Brothers Plumbing Ltd

Brothers Plumbing Ltd

Reviews for Brothers Plumbing Ltd

NoMoreTrouble
NoMoreTrouble

A few small repairs; a surprisingly large bill

I spoke several times to the person who called me and described the job. He confided his 30 years of experience and knowledge. When I asked about the price he said that it would be about 350,and “not a thousand dollars or anything”. Well Guess what the first bill handed to me was? About 980.00 and I had already purchased a part.
The person doing the installation reduced it to 745 after I told him of the conversation. He obviously had received no communication from the person I had spoken to. This is no surprise as they had mis-communicated and missed their time to come and do the work twice before showing the third time.
My fault for not getting a written quotation first and going on the info shared in the conversation. And my fault for actually paying. I was frustrated with about a 100 other urgent things and not thinking. I was not even given an itemized receipt.
The final valve part was mentioned and not tabulated , just that there is a book. Had I thought, 350 meant 350 plus about 600 dollars then I would have worked with someone else or purchased parts myself.
I paid, but was not happy. The final cost was still over double what I was expecting to pay. I am yet to speak with the dispatcher, as I have been tending to many things. I look back at the reviews and see similar complaints that were addressed with, “well, that is what we charge” and the same “price list book” and see that my experience was not an exception but rather a practiced process and don't expect much to come from that. I used Homestars to save time and avoid this kind of garbage. My bad, I guess.

Thank you for your review. It sounds like there was some miscommunication. When we give prices over the phone it is just an idea of what we think we will have to do. Only can give an accurate price after seeing the job. We do charge by the task and not by the hour. All our competitors do the same. We try to be reasonably priced. You were given the price according to the work involved. We are sorry for the lack of clarity and we are looking into this situation to prevent any future misunderstandings.

Great repairs!

I had some minor plumbing repairs at my home to do, so I called brothers plumbing. They arrived when they said they would, they did the repairs and left the work area clean. The charge was a very reasonable price. Thank you to the plumbers of Brothers Plumbing for the great service, and also to the office. They were very friendly and kind when I spoke with them. Thanks again, I definitely recommend their services.

Thank you for your review. We are always trying to improve our service and response time as well as being competitively priced. Happy to see that we delivered. Thanks again for your review.

Pete in Old Toronto
Pete in Old Toronto

Workmanship, response fine - but PRICEY!

We had an emergency, as always - on Sunday!
Patrick showed up in no time.
He replaced the shut off valve and installed the ballcock in i my toilet.
To complete the job took him about 40 minutes.
Then the bill was $475 + tax!!! (the ballcock was mine - he supplied the valve)
My fault was I haven't asked for the estimate. For sure next time I will!
Workmanship was fine; he came (on Sunday afternoon) really quick - no complaints for this part.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you'r feedback as it helps us improve our service. We are happy to hear you liked the service and were happy with our serviceman. The price should have been explained and agreed to. We will look into the call process and correct the serviceman.
Thank you for your review.

Mike Ashlock in Toronto
Mike Ashlock in Toronto

Drainage Block

I had a block in the drainage and my house was about to be flooded. I called brother's plumbing, and they were so prompt in their response. I am so grateful to David and his team for immediately solving the issue. Not only that they also helped drain out the excess water from the basement. I would recommend Brother's Plumbing to my family and friends.

Thank you for your review. We know that a quick response can make a big difference, so we always try to get to the customer's home as soon as possible. We are happy to hear that all went well. Thank you again for your kind words.

Alfred in Toronto
Alfred in Toronto

Fast And Reliable Service!

Last month, my toilet was clogged and there was a bit of backflow. We tried to fix ourselves, which made it worse. Never believe in those DIY videos.
I called Brothers plumbing and they had someone at my door within an hour. They were very polite, clean and professional and had our toilet fixed. They get the job done quickly and are clean about it.

Thank you for your review. We are constantly trying to improve our service and it seems we did it rite as per your kind words. Thank you.

Replaced plumbing connection for washing machine

When we had new washing machine installed we found that the hot water connection was leaking (more like spraying). I called Brothers, which is the only plumbing company we have used in the 28 years we've been in this house.
We made an appointment and Tony came as promised the next day. He was polite, professional, and proficient. On consultation he replaced the hot and cold water connectors They now work like a dream.

