The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Reviews for The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Cel
Cel

The Chesterfield Shop , Mississauga

I recently purchased a sofa, love seat and recliner from The Chesterfield Shop in Mississauga. I was very impressed by the selection and quality of the pieces but, just as importantly, I was impressed by the service. I dealt with Sandra , who was very knowledgeable and helpful. I left feeling very happy and satisfied with my purchases. I highly recommend The Chesterfield Shop.

T. L. in North York
T. L. in North York

Fantastic service

The entire process for purchasing our new sofa was very smooth, and we appreciated that no one was pressuring us to make any decisions in the couple times we went to the store. We had our custom sofa delivered by the promised time and the product is flawless.

Our only concern is that when scheduling the delivery, both my partner and I gave our phone numbers (which we never do) and right away we started getting strange texts and fake calls from the CRA, etc. etc.

We suspect that your order entry or scheduling systems have been compromised, and that you may have malware in your IT systems.
It is too much of a coincidence to discount that possibility.

Philip in Brampton
Philip in Brampton

Great service, great products

I bought a beautiful couch and love seat a couple years back. I really love the quality of the product. This couch was a superior product to those at those big box shops.

I bought a warranty on the couch. My couch started making these creaking noises after 2 years. The insurance/warranty wouldn't cover it for some reason or other.

Chesterfield stood by their product. I received very fast service and help. They repaired the couch free of charge. They did not have to do it, but they did. The couch is basically like new now and I am a very satisfied customer.

What I also really appreciated was that they were receptive to my calls and did not give me the run around. They treated me with care and I feel like a valued customer.

I will definitely continue to buy products there and recommend them.

Happy Customer in
Happy Customer in

Very Happy with Service

My Wife and I were very happy with the service we received from the staff at the Chesterfield Shop (Kennedy location). From our knowledgeable (and patient with us!) salesperson Robert, to the delivery staff we couldn't have been happier. Their product selection was high quality in construction, and the motorized options are cheaper than we found at competitors. Unfortunately for us, we have a challenging configuration in our basement and the product we bought, and had them deliver and assemble, didn't work from a functional layout perspective. Sometimes, even with measurements it can be hard to tell how a room will function. Their customer service representative Diana was very professional to deal with, and they were able to quickly facilitate the return. We were referred to the Chesterfield Shop by a friend who was a customer, and now we will happily return as customers and recommend them to our friends.

Worst service ever! Warrenty not valid!

The night we recieved our leather couch we pointed out some flaws to the delivery guy one of the main concerns being the hide stamp that was right in the middle of the shez. The number 90 that was very visible was pointed out to the delivery guy who was also shocked to see this. I asked him to contact his manager to see if this is something they would be fixing if not then I would send the couch back. After we spoke to his manager we were reassured that everything would be fixed. After contacting customer service and having their repair guy come to the house, he reassured us that we would recieve new cushions....after 8 weeks we ate still waiting and being brushed off. Apparently this is a natural element of the hide....don't see this in their showrooms! So frustrated and angry at the service. I would NEVER recomend this company! EVER! We were so happy to buying a Canadian made couch and now so disapointed.

Marsha
Marsha

Excellent

When I talked to Ted at the Kennedy store, he explained about the quality of the materials and workmanship used in the sectional I was considering. We discussed the choices I would make and the timeline on delivery. I emailed the company on a Sunday night asking if I could get a fabric sample and my reply on Monday morning said it would be mailed to me. Two days later I received it. The delivery was on time and the workers were careful in my newly painted room. I received a thank you email from Ted for choosing the Chesterfield Shop. There was a snag on one cushion which could have been from our usage but Diana at the office said another one would be delivered to me.
Nothing but courtesy and caring, as well as pride in their products, from this excellent company. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for value as well as a rewarding shopping experience.

apple in Toronto
apple in Toronto

Sectional Sofa

Slightly used sofa pilled and stitching came apart. Tried to claim that it was out of the warranty and they would send a repair person out of courtesy. I have emails showing that I was clearly within the warranty. Repair person came out and stitched (very noticeable difference between the original stitching and the repaired section) the sofa but would not fix the pilling. When I asked customer service why they wouldn't fix the pilling the response was ... because the repair person doesn't have time to go out to shave everyone's couch that pills(the repair person was working on the couch already, it would have taken him another 15 minutes). The repair person gave me the real reason which was that they were concerned that if they shaved the pilling and more damage happened to the sofa they would be responsible. LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT BACKED BY THE CHESTERFIELD SHOP

Sectional

Purchased a fabric sectional sofa from The Chesterfield Shop. Asked the sales person what dimensions they needed to ensure that the couch would fit. They said as long as you have a regular sized doorway then there wouldn't be any problems. Waited 9 weeks for delivery only to find out that the larger piece of the sectional could not be taken out of the elevator. Our hallway is by no means narrow. Called our salesperson and got no sympathy. We were told our options were to get the sectional cut for a $500 or to get store credit and pick out a new couch. This was the one and only couch we liked across all Toronto furniture stores and at The Chesterfield Shop. This is ridiculous and obvious cash grab! The salesperson was clearly just after the money and didn't care about customer service. waiting to hear back from head office now to see what can be done.

On the other hand, delivery guys were very pleasant and professional. They showed up on time.

Ken Headley in Toronto
Ken Headley in Toronto

Twin leather seats with consul

Rude service! Never buy a white alabaster twin theatre seats from this company! I did for 2000 dollars and in 5 months the seats became blackened and ugly. Under the warrantee I thought that I was covered for dye from the product. Apparently only my clothes were under warantee if dye from the leather went into them. They told me one of my friends with cheap jeans must have sat down and the dye had gone into the leather. Anyway they gave me the name of a company who could fix it for about 400 dollars. We should have been warned by the salesman and they should be more specific with the warantee.They said we had misused the leather. I will never buy from this company again

Helen in North York
Helen in North York

Poor Quality Leather Sofas

We bought 2 leather sofas from the Chesterfield shop in 2014 and I will never buy from them again. We started having problems with them after about a year and a half. The sofas are constructed with leather cushioning and with vinyl between the cushions. The vinyl started to crack and the cracks have gotten bigger. They told us that they sofas were under warranty but guess what? if you do not contact them within a week or so of the crack first appearing they will not cover it. Most importantly the warranty does not cover cracks! I bought a leather set from the Chesterfield shop in 2004 and I have not had any trouble with it. They must have changed their supplies. I will never buy from them again. We will be throwing this set in the garbage within the next year. They look horrible. I would add an image but this site does not allow it.

More about The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

The Chesterfield Shop. . . Your Leather and Fabric Superstore & More! Since 1948, this family owned and operated chain of Leather, Fabric and Home Theatre seating superstores, has been prouding serving generations of satisfied customers who keep coming back again and again for the great selection, quality, service and ...
Looking for Furniture pros in Concord?