Pest Detective

Reviews for Pest Detective

dmj in Langley
dmj in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Best Pest Control and Elimination Company out there!!

I have tried several pest control companies. Both well known ones and obscure ones and in each case I found them expensive and non effectual.
I was desperate (arachnophobia is no joke) and thought to try Pest Dectective as friends on Bowen Island swear by them. Thank God there is a branch in Surrey and Langley. Ken S. came out and after talking to my husband and I, he understood the severity of my phobia and went above and beyond in spraying and bombing my house. He then got rid of the terrible ant problem outside. He also helped our neighbours with their wasp in the attic problem. He also set up my house exterior spray program and looked after our mouse and rodent on-going control. When we moved to Langley I begged Ken to come and set up the same program in our new house. I am so happy and peaceful in our house thanks to him and Pest Dectective. Ken - you ROCK!!

This is fantastic to read!! Thank you for taking the time to share it with us and potential customers, we really do appreciate your kind words! And we will be sure to share it with Ken! Sarah @ PD

matt in Maple Ridge
matt in Maple Ridge
5 reviews West Vancouver, BC

bait & switch pricing + rude management.

Called and was quoted $75 for lawn ant spraying or $230 for carpenter ants which would require more "intensive" treatment. Made appointment for Thursday for the lawn ants, which was then cancelled and rescheduled for Friday morning at 7AM... at 7:30 they showed up, spent 10 minutes at the house, and issued an invoice for $230+tax.

If you like bait & switch pricing, and paying your pest company more than your lawyer, call these guys up.

To top it all off, when we tried to resolve the pricing discrepancy, was called by 3 seperate people, forced to repeat the entire story 3 times, and repeatedly told that I made a mistake and told that there was no $75 pricing (and later, in that same phone call, told $75 is for wasps?)... all a very frustrating experience.

The strawberry on top of the cake is the treatment didn't work.

Hi Matt,

Our manager was speaking with someone yesterday with regards to this and was disconnected. She attempted to call back a couple times before leaving a message to continue the conversation. Please call us so we can make this right with you. We would very much appreciate that opportunity.

Pest Detective
604-988-3330.

Dina W.
Dina W.
2 reviews Langley, BC

Bird nest removal

The professionalism of the technician sent in was amazing! He did such a thorough job, and took the time to explain to me what he was going to do and why. I have brought Pest Detective in again for ant control as well and their thoroughness and cleanliness is outstanding. (plus i haven't seen any ants since!) I will definitely be using them in the future and will recommend them.

Thanks so much for sharing Dina! We appreciate the review and are more than happy to help! Sarah @ Pest Detective.

DDUNGEY
DDUNGEY
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Pest Control

Pest Detective is always thorough and the technician was very good with explaining to my teenage sons what work was being completed

Thanks for sharing the positive review! I am very glad to hear our technician was able to make your son feel comfortable and explain the science behind the service we provided.

1 review North Vancouver, BC

Used them over the year to get rid of rodent problem. Unfortunately did not check regarding warranty etc. Problem persisted and when complained received good follow up and an experienced technician to resolve issue.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks very much for allowing us to resolve this problem for you, we really do appreciate it. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to assist you with any future pest concerns.
- The PD team.

Karen of View Royal BC in North Vancouver
Karen of View Royal BC in North Vancouver

Great customer service

I was delightfully surprised by the excellent service we received by Pest Detective. Our fellow was very knowledgeable, effective, on time and friendly. Completely satisfied, there was no need to call him back for follow up.
I would highly recommend Pest Detective for your pest control needs.

Glad we were able to help you solve your pest problem. We really appreciate you sharing your positive experience on HomeStars too! We never get tired of hearing from satisfied customers. It is why we do what we do. Thanks for posting the picture too!
Chris @ Pest Detective

MVBSP in Chilliwack
MVBSP in Chilliwack
1 review Chilliwack, BC

You don't need pest Detective for getting rid of mice

Moved into a new build in Chilliwack, saw mice and droppings and flipped out. Called Pest Detective and they charged $200 for initial consult: guy came looking unkempt, tramped around with shoes on and left bits of insulation walking through, asked if we had ladder (to do his job) and left bait traps, 3 snap traps (1 broke in one day, another just now). Stayed about 50mins. For follow up I requested another person and specifically asked if they can assess and secure exterior entry points (which is what I prioritized the most). Was told they would be able to assess, and at the time of assessment do some sealing of entry points (if "easy to do" - person at office was pretty vague about what kind of work they could do sealing entry points). If they were to do so it would be $140/hour.

