Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
1855 Dundas St. East Mississauga ON L4X 1M1
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Mississauga  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Lori in Cambridge
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

We bought very expensive laminate flooring because of the quality, thickness and warranty associated with but within 4 months it was peeling from the edges.
We called the store and salesman who sold us the product said the manager Nassar would call back. He never did. We called 3x and left messages - no return calls. We then went into the store and confronted the manager. He said someone would come out the following week to look at the floor. Once again, we had to chase down the manager to get him to follow through!
An installer came out and looked at the floor and said he'd never seen anything like it. He said it was a product defect and the product rep needs to come out and see it.

Once again, we had to contact hte store. The manager said he'd come out and take pictures so we booked time off work for the day. The day prior the Manager cancelled - said something came up but gave no explanation. We are still waiting for him to get back to us!

We are considering suing now since we cannot get anyone at Alexanian's to talk to us or back their products! This is the worst experience I've ever had with a 'service' organization. I'm surprised they are in business when they treat people like this. The lack of customer service oriented employees is a disgrace!

We paid more for this laminate than hardwood flooring!

Be careful - they will sell you anything and treat you well but God forbid you have a problem. WATCH OUT TOO they don't take returns if they sell you too much - we learned that the hard way!! They don't tell you when they sell it to you!

Job Price

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would also like to apologize for the two-week delay in responding as well. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your patience. As I understand, Nasser has offered you a full replacement. I also understand that you are looking at hardwood flooring instead. We really appreciate the fact that you are continuing to work with us through this problem. Your business is very important to us! We would love to have the opportunity to earn your business again in the future. Regards, Allan Alexanian

petru in mississauga

The contractor did a very quick and high quality instalation. He was very accomodating with the time slot, he came at a very convenient hour, in the evening and did a good job

Dora, Clarkson

After finding that we and a professional carpet cleaner couldn't remove a coffee stain from cream-coloured carpeting on our stairs, we decided to see if we could replace just a portion of the carpet. The store manager at Alexanian treated us as though we were spending ten times the amount - samples to take home, careful matching, and cordial, courteous service. The crowning achievement was the installer, who did a terrific job and was courteous and clean. I would recommend this store without reservation, and intend to return when I need new carpet for a room or an entire floor.

JF in North Toronto

Alexanian was contracted to supply & install a low maintainance beige berber in the upstairs of a 3 bedroom house before a move in. Low maintanence product that would not show foot prints was the key criteria. The salesman assured me that "trackless" carpeting was just that and would not show foot prints. While it was being installed I knew there was a huge problem. Every step showed and the carpet was matted down. A manager came out and called the issue "roll crush" and made an appt for an inspector to evaluate. The inspector stated the problem had nothing to do with roll crush but was 1) a style of carpet that would always show steps because it was tactesse - an extra soft synthetic fibre. 2) matted down because of excess solvents left in the carpet during manufactuing. the inspector took a sample away for testing because there was clearly an issue. Two weeks go by and the Alexanian manager calls to find out when he can sell hte next project & make some more money. His followup was about his next order, not to see if the 1st job was complete and satisfactory. I informed him that nothing more was happening until hte 1st job was corrected. He then promised to follow up and get to a resolution. Wait a couple more weeks.
His next call was to tell me that sample sent for testing was lost so they couldn't get results - what a coincidence. He made no attempt to collect another sample to complete testing - he really didn't want the results.
The latest call with this manager (after 5 1/2 months of ongoing hassle) was to discuss the 2nd job that he viewed as still open for discussion. I am exhausted and fed up. I have resigned myself to being scr&wed out of the cost of this installation but it is better to walk away than deal with these people anymore.

I will start my research again to find a reputable company that will rip out the below standard product without giving me an addiotnal part time job of followup.

JF,
I am sorry that your experience has been less than satisfactory. I assure you that we do take service quite seriously and I appreciate the feedback. As I understand, our store manager has emailed you a proposal which I have included below. I hope it meets your satisfaction. And above all I hope that we can earn your business back in the future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments.
Regards,
Allan Alexanian

"Hello JF,

As per your request, I'm e-mailing this proposal to address your concerns with your installed broadloom.

Alexanian's is prepared to to offer you a full replacement of the carpet installed on your second floor and on your staircase. Since you are not happy with the installed carpet as it shows footprints you may re -select the style and the colour as long as it is of an equivalent quality and price. Alexanian's will be responsible for all costs of product and installation replacement. If you like to proceed with the carpeting in the basement you can also re -select a carpet for this area.

