DrainWorks Plumbing

Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories

Reviews for DrainWorks Plumbing

J. Hancock in North York

I called Drainworks after reading the reviews on Homestars. I was having issues with a gurgling basement toilet while doing laundry. Armando arrived the next day and put a camera in the drain and found a tree root had grown into the outside piping. He fixed part of the clog in the drain but recommended replacing the drain under the front lawn where the root was. I requested a backwater valve and he recommended replacement of basement drain pipes. The next day they showed up. Dug up the floor in the basement. Replaced the drains. Put in a backwater valve. Matt came back to do the final inspection. What a great guy. Put the camera through the pipes again. Ground up part of the root through the pipe with some tool and now I have some time to figure out how to remove the tree in order to replace the pipes. Excellent service. From the gentleman who answered my first call to Armando, Matt and the gentleman who did the digging.....first rate service.

I will definitely use Drainworks for any future plumbing work.

**Thanks J.Hancock** It was a pleasure reading you review to learn how satisfied you were with our service from initial phone call to completion. We are delighted to know that you found our service excellent and first rate. Thank you so much for sharing this review with us here for all to see. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you need assistance again in the future. Thanks again for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

We were in need of immediate help with outdated pipes in the middle of winter. This company came exactly when they said they would. They showed us exactly what we needed. They told us how much, how long and what to expect. Their service was first rate. And after all was done (on time) they showed us the result and checked to make sure it was done properly. This company gives excellent service and guarantees their work. They were polite, respectful, punctual and they cleaned up thoroughly in record time. They answered all our questions and we highly recommend them. We are artists and we do not know much about this type of work but after working with DrainWorks we are so much less stressed out about this type of thing. THANK YOU SO MUCH DrainWorks.

**Thanks** We appreciate your review and your high recommendation. THANK YOU so much for taking the time to share this glowing review with us here for all to see. It is rewarding for us to know how happy you were with our service. We certainly look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing!

John in Toronto

Recently, when our washing machine drained, it backed up a floor drain into a pool on the floor. Called DrainWorks and got a quote for snaking. Armando came promptly, snaked it twice and each time pulled out large chunks of roots. Water would still not drain so he recommended digging and replacing the plugged sections of clay tile. His crew arrived promptly the next day, dug up the plugged sections and did a camera inspection of the remaining drain lines. They then installed PVC pipe to current code and filled and concreted the floor. The crew (Matthew, Eugene, Stefan et al) did a great job - very professional, good workmanship, neat and quick. They showed us what they were doing and why and provided prices for each step (initial snaking, original 10 ft drain replacement, and the final much longer replacement). I highly recommend them.

**Thanks John** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for sharing your experience with us here for all to see. It is very rewarding to know you were so happy with our service and we definitely appreciate your high recommendation. Thanks again for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to reply on should you need assistance again in the future.

Pjeter in Toronto

I called the main number spoke to someone (receptionist) who gave me tons of attitude and was asking me more questions than trying to answer my complains I had.. Would not recommend them.
I had one of the workers, who changed my sink and part of the tubing. Recommended changing the other facets, toilets etc. etc. which was not why I had called the Drain Works for.
These guys keep adding hidden prices out of nowhere. Charged me $662.18 to change on faucet and part of the tubing. Extremely expensive. Then he gave me a quote for two other faucets, which was nothing wrong with them, except for a small leak which had even stopped leaking by the time he was inspecting the sink. He then took one of the sinks apart without my permission and took those parts with him. My impression is that Drain Works uses these used (old) parts and sells them to the next customer and the cycle continues.
Each quote for each sink (faucet + one plastic tube) change parts included for $1150.00 plus HST. This is ridiculously over priced.
I got another quote just today and they are gonna get one faucet fixed for $310.00 plus HST.
Shop around, do your math, DO NOT HIRE DRAIN WORKS EVER. Save yourself your hard earning money. I am thinking to take them to small claims court and or post this onto a Facebook page.
I am waiting for a response from receptionist. I will give him 2 days before my next step.
with them, except for a small leak which had even stopped leaking by the time he was inspecting the sink. He then took one of the sinks apart without my permission and placed them in his truck. My impression is that Drain Works uses these used (old) parts and sells them to the next customer and the cycle continues.
He then gave me a quote for each sink (faucet + one plastic tube) change parts included for $1150.00 plus HST. This is ridiculously overpriced.
I got another quote just today from another plumber for $310.00 plus HST.

Pjeter. We are puzzled with your review regarding price. DrainWorks always provides pricing upfront for approval before we begin. You chose to proceed with the work as quoted straight out of the written pricing guide book. You were never forced to proceed with the quote and you certainly could have shopped around if you wanted; but please note that our pricing is competitive and in line with industry standards and you can be certain that the price you were quoted would have been the same for anyone else. Regarding your impression about the reusing of old parts or touching plumbing without your permission, well that simply is not the case. DrainWorks definitely does not reuse old parts and we do not proceed with any work at your home without your permission. At DrainWorks we pride ourselves on being upfront and transparent. It is this approach that has garnered us so many positive reviews, as testament to our level of service.

olivia in Toronto

Great service from Chris. The appointment was to install a toilet (which was done just great) but also investigated water damage issue near the bath tub plumbing. Chris stayed an extra 3 hours and found the issue and resolved it. All in the same visit. Very professional. He also took care of all the garbage and put the old toilet and the box from the new toilet in my garage for me.

