Brothers Plumbing Ltd

Reviews for Brothers Plumbing Ltd

Vlad from Toronto
Vlad from Toronto

excellent service

I had various jobs that needed to get done, and Jimmy came to my house and was a super friendly guy who even gave a discount when one of the jobs was not as serious as he originally estimated. I highly recommend Brother Plumbing and Jimmy.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our service. We will pass on your good words. Thanks again for your feedback.

Water Shutoff Repairs

I needed to have the outside hose bib shut offs replaced at my 98 year old mother’s house. I live two hours away. Brothers had previously replaced a toilet and sink tap. It was easy to arrange the appointment. They came within two days. Tony called in the morning to coordinate timing with the Personal Care Worker and clarify the work needed. He arrived as planned. Kept me informed of what needed to be done. Did extra work to access the valve in a cupboard. Finished the work as requested. It was great to get it done so quickly before the weather got cold. As a senior, my mother received a discount.

Thank you for your review. We try to make the service process as simple and easy as possible. Our customers like the convenience, as was the case this time. Thanks again for your feedback.

Ella in Toronto
Ella in Toronto

Replaced compressor in shower faucet

Our issue arose at night. When I called, the technician helped us trouble shoot the problem over the phone. When he came the next day to replace the necessary part, Jimmy was really helpful, he explained what the problem was, how he would fix it and was upfront about cost. Really fast and friendly service, would definitely use again!

Thank you for your review. We try our best to service our customers in a timely fashion and we are grateful that you were patient enough to wait for us to come out the next day. We are also pleased that you were happy with our service. Thanks again for your kind words.

SCB in Etobicoke
SCB in Etobicoke

Do not hire this company! Brothers does not honor their warranty! Does shoddy work.

Do not give your business to this company. we had waterproofing done on our basement 10 years ago. A 25 year WARRANTY was the guarantee with this work. Very sloppy job, Took months of going back and forth to get the work done, kept pointing out installation issues with no response, head office was no help. Very poor salesmanship and installation. We had a flood in our basement due to failure of this waterproofing causing 100,000 of damage. Brothers would not honors their warranty but did offer to come in and do more work. They do not tell the truth and are very disreputable company.

We tried to work something out but the customer didn't want to deal with us. We waterproofed 3 sides of a bungalow and overlapped the new addition at the back by approx. 3-4 feet on both sides. Over 10 years later we were called because of a drain back up. We found ground water in the Backwater Valve box, which drained after opening the clean-out. We also found water was backing up out of 2 floor drains. The floor drains had construction debris in them causing the back up. Recommendations were made to fix the issues. We did not see any indication of a waterproofing problem. Two weeks later we were called back as water was found near back wall of original building and cracks were found in the new foundation walls of the addition caused by settling. We recommended to waterproof the perimeter of the new addition. The customer didn't want to deal with us and contracted another company. The other company extended the overlap we did by approx. 10-12 feet at a high cost, almost as much as we had quoted for the whole perimeter. Not a solution we recommend as water could still find its way inside. In the end the customer didn't want to take our advise or have us do any work. They had lost faith or had been persuaded by the other company not to deal with us. We will learn from this and improve our communications with our customers going forward.

Klever
Klever

Waterproofing/backwater valve

I called Brothers Plumbing regarding a leaky basement as well as a backwater valve and a couple of other services. Tony came over and explained in detail what needed to be done. He also gave me a reasonable estimate on the spot. There were no surprise costs that I needed to worry about. Tony and his crew were friendly, patient and very willing to address all my questions and concerns. In the end I paid the amount quoted and nothing more. He even provided me with the necessay paper work to sumbmit to the city for the rebate. I would definetly hire thei services again.

Thank you for your review. We try to keep our contracts as detailed as possible so that there will be no surprises. Happy that we able to service you at the rate you were given. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve our customer service. Thanks again.

Plumbing service in our house. Very professional

We had a basic issue with our kitchen sink. It was leaking so we decided to call Brothers Plumbing to diagnose the issue. Technician was extremely professional and he was able to diagnose the problem right away. He completed the repair in less than one hour. Thank you again!

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that everything went well. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps improve our service. Thanks again for your kind words.

Main Drain clean out success

Main Drain Clean out. Trap blocked. 100 yr old pipes.
They came, provided initial diagnostic, listened to my explanation of issue. Provided options and prices up front. Also provided risks and probability of success.
Since I had already been using snakes to try and clear prior, their assessment made sense.
Tried option 1 with the snake and by luck it went to the street direction and worked! Drain cleared.
Pricing was as quoted.

Thank you for your review. We try to explain the situation to our customers and give them options so that they can make decisions that are right for them. We are happy that this was done to your satisfaction. Thanks again.

