Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd.

Toronto ON M5R 2E2

Appliance Repair
Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd.

Best of 2017 winnerBest of 2017winner

Reviews for Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd.

Barbara
Barbara

Great service, and fast!

My dryer had stopped working. Steve responded quickly and did a first assessment over the phone. After I tried out what he recommended (for free!) and it didn't work, he requested some photos, then he came by and worked on my dryer. He ordered some parts and the repair was finished the day after. Very efficient, knowledgeable and courteous. I liked the step-wise approach, to avoid unnecessary trips and cost. And he was COVID-safe, wearing a mask in my house. Thank you. Highly recommend and would definitely use again!

Saffa in Toronto
Saffa in Toronto

Dishwasher “repair” that wasn’t

Beware of this company! He charged me $280 to “fix” a dishwasher that was not draining. While he’s writing the invoice, he tells me that the dishwasher may require a replacement part that would bring total repair cost to around $480. The dishwasher was not fixed at all, still didn’t drain. What he should have done was properly diagnose the issue, give me the option to repair at $480 vs buying a new one. Instead he left me with a broken dishwasher, took my money anyway, while knowing that I would need to spend even more money to properly fix the problem. I feel ripped off. I ended up buying buying a new dish washer. Don’t use this company.

Steve Brannan, owner and sole operator of Brannan's Appliance Repair responding here with my side of the story.

No one likes to get a bad review, however what I like about being on Homestars is that I get a chance to respond to a bad review. Please read my other reviews if you'd like to get an idea of how I run my business.

I was first contacted over the phone by this customer, she had already attempted to do repairs on her own by installing a drain pump purchased from Amazon. Original complaint "not draining properly, sump area still has a lot of water in it after a cycle" Customer provided the model number at my request.

I always provide an estimate over the phone that includes a minimum and maximum amount including parts AND labour, taxes are always extra. I quoted minimum $268 to maximum $488 for this job and advised the customer that due to supply issues (Covid related) some critical parts are currently not available. Customer says "please proceed".

I arrive at the job site, customer is now asking me to remove pump she installed and reinstall the original part in her dishwasher. I do this and proceed to remove large amounts of food debris from drain system, I shop vac, fill, drain, flush, fill, drain, flush multiple times until the drain system runs free and clear. I let the customer know than on dishwashers that use a corrugated drain hose that hard items like a piece of broken glass or plastic can get stuck midway in the drain system and cause intermittent draining issues, if this happens you need to replace the drain system (not the drain pump), this would cost the $488 maximum quoted but those parts are backordered at the time. I leave with the machine draining properly, drain pump swapped out and a final note:

"if the problem reoccurs don't panic, just give me a call and we will order the necessary parts for you".

I'm not going to recommend doing the maximum repair if just cleaning out the blocked drain system has been a permanent fix.

A week later I'm a crook who "did nothing" and if I don't refund all her money I'll get a bad review.

I would like to point out that in my business intermittent problems are very common and when they occur or if I am suspicious that the problem may be intermittent I let the customer know to "not be surprised or disappointed" but that we will "get to the bottom of the issue in time". Most people are fine with this and go with the process.

That's my side of the story...

mike in North York

Kenmore Dryer Repair Tune-Up - Exceptional!

Referred to us by our friends, Brannan's is exceptional. This time around, it was our +10 year old Kenmore Dryer making a horrendous squealing noise. Within 48 hours, the technician responded to our email contact, provided an cost estimate (depending on nature of repair work required), confirmed an appointment... & gave our dryer a tune-up service.

Second time we've used Brannan's, exceptional service in both cases!!

Thank you very much for this great review.

Monica in Toronto
Monica in Toronto

Whirlpool Washing Mashine Repair

I contacted Steve when my Whirlpool washing machine stopped working. After providing him details and a few conversations later, I was ready to book his service for repair which would have cost me around $500. Before he accepted the service call, he asked me to try something, which I did, and it corrected the issue! It's been a months now, and several washes later, it seems to still be working just fine. It's an 8 yr old machine so get that sooner or later it will need to be replaced. But - I'm SO thankful and appreciative that Steve made a few suggestions, at no cost! Many others would have come out and charge me, but he was honest enough to try and troubleshoot over the phone first. I will be holding on to his number and will make sure I use him for any appliance repair needs going forward. I value his honesty and customer service. Thanks so much Steve!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review

Anne
Anne

KitchenAid Fridge Repair - Outstanding Service

May 18, 2021. My 17-year old KitchenAid side-by-side fridge suddenly had issues keeping the temperature in both the fridge/freezer section over the weekend. I asked my neighbours for recommendations for appliance repair companies. Most had not had any positive experiences but my one neighbour gave me three companies to try that she had used. I read very positive things about Steve and knew he was the type of repair person I was looking for. I called him and he responded right away. I explained the situation and he asked all the pertinent questions in order to clearly advised me of my options with absolutely no pressure. He was completely professional, honest and up front. I decided it was best to attempt to repair the fridge rather than spend money on a new one. I made an appointment with him for the next morning and he promptly arrived when he said he would. He is extremely personable, knowledgeable and fixed the problem within 30 minutes. He was also kind enough to fix the pilot light on my gas stove as he was about to leave. Very kind, honest and no-nonsense individual. My fridge is humming along beautifully now. I highly recommend Steve without hesitation. He's a rare individual in an industry that is fraught with negative experiences. Thank you, Steve, for being so honest and providing stellar service.

Jeff in Newmarket
Jeff in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Dryer Repair

Very skilled and straightforward repair of our dryer, which was making a shrieking sound. Prompt, courteous, and reliable service. It is nice to have access to a dependable resource like Brannan's Appliance Repair.

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure working with you.

excellent service!

I am happy to strongly recommend Brannan's appliance services. Steve was prompt in his response to our call for assistance, and he was extremely conscientious in keeping us informed about the status of our parts that needed to be ordered. A pleasant man who delivers excellent service!

Linda in Toronto
Linda in Toronto

Dishwasher repair

Called in with a broken dishwasher. Told Steve about it and he directed me to reboot the appliance by shutting off the circuit breaker for 24 hrs. It worked. Saved me the cost of a service call. Most wouldn't do that. Honest and trustworthy.

Exceptional Service!!!

Brannan's Appliance Repair fixed our +10 year old Kenmore Front Load Washer, perfect experience start to finish, to fix a small leak (which was getting larger). Prompt return of phone calls, provided initial diagnostic to ensure his theory was correct then promptly completed repair.
Two words: 'exceptional service'!

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Dryer repair

Steve responded quickly to my questions and was very professional and helpful. After giving me an approximate cost of repairs, he let me decide whether to buy a new dryer or repair this one. He came the next day and my dryer should continue to serve me for a long time. Thanks.

Thank you very much for this great review!

More about Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd.

If you would like my help, please contact me by phone directly at

416-492-0758

or email me directly at brannansappliance@gmail.com

Steve from Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd. is heard on CBC Radio's Ontario Today, CBC TV's Marketplace, CityLine, CFRB radio.
Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd. offers repairs to washer, dryer, fridge, stove and dishwasher. Call me, I'll give you a good idea of what it will cost to fix your broken appliance.
Brannan's Appliance Repair Ltd. repairs broken appliances, rehabs damaged appliances, fixes appliances including ranges, refrigerators, cooktops, front loaders and more!