Drainage Contractors

416-486-0000
80 Nealon Avenue
Toronto
M4K 1Z2

Right from the start with appointment booking call till the end of the repair, the team provides excellent service. I will definitely call Drainworks again on all my future repairs.

**Thanks Derek** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service provided from start to finish. We look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks!

David Drew from Toronto
David Drew from Toronto

10 ft down

This was an ugly job that was handled efficiently very little stress for me .
They scoped they calculated and they hit the problem dead on . I have never seen two guys dig 10 ft straight down in such a organized manner . They were contentious extremely tidy and their clean up was beyond my expectations.
Highly recommended
DD

**Thanks David** It was a pleasure reading your review to learn that you were so happy with our service from start to finish. It is very rewarding for us to know that we could be of assistance and to have our efforts acknowledged. Thank you so much for the kind words and for sharing this experience here for all to see. We look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain service again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

Jess in East York
Jess in East York

Clogged sink and P-trap replacement

The 2 plumbers, Lou and Jim, managed to fix my clogged sink and leakage within a day. They were knowledgable and professional. They also cleaned up after :) I felt that they care about their customers.

**Thanks Jess** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for taking the time to share this experience here. It is very rewarding to know that you were so happy with the service and that we could be of assistance. Customer service is top priority here at DrainWorks, so we are pleased to have you take notice of our efforts; thank you again. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future.

Brock and Mindy from Markham
Brock and Mindy from Markham

Prompt and great service

416-486-0000
80 Nealon Avenue
Toronto
M4K 1Z2

We had a leaky faucet at our company. We contacted a few plumbers but none were available. Drainworks came within the hour and found and fixed the issue. Their service was excellent and they charged a fair rate. I would recommend them, I am confident they would not you down.

**Thanks Brock and Mindy** We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your feedback. It is rewarding to know we could be of such quick assistance to you. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks, we hope to be the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future.

Gingko in Thornhill
Gingko in Thornhill

Quote on toilet repair. Improper solution. Unreasonable pricing.

My tenant reported problems with three toilets. I called DrainWorks to repair because I read positive reviews online. However, the plumber failed to give the right solutions and thus asked for unreasonable price.

The plumber’s diagnose and quote are as follows for 3 toilets A/B/C.
A. Leaking. Toilet tank completely fails, and needs to be rebuilt with new parts. $384+HST.
B. Fillvalve fails and floater gets stuck on top. To replace fillvalve. $218+HST.
C. Leaking. Parts not working. Drainworks does not have American Standard parts. So client order and supply parts. Drainwork comeback another day and install. $268+HST (based on his estimated 1.5 hours labor time).
The total cost would be $983.1 including tax. In addition, I will have to buy parts for the toilet C…No warranty due to older toilet.

I did not hire the plumber to do the job. My reasons were: 1. the quote is way too high. The cost of labor and parts should not be that high based on common sense. 2. a plumber who does not have parts, does not know what parts are available on the market, and needs 1.5 hours to install parts in one toilet tank is not a qualified one. After I said no, the plumber was willing to reduce the quote for the second toilet to $99+HST which I did not accepted either. I paid $69+HST for DrainWorks’ on-site quote.

I took a closer look at the three toilets myself after Drainwork plumber left. I managed to fix all of them with less than $20.

A. Toilet fillvale and floater were working well. Only the flapper did not fit well because it had worn and was stretched. I bought a new flapper from Home Depot and spend 2 min to replace the old one. Toilet stops leaking.
B. The floater was too high. I made minor adjustment and lowered the floater. It works perfectly fine.
C. All parts were good. Only the flapper needs to be replaced. It is true that the parts are a little bit special. However, I bought a Korky toilet seal ring from Home depot. It is designed for American Standard toilet. I replaced the seal in 5 min. Toilet stops leaking.

The flapper and seal are less than $20 in total, and it took me a few minutes to replace parts. I am young and do not have experience in plumbing. DrainWorks might be good at fixing other plumbing issues, but definitely not toilets. Replacing all the parts will solve the problem. But is it the right solution?

Thanks Yang Liu, looking at your invoice of our diagnostic service ,as you requested, was to quote multiple repairs of your tenants toilets with different price options, as well as a price for client supplied parts.
Its unfortunate that you don't agree with our recommendations from our licensed plumber nor our pricing which comes right out of a printed price book.
You refer to booking a call with us because of all the positive reviews keep in mind those clients experience the same pricing out of the same book. If we can be of assistance to discuss this further please don't hesitate to call our office.

L Pearen in Scarborough
L Pearen in Scarborough

Basement drain

This company is the most professional and prompt in visits and phone calls. They answer all question and explain every inch of what they are doing before going ahead. L am very happy with them.

