A very happy client.... I thank you for your communication responsiveness, your hospitality and for being one of the most pleasant people I have had the chance to meet and work with.

EwenMCC

maryanne in Oakville
maryanne in Oakville

Front Porch

Ewen was very efficient in removing the old porch and building the new one. The old one was worn out and was an accident waiting to happen. I wanted the steps to be of half height because I have arthritis and they would be easier to go up and down.
Ewen made it happen and also built a landing so the steps could turn instead of ending up in the yard. He measured the hand rail for my hand height so I would be comfortable using it. We tried it out several times before he built it.
I really love the new stairs and how easy they are to navigate. A beautiful piece of work! And done in three solid days!
All my visitors love it, especially the grandkids. Ewen was a real pleasure to work with.

Maryanne required specific and custom touches to the project, one's which I was more than pleased to provide...A great client to both work with and converse with...

porch replacement

Ewen's qoute was prompt, complete and competetive. He removed and replaced our second floor porch on our 100+ year old home in 5 days. His work was precise and exactly to our specifications and of much better quality than the original.

Project was initialized, quoted and commenced within days of initial contact. All went according to plan and at the end of the job, my clients expressed their happiness with everything.

Laura B.
Laura B.
2 reviews , ON

Custom office furniture built and installed.

Built office desk and shelving unit exactly as requested. Gave careful attention to design planning and measurement to deliver high quality product. Beautiful craftsmanship. Very pleased with result.

Laura and her husband provided me with a very detailed drawing and a few weeks later, the installation went according to plan. I thank both Laura and her husband for all their hospitality during the process. I look forward to working with them on future projects.

Jenn
Jenn

Hidden / secret doors

Ewen created doors for our media room that are designed to dissapears into the wall. We had done research online to what was possible, but none of the contractors we were working with seemed to understand the concept. After the first phone call with Ewen it was clear he was the guy for the job. The doors he created were done within the reasonable timeline and price he quoted. He installed the doors in our home, and after painting was done, he had to come back to make minor adjustments, which he did shortly after being contacted.

His work is beautiful, he's very good at coming up with solutions for tricky problems, and the communication during the project was great.

Jenn had a beautiful home and I was honoured to be part of the team that enhanced it...Great client, great home...

Custom Closet Doors

We were looking to replace our closet doors with a more contemporary option. Two closets needed doors, one in the bedroom and one in the hallway, both measuring over the standard 8ft high. After searching for months and exploring many options, we decided to go the custom route. We found Ewen after reading many positive reviews on HomeStar.

Ewen was quick to respond and promptly set up a meeting to asses the scope of the project. Right away we felt confident that he knew exactly what we were looking for. He had many suggestions as to how the style of doors we wanted could work with our current space. We decided to proceed with the project and a few weeks later we had new doors!

The results were fantastic, they were exactly what we wanted, simple Scandinavian style sliding doors in solid Maple. And they were done in a timely manner with no mess after the installation. Ewen was professional, courteous and easy to talk to about all aspects of the project. We’ll be keeping him in mind for any future projects that require precision and an eye for detail.

Thank so much for the fantastic review, it was great working with you.

tutta k. from Toronto
tutta k. from Toronto

Hallway and kitchen cabinets and breakfast nook

One of the best customer experiences I've had in my life.

We've been thinking of custom-building cabinets in our hallway to use the space to the max, as well as building a cozy breakfast nook along with a pantry in our kitchen. I found Ewen's profile while googling for someone who could do this and I was very impressed with all the reviews he received - and especially the way he seemed to have handled one not so great review. I felt reassured that he would try to do his best to ensure our satisfaction.

We've exchanged a few emails, I shared my "blueprint" drawings of what I envisioned in both areas, he provided me with a price quote.

Then he came for a visit to discuss what we wanted and to take measurements. He was always very friendly and was obviously knowledgeable about his profession - as well as passionate.

Despite being very busy, he was able to fit our project earlier than he originally expected (we really wanted to have the hallway done before winter started and the mess of shoes, hats, mitts etc. that comes with it).

He shared final sketches and quote, we paid the first deposit and he started the work.

The only thing we needed to do was to go to a store, look at available stain colours and choose the one we liked. The swatches in the store were so tiny that we couldn't really imagine what it would look like, so instead we veered into a kitchen cabinet department and sent photos of a cabinet door we liked (colout/treatment), along with the picture of the product info so that he could find the same door.

We felt giddy and nervous at the same time - it's an expensive project and it's a leap of faith to hire someone out of yellow pages, so to speak, with no recos other than online reviews.

The day he brought the furniture and started unloading, I pointed out it wasn't the colour we chose. Now I have to say - Ewen handled this EXTREMELY professionally. We looked at the pics I sent him, discussed the original conversations we had on colour, and then he shrugged his shoulders and said he was going to load all the stuff back into his van and go re-do the work.

I felt pretty terrible about wasting hours if not days of his time.

He messaged me later in the day, saying he dropped by the store again and it turned out the store employee showed him the wrong door the first time around. Mystery solved.

In any case, he re-did the finish and when he brought the furniture in 2 weeks, I couldn't be happier. I absolutely LOVE how it looks. Beautiful rustic-looking wood, precisely the colour that we wanted. The workmanship is of the highest level, too - everything was precise and high-quality. I still keep stroking the wood, it's just so beautiful.

Our kids LOVE sitting in the breakfast nook, nice and cozy. And with all the shelves/drawers downstairs now everyone has a designated place for all the shoes, scarves, and hats. It's awesome!

I would highly recommend hiring Ewen for any work around the house. He's knowledgeable, can give an advice, very thorough, professional and - what's probably most important of all - honest. One of the best customer experiences I've had in my life. He didn't leave until he was a 100% sure we were satisfied.

Tanya and her whole family were phenominal to work with....I thank them for permittiig me to enhance their home.

Matthew in Toronto
Matthew in Toronto

Custom Kitchen Drawers

We needed to replace some of the drawers in our custom kitchen. Ewen came over to assess what was required and gave us a quote.
He was punctual, and extremely professional. The finished drawers are very well made and fit perfectly. He even came over on a Sunday to complete the installation. I would recommend him to friends and family and hire him again.

Matt had a beautiful kitchen, with some well-used drawers, and a week leter, he had a beautiful kitchen with NEW drawers. ..Thank you for your hospitality during the installation.

mikeandroseruddell in Oshawa
mikeandroseruddell in Oshawa
1 review Whitby, ON

Custom bookcase with a built in entertainment centre

Ewen met with us to review our requirement, made recommendations, provided an estimate and installed the finished piece on schedule, on budget. Great craftsmanship - we are very pleased with the finished piece.

I had done work for Mike & Rose's daughter on a previous project and had met them several times during that job. When they called me with regard to their new house, I was eager to work with them. A pleasant meeting ensued and a simple but elegant design was created, as per their stylistic preferences. The stain colour they chose was a contemporary-looking Light Nutmeg, which has become a 'fan-favourite' with clients. Build and installation went very smoothly and, after the installation (during game 3 of the Blue Jays ALCS !!), Mike wasted NO time in hooking up the cable so I could see the rest of the game.
THAT is a gentleman of the highest quality, which he was to begin with.
I thank Mike & Rose for allowing me to add this centrepiece to their new home.

More about Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Interior & Exterior Fine Finish Carpentry( cornice, dado & shaker panel mould, wainscoting, doors, baseboard, casing, etc) and Custom Cabinetry ( built-in's, entertainment units, custom kitchens, fireplace mantle's etc. ). Welcome to the Website of Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker: “EWEN MCC” Having started my apprenticeship in July of ...