DrainWorks Plumbing

Reviews for DrainWorks Plumbing

SMB in Toronto
SMB in Toronto

Complete basement drainage project

We were extremely fortunate to have secured Drainworks services, recommended by a family member, as we needed an issue in our basement assessed. We discovered the project was significant, involving a complete overhaul of water and sewage piping related to a previous owner’s badly completed renovation. Drainworks was top notch on all counts. Professional, skilled, thorough work based on clear accurate estimates, options provided for decisions, clean work sites left each day, and excellent communication. They addressed a complicated set of serious issues and we have confidence in the results. Supervisor Jim Farr was knowledgeable and quite exceptional throughout. All of the team were pleasant and skilled. Have already recommended them and would use their services again.

**Thanks SMB** We are very grateful for your review and thank you for taking the time to share this experience here for all to see. It is gratifying to know that you were so satisfied with our service, and we thank you for acknowledging our efforts. We look forward to hearing from you in the future should you require drain or plumbing service again. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing and for your recommendation.

Randy in San Francisco
Randy in San Francisco

Replacement of clay sewer pipes, basement drain, basement shower trap with installation of backwater valve

With a basement shower drain blocked by tree roots, no working basement drain, and the desire for a backwater valve, we decided to replace our entire 100-year-old clay basement drain system with new PVC pipes. We had had Drainworks do good work for us previously, but as this was a big job we got three quotes. Drainworks had the lowest price and also said they could do the work in three day ups, compared to up to five for the other companies. The Drainworks crew did all the work on budget and on time. They re-routed the drain from the main stack to save the tiled floor in the basement bathroom, dug under a built-in storage unit to keep it intact, and only removed a couple of shelves in the unit (which are easily put back together and not visible with the doors closed in any case) to find the kitchen drain, which was hidden behind the drywall and the built-in. All the work was done with minimal disruption to ourselves and our neighbours (our house is semi-detached), and the crew left the place clean and tidy. I would not hesitate to recommend Drainworks for any home plumbing job, big or small.

**Thanks Randy** It was a pleasure reading your review to learn how happy you were with the service provided. Thank you for sharing this experience, it is rewarding to have our efforts acknowledged. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing and for your recommendation. We look forward to hearing from you in the future should you require drain or plumbing service again.

Wafer in East York
Wafer in East York

Plumbing

I called drainworks for aclogged kitchen sink. Jim arrived on time , provided upfront pricing. He cleared the drain and pipe my kitchen sink new with future access in needed for snaking. Iwill call them in the future if i should needaplumber.

**Thanks Wafer** We appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to share this experience. It is rewarding to know you were satisfied with our service and it is a great pleasure to know that we could be of assistance. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing. We look forward to hearing from you in the future should you require drain or plumbing service again.

Geoff in East York
Geoff in East York

Very Happy

My neighbors' drain had backed up. I met Armando outside my house. i was aware that our drains had roots and other problems. After a thorough inspection and professional conversation we developed a detailed quotation to replace all of our drains, including the outside portion. In three days the job was completed and the final inspection confirmed for me that the job was very well done. They took the time to explain the system and how it works, sent a camera down the new system right to the main. Armandos team was very professional and fast. They tarped everything (the floor walls & stairs), and cleaned up the work area completely. The workers were all friendly and courteous, very careful with my possessions. I feel that i received excellent service and would recommend this company to anyone looking for a responsible contractor with comprehensive quotations, good customer service and a lifetime warranty.

**Thanks Geoff** It was a pleasure reading your review and learning just how happy you were with our service from start to finish. Thank you so much for sharing this experience here for all to see. It is very rewarding to have our efforts acknowledged by you, and we thank you for the strong recommendation; it is really appreciated! We look forward to hearing from you should you require assistance again in the future. Thanks for making DrainWorks your choice for your plumbing and drain needs.

