The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Reviews for The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Happy Customer in
Happy Customer in

Very Happy with Service

My Wife and I were very happy with the service we received from the staff at the Chesterfield Shop (Kennedy location). From our knowledgeable (and patient with us!) salesperson Robert, to the delivery staff we couldn't have been happier. Their product selection was high quality in construction, and the motorized options are cheaper than we found at competitors. Unfortunately for us, we have a challenging configuration in our basement and the product we bought, and had them deliver and assemble, didn't work from a functional layout perspective. Sometimes, even with measurements it can be hard to tell how a room will function. Their customer service representative Diana was very professional to deal with, and they were able to quickly facilitate the return. We were referred to the Chesterfield Shop by a friend who was a customer, and now we will happily return as customers and recommend them to our friends.

Worst service ever! Warrenty not valid!

The night we recieved our leather couch we pointed out some flaws to the delivery guy one of the main concerns being the hide stamp that was right in the middle of the shez. The number 90 that was very visible was pointed out to the delivery guy who was also shocked to see this. I asked him to contact his manager to see if this is something they would be fixing if not then I would send the couch back. After we spoke to his manager we were reassured that everything would be fixed. After contacting customer service and having their repair guy come to the house, he reassured us that we would recieve new cushions....after 8 weeks we ate still waiting and being brushed off. Apparently this is a natural element of the hide....don't see this in their showrooms! So frustrated and angry at the service. I would NEVER recomend this company! EVER! We were so happy to buying a Canadian made couch and now so disapointed.

Marsha
Marsha

Excellent

When I talked to Ted at the Kennedy store, he explained about the quality of the materials and workmanship used in the sectional I was considering. We discussed the choices I would make and the timeline on delivery. I emailed the company on a Sunday night asking if I could get a fabric sample and my reply on Monday morning said it would be mailed to me. Two days later I received it. The delivery was on time and the workers were careful in my newly painted room. I received a thank you email from Ted for choosing the Chesterfield Shop. There was a snag on one cushion which could have been from our usage but Diana at the office said another one would be delivered to me.
Nothing but courtesy and caring, as well as pride in their products, from this excellent company. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for value as well as a rewarding shopping experience.

apple in Toronto
apple in Toronto

Sectional Sofa

Slightly used sofa pilled and stitching came apart. Tried to claim that it was out of the warranty and they would send a repair person out of courtesy. I have emails showing that I was clearly within the warranty. Repair person came out and stitched (very noticeable difference between the original stitching and the repaired section) the sofa but would not fix the pilling. When I asked customer service why they wouldn't fix the pilling the response was ... because the repair person doesn't have time to go out to shave everyone's couch that pills(the repair person was working on the couch already, it would have taken him another 15 minutes). The repair person gave me the real reason which was that they were concerned that if they shaved the pilling and more damage happened to the sofa they would be responsible. LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT BACKED BY THE CHESTERFIELD SHOP

Sectional

Purchased a fabric sectional sofa from The Chesterfield Shop. Asked the sales person what dimensions they needed to ensure that the couch would fit. They said as long as you have a regular sized doorway then there wouldn't be any problems. Waited 9 weeks for delivery only to find out that the larger piece of the sectional could not be taken out of the elevator. Our hallway is by no means narrow. Called our salesperson and got no sympathy. We were told our options were to get the sectional cut for a $500 or to get store credit and pick out a new couch. This was the one and only couch we liked across all Toronto furniture stores and at The Chesterfield Shop. This is ridiculous and obvious cash grab! The salesperson was clearly just after the money and didn't care about customer service. waiting to hear back from head office now to see what can be done.

On the other hand, delivery guys were very pleasant and professional. They showed up on time.

Ken Headley in Toronto
Ken Headley in Toronto

Twin leather seats with consul

Rude service! Never buy a white alabaster twin theatre seats from this company! I did for 2000 dollars and in 5 months the seats became blackened and ugly. Under the warrantee I thought that I was covered for dye from the product. Apparently only my clothes were under warantee if dye from the leather went into them. They told me one of my friends with cheap jeans must have sat down and the dye had gone into the leather. Anyway they gave me the name of a company who could fix it for about 400 dollars. We should have been warned by the salesman and they should be more specific with the warantee.They said we had misused the leather. I will never buy from this company again

Helen in North York
Helen in North York

Poor Quality Leather Sofas

We bought 2 leather sofas from the Chesterfield shop in 2014 and I will never buy from them again. We started having problems with them after about a year and a half. The sofas are constructed with leather cushioning and with vinyl between the cushions. The vinyl started to crack and the cracks have gotten bigger. They told us that they sofas were under warranty but guess what? if you do not contact them within a week or so of the crack first appearing they will not cover it. Most importantly the warranty does not cover cracks! I bought a leather set from the Chesterfield shop in 2004 and I have not had any trouble with it. They must have changed their supplies. I will never buy from them again. We will be throwing this set in the garbage within the next year. They look horrible. I would add an image but this site does not allow it.

Marie in Milton
Marie in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

great service

Bought leather recliners and couches at the Mississauga store. Had an issue with the leather starting to peel after one year of use. Earl, who took care of our problem was amazing. He replaced the furniture promptly and explained that we had a bad batch of leather and they delivered the new furniture at replacement value in a timely manner. It is so nice to have a store today that truly cares about the customer. I highly recommend.

Christina McLain in Toronto
Christina McLain in Toronto

red leather couch

I bought a couch from this company less than 7 years ago. Have no children or pets.. The couch leather has started to crackle and leave white patches underneath.What really maddens me is that I had a leather couch I bought from Eatons in 1992 and it is still in good shape but my new couch looks terrible. Apparently this company is "outsourcing" and whoever is now making the furniture is obviously cutting corners. Disgusted.

Gagan Dhindsa from Mississauga
Gagan Dhindsa from Mississauga

Sectional leather couch

We were shopping for a large sectional couch for our family room and went to chesterfield in mississauga.Great experience!!They have quite a large selection of leather and can customize it depending on needs.
Sal and Dennis helped us to get what we need.
They were a great help.Scheduled delivery was on time.Had a fantastic experience.For sure will go there again for future needs and will recommend it to family and friends

More about The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

The Chesterfield Shop. . . Your Leather and Fabric Superstore & More! Since 1948, this family owned and operated chain of Leather, Fabric and Home Theatre seating superstores, has been prouding serving generations of satisfied customers who keep coming back again and again for the great selection, quality, service and ...
Looking for Furniture pros in Concord?