Belyea Bros Limited

Reviews for Belyea Bros Limited

Lee from Toronto
Lee from Toronto

Attic AC service

Had Brandon and Dennis service my AC in the attic. Came on time, very thorough and a pleasure to deal with. Gave me helpful tips on maintenance and kept the place nice and clean. Can't complain about one thing.

Thank you Lee for the stellar review on Brandon and Dennis.You should be ready for the first heat wave :)

C
C

Hot water tank repair fail

My hot water tank wouldn't light, so I called Belyea brothers based on their stellar reviews. Scheduling and service was painless, and the technician showed up on time.

The technician couldn't get the boiler to work after doing all the checks, and recommended to replace the entire boiler.

Called another company to get a second opinion, and the technician got my tank working in 40 minutes.

Pretty disappointed with Belyea brothers to say the least. Gave them 1 star because their service is decent, and the technician---despite not being able to fix the problem---was polite.

Good day,

We appreciate your comments regarding our scheduling and service. We take a lot of pride in our Service Department.

When our technician arrived, he found several issues with your hot water tank. He diagnosed a faulty gas valve, thermopile and pressure relief valve. More importantly, he noted a significant amount of rust and corrosion built up at the top of the tank. When our clients call us for service, they expect us to advise them on the best course of action, whether it is a repair or a recommendation to replace their system. As a homeowner, you are always entitled to a second opinion. However, our long-term solution is to ensure your tenants have a properly working unit, not simply charge you for a band-aid fix. A quick fix is not always the best option.

DJR
DJR

New furnace, AC and tankless water heater

The team just finished the job and I am very pleased. Everyone I dealt with at Belyea was professional and friendly. Everything was done exactly as I asked and I could tell the installers cared about doing quality work. They kept the house clean too. Wasn't the lowest quote for the job but I have zero worry about the work and I think that peace of mind is worth it!

Michael
Michael

New boiler and radiators

It was time to replace our old oil boiler - it was inefficient, dirty and our insurance company was after us to replace the oil tank.
We called Belyea on the recommendation of my brother in law who is a heating and cooling professional. In a couple days Jameson dropped by and reviewed our needs and explained the options available to my wife and me.
Belyea came out few weeks later and installed a new gas fired boiler in our home. Paul, Shawn and Mike were very professional and nice people. The installation went without a hitch and it works great. The new boiler is quiet, clean and MUCH more efficient.

Thanks guys for an easy experience updating our heating system. We really appreciate your professionalism.

Tim in Toronto
Tim in Toronto

Boiler for hot water heating

I called them to ask for a quote on a possible repair job. The representative was on time, courteous, and he provided a low-cost solution and additional helpful advice. I will be hiring Belyea Bros. again without hesitation.

dsb in Riverdale
dsb in Riverdale

Solid full-service company, knowledgeable technicians

I called Belyea Bros originally when my boiler died on Christmas day. My heating system is not a simple one either, as it three floors of in-floor radiant heat and had been installed with six zones. I needed a company that was working through holidays and weekends and Belyea not only showed up to do the work, they also provided expertise in how to best replace and improve on my system. Since then, I have engaged them to provide annual service for my heating and AC systems.

Hello BSD,

THANK YOU for this great review! Having your system give out on Christmas day is not much of a gift but I'm happy that we were able to help you during the Christmas period.

See you soon for your annual servicing on your AC.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

repairing hot water heater

Our water heater was broken. We told them what part we needed over the phone. They came with no parts at a charge of $146. They came back with the wrong part the next day. They went away and ordered the right part ( the one we had requested in the first place.) They came back the next day with a part that costs $68 on line and charged us $225 for the part and $632 to install it. A new water heater is not much more than this. We were without hot water for 3 days. This seems like a lot of money and because they goofed on the part order, we thought they might have discounted us the price of the first visit, especially as they could have brought the part with them the first time. Although we have been pleased with them in the past, we will never call them again.

