Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Reviews for Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Matthew in Toronto
Matthew in Toronto

Custom Kitchen Drawers

We needed to replace some of the drawers in our custom kitchen. Ewen came over to assess what was required and gave us a quote.
He was punctual, and extremely professional. The finished drawers are very well made and fit perfectly. He even came over on a Sunday to complete the installation. I would recommend him to friends and family and hire him again.

Matt had a beautiful kitchen, with some well-used drawers, and a week leter, he had a beautiful kitchen with NEW drawers. ..Thank you for your hospitality during the installation.

mikeandroseruddell in Oshawa
mikeandroseruddell in Oshawa
1 review Whitby, ON

Custom bookcase with a built in entertainment centre

Ewen met with us to review our requirement, made recommendations, provided an estimate and installed the finished piece on schedule, on budget. Great craftsmanship - we are very pleased with the finished piece.

I had done work for Mike & Rose's daughter on a previous project and had met them several times during that job. When they called me with regard to their new house, I was eager to work with them. A pleasant meeting ensued and a simple but elegant design was created, as per their stylistic preferences. The stain colour they chose was a contemporary-looking Light Nutmeg, which has become a 'fan-favourite' with clients. Build and installation went very smoothly and, after the installation (during game 3 of the Blue Jays ALCS !!), Mike wasted NO time in hooking up the cable so I could see the rest of the game.
THAT is a gentleman of the highest quality, which he was to begin with.
I thank Mike & Rose for allowing me to add this centrepiece to their new home.

Office unit

Ewen built and installed a variety of shelves, storage cabinets and furniture that surpassed our expectations. Throughout the job he was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We were pleased with this and had him custom make an entertainment center and some other small pieces. His creative and imaginative designs pleased us immensely. His ability to interpret our ideas and come up with a solution made for an easy working relationship. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants quality work, done on time.

A quality client whom, after building a custom office for, requested a modern low-rise Walnut entertainment unit. A picture was provided to me and 3 weeks later, the client was pleasantly amazed that the finished piece matched the picture exactly. I thank my client for all the hospitality shown to me during my visits and worktime there. The bottle of Islay Scotch I was presented with at the end of the job was simply old-school brilliance. I thank an elegant lady for everything and look forward to working with her again.

Giovanni LaCorte from Toronto
Giovanni LaCorte from Toronto

Built-in Dresser

Ewen was provided the challenge of designing a custom built-in dresser for my son's room. We provided him with what we were hoping to see fill in the space. Ewen had many ideas and options and was very insightful and helpful in the making the design process painless. The finished product was as discussed, delivered on-time and beautiful. When it arrived it fit like a glove. It complimented the room even to the point of matching the white colouring of the existing trim around the room to make it seem like everything was done and painted at the same time.

My son loves his new built-in and even brags to his friends when they are invited over.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ewen to my family and friends.

Thanks Ewen!!

Giovanni sent me a picture of the hole in the wall in his sons room (purposely created) and his idea for filling it. We had a pleasant meeting, sketched up his exact requirements and after some fine-tuning to ensure the proper fitment, the plan was in place. The installation went well, the CC-10 lacquer matched the CC-10 trim and Giovanni was truly happy with the finished product. Would not hesitate to answer his next phone call...A very pleasant guy to work with.

Lorraine in Mississauga
Lorraine in Mississauga

Wainscoting

Ewen installed shaker style wainscoting in our foyer, dinning room, living room, stairway and upstairs hall. He also installed crown molding in the upstairs hall and master bedroom. He listened to what we wanted and provided insightful recommendations and advice. Ewen was a pleasure to work with, he is very detail oriented and his workmanship is exceptional. We could not be more pleased with the end result. It added a custom look to our builder home. It exceeded our expectations! Thanks Ewen!

