Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
1855 Dundas St. East Mississauga ON L4X 1M1
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Mississauga  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

John & Eleanor in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

We had a small issue with our grouting. After a call to Ken, he fixed it at no charge to us. He came as soon as he heard we were having a problem. Service at this store is incredible. Prices are fair and the workmanship of their installers is superb.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am glad we could correct the problem.

Andy in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

We moved into a new home this year. My wife wanted to replace the carpet as it was dated and pink. Not a good colour choice for the rooms of two boys. We didn’t want to go to a big box store. We believed that a strictly flooring store was the way to go. We looked around and decided to go with Alexanian's because of their reputation and longevity in the industry. Our experience at the Burlington Store was great. Our salesman was very helpful. We selected our carpet and waited for installation. The installers were arrived on time. Unfortunately the job wasn’t completed that day, they ran out of carpet. Prior to leaving my wife and I inspected their work. It was well done for the most part. However, there were two stains on the carpet. They were caused by the installers. After trying to clean them they damaged the wool. Another installer was required to attend to finish the job and try to fix the damage the first installers did. He was unable to do so and recommended that the carpet be replaced. We decided on a date and waited. What ended up happening is the installer tore up the damaged carpet in the hall. Rather than replacing it at a previous seam, he cut it and added another seam. A third was added in our master bedroom. A representative from the store was at our house today. He repeated at least 10 times that he had to give us another 26 ft of carpet for the replacement. He also said it in such a way that both my wife and I felt that he was basically saying, “I already done this for you what more do you want, I have to make sure I make a profit". We reiterated that it was his installers that caused the problem in the first place, if they hadn't stained the carpet, he wouldnt be here now. The carpet has a waffle pattern; he explained to us that it is a difficult pattern to align. So his answer to make it work is to add another seam in our master bedroom using the left over carpet from the previous installation. I really do understand the need to keep costs down. However, we paid what we feel is a considerable amount of money for this carpet and installation. I believe the more seams you have the greater likelihood of it separating down the road. Neither my wife nor I are happy with the situation. We are disappointed with what is going on and are questioning our choice of Alexanian. We feel that we will be on the losing end as the carpet will just have more and more seams added and never be fixed to a reasonable expectation. How we lose out because of the damage caused by Alexanian's own installers is beyond me. Some may disagree with me but if the store is not going to turn as big a profit or lose money on a job because their employees damaged product thats too bad. Leaving the customer holding the short end of the stick isnt fair. They did nothing wrong, other than chose that company. I guess the craftsmanship and customer service the Alexanian's built their reputation on isn’t what it used to be.

Rosco
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

We used Alexanian's to do our main floor make over
Their installers were top notch, professional and efficient.
The sales people at the Upper James location were great in helping us with our flooring choices.

Thank you for the kind words!

Mare in Eastgate
3 reviews Stoney Creek, ON

Company rep who answer the phone order was polite and friendly. All my questions were answered the price was fair and reasonable. I made an appointment date and time and their employee was there as agreed. He did an excellent job

Lori in Cambridge
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

We bought very expensive laminate flooring because of the quality, thickness and warranty associated with but within 4 months it was peeling from the edges.
We called the store and salesman who sold us the product said the manager Nassar would call back. He never did. We called 3x and left messages - no return calls. We then went into the store and confronted the manager. He said someone would come out the following week to look at the floor. Once again, we had to chase down the manager to get him to follow through!
An installer came out and looked at the floor and said he'd never seen anything like it. He said it was a product defect and the product rep needs to come out and see it.

Once again, we had to contact hte store. The manager said he'd come out and take pictures so we booked time off work for the day. The day prior the Manager cancelled - said something came up but gave no explanation. We are still waiting for him to get back to us!

We are considering suing now since we cannot get anyone at Alexanian's to talk to us or back their products! This is the worst experience I've ever had with a 'service' organization. I'm surprised they are in business when they treat people like this. The lack of customer service oriented employees is a disgrace!

We paid more for this laminate than hardwood flooring!

Be careful - they will sell you anything and treat you well but God forbid you have a problem. WATCH OUT TOO they don't take returns if they sell you too much - we learned that the hard way!! They don't tell you when they sell it to you!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would also like to apologize for the two-week delay in responding as well. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your patience. As I understand, Nasser has offered you a full replacement. I also understand that you are looking at hardwood flooring instead. We really appreciate the fact that you are continuing to work with us through this problem. Your business is very important to us! We would love to have the opportunity to earn your business again in the future. Regards, Allan Alexanian

petru in mississauga

The contractor did a very quick and high quality instalation. He was very accomodating with the time slot, he came at a very convenient hour, in the evening and did a good job

Dora, Clarkson

After finding that we and a professional carpet cleaner couldn't remove a coffee stain from cream-coloured carpeting on our stairs, we decided to see if we could replace just a portion of the carpet. The store manager at Alexanian treated us as though we were spending ten times the amount - samples to take home, careful matching, and cordial, courteous service. The crowning achievement was the installer, who did a terrific job and was courteous and clean. I would recommend this store without reservation, and intend to return when I need new carpet for a room or an entire floor.