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that you liked our service. Tony is one of our most experienced plumbers and he always tries to suggest the best options that will satisfy the customer. Thanks again for your kind words.

Barbara Hejduk from Toronto
Barbara Hejduk from Toronto

Toilet replacment

My toilet had not been flushing well for some time and I finally called a plumber. Patrick from Brothers Plumbing came on the same day as my call. He tested for a pipe blockage first but all was clear. He also tested the other toilet in the house and it was fine. He showed me the wear on the toilet's parts and said to replace them would cost about as much as a new toilet. I authorized the new toilet; he went and got it, replaced the old one, and took it away. Total elapsed time was under two hours. Extremely pleasant person and also tightened my kitchen faucet for nothing. I highly recommend Patrick and Brothers and will use them again.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the service provided by Patrick.
We are always trying to improve our service and your feedback is most helpful. Thank you again for your king words.

eva in Brantford
eva in Brantford

Cartridge replacement for a Moen faucet

A simple cartridge replacement for a Moen faucet. No charge for the part...because it's Moen. $412 for 20 minutes of labour. Horrible! When I called to discuss this episode I was laughed at. "That's what we charge"
"That's what our book says". So offensive

Thank you for your review. Sorry you feel that the price was excessive. We charge a flat rate that includes the service call the labour and time to get a needed part, etc... We are competitive with other companies in our area of similar size. I understand you just moved here from a small town, unfortunately that is the cost of service in Toronto.

Pia from Toronto
Pia from Toronto

Fill valve replacement

I needed help dislodging a plastic nut on the underside of a toilet so I could change the fill valve. I had bought the replacement myself.
The plumber came and was done in 5 minutes. Cost me $250. I think that's crazy steep.

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the price. Unfortunately the cost of providing service in Toronto is quite high and we have to charge accordingly. We are competitive with other companies in your service area and we always give the customer the price to do the job at no obligation. In your case I understand you had been struggling with your toilet for a few days, trying to fix it yourself. We sent out an experienced serviceman to repair your toilet and he did it right and in a timely manner. Most customers appreciate and understand you pay for good, fast service. I hope this helps explain the cost. Thank you again for your review.

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Basement Sewer Repair & Replacement

Brothers Plumbing was really everything you could want in a stressful situation - they clearly articulated the problem, solution and cost verbally and the written quote matched this exactly. They kept their word to the T and showed up precisely when they said they would - they continued to keep me up to date with the progress of the work, including showing me via camera feed any of the issues. The work was excellent, cleanup was all taken care of and I was provided with the paperwork to apply for a subsidy from the city, all within a tight turnaround. I highly recommend this company and the great people they have working for them.

Thank you for your review. We are constantly trying to improve our service so that all our jobs go smoothly. Glad to hear that all went well. Thanks again.

More about Brothers Plumbing Ltd

Brothers Plumbing- Plumbing Contractors You Can Trust

Since 1963, Brothers Plumbing has been a reliable one-stop source for a complete range of services to both residential and commercial customers.

Nothing beats experience. With great rates and a consistent record of performance for over 40 years, you can trust our plumbing contractors in Toronto to do the job right. We use the latest technology and the best fixtures and equipment, ensuring that whatever repairs and replacements we do will stand the test of time.

When plumbing and heating emergencies occur, we are always available through our 7-7-7 Service. This means that we are always reachable from 7 to 7, 7 days a week. Even better, plan ahead. We can evaluate the current state of your home’s systems from inside the house all the way out to your property line. We can help ensure that emergencies don’t happen. And we can make sure that your remodeling and renovations go smoothly from start to finish. If you have a major emergency like a burst pipe we have a 24-hour emergency service as well.
Services

We do more than just plumbing. We also have contractors specializing in Drainage, Hot Water Heating Systems, Waterproofing, and Kitchen and Bath Remodeling for both homes and businesses.

Our 30 fully equipped trucks are on the job all over Toronto and are in constant radio communication with the office dispatch. Help is never far away as we are probably already working somewhere in your neighbourhood.