Lorraine has a very beautiful home and when she asked me to enhance it with this project, I was very eager to. I presented them with an aesthetically-fitting style of my wainscoting system that would augment the house and Lorraine readily agreed to the choices, which were the one's she had envisioned prior to us meeting. Being on the same page as the client is usually a harbinger of good thing to come and this project proved that to be accurate. I returned to my shop to begin the prep work, went on-site and spent 2 weeks working with two very pleasant, courteous and gracious hosts. The final product looked exactly as Lorraine had envisioned and I was very glad that I had been able to live up to her expectations. Thank you Lorraine...and I hope our business paths cross again.

Beth Stockton from Toronto
Beth Stockton from Toronto

built in office

We had Ewen complete a built in office - convert from one of the bedrooms in our old house. He was professional - very prompt and kept to his agreed upon schedule as well as cost.
We are very pleased with the office he created for us. He created a very beautiful desk top on both sides of the room designed to fit over a radiator - making use of the space well. Very clever design.
Ewen has great visualization skills and was able to design and install with minimal intrusion. As well, Ewen is friendly, positive and hardworking. Thank you.

Beth and her Husband presented me with a challenging request regarding the building of their office, due to some interesting angles and radiator placements. I LOVE a good challenge and pursuant to a productive meeting, a viable plan was in place. The installation went well, with the biggest challenge being a very narrow staircase! I thank Beth for allowing me to meet this challenge and the opportunity to provide her with an aesthetically-pleasing and functional office.

Jack from Toronto
Jack from Toronto

Concealed Room and Storage

Ewen added a panel wall over top of the archway/entrance to our Den in order to create the foundations for a Hidden Room (hinging the central panel to swing open). Next he hung a beautifully crafted 8x4 mirror overtop of this wall and hinged it (with fantastically strong hinges) so that it swings open and closed silently to reveal the access panel. The mirror must weight 300 lbs but it doesn't make a sound when it swings open or closed... truly stunning!

Across the hall from this panel wall he hung a second 8x4 mirror (the twin of the first) to create a fantastic entry hall opposing mirror effect - and all guests are fooled. Nobody knows there's a hidden room off the entry hall unless we show it to them and they are ALWAYS amazed and how invisible and easy to access the room is.

We knew we'd need someone with skills above the norm to make something truly hidden and seamless and we were willing to take our time to find the best. ...and we couldn't be happier with the results. To our amazement, the majority of the work was done off-site and assembled in a single build day (with a second day for fine-tuning hinges etc) - this despite the fact that one wall in our home needed to be opened up and strengthened/reinforced with additional support beams.

Pictures to come most definitely. I've been experimenting but the hall is narrow enough that it's hard to do the wall justice without a wide-angle lens (and I'll be borrowing one from a friend to get that done).

Geoff presented me with a challenging and different project and I jumped at the chance to work with him on it. Geoff had very specific idea's as to the layout, but was flexible enough to allow me to fine-tune the project with regards to geometric limitations. He was very quick in responding to questions and queries that arose regarding the job, which in turn made my work easier. All in all, the finished product turned out even better than I had anticipated, and fitting and swinging a 300 LB. solid maple framed mirror in the shop, then duplicating it on site, without a hitch, was a great feeling! Geoff was fantastic to work with, as he is a very personable guy and, I look forward to working with him again on future projects. Thank you Geoff.

Jeff
Jeff

Built In Entertainment Unit

We wanted to get rid of the mess above the fireplace with a built in entertainment unit. Ewen did a fantastic job, during the planning process he was always available and offered excellent suggestions. He was realistic about the time it would take and he met that timeline exactly. The fit and finish of his work was excellent and he was both courteous and extremely clean during the installation.

Jeff contacted me regarding the TV surround built in above his fireplace and, after 1 short meeting, we were simpatico on the layout, colour and styling. Installation was done on the day specified and both of us were happier at the end of the day. Will definitely be looking forward to enhancing his house again when the call comes. Thank you Jeff.