**Thanks L** We appreciate your review. It is rewarding to know that you were happy with our service. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks, we look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require service again in the future.

Basement Laundry Room Drain Back-up

Over the course of a few days, we had water in our basement laundry room coming in from a floor drain during heavy rains. A neighbour recommended Drainworks, and I have also seen their trucks in the neighbourhood of 1940's homes before. I left a message before office hours and heard back first thing in the morning. I received a second call confirming exactly when to expect Jim, who arrived exactly as promised. He was professional and informative, explaining everything that the video scope was showing, and what it meant to the operation of our plumbing. Having fixed the immediate problem, which was a clog in the pipe downstream, without hard selling, he suggested improvements that should at some point be made - primarily replacing sections of original clay pipes that had not been fully addressed by previous home owners and/or renovations. All in all - job well done, with high integrity, professionalism and cleanliness. Thank you Jim and Drainworks for the excellent service and for educating me on what we will need to address in future.

**Thanks** It was a pleasure reading your review to learn that you were so happy with our service from start to finish. It is very rewarding for us to know that we could be of assistance and to have our efforts acknowledged. Thank you so much for the kind words and for sharing this experience here for all to see. We look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain service again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

Faucet replacement

Had an issue where I thought the pipes were broken underneath kitchen sink. Turned out, after the initial assessment, the whole faucet needed to be replaced. Jim, the plumber who came to my unit, had a faucet on hand and fixed the whole issue on spot. Took about 1 hr to do everything from start to finish. Very efficient! Reasonable pricing but definitely peace of mind that there won’t be leakage. Definitely recommend!

**Thanks** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for sharing your experience and for your recommendation. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service provided from start to finish. We look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks.

Sarah  from Toronto
Sarah from Toronto

Clog in the sewer? No problem

I had a clogged basement drain. I called Drainworks and was given a super fast response. They arrived right when they said they would. The service technician’s name was Matt (I hope I remembered that correctly) and was extremely professional. He explained everything he was doing, showed me on the camera afterwards, and gave good advice for any future work I need. From the gentleman I spoke to on the phone, to the technician at my house every thing was fantastic. AND as if the world isn’t small enough, it turns out The technician was the same one that came out in 2006 when I needed most of the sewer drain replaced (from the ancient clay to new plastic) and they were amazing then too. That was a big job, but they were fast, professional and very clean. Having the same staff 13 years later reflects very well on a company. Drainworks is my “go-to” plumbing’s company I call if I have a problem.

**Thanks Sarah** We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your experience and for your recommendation. It is pleasing to know that we could again be of assistance and that you were happy with our service from start to finish. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks, we look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require service again in the future.

Cristina from Thornhill
Cristina from Thornhill

Clogged shower drain

I have received a very professional service from DrainWorks - from the prompt request to my inquiry and booking a same-day appointment, to showing up on time, troubleshooting and addressing the clog and providing tips and tricks on how to keep our pipes in good shape. Thank you Matt, for a job well done.

**Thanks Cristina** We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your experience here for all to see. It is pleasing to know that you were so satisfied with the service from start to finish. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future.

More about DrainWorks Plumbing

DrainWorks Plumbing is a customer-first, Toronto-based plumbing company. All our plumbers are 100% licensed, insured, commission-free, and of course professionally trained! We take great pride in having won the Consumer Choice Award for Drain Service Excellence in Toronto and GTA 13 years in a row – the only plumbing company with this distinct honour. Reflective of this, we are also one of the most reviewed companies on HomeStars in North America! We are also proud to say that we have been chosen (again) as the "best plumber in the city" by Toronto Life magazine, as evidenced by their "Busy person's survival guide" issue. High praise from a wonderful and trusted publication!
We employ full-time salaried plumbers rather than commission-based plumbers that are motivated to up-sell you. All of the DrainWorks plumbers in Toronto and surrounding areas are fully licensed, insured, and professionally trained. We are also proud to say that 100% of our employees have been with us for 10 years or more.

Further, we've recently had the honor of being one of a select few companies across all trades, hand picked by Gemini award winning TV host and contractor, Bryan Baeumler, of HGTV's Leave it to Bryan and Disaster DIY to be Baeumler Approved. A high mark of quality, indeed.

You can count on DrainWorks for all your plumbing and drain-related needs in Toronto. Our plumbers are ready for your call with clear and upfront pricing and will always arrive on-time and fully prepared with everything they can foreseeably need.
DrainWorks Plumbing also likes to help and support our local Toronto community and charities, such as for the Easter Seals and SickKids Foundation.
Please take a few moments to read these plumbing reviews from our customers, and peruse our coupons in our gallery, so you too can learn about and take advantage of the ‘DrainWorks Difference’. We hope you choose us for your next call to the plumber!