Moira in Kanata
Moira in Kanata

Plumbing Repairs

We needed urgent repair done at the house, and Drain Works did an excellent job. Two excellent employees, Chris and Luke , arrived promptly and correct the problems in a very professional way. Delighted with the quality of the work, and also that they left the place clean and neat. I give 10 stars out of 10 stars for DrainWorks. I will recommend them highly to friends , family and neighbours etc.

**Thanks, Moira** It was a pleasure reading your review to learn how happy you were with our service. Thank you for sharing this experience here for all to see. We appreciate your recommendation of DrainWorks Plumbing and we look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks.

Corroded and cracked pipes

We were in need of immediate help with outdated pipes in the middle of winter. This company came exactly when they said they would. They showed us exactly what we needed. They told us how much, how long and what to expect. Their service was first rate. And after all was done (on time) they showed us the result and checked to make sure it was done properly. This company gives excellent service and guarantees their work. They were polite, respectful, punctual and they cleaned up thoroughly in record time. They answered all our questions and we highly recommend them. We are artists and we do not know much about this type of work but after working with DrainWorks we are so much less stressed out about this type of thing. THANK YOU SO MUCH DrainWorks.

**Thanks** We appreciate your review and your high recommendation. THANK YOU so much for taking the time to share this glowing review with us here for all to see. It is rewarding for us to know how happy you were with our service. We certainly look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing!

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Basement Drains Blocked

Recently, when our washing machine drained, it backed up a floor drain into a pool on the floor. Called DrainWorks and got a quote for snaking. Armando came promptly, snaked it twice and each time pulled out large chunks of roots. Water would still not drain so he recommended digging and replacing the plugged sections of clay tile. His crew arrived promptly the next day, dug up the plugged sections and did a camera inspection of the remaining drain lines. They then installed PVC pipe to current code and filled and concreted the floor. The crew (Matthew, Eugene, Stefan et al) did a great job - very professional, good workmanship, neat and quick. They showed us what they were doing and why and provided prices for each step (initial snaking, original 10 ft drain replacement, and the final much longer replacement). I highly recommend them.

**Thanks John** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for sharing your experience with us here for all to see. It is very rewarding to know you were so happy with our service and we definitely appreciate your high recommendation. Thanks again for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to reply on should you need assistance again in the future.

J. Hancock in North York
J. Hancock in North York

Backwater valve/inside replacement of drain pipe in basement

I called Drainworks after reading the reviews on Homestars. I was having issues with a gurgling basement toilet while doing laundry. Armando arrived the next day and put a camera in the drain and found a tree root had grown into the outside piping. He fixed part of the clog in the drain but recommended replacing the drain under the front lawn where the root was. I requested a backwater valve and he recommended replacement of basement drain pipes. The next day they showed up. Dug up the floor in the basement. Replaced the drains. Put in a backwater valve. Matt came back to do the final inspection. What a great guy. Put the camera through the pipes again. Ground up part of the root through the pipe with some tool and now I have some time to figure out how to remove the tree in order to replace the pipes. Excellent service. From the gentleman who answered my first call to Armando, Matt and the gentleman who did the digging.....first rate service.

I will definitely use Drainworks for any future plumbing work.

**Thanks J.Hancock** It was a pleasure reading you review to learn how satisfied you were with our service from initial phone call to completion. We are delighted to know that you found our service excellent and first rate. Thank you so much for sharing this review with us here for all to see. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you need assistance again in the future. Thanks again for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

Pjeter in Toronto
Pjeter in Toronto

OVERPRICED. QUOTING NOT NEEDED WORK. TAKING AWAY OLD PIPES, FAUCET WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

I called the main number spoke to someone (receptionist) who gave me tons of attitude and was asking me more questions than trying to answer my complains I had.. Would not recommend them.
I had one of the workers, who changed my sink and part of the tubing. Recommended changing the other facets, toilets etc. etc. which was not why I had called the Drain Works for.
These guys keep adding hidden prices out of nowhere. Charged me $662.18 to change on faucet and part of the tubing. Extremely expensive. Then he gave me a quote for two other faucets, which was nothing wrong with them, except for a small leak which had even stopped leaking by the time he was inspecting the sink. He then took one of the sinks apart without my permission and took those parts with him. My impression is that Drain Works uses these used (old) parts and sells them to the next customer and the cycle continues.
Each quote for each sink (faucet + one plastic tube) change parts included for $1150.00 plus HST. This is ridiculously over priced.
I got another quote just today and they are gonna get one faucet fixed for $310.00 plus HST.
Shop around, do your math, DO NOT HIRE DRAIN WORKS EVER. Save yourself your hard earning money. I am thinking to take them to small claims court and or post this onto a Facebook page.
I am waiting for a response from receptionist. I will give him 2 days before my next step.
with them, except for a small leak which had even stopped leaking by the time he was inspecting the sink. He then took one of the sinks apart without my permission and placed them in his truck. My impression is that Drain Works uses these used (old) parts and sells them to the next customer and the cycle continues.
He then gave me a quote for each sink (faucet + one plastic tube) change parts included for $1150.00 plus HST. This is ridiculously overpriced.
I got another quote just today from another plumber for $310.00 plus HST.

Pjeter. We are puzzled with your review regarding price. DrainWorks always provides pricing upfront for approval before we begin. You chose to proceed with the work as quoted straight out of the written pricing guide book. You were never forced to proceed with the quote and you certainly could have shopped around if you wanted; but please note that our pricing is competitive and in line with industry standards and you can be certain that the price you were quoted would have been the same for anyone else. Regarding your impression about the reusing of old parts or touching plumbing without your permission, well that simply is not the case. DrainWorks definitely does not reuse old parts and we do not proceed with any work at your home without your permission. At DrainWorks we pride ourselves on being upfront and transparent. It is this approach that has garnered us so many positive reviews, as testament to our level of service.

olivia in Toronto
olivia in Toronto

Great service

Great service from Chris. The appointment was to install a toilet (which was done just great) but also investigated water damage issue near the bath tub plumbing. Chris stayed an extra 3 hours and found the issue and resolved it. All in the same visit. Very professional. He also took care of all the garbage and put the old toilet and the box from the new toilet in my garage for me.

**Thanks Olivia** We are very grateful for the review and thank you for taking to time to share this experience here for all to see. It is very rewarding to know you were so happy with the service and the efficiency of having everything dealt with on the spot. Thanks again for the glowing review and for choosing DrainWorks. We look forward to hearing from you should you require assistance again in the future.

More about DrainWorks Plumbing

DrainWorks Plumbing is a customer-first, Toronto-based plumbing company. All our plumbers are 100% licensed, insured, commission-free, and of course professionally trained! We take great pride in having won the Consumer Choice Award for Drain Service Excellence in Toronto and GTA 13 years in a row – the only plumbing company with this distinct honour. Reflective of this, we are also one of the most reviewed companies on HomeStars in North America! We are also proud to say that we have been chosen (again) as the "best plumber in the city" by Toronto Life magazine, as evidenced by their "Busy person's survival guide" issue. High praise from a wonderful and trusted publication!
We employ full-time salaried plumbers rather than commission-based plumbers that are motivated to up-sell you. All of the DrainWorks plumbers in Toronto and surrounding areas are fully licensed, insured, and professionally trained. We are also proud to say that 100% of our employees have been with us for 10 years or more.

Further, we've recently had the honor of being one of a select few companies across all trades, hand picked by Gemini award winning TV host and contractor, Bryan Baeumler, of HGTV's Leave it to Bryan and Disaster DIY to be Baeumler Approved. A high mark of quality, indeed.

You can count on DrainWorks for all your plumbing and drain-related needs in Toronto. Our plumbers are ready for your call with clear and upfront pricing and will always arrive on-time and fully prepared with everything they can foreseeably need.
DrainWorks Plumbing also likes to help and support our local Toronto community and charities, such as for the Easter Seals and SickKids Foundation.
Please take a few moments to read these plumbing reviews from our customers, and peruse our coupons in our gallery, so you too can learn about and take advantage of the ‘DrainWorks Difference’. We hope you choose us for your next call to the plumber!