Drain Works Plumbing

Reviews for Drain Works Plumbing

Moira Lauren
Moira Lauren

Excellent plumbing work

Drainworks did another excellent job recently on the plumbing at our house. Very professional, and did exceptional work. I heartily recommended Drainworks for plumbing issues. The work was well done, the service prompt . Five stars out of five stars.

**Thanks Moira** We are very grateful for your review and we thank you for your patronage, your high recommendation, and for taking the time to share it here. It really is very rewarding to know that you are so happy with our service. As always, if you ever need plumbing or drain assistance again in the future, we are here for you. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

Not satisfied

I'm very unhappy with the experience.

They performed a repair and said they offer no guarantee for their work. I'm okay with a professional not backing up their work only when: 1. they charge very little for the work, or 2. they tell me the repair is unlikely to fix the issue. Neither of which was the case here.

Unfortunately I wasn't there when they came to do the repair and my mother-in-law signed off on this (I wouldn't have). They did some work, left, and the issue wasn't resolved.

The bottom line: I hired a reputable plumbing company, paid full price, the issue wasn't resolved, and my wallet is $300 lighter.

It is unfortunate you feel this way. We are transparent and upfront with whom we meet with onsite and only begin service with their approval. The service we provided did successfully get the system flowing, but the system required more work to fix it and bring it up to code, which we recommended and left a quote for. You declined to proceed with the quote for the fix. We cannot provide a warranty if proper repairs are declined. If you would like a further explanation on the work required, please call our office.

Lee
Lee

Replace breather vent / sewer cleanout

The team showed up on time, worked efficiently and were very tidy - placing all dirt that needed to be dug up on a tarp. Once the pipe was exposed they explained what my options were, and executed the solution immediately. I am very happy with the work and plan to use them again when I replace all the clay pipes under my house.

**Thanks Lee** We are so grateful for your review and are so very pleased that you were happy with our service. Thank you for sharing your experience here for all to see, we truly appreciate it. We definitely look forward to being of assistance when you chose to complete the remaining upgrade. Thanks for making DrainWorks Plumbing your choice for your plumbing and drain needs.

Maggione in Mississauga
Maggione in Mississauga

Replacement of Drains

I ran into drain problems about a week ago and Drain Works Plumbing was recommended to me. I called them and they promptly scheduled an appointment. When they came they quickly assessed the problem (I have a one hundred year old house which had original clay drains with significant tree root infiltration). This is not an item I had on my New Year's wish list but these things always happen when you never expect them. After the initial assessment and some initial work they strongly recommended I replace the clay drains. Not being familiar with this type of work I had a lot of questions and the supervisor took the time to very thoroughly explain what needed to be done and why. I approved the work and most of the drains were replaced in 3 days! The team who completed the work was very professional and organized. The work involved digging both outside the house and in the basement and I have to admit I was very apprehensive about how my house would look like at the end of it. To my surprise, they were able to replace the majority of the trains without much disruption. The exterior looks like it was never touched and the basement only requires one small room to be refurbished. Overall I am very happy with how everything went. The cost was reasonable for the work that was done and again, the staff very qualified, courteous, and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Drain Works.

**Thanks Maggione** It was an absolute pleasure reading your review to learn that you were so happy with our service. It is very rewarding for us to know that we could be of assistance and for you to acknowledge our efforts. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

miranda from Toronto
miranda from Toronto

Bathroom shower work

Called with a bathtub faucet that had come off. Prompt response and fix done. However, next day noticed leak coming from shower head down to main floor ceiling. Called back and quick response again. Assessed issue with pipe fitting, provided 2 options, and went ahead with option to change faucet and piping. Unfortunately, decreased water pressure after so called again. Quick response and fixed sediment which was in shower head fitting. Although I can't draw a line between the initial faucet fix and the shower head fitting leak, it never leaked before and did immediately after the repair, requiring a pricey fix. I also can't say with certainty that the sediment wasn't there before, but I never had water pressure issues until after the shower head repair. So 2 extra visits that I'm not convinced were warranted. That said, the response was always quick, the plumber was open and informative and clean.

**Thanks Miranda** We appreciate your feedback. At DrainWorks Plumbing we do all we can to provide the best recommendations and service, and although our return visits were not warranty related, in the name of customer service we did do them at no charge. We also worked hard with your schedule to provide the quickest service possible. We do value your choosing DrainWorks Plumbing and we do hope to hear from you should you require assistance again in the future.

Pippin Wright in East York
Pippin Wright in East York

Kitchen renovation and bathroom repair

We just finished our kitchen renovations and thanks to DrainWorks quick professional and friendly service we were able to relocate the position of the dishwasher without and problems. The area they were working in was left tidy! Their workmanship is outstanding. I would deffinately recommend them to friends and family !!!!

**Thanks Pippin** We are very grateful for your review and thank you for sharing your experience. It is rewarding to know that you were so happy with our service and that we could be of assistance. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks and for your high recommendation. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require service again in the future.