The guy came and looked at how much bait had been taken, refilled them and looked around for about an hour. Had nothing on hand to actually seal possible entry points.

Save your money and get your own bait traps, monitor their consumption yourself. No professional skills needed for those steps Their snap traps are cheap and the mice we caught were only with the better traps/electrocution devices we picked up ourselves.

All I wanted in the first place was someone to assess and seal entry points. Not done.

We are sorry to hear you had a less than satisfactory experience with our company. If you are open to discussing this in more detail please call our head office at 604-850-5551. We we happy to talk about it and hopefully resolve this for you.
Sarah @ PD

Wade B.
Wade B.

Perimeter spray.

Since the Pest Detective started taking care our property our house is very livable. Before that time our deck, kitchen and hallways looked like an insect lab experiment gone wrong. They were everywhere.

Glad to hear we made your house a better place to be in! Home sweet home again.
Thanks for the positive and funny review too!

brett.armstrong
brett.armstrong

Wasp removal

My experience with Pests Decetive was top notch. Right from the get go the work was second to none. The pest detective employee was quick to solve my problem. Within a matter of minutes he had already located the problem area and began to clear it. It's been two years since the work was done and I'm happy to say our wasp problem is gone!

I would recommend them to anyone!

Thanks for sharing your experience Brett. Hearing from satisfied customers never gets old ;)

1 review New Westminster, BC

"No signs of anything, looks OK"

The technician that came out was very friendly. However I paid a good amount to have a problem solved- of which it is still recurring- the rats are in my walls and nothing new has been done to have it resolved except refilling my boxes with more poison. I even had to suggest where I believe the entrance was when the technician kept saying there is no sign anywhere of an entrance. I'm pretty dissapointed with overall experience as the issue was NEVER solved and it still costed me money. There is no gaurantee here and a real waste of time to which I hope there is no reproduction of rats in my walls. Here's to hoping the next company will not just take my money but ACTUALLY SOLVE MY RAT PROBLEM.

We are sorry you had such a negative experience. We definitely would like an opportunity to correct this with you as we want you to be a happy customer. We won't be satisfied until you are satisfied with your experience. We would be happy to offer a complimentary visit with a fresh set of eyes to help correct the issue. Please give us a chance to address this before choosing a different company - as we cannot see who you are, please call our office to discuss the next steps. 604-988-3330. Thank you. Sarah @ Pest Detective.

More about Pest Detective

No one appreciates uninvited guests. The Pest Detective team provides a comprehensive property inspection and thorough extermination to protect you, your loved ones, and your property from dangerous or bothersome pests, rodents, insects, and wildlife. We visit homes and offices to offer environmentally friendly, non-toxic pest control and extermination solutions.

Call Pest Detective today if you suspect the presence of ants, bed bugs, fleas mice, raccoons, rats, skunks, termites, or any other bothersome pests!

To protect your privacy, unmarked vehicles are available upon request. We can respond to your calls or emails 24 hours a day. With a team of professional, university-trained technicians, we are the pest control and extermination service the lower mainland, Vancouver, Victoria, Surrey and the surrounding area have trusted since 1986.

Pest Detective is licensed & certified by the Ministry of the Environment
- A member of Structural Pest Management Association of B.C.
- A member of the National Pest Management Association
- A member of the Canadian Pest Management Association

Pest & Animal Control
Pest Detective has seven convenient offices spread throughout British Columbia. We provide quick, environmentally friendly pest control service for the Lower Mainland, Vancouver, North Shore, Fraser Valley, Victoria and beyond! We are well trained and certified to handle the pests that live in your area.
INSECTS: carpenter ant extermination, pavement ant control, termite control, spider extermination, earwig extermination, flea control, fly control, silverfish extermination, bed bug extermination, pillbug & sowbug extermination, millipede control, mite control, hornet extermination, bee control, wasp control, yellow jacket extermination, cockroach extermination, pantry pest control. RODENTS: rat extermination, mice extermination. Wildlife: mole control, raccoon control, skunk extermination, squirrel control, opossums control, bat extermination. BIRDS: pigeon control, seagull control. PEST Identification, PEST ID
Pest Detective®
Innovative, educated, efficient and eco-friendly pest control and extermination solutions.
Birds, Rodents, Insects & Wildlife.
1986
Cash, Cheque, Visa & Mastercard
Structural Pest Management Business service , Structural applicators license
Structural Pest Management Association of BC, Canadian Pest Management Association, National Pest Ma
Bachelor of Science, Biology