Electricians

Reviews for Belyea Bros Limited

Hate to Reno    from Toronto
Hate to Reno from Toronto

Belyea Bombed

I purchased a new boiler from Belyea just recently. I was happy to participate in the Enbridge rebate and to remove my ancient oil burning boiler and rental water heater. Craig Hood sold me the system and arranged for installation, which was not cheap. The installation team (Andrew & Marco) came onsite and installed the new system over 3 days. I paid and off they went. I later discovered that the system was leaking and now so was my pipe leading to the new boiler. I learned this when I saw my new concrete floor damaged. I called Belyea and both guys arrived to replace a gasket. Still leaking. Marco returned again to solder a pipe, but left the other pipe leaking saying that he'll return at some point in the future. When Marco left, the system stopped heating. Apparently he had knocked out every baseboard heater in my home in cold October. I told Andrew and he pledged to return, but didn't show up. I now have no heat and a leaking pipe. If this wasn't enough, apparently the rebate is only available if Enbridge comes onsite PRIOR to the work being performed. So Belyea directly caused me to lose out on $1500.

In summary, their selfish sales practices killed my chance of a rebate, and their installation skill and commitment were poor to absent and damaged my floor. I would definitely avoid Belyea if I could do it over again.

We can appreciate that Mr. Finkelstein is frustrated and have tried to assist him at all steps along the way. He first contacted us on January 19th, 2018 to get a quote for converting from oil to gas and installing a new boiler. He was quite aware of the Enbridge rebate program as he was debating about replacing the windows first or the boiler. He did not wish to sign a sales contract until the gas meter had been installed, a process he said he would take care of himself. He signed a contract with us in the summer and his boiler installation was completed on Aug 1, 2018. After the installation, he informed our consultant, Craig, that he wanted his rebate and was told that he had to have the company that performed his first audit come back to complete the process. He then said he had never made arrangements for an initial audit. Craig offered to help by putting him in touch with an audit company who could assist him. Mr. Finkelstein did not respond to their emails or phone calls. Mr. Finkelstein contacted us in early October saying he had noticed a small leak near the boiler. We attended on Oct 12 and replaced a pump gasket that had developed a slow leak. At the time of that visit, our technician noted a leak on an old section of pipe in the basement. He explained to Mr. Finkelstein that we would happily help him with it but we would need some more time, as it would require draining the system. He then showed Mr. Finkelstein how to “bleed” air out of his baseboard radiators, explained that if a radiator felt cool it was likely air in the system and he simply needed to follow the process that had just been demonstrated. Mr. Finkelstein called a few days later saying two of his radiators were not heating. On October 19, 2018 our install team returned to his home and showed him how to bleed the radiators that were not warming up. They then explained again that draining the house to replace the old leaking pipe would introduce new water into the system and he would need to check the radiators in the coming days or weeks to see if they seemed cool. They then replaced the old pipe, refilled the system, and checked all the radiators were heating.

We are always here to assist our clients through oil-to-gas conversions, navigating rebates, and the various complications that crop up when dealing with HVAC equipment. Because the rebate process is a regimented one, we also make very clear to everyone how important dealing with the audit companies is to ensure you receive your rebates. As a note of interest for anyone with boiler systems, it is important for anyone replacing a boiler to understand that new water introduced into a system contains oxygen that can take a great deal of time to work its way out. If you have a radiator that doesn’t seem to be warming up it is likely due to a pocket of air blocking the flow of water.

Yolanda Cafaro in East york
Yolanda Cafaro in East york

Furnace Cleaning

Dylan attended to cleaning my boiler system this morning and not only was he on time but was very professional. I had a number of questions about how the system worked and he was very patient and answered my questions - I learned quite a bit about how my boiler system works! Annual maintenance is important with any heating system and I am very pleased that Belyea Bros knows their "stuff".

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

Furnace call out

I had no heat in the house and called out Belyea Bros. They came the next day. Dylan was a great technician. Unfortunately there were parts that needed replacement so they have to return.

getthewilsons in Toronto
getthewilsons in Toronto

furnace check up

Dennis and his assistant arrived on time. They gave the furnace a thorough inspection and we were happy to receive a pass. Very pleasant to work with.. would definitely call on them again.

Wanda Nowakowska from Toronto
Wanda Nowakowska from Toronto

Ongoing great service...!

We continue to be very pleased with the furnace, water heater and A/C unit that Belyea Bros installed [in our older Victorian home] a number of years ago. And it's always a pleasure to have Belyea's courteous and pleasant maintenance crew take care of seasonal servicing.