Spicer
Spicer

Sewer drains and more

Drainworks staff know what they are doing.
Excellent service from phone call to completion of job.
Matt came for the initial consultation and was thorough in settingpiut expectations and scope of job.
Armando headed the actual job which was over a week and included two other neighbours was done in a professionally, clearly quoted, completed before time, cleaned up and done with minimal interaction with me. That said, Armando was available for all questions and concerns and even came back a day after the job because of a small problem. Jean Paul at the office and Armando coordinated within a few minutes to get it sorted within the hour. Couldn’t ask for more!

**Thanks Spicer** We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your experience here for all to see. It is rewarding for us to know that you were happy with our service. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks! We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require service again in the future.

Maria D. in East York
Maria D. in East York

service

Prompt service. This is fourth time I called them. Twice for kitchen drain clogging, once for new taps for shower and this time for drain installation for dishwasher. Luke was friendly and knowledgeable.
Did a good job and stayed to test for any leaks so that we did not have to call him back. Thank you.

**Thanks Maria** It was a pleasure reading your review to learn that you were happy with this service, and with all prior service visits; thank you for your patronage. It is very rewarding for us to know that we could be of assistance and for you to acknowledge our efforts. Thank you so much for sharing this experience. We look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain service again in the future. Thanks for continually choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

maryd
maryd

service failure

I was a customer with Drainworks for decades, and I always found them to be both courteous and efficient. Until this summer, when old pipes leaked and caused damage on three floors of my house. Their guy came, looked, charged $300 and left without finding where the leak was. But worse, when my contractor, recommended by Drainworks, asked if the Drainworks plumber could give him a call to let him know what he found or didn't find, I requested that of Drainworks, and I called twice (the pipes still leaking) without getting a response. The next morning I called again, and the general manager got on the phone and YELLED at me. He said I had no right to ask their plumber to call the contractor, and he was nasty and interrupted me and did not let me say anything. I was shocked and upset. He wouldn't stop yelling so I told him I'd never call Drainworks again and hung up. I was shaking. I since wrote them, to give them a chance to mend the relationship, and got no response, which is why I'm writing this now. Even if I had been unreasonable, even if I had been the one yelling, which I wasn't, there's no excuse for treating your customer like that. Incidentally, the second plumber I called showed up and made the fix in one day. That company has my business now.

It is unfortunate you feel this way regarding our service, since it was us who immediately went to your property while you were on vacation to assess the issue. With our onsite visit we were able to advise you on a course of action, which was to have a general contractor out to open walls further to investigate. We called you while onsite, but unfortunately we could not get a hold of you, and had to leave the information, both verbally and written with the tenant you left in charge in your absence. You called us back after 9pm when our office was closed, but your call was returned first thing the following morning and a call was placed to the general contractor at the same time. You were both advised that there was no info the plumber could pass on, further wall opening was required to investigate and expose the source of the leak. The scope of wall opening required was not a service we offered. We understand that you were frustrated having an unknown leak at your property while being away on vacation, but even still, disregarding our recommendation and repeatedly demanded a course of action from us that would lead to no resolution, was just counterproductive. Not being able to do what you request is not anger or yelling, it’s just the facts. Again, sorry you feel this way, but there was no other way to move forward other than to hire a general contractor to go to your home as recommended.

Jeff Krymalowski from Old Toronto
Jeff Krymalowski from Old Toronto

Basement Drain Replacement

Drainworks were right on time for their quote, and extremely clear and professional.

In terms of the work, they did exactly what they said they'd do - were very professional throughout the job, and cleaned up as well as possible afterwards.

**Thanks Jeff** We appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is rewarding to know we could be of assistance and that you were happy from start to finish. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks, we hope to be the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future.

More about Drain Works Plumbing

DrainWorks Plumbing is a customer-first, Toronto-based plumbing company. All our plumbers are 100% licensed, insured, commission-free, and of course professionally trained! We take great pride in having won the Consumer Choice Award for Drain Service Excellence in Toronto and GTA 13 years in a row – the only plumbing company with this distinct honour. Reflective of this, we are also one of the most reviewed companies on HomeStars in North America! We are also proud to say that we have been chosen (again) as the "best plumber in the city" by Toronto Life magazine, as evidenced by their "Busy person's survival guide" issue. High praise from a wonderful and trusted publication!
We employ full-time salaried plumbers rather than commission-based plumbers that are motivated to up-sell you. All of the DrainWorks plumbers in Toronto and surrounding areas are fully licensed, insured, and professionally trained. We are also proud to say that 100% of our employees have been with us for 10 years or more.

Further, we've recently had the honor of being one of a select few companies across all trades, hand picked by Gemini award winning TV host and contractor, Bryan Baeumler, of HGTV's Leave it to Bryan and Disaster DIY to be Baeumler Approved. A high mark of quality, indeed.

You can count on DrainWorks for all your plumbing and drain-related needs in Toronto. Our plumbers are ready for your call with clear and upfront pricing and will always arrive on-time and fully prepared with everything they can foreseeably need.
DrainWorks Plumbing also likes to help and support our local Toronto community and charities, such as for the Easter Seals and SickKids Foundation.
Please take a few moments to read these plumbing reviews from our customers, so you too can learn about and take advantage of the ‘DrainWorks Difference’. We hope you choose us for your next call to the plumber!