**Thanks Olivia** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for taking to time to share this experience here for all to see. It is very rewarding to know you were so happy with the service and the efficiency of having everything dealt with on the spot. Thanks again for the glowing review and for choosing DrainWorks. We look forward to hearing from you should you require assistance again in the future.

Club 71 in Toronto

Instant response to emergency drain back up with friendly, expert and professional solution. Our drain blockage was complicated but was expertly diagnosed and patiently explained. Thanks especially to Mathew, Jim, Armand and Stephan for a job well done. The thoroughness and care taken during the diagnosis, excavation, repair and clean up were all most impressive. No-one likes to throw money into an excavation pit with no obvious result except the knowledge that a serious problem has been solved. But when it needs to be done, this Is the company and the team that I heartily recommend.

**Thanks Club 71** It was a pleasure reading your review and learning just how happy you were with the service provided from start to finish. Thank you so much for acknowledging our efforts and for the strong recommendation; it is really appreciated! We look forward to hearing from you should you require assistance again in the future. Thanks for making DrainWorks your choice for your plumbing and drain needs.

Diane from Toronto

I would not hesitate to contact DrainWorks for my future plumbing jobs. They provide prompt service and upfront quotes. They fixed the issue with my leaky pipe under my bathroom sink and added shut off valves for me, everything is water tight now. I decided to change out the faucet while they were here, love the one Chris the plumber recommended from the selection he had with him a Moen Eva model. On the same day he was also able to repair a leaky toilet, replacing all the parts inside so it's working and looking as good as new again. They do a very thorough job and give good recommendations.

**Thanks Diane** We appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so pleased to know we could be of assistance and that you were happy with the service. We look forward to hearing from you should you require additional plumbing or drain service in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks!

Merle in Toronto

I am so pleased with the prompt response. I sent in the request on Wednesday and received a call from them Thursday morning. And Jim came that afternoon. I loved the little bootees that he put on. Jim was polite and very professional answer all questions he did a great job. I would call Drain Works again for any Plumbing job that I have.

**Thanks Merle** We appreciate the review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is rewarding to know that you were happy with the service from start to finish. We do look forward to hearing from you should you require assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

Diane in south Mississauga

We received prompt service on the day the plugged drain problem occurred. Drainworks worker used a camera and snake to locate and fix the stoppage. On their recommendation they returned and replaced old, original cast iron pipe from house to septic. Added clean-outs to mitigate future problems. Excellent work.

**Thanks Diane** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for sharing your experience here for all to see. It is very gratifying to know that you were happy with our service from start to finish. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks and for sharing these kind words. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future.

thepix from Toronto

Very happy with how Matt from DrainWorks resolved my clogged drain. He was patient and very careful not to make a mess by laying down a waterproof cloth. He provided a walkthrough while he showed me how to remove the plastic pipe. Detected the clog (10' down the pipe) while snaking. He did some extra work addressing a light leak at the bottom of the pipe.

**Thanks thepix** We are very grateful for the review and are thrilled that you were happy with the service provided. We definitely pat attention to details and make customer service our top priority; it is so rewarding to have our efforts acknowledged. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing, we look forward to hearing from you should you require drain or plumbing assistance again in the future.

More about DrainWorks Plumbing

DrainWorks Plumbing is a customer-first, Toronto-based plumbing company. All our plumbers are 100% licensed, insured, commission-free, and of course professionally trained! We take great pride in having won the Consumer Choice Award for Drain Service Excellence in Toronto and GTA 13 years in a row – the only plumbing company with this distinct honour. Reflective of this, we are also one of the most reviewed companies on HomeStars in North America! We are also proud to say that we have been chosen (again) as the "best plumber in the city" by Toronto Life magazine, as evidenced by their "Busy person's survival guide" issue. High praise from a wonderful and trusted publication!
We employ full-time salaried plumbers rather than commission-based plumbers that are motivated to up-sell you. All of the DrainWorks plumbers in Toronto and surrounding areas are fully licensed, insured, and professionally trained. We are also proud to say that 100% of our employees have been with us for 10 years or more.

Further, we've recently had the honor of being one of a select few companies across all trades, hand picked by Gemini award winning TV host and contractor, Bryan Baeumler, of HGTV's Leave it to Bryan and Disaster DIY to be Baeumler Approved. A high mark of quality, indeed.

You can count on DrainWorks for all your plumbing and drain-related needs in Toronto. Our plumbers are ready for your call with clear and upfront pricing and will always arrive on-time and fully prepared with everything they can foreseeably need.
DrainWorks Plumbing also likes to help and support our local Toronto community and charities, such as for the Easter Seals and SickKids Foundation.
Please take a few moments to read these plumbing reviews from our customers, and peruse our coupons in our gallery, so you too can learn about and take advantage of the ‘DrainWorks Difference’. We hope you choose us for your next call to the plumber!