Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
1855 Dundas St. East Mississauga ON L4X 1M1
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Mississauga  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Barbara in London
1 review London, ON

We had DuraCeramic installed in our kitchen, the installer, Shawn was excellent. We had a small problem with 2 tiles not adhering properly but I have complete faith that this will be taken care of. These days it seems that customer service is non-existant but that is not the case at Alexanians - Wonderland St. North.

Deanne in Oak Bay
1 review St. Stephen, NB

We discovered the company through an on-line search. Their web site is easy to navigate and we were able to search for (and find) just the right rug. The first order arrived on time and we were delighted with the product. When searching for the second rug, we were a little unsure of how the colour shades would work since both rugs were for the same room. The folk at Alexanian were most helpful, they contacted me about my query, and even took the time to photograph swatches of both rugs to show the colours together. A great Company to do business with!

Dave in Barrhaven
1 review Nepean, ON

When I ordered laminate flooring for the 3 bedrooms and hallway on the second floor of our house I realized that due to some large and heavy furniture it was not going to be an easy job.

The flooring was delivered on time and the installers were most helpful in moving some of the heaver pieces. After laying a number of strips of laminate the installers called our attention to some imperfections in the shading on some of the boards. In reporting back to the Merivale Store the salesman and magager immediatly called the installation off and advised that a total new batch was to be ordered immediatley. After some thought my wife and I had lost a little confidence in that particular product and the store called us in and helped us choose a different type and manufacturer.

In realization of the inconvienence the store rushed the order through and rearranged the installer work schedule so that we had the total new flooring installed within one week of the first visit. We also had the total stairs recarpeted and this went without a hitch with the carpet being installed as and when promised.

I was truly impressed with the level of prompt and professional curtosy afforded us and the quick action taken on something that was a manufactures defect and not of Alexanians making. Prior to going to Alexanian we did try out several other retailers but their manner and approach truly turned us off.

Our experiance in dealing with the Merivale Alexanian store was exeptional and I would have no hesitation in recommending their service to anyone.

ASH1974
1 review Kanata, ON

We required 1,000 sq ft. of carpet in our basement quickly so we went to the biggest flooring store in our area. The lady helping us was quite nice and helpful. The man, Mario, kept intruding and undermining her. This would become a pattern in my future dealing with him. There was an agreement about installation date, then at the last minute they said there might be a change, to which I was very upset. I have never in my lifetime ever been spoken to or treated the way I was by him. He was rude, arrogant and sexist. When we were speaking the morning of the installation, there was a disagreement and he told me the "deal was off and I wouldn't get my $2,000 deposit back." So therefore, I would not get my carpet or my deposit back. He then instructed me to go shop at Kanata Flooring, which I later found out was out of business because they couldn't compete with a bigger company like Alexanian. It was to be rude on purpose, like he could care less about me or my custom. I was so upset and horrified that I still had to work with this guy, I called the head office in Toronto which was a big step in the right direction. The Director of Customer Service was much nicer and much more helpful. He dealt with Mario from then on and even gave us a gift card for dinner out in our neighborhood. We ended up getting our carpet which is lovely however I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to deal with the likes of Mario. He seems to treat all women like garbage so make sure your mothers & grnadmothers stay away from there. If I could go back in time, I would have gone somewhere else and paid double to have better customer service. GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Job Price

I would like to apologize for the rude and arrogant behavior that you received. Mario's behavior was completely unacceptable and your comments are certainly justified. I am glad to hear that our District Manager took control of the situation and made sure that the installation went well. I am also glad to hear that he tried to compensate you in some measure for this unfortunate incident and followed up with you after that. We do take our service quite seriously and I wish I could convince you to try us out in the future as we do value your business. Thank you for your feedback. Allan Alexanian

Kate Tairyan, Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Thank you so much for your high quality customer service and for your thoughtfulness. We received our lovely rug, and it looks much prettier here on our living room floor than it did on the computer screen. The whole family loves it, and we look forward to our next purchase from your "five star" online store.

Isabel C
1 review Clarke City,

Alexanian was very patient in helping us choose our rug. Responding to Emails very rapidly, within the same day, their suggestions were helpful and were not aimed at selling us the most expensive rug, on the contrary! Shippment was rapid and efficient. We strongly recommend doing buisness with them for your flooring needs.

Basements by Ballantyne

Being a local contractor, it's very important that I can guide my clients to service suppliers who take their business seriously.
I've had confidence in sending my clients to the Newmarket store for years! I deliver quality first, that expectation in met at Alexanian Carpet & Flooring.

D Persad in Toronto

I was skeptical at first at the thought of purchasing a rug online without ever seeing it but when I received it I was more that impressed. I will definitely shop at Alexanian again for my next rug purchase. Overall, high quality goods, great price and efficient service.

K - Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

The installers were unfamiliar of how to properly install berber carpeting. They damaged our hardwood flooring during the process. The repair & replacement of the incorrectly installed carpeting and hardwood floor was very good however the job was not fully completed & Alexanian's never followed-up on closure prior to billing. We will not be purchasing carpeting again from Alexanian's.

Job Price

Dear K, thank you for your comments. We do take service very seriously and appreciate the feedback.

Occasionally things do happen, but at Alexanian's we always stand behind our work even after payment has been made.

I appreciate your comments, and I hope you do contact me if the issues have not been resolved.

Regards, Allan Alexanian - 905-527-2857 ext. 301

Claire in Toronto

We have bought our hardwood flooring from Alexanian twice in 2 years (2 different houses). David helped us both times. He gave us excellent advice, and was very responsive when we called back with questions afterwards. We got great value for the money. We highly recommend dealing with him and Alexanian!

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 17 locations in 12 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.

Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Shutters & Blinds, Carpet Installers, and Floor Laying & Refinishing
Hand-Knotted Persian and Oriental Rugs, Machine-Made Area Rugs, Sisal, Seagrass, Custom Rugs, Slate, Ceramic, Marble, Granite, Hardwood, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate, Vinyl, Wall to Wall Carpet, Hunter Douglas Window Coverings.
Professional Services Include: In-Home Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, Area Rug and Oriental Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Rug Binding, Fringing, Repair and Restoration Services, Floor and Tile laying, Carpet Installation, Custom Made Area Rugs, Window Covering Installation, Free Shop At Home Service.
Mannington, Lauzon, Kahrs, Philadelphia, Mohawk, Stainmaster, Masland, Cabin Craft, Fabrica, Shaw, Tuftex, Scotchgard, Wunda Weave, Kathy Ireland, Godfrey Hurst, Teragren, Solida, Columbia, Wilsonart, Dal Tile, Congoleum, Marmoleum, Borealis, Sarana, Twelve Oaks, Nourison, Karastan, Jaipur, Hellenic.
Alexanian's offers all styles, textures and colour variations in our flooring. Ranging from the most traditional through to transitional and contemporary styles, we carry a vast array of rug and flooring choices.
Alexanian's offers unique rugs from around the world, a huge selection of carpet and flooring styles and full service installation. Our impeccable service and customer care is Alexanian's specialty!
1925