Lisa Hayes from Toronto
Lisa Hayes from Toronto

Built-in dressers and main floor cabinets

We hired Ewen first to build a dresser for each side of a fireplace in our master bedroom. He understood exactly what we wanted and we were very happy with the product and the turn around time. Given our satisfaction, we hired him again to build ceiling to floor cabinets on our main floor in the dining room to increase our storage options for the main floor. He provided considerable guidance with respect to design issues and, again, delivered an excellent product within a timeframe set by us (we wanted it done by Christmas). Ewen also fixed some of our kitchen cabinets which were no longer working well. Ewen is an excellent carpenter with a strong work ethic and very good design skills. We would not hesitate to hire him again for any carpentry project. Thanks Ewen!
Lisa H.

After completing the MBR work, Lisa contacted me again regarding a dining room storage/seating solution and, after a productive meeting, the plan was formulated. Very quick to respond to minor design changes I suggested during the construction, the project was completed with, if memory serves me correctly, two days to spare. Lisa was a pleasure to work with and, if the call comes again from her, I would not hesitate to answer it. Thank you Lisa.

Carl in the Junction
Carl in the Junction

Cabinet repair

Ewan saved my small kitchen update coming the rescue like a superhero. When my cabinets were being measured for a new countertop template the fellow from the stone company looked at my cabinets and told me the bad news - there was no way new stone could be put down on them - I'd have to get a carpenter in to repair, strengthen and level my old cabinets or I was (blank) out of luck. I was desperate in terms of timing - I needed great work done very fast. I tried a few different guys (getting a good carpenter on short order is a small miracle) and then the clouds parted and Ewan came to my rescue. He managed to get a couple of days from an existing job to come and get my cabinets in order. He did an amazing job not only did he repair, strengthen and level my cabinets to secure them for for a new countertop - he came up with some brilliant ideas - including re-arranging my lowers to allow for a full size fridge we had never been able to put in before because of the way the lowers were arranged originally. I can't say enough great things about Ewan. Homestars is such a fantastic place to find the best people. Thanks again Ewan!

Carl had a bit of a pickle on his hands when I showed up, but allowed me to formulate a plan and implement the solution. His criteria was simple, "make it look good and make it strong". Rearranging the lowers to allow for the fridge was the bonus he didn't expect, but I was more than glad to go the extra mile in order to produce a finished product that exceeded Carl's expectations. Thank you Carl.

More about Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Interior & Exterior Fine Finish Carpentry( cornice, dado & shaker panel mould,wainscoting, doors, baseboard, casing, etc) and Custom Cabinetry ( built-in's, entertainment units, custom kitchens, fireplace mantle's etc.).
Welcome to the Website of Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker: “EWEN MCC”
Having started my apprenticeship in July of 1980, I have been serving the GTA and Southern Ontario as a tradesman since 1985 and have been an Independent Businessman since 2001.
My goal in business has always been a simple one, to provide my clientele with professional quality fine carpentry and millwork, and with first-rate, personalized client services.
I provide my clients with a complete CONSULT-DESIGN-BUILD service.
Simply stated, I come and consult with you regarding the work you wish to have performed. Together, we then formulate a design. The canvas from which I can build can be as simple as a hand-drawn sketch outline, a picture from a design, or any other magazine, or a full set of blueprints. With many clients, they will simply tell me their vision and I will build it. Much of the work you will see in this web site is built from the client sketching a few lines on a wall and explaining how they envision the final piece. My experience allows me to obtain a sense of the client’s personal tastes and likes with regard to the type of architectural style they are seeking, be it modern, contemporary, traditional or anywhere in between.
At Ewen MCC, there are no middlemen to confuse the message. When you meet and speak with me, you are speaking with the person who shall be doing the work. No more missed small details, as there are no details too small, no more mis-measurements.
As you will see on the testimonials page, the respect of my clients home, or business, is of paramount importance to me.
I believe that my hard work and dedication has paid off, with the result being a lengthy list of very pleased clients.