Paul arrived promptly, did our furnace maintenance quickly and efficiently — AND did a great clean-up afterward! Thank you, Paul. A pleasure to meet you!

And thank you, Elaine, for always responding to our calls so graciously!

We look forward to a cozy winter...:)

Air conditioning, furnace servicing, staff customer service

Staff rude and condescending.
Service Poor. Cleaned my furnace 3 years ago and refused to return for regular servicing after advising me to do so every two years. They insisted that I was not a customer despite me having a copy of a cheque I issued at the time of first service.
I tried to get a quote for installation of a huge project of central air conditioning in a 6,000 square foot home after they dropped off their advertising flyer.

I was UNABLE to, as the secretary insisted that I was "fabricating" the
truth. She was rude and condescending as was the personnel last year when I asked for furnace cleaning.

Hello Victoria,
I'm the Operations Manager at Belyea Brops Limited and would like to get to the bottom of this. I was trying to find you in our data base. I was not successful (based off your last name). Can you please call me at 416-425-1200 *226.
I would like to get your side of the story.
I do apologies for the inconvenience.
Stephen

Jeff from Toronto
Jeff from Toronto

Happy with Maintenance Service

416-425-1200
2 Thorncliffe Park Dr, Unit 24
M4H

I continue to be very satisfied with the annual maintenance service from Belyea Bros on our tankless heating/hot water furnace. It was easy to make the service appointment and our technician arrived on time, and was professional and courteous. I would recommend Belyea Bros.

candido in Toronto
candido in Toronto

radiant in floor heating

Dylan the service technician was very professional and very knowledgeable about our in floor heating system. He went beyond by giving us servicing recommendation to minimize our costs. We look forward to our business with your company and especially Dylan.

Annual maintenance

Annual maintenance on my boiler and A/C units. Dylan arrived on time and completed the job in a timely manner. He worked quietly and everything was tidied up when he finished.

James in Toronto
James in Toronto

Professional, Transparent & Punctual

As always, fantastic service! Arrived right at 9am & conducted very professional work. Belyea has saved our HVAC system after several other previous companies left us in shambles over the prior decade.

Hello James,

Professional and on time ! Some of the small things we try to do everyday for our clients. We are excited to read this review. I would love to know which one of our skilled techicians was providing service for you ?

More about Belyea Bros Limited

COOLING
At Belyea Bros. we install and service a range of air conditioning systems including forced air (central) air conditioning, ductless split air conditioners, and our custom designed Attic Pak and SpacePak systems. Due to our background as a hot water heating specialists we are experts at planning and executing cooling solutions for houses without ductwork.

HEATING
At Belyea Bros. Limited we hold the first heating license issued in Toronto. As a result, we have the experience to claim, “there is nothing about heating we don’t know”. We are experts in hot water, radiant in-floor, snow melt systems and forced air heating. Over a number of years we have carefully selected the products that we recommend to our customers. We sell only manufacturers that have a proven track record of quality and service so that we can offer you the best support possible. All the manufacturers we work with have parts centers or distributors within the GTA meaning we have access to a local support network. We offer only reliable premium equipment.

HOT WATER TANKS
Water heater rentals are a great solution for many homeowners who have a short-to-medium time frame in their house, own a tenanted property, are looking for a peace-of-mind solution to address their domestic hot water needs, or simply wish to have a clear idea of their monthly house budget over the long term without the worry of heater repairs.

Many consumers are confused by which company they actually rent their water heater from, thinking that because the charge appears on their gas bill that they rent from “gas-company”. In fact, most customers in Toronto rent their heaters from Centrica PLC, an international energy services company based in the United Kingdom, which operates in Canada under the brand name Direct Energy™. Although they bill on the gas bill, they are not, in any way, affiliated with your gas utility.

Belyea Bros. has a wide range of hot water tank solutions for your family’s needs. We have an excellent rental program providing a comparable rate and great reliable products. We provide a fix rate increase, unlike the other guys who may raise your billing at anytime.

TANKLESS HOT WATER
Tankless hot water heaters are common in Europe and Japan. They can supply an endless supply of hot water, with greater energy savings than conventional tanks. They are, however, limited in the amount of hot water that can be produced at one time and the upfront costs are higher.

ELECTRICAL SERVICE
Belyea Bros. Electrical specializes in helping home and business owners in the older neighborhoods of Toronto. We provide electrical service, repair and installation whether it’s diagnosing and fixing a broken outlet, or re-wiring your whole home, Belyea Bros. Electrical is here to help.