As you apprised me of your "family situation" Alexanian's will give you a full year from the date of this e-mail to make your re-selection.

Trusting this proposal will meet your approval, I will await your reply.

Respectfully,

Matthew Barrett
Store Manager
Alexanian Flooring
1855 Dundas st East
Mississauga, Ont."

Christina & Drew from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

We went to great lengths to renovate our basement and wanted the finishing touch of carpeting to reflect this. We did our research about different carpeting and compared prices. We decided to go with Alexanians based on recommendations from family/friends and we were not disappointed. Garo Magakian took care of everything from start to finish. The installers were fantastic -friendly,exceptional installation and cleanup was quick. They even vaccuumed at the end. We are very happy with our experience, thanks to Garo. We will not hesitate to return to Alexanian's for any future flooring purchases. Thank you.

Alloy Casting, New Hamburg
1 review Waterloo, ON

We got an excellent carpet from a local Canadian manufacturer at a reasonable price and in a very short delivery time. The installer went out of his way to work around our schedule. We will certainly call them for any other flooring needs we may have in the future.

Barbara in London
1 review London, ON

We had DuraCeramic installed in our kitchen, the installer, Shawn was excellent. We had a small problem with 2 tiles not adhering properly but I have complete faith that this will be taken care of. These days it seems that customer service is non-existant but that is not the case at Alexanians - Wonderland St. North.

Deanne in Oak Bay
1 review St. Stephen, NB

We discovered the company through an on-line search. Their web site is easy to navigate and we were able to search for (and find) just the right rug. The first order arrived on time and we were delighted with the product. When searching for the second rug, we were a little unsure of how the colour shades would work since both rugs were for the same room. The folk at Alexanian were most helpful, they contacted me about my query, and even took the time to photograph swatches of both rugs to show the colours together. A great Company to do business with!

Dave in Barrhaven
1 review Nepean, ON

When I ordered laminate flooring for the 3 bedrooms and hallway on the second floor of our house I realized that due to some large and heavy furniture it was not going to be an easy job.

The flooring was delivered on time and the installers were most helpful in moving some of the heaver pieces. After laying a number of strips of laminate the installers called our attention to some imperfections in the shading on some of the boards. In reporting back to the Merivale Store the salesman and magager immediatly called the installation off and advised that a total new batch was to be ordered immediatley. After some thought my wife and I had lost a little confidence in that particular product and the store called us in and helped us choose a different type and manufacturer.

In realization of the inconvienence the store rushed the order through and rearranged the installer work schedule so that we had the total new flooring installed within one week of the first visit. We also had the total stairs recarpeted and this went without a hitch with the carpet being installed as and when promised.

I was truly impressed with the level of prompt and professional curtosy afforded us and the quick action taken on something that was a manufactures defect and not of Alexanians making. Prior to going to Alexanian we did try out several other retailers but their manner and approach truly turned us off.

Our experiance in dealing with the Merivale Alexanian store was exeptional and I would have no hesitation in recommending their service to anyone.

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 17 locations in 12 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.

Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Shutters & Blinds, Carpet Installers, and Floor Laying & Refinishing
Hand-Knotted Persian and Oriental Rugs, Machine-Made Area Rugs, Sisal, Seagrass, Custom Rugs, Slate, Ceramic, Marble, Granite, Hardwood, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate, Vinyl, Wall to Wall Carpet, Hunter Douglas Window Coverings.
Professional Services Include: In-Home Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, Area Rug and Oriental Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Rug Binding, Fringing, Repair and Restoration Services, Floor and Tile laying, Carpet Installation, Custom Made Area Rugs, Window Covering Installation, Free Shop At Home Service.
Mannington, Lauzon, Kahrs, Philadelphia, Mohawk, Stainmaster, Masland, Cabin Craft, Fabrica, Shaw, Tuftex, Scotchgard, Wunda Weave, Kathy Ireland, Godfrey Hurst, Teragren, Solida, Columbia, Wilsonart, Dal Tile, Congoleum, Marmoleum, Borealis, Sarana, Twelve Oaks, Nourison, Karastan, Jaipur, Hellenic.
Alexanian's offers all styles, textures and colour variations in our flooring. Ranging from the most traditional through to transitional and contemporary styles, we carry a vast array of rug and flooring choices.
Alexanian's offers unique rugs from around the world, a huge selection of carpet and flooring styles and full service installation. Our impeccable service and customer care is Alexanian's specialty!
1925