Carpet Towne Flooring

Reviews for Carpet Towne Flooring

Mark
Mark
11 reviews Whitby, ON

Vinyl floor and stair runners

Have used them twice now, once a couple years ago to do the runners on my oak staircase, and now just recently to do my parents kitchen floor and stair runners, as well as basement steps (full carpet). Price was fair and far less than Sears. Everything went smooth and installers were great.

Kristen from Whitby
Kristen from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Carpet

Found some great carpet, Wayne (saleperson) came out to give us a quote. Initially quoted us a different price that he had verbally given us when we were in the showroom. The installers were wonderful (but that's because they are sub-contracted). Paid for everything via credit card and a receipt was never mailed to us. A few months after our carpet was installed we were having a lot of trouble with pulls so I called Wayne & left a message. Had to call back a week later as my call was never returned. When I did get a hold of him, the first thing he asked was if I had a big dog because their nails pull the carpet up. Yes I have a large dog, as he clearly saw when he came to give us the in home estimate. The main reason we bought this carpet was because we were assured it would withstand 3 very young children, a dog and a cat. Why would he sell us this carpet if it was not durable? He then tried to tell me it was because of my vacuum and to not use the beater bar function when vacuuming the carpet ... so how am I supposed to get up the dog hair? Carpet looks nice, but is not functional ...thanks a lot Wayne!

Heather in Scarborough
Heather in Scarborough
2 reviews SCARBOROUGH, ON

Kitchen Floor

I renovated my kitchen in 2007. I spent many hours with the wonderful folks at Carpet Towne selecting the perfect Kitchen floor (I cook a lot!). I ended up installing a FlexTherm heated floor with a beautiful Italian double fired porcelain tile in the style of travertine (with a better price point and durability).

In the end, I had some installation issues and over a few years, some tiles cracked. Tom, Bonnie and Jim were amazing. They fixed the problem and I love walking into my beautiful kitchen in my bare feet on my nice warm floor.

The product and the pricing are important but the after sales service is the 'unknown' . I am happy to say that for Carpet Towne , this is not presently a concern. Do your part, work as a team and you will get great results.

Lillian in GTA
Lillian in GTA
12 reviews Whitby, ON

Installation of hardwood flooring

My husband and I visited Carpet Towne Flooring to purchase enough hardwood to floor our entire first floor of our home. Staff were courteous and pleasant and were able to help direct us to our desired choice (maple) as well as field our numerous questions on hardwood installation. The overall layout of the store is very neat and clean, and despite the numerous options, we were able to find what we were looking for. Product is pricey here, but customer service is top notch. My husband and I hadn't heard of this store before, but we noticed it while driving down Hwy 2 in Whitby. Good thing we stopped in for a check.

Michelle in Ajax
Michelle in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

new carpet for winding staircase

We wanted a good product for a good price and we needed it fast. Carpet towne turned our order around in three days and installed the product on a statutory holiday to meet our timing needs. The installer did a fantastic job especially becuase he was installing burber carpet around spindles. I would use them again no question!

25 reviews ,

Hardwood Installation

The actual installation of this product was very fast. The workers cut the pieces in the garage and left everything clean. They were professional, friendly and efficient. The product itself looks exactly as I had imagined and this company did a good job of representing the product at the time of purchase.

25 reviews ,

Hardwood Flooring Purchase

We've been to this location before and have waited around for 30 minutes or MORE to get served before. Two weeks ago, we went back, determined to buy some hardwood flooring. They had a special going on, so we bought some stock.

This is a review about service, since we won't be installing the product for a few months. I'm happy to say that the salesperson spent about an hour with us, although we got passed off to another person and back and forth a couple of times. Also, their quote didn't include the carpet removal fee, though we clearly told them we had carpet in the rooms. Also, the sales person couldn't even tell us if the installers worked on Saturdays! (They told us they would check and call us, but never did) By the end, we told them we appreciated the time they spent with us, and one of the salespeople joked about how they "aren't making any money off us" since they gave us "such a good deal".

Honestly, I don't like this kind of comment, partially because I don't believe that is true and partially because I don't think that's how you should speak to customers, as if you're there to make money off them.

This company should hire more sales associates and have better training. I honestly don't think we got that great of a deal. I'll post a review on the product quality and installation in August.

theguy
theguy
1 review ,

bought bamboo floor

Bought some bamboo flooring from them that was a limited run. I was told I could get more of the same if I came back within 6 months. 2 months later they couldn't get more.

Company would not stand behind their 15% restocking fee policy and gave every bs reason in the book not to return the original items even though it was sold under false pretenses.

I cannot recommend a company that lack integrity to such a degree.

More about Carpet Towne Flooring

We are a family owned, full service flooring centre that sells and installs all types of residential and commercial flooring including carpet, hardwood, laminate, sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl tile, ceramics, engineered wood, handscraped wood, hardwood stairs and more. We also carry a large assortment of in-stock specials and remnants.