Jennifer in Toronto
Jennifer in Toronto

Furnace Repair

Furnace conked out on a cold night . A technician came out within an hour and got it started. Next day Wilson came and checked, there was ice or snow in the intake pipe to the high efficiency furnace. He came again the next day to check on it and we had the problem solved. He was very informative and helpful and pleasant. Thank you.

Wilson appreciates it and will be very happy to read this review!

Michael from Old Toronto
Michael from Old Toronto

Boiler check up

What a fantastic, knowledgeable Technician - Jonathan was patient and informative, he tweaked the water temperature in our new Viessmann boiler and walked us through the programming steps in case we want to reset it ourselves. He very kindly told us to call any time if we need emergency service (highly unlikely, given the quality of this boiler) and showed us how to change the batteries in our thermostat. Very efficient and helpful.
Everyone we've dealt with from Belyea has been amazing, from first phone call to follow up. Andrew and Marco did the most beautiful installation and explained everything about our new system. We love this company.

Thank you Michael for the very detailed review. Your Viessmann unit is a fantastic boiler and should cause you no worries!
Thanks again and enjoy the heating from all of us at Belyea Bros Limited

Shane from York
Shane from York

Wonderful experience w/ minor furnace repair & maintenance

Our techinican was Paul - he was friendly, pleasant and efficient, showing up on time. I was concerned about a new noise the furnace was making, and asked for a maintenance and diagnostic visit.

Paul was able to determine that the noise wasn't a concern, but was able to clear out a clogged condensate line that I didn't know about during the same visit.

Super pleased w/ the customer service over the phone also - just a great experience and I would recommend Belyea to anyone.

THANK YOU!
We are committed to client satisfaction and value your business and look forward to serving you again.
All the best to you and your family from all of us at Belyea Bros Limited

More about Belyea Bros Limited

COOLING
At Belyea Bros. we install and service a range of air conditioning systems including forced air (central) air conditioning, ductless split air conditioners, and our custom designed Attic Pak and SpacePak systems. Due to our background as a hot water heating specialists we are experts at planning and executing cooling solutions for houses without ductwork.

HEATING
At Belyea Bros. Limited we hold the first heating license issued in Toronto. As a result, we have the experience to claim, “there is nothing about heating we don’t know”. We are experts in hot water, radiant in-floor, snow melt systems and forced air heating. Over a number of years we have carefully selected the products that we recommend to our customers. We sell only manufacturers that have a proven track record of quality and service so that we can offer you the best support possible. All the manufacturers we work with have parts centers or distributors within the GTA meaning we have access to a local support network. We offer only reliable premium equipment.

HOT WATER TANKS
Water heater rentals are a great solution for many homeowners who have a short-to-medium time frame in their house, own a tenanted property, are looking for a peace-of-mind solution to address their domestic hot water needs, or simply wish to have a clear idea of their monthly house budget over the long term without the worry of heater repairs.

Many consumers are confused by which company they actually rent their water heater from, thinking that because the charge appears on their gas bill that they rent from “gas-company”. In fact, most customers in Toronto rent their heaters from Centrica PLC, an international energy services company based in the United Kingdom, which operates in Canada under the brand name Direct Energy™. Although they bill on the gas bill, they are not, in any way, affiliated with your gas utility.

Belyea Bros. has a wide range of hot water tank solutions for your family’s needs. We have an excellent rental program providing a comparable rate and great reliable products. We provide a fix rate increase, unlike the other guys who may raise your billing at anytime.

TANKLESS HOT WATER
Tankless hot water heaters are common in Europe and Japan. They can supply an endless supply of hot water, with greater energy savings than conventional tanks. They are, however, limited in the amount of hot water that can be produced at one time and the upfront costs are higher.

ELECTRICAL SERVICE
Belyea Bros. Electrical specializes in helping home and business owners in the older neighborhoods of Toronto. We provide electrical service, repair and installation whether it’s diagnosing and fixing a broken outlet, or re-wiring your whole home, Belyea Bros. Electrical is here to help.