JF in North Toronto

Alexanian was contracted to supply & install a low maintainance beige berber in the upstairs of a 3 bedroom house before a move in. Low maintanence product that would not show foot prints was the key criteria. The salesman assured me that "trackless" carpeting was just that and would not show foot prints. While it was being installed I knew there was a huge problem. Every step showed and the carpet was matted down. A manager came out and called the issue "roll crush" and made an appt for an inspector to evaluate. The inspector stated the problem had nothing to do with roll crush but was 1) a style of carpet that would always show steps because it was tactesse - an extra soft synthetic fibre. 2) matted down because of excess solvents left in the carpet during manufactuing. the inspector took a sample away for testing because there was clearly an issue. Two weeks go by and the Alexanian manager calls to find out when he can sell hte next project & make some more money. His followup was about his next order, not to see if the 1st job was complete and satisfactory. I informed him that nothing more was happening until hte 1st job was corrected. He then promised to follow up and get to a resolution. Wait a couple more weeks.
His next call was to tell me that sample sent for testing was lost so they couldn't get results - what a coincidence. He made no attempt to collect another sample to complete testing - he really didn't want the results.
The latest call with this manager (after 5 1/2 months of ongoing hassle) was to discuss the 2nd job that he viewed as still open for discussion. I am exhausted and fed up. I have resigned myself to being scr&wed out of the cost of this installation but it is better to walk away than deal with these people anymore.

I will start my research again to find a reputable company that will rip out the below standard product without giving me an addiotnal part time job of followup.

JF,
I am sorry that your experience has been less than satisfactory. I assure you that we do take service quite seriously and I appreciate the feedback. As I understand, our store manager has emailed you a proposal which I have included below. I hope it meets your satisfaction. And above all I hope that we can earn your business back in the future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments.
Regards,

"Hello JF,

As per your request, I'm e-mailing this proposal to address your concerns with your installed broadloom.

Alexanian's is prepared to to offer you a full replacement of the carpet installed on your second floor and on your staircase. Since you are not happy with the installed carpet as it shows footprints you may re -select the style and the colour as long as it is of an equivalent quality and price. Alexanian's will be responsible for all costs of product and installation replacement. If you like to proceed with the carpeting in the basement you can also re -select a carpet for this area.

As you apprised me of your "family situation" Alexanian's will give you a full year from the date of this e-mail to make your re-selection.

Trusting this proposal will meet your approval, I will await your reply.

Respectfully,

Matthew Barrett
Store Manager
Alexanian Flooring
1855 Dundas st East
Mississauga, Ont."

Christina & Drew from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

We went to great lengths to renovate our basement and wanted the finishing touch of carpeting to reflect this. We did our research about different carpeting and compared prices. We decided to go with Alexanians based on recommendations from family/friends and we were not disappointed. Garo Magakian took care of everything from start to finish. The installers were fantastic -friendly,exceptional installation and cleanup was quick. They even vaccuumed at the end. We are very happy with our experience, thanks to Garo. We will not hesitate to return to Alexanian's for any future flooring purchases. Thank you.

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 17 locations in 12 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.

Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Shutters & Blinds, Carpet Installers, and Floor Laying & Refinishing
Hand-Knotted Persian and Oriental Rugs, Machine-Made Area Rugs, Sisal, Seagrass, Custom Rugs, Slate, Ceramic, Marble, Granite, Hardwood, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate, Vinyl, Wall to Wall Carpet, Hunter Douglas Window Coverings.
Professional Services Include: In-Home Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, Area Rug and Oriental Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Rug Binding, Fringing, Repair and Restoration Services, Floor and Tile laying, Carpet Installation, Custom Made Area Rugs, Window Covering Installation, Free Shop At Home Service.
Mannington, Lauzon, Kahrs, Philadelphia, Mohawk, Stainmaster, Masland, Cabin Craft, Fabrica, Shaw, Tuftex, Scotchgard, Wunda Weave, Kathy Ireland, Godfrey Hurst, Teragren, Solida, Columbia, Wilsonart, Dal Tile, Congoleum, Marmoleum, Borealis, Sarana, Twelve Oaks, Nourison, Karastan, Jaipur, Hellenic.
Alexanian's offers all styles, textures and colour variations in our flooring. Ranging from the most traditional through to transitional and contemporary styles, we carry a vast array of rug and flooring choices.
Alexanian's offers unique rugs from around the world, a huge selection of carpet and flooring styles and full service installation. Our impeccable service and customer care is Alexanian's specialty!
1925