Pest Detective

Pest & Animal Control
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Pest Detective

MVBSP in Chilliwack
1 review Chilliwack, BC

Moved into a new build in Chilliwack, saw mice and droppings and flipped out. Called Pest Detective and they charged $200 for initial consult: guy came looking unkempt, tramped around with shoes on and left bits of insulation walking through, