Bath Fitter

Richard
Richard
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Tub/show covering 2 years ago

The install was not intrusive, They were less then a day and didn't leave a mess. We had this done 2 years ago. The tub still looks good. I would recommend this over a tub replacement and re-tile.

Douglas in Toronto
Douglas in Toronto
1 review Schomberg, ON

Simple mistake led to flooded basement...

Installer only turned on water valve half-way causing pressure build up, fitting leak and basement flooding. A day of installation led to a nightmare when I went to my basement and realized water was coming up through my hardwood. Bath fitter response was contract boiler plate regarding the plumbing of the house, however pressure leak was caused by installer simply not reopening the main water valve all the way. Net result was an expensive and time consuming insurance claim. Indication from owner was that leaks were a frequent occurrence however no extra care or guidance was provided. Be sure to add an extra thousand to your quote to account for preventable issues. Highly recommend you look elsewhere for your remodel as this was an expensive mistake for us.

Douglas, we can appreciate your frustration in this matter however, there is no evidence to suggest turning on the water valve at any degree less than fully would cause a leak. The valve turns the water flow to the house on and off, and shouldn’t leak regardless of how much you turn the valve on. You later indicated to our team that you had had issues with the shut off valve in the past, but did not indicate this to our installer at the time of installation. Should you require any further assistance with your Bath Fitter unit in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Private User reviews , ON

What a waste of time

What a rough customer experience. So the product it self was good but the staff orchestrating it was horrible!

First of all the bathtub is $1,500+ Tax. They are very very coy about the price and won't tell you anything until you book a sales call. but when the sales guy walked in within 30 seconds he told me the price. I could have taken a picture of the tub and gotten an indication before having a sales call. Also the sales person took 30 minutes of my time. I had my dog in the back yard and one locked upstairs it was July and they just chatted to me for 25 extra minutes! it was a saturday. Sure I am in sales and I get it but come on I don't need 25 minutes of sales talk.

Next was booking the appt. I paid them $700 for a deposit that monday so less then 48 hours then having my time wasted, So I am motivated buyer. The take my money then say they will call me that thursday or friday to book the appt. Sure enough, the following WEDNESDAY I have to call them and ask for a time in which case their excuse was "O we had to confirm something but it has been confirmed so we can book you now" Once again being in sales that was just pathetic... Confirm WHAT the bathtub guy quoted me in 30 seconds and it takes 4 days to confirm you do my type of tub?

Finally when it comes to install day, I am told the installer will be there from 8 - 9. So I get my dogs out of the house have arrange the work schedule to be there and come in late etc. Sure enough at 9:15 no one is there so you guessed it I call the office and another classic excuse.

Our installer came in late to the warehouse but we didnt know so we couldnt call you. I would love to come in late and literally have NO ONE KNOW... which what they told. Luckily the job was done in a reasonable time but will see how it hold up. There are lots of options for getting a tub fitted I would recommend using anyone but bath fitter OR withholding funds.

KG in Toronto
KG in Toronto

Improper installation, mould, mildew

Complaint Description:
I originally called BathFitter to fix a problem pertaining to water under the bathtub liner. The cause of the water was determined to be improper caulking around the tub-to-wall joint. A plumber was called to replace the caulk, and remove the water. This was completed at a cost of $500 to me. Although the water was removed, 2 more problems soon arose: 1. Within less than a year mold and mildew started to form along the caulk joint. The mildew was forming in areas where the caulk joint failed and water started to get underneath. It seems like the plumber did not properly clean the joint to achieve adhesion, and/or used the incorrect caulk due to it's poor performance. 2. The larger problem was discovered when I removed the mouldy caulking, to replace it myself this time. When inspecting the joint up close, I can see the tub and wall panels were installed backwards. In other words the wall panels did not overlap the tub in a "shingle" fashion. Any water that gets in the joint is led directly behind the liner. I'm concerned about moisture behind the wall panels and tub liner. When incorrect installation of products has the potential to lead to health concerns and airborne mould, the company should be especially conscious of sound installation techniques, training, and 3rd party "plumbers" who are contracted to do repairs. The workmanship was irresponsible. The "plumber" replacing the caulking should have notified someone of the incorrect installation.

Hi KG, we are sorry to hear about this issue. We would like to better understand this situation so we may properly address it, however we are unable to locate your information in our system with the information provided, and thus cannot determine the Bath Fitter branch you worked with. Please give your local Bath Fitter branch a call at your earliest convenience so we may best address this matter. Thank you.

Tina in Toronto
Tina in Toronto
2 reviews Saint Eustache,

Bathtub Installation

They are very professional in service. Did job In time window that I needed. Bathtub looks in good installation condition also ready to use after 35 hours. they are hard worker. I'm very satisfied with the work done.

Thank you for your positive feedback Tina!

SB in Calgary
SB in Calgary

Better Business Bureau complaint filed

Initial install resulted in leak behind wall, creaky tub, and damaged stairs. Tub was replaced and caulking now cracking with black mold coming out of one area. I have called 3 times with no response about caulking and have now filed my complaint with the BBB. It has been difficult to connect both with the company and subcontractor throughout this nightmare process. I have not been abusive to the staff. I was told no compensation for the stairs because they need the subcontractor to fix them. The subcontractor who often just didnt show up. I just want this fixed properly. The price does not match the quality and ive paid a lot to have my home damaged and my life inconvenienced, not just by the amount of time to fix this, but the amount of time required to chase them down to fix this. I would not recommend them. If the install goes wrong you are in for quite the ride....

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We have passed this information along to your branch and understand they have been in contact. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

John in Ottawa
John in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathtub Liner, Tub Surround and Fixtures

In May, a complete bathtub liner, tub surround and fixtures was installed by Bath Fitters. Beautiful installation, transforms the bathroom.....we love it. We were very impressed with customer service provided by Phil Duford, General Manager. He came very quickly after installation and resolved some issues to our complete satisfaction.

Hi John, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Phil receives the recognition he deserves. Thanks again for your business!

brelex
brelex
1 review Johnson City, NY

Bathroom

Gutted our bathroom. Installed new piping. Enclosed tub and shower walls and wrapped our walls 2/3 up with the same product because our old tiles were falling off. Fixed all old water damage. Installed new bronze fixtures and two safety bars. We weren’t done painting or finishing the floor so they did not seal anything. We didn’t get done with that for six months. When we were ready I called and they had an installer come right out to finish sealing everything. Lifetime warranty. Our water is very hard. If needed they will replace the caulking every year along with a new shower head. It took our installer two 12 hour days from start to finish. Cleanup was good. No complaints on workmanship. A little pricey but what sold me was how quick they could get it done, the fact that we have all new piping behind the walls and the lifetime guaranty. I was never on hold long when I called. Very professional. Loved our salesman. I would recommend.

Hi, we are very happy to hear that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction throughout the entire process. Enjoy your new tub! Thank you again for your business!

Jennifer in Calgary
Jennifer in Calgary

Bathroom Renovation

My bathroom originally was falling apart. The base had been cracked and the water pressure was terrible. Andy from Bath Fitters was able to change all this. He added a structure to the base so it will never crack again. His experience in plumbing as changed the water pressure all while installing a new shower. I am so pleased with the service from bath fitters that I will definitely use them again.

Hi Jennifer, what a pleasure reading your review! We are thrilled to know that our team in Calgary went above and beyond to ensure a quality installation, and your full satisfaction! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Lherrle in Saint-Eustache
Lherrle in Saint-Eustache
1 review Saint Eustache, QC

New tub

Albert (installer) from bath fitters in Calgary came out to Okotoks to an apartment building that I manage and installed a new bathtub insert. He was quick and efficient and the install is beautiful. Would highly recommend his excellent work.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Albert gets the recognition he deserves. Thank you again for your business!

More about Bath Fitter

BATH FITTER provides more than just bathtub liners and bath surrounds. With more than 25 years of experience, we tailor each acrylic bathtub and shower to fit your specific bathroom. We also have a wide range of accessories including shower doors to complete your bathroom design. You get a comprehensive ...
Looking for Bathroom Renovation pros in Scarborough?