Replace faucet

I got ripped off by Brothrrs plumbing Ltd
They charged me $450 to replace faucet
Job only last less than 25 min. I call their office to ask why is it $450, he didn't have a justified answer
So I recommend not to used this service look elsewhere. Brother plumbing Ltd Ripped off company.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We talked to you several times before coming over and while there. We explained the price and you agreed to do the work twice. We gave a further $25.00 discount and you agreed. You liked our work and did not complain to the plumber. You called the office to complain and we answered your questions we explained that the price was based on a flat rate and not by the hour. We serviced you promptly on Saturday all was well. On Monday 2 bad reviews both complaining about the price. If you thought the price was too high you should have said on the phone before we came over or you should have said to the plumber before you agreed to have the faucet installed. Looks like the issue is just the price, which could have been prevented had you just said no thanks.

Jason in Oshawa
Jason in Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Garden Automatic hose reel install & mount plus garden bib

Brothers Plumbing came over to my single family dwelling home in Etobicoke to help the spring clean up process! They were extraordinary!! Patrick and Johnny showed up to upgrade my garden bib so we can install new irrigation lines for the garden. They also installed and mounted a brand new Gardena Automatic hose reel in the garage!! Now using the garden hose anytime anywhere is such a breeze and super convenient! Brothers Plumbing responded right away to my requests, very professional and timely: Patrick and Johnny did all this in just 15 minutes how is that even possible:))) Highly recommend Brothers Plumbing for all your plumbing and stuff around the house needs!!

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to service you and we appreciate the feedback. We will be here should you require plumbing services in future. Thanks again for your kind words.

Mark B.
Mark B.

Main Shut Off Valve Repair and Bathroom Sink Drain Repair

I hired Brothers Plumbing to repair the main shut off in the house. This job requires the city of Toronto to come and turn the water off outside of the house. For $90, the city will turn the water off and wait up to 30-45 minutes to turn it back on (once the repair is finished), otherwise they charge $90 x 2.

Jimmy, the plumber, was unable to complete the repair in 30-45 minutes. The copper pipe in the area of the main shut off valve was 5/8", which apparently is very unusual (1/2" or 3/4" is the norm). Jimmy didn't have a 5/8" pipe on the truck and had to go buy one. The city worker, Frank, was angry at Jimmy because he felt Jimmy wasn't upfront that the repair would take more than 30-45 minutes. Even if he had had the pipe, he would have needed more than 30-45 minutes.

Eventually Jimmy completed the job, after Frank had left. Jimmy had a great attitude, answered my messages promptly and is a hard worker but, as Frank noted, appeared to be fresh out of plumbing school (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I would hire Brothers again but I get frustrated when companies come to do a job and don't have the necessary materials. I doubt I'm the only house in Toronto with 5/8" pipe. After some negotiation, I got Brothers to reduce the bill by $90 since they weren't able to complete the repair in the allotted 30-45 minutes, resulting in an extra $90 charge from the city.

Overall Brothers prices are bit on the high side - $475 to repair the main shut off vs what I understand to be a typical Toronto price of $350-450, so it doesn't hurt to negotiate on price - I was able to get a price of $550 for both jobs I had done (second job was a new bathroom plastic sink drain). Next time, I would likely ask for a more experienced plumber to make a somewhat difficult job go more smoothly.

Thank you for your review. We have used your experience to help educate all our servicemen on how important it is to be prepared for every job and to make sure they have all the necessary materials needed to complete the job. We are grateful that a mutual arrangement was reached. We hope to be able to prove that we have learned from this experience should you require our services in the future. Thanks again.

More about Brothers Plumbing Ltd

Brothers Plumbing- Plumbing Contractors You Can Trust

Since 1963, Brothers Plumbing has been a reliable one-stop source for a complete range of services to both residential and commercial customers.

Nothing beats experience. With great rates and a consistent record of performance for over 40 years, you can trust our plumbing contractors in Toronto to do the job right. We use the latest technology and the best fixtures and equipment, ensuring that whatever repairs and replacements we do will stand the test of time.

When plumbing and heating emergencies occur, we are always available through our 7-7-7 Service. This means that we are always reachable from 7 to 7, 7 days a week. Even better, plan ahead. We can evaluate the current state of your home’s systems from inside the house all the way out to your property line. We can help ensure that emergencies don’t happen. And we can make sure that your remodeling and renovations go smoothly from start to finish. If you have a major emergency like a burst pipe we have a 24-hour emergency service as well.
Services

We do more than just plumbing. We also have contractors specializing in Drainage, Hot Water Heating Systems, Waterproofing, and Kitchen and Bath Remodeling for both homes and businesses.

Our 30 fully equipped trucks are on the job all over Toronto and are in constant radio communication with the office dispatch. Help is never far away as we are probably already working somewhere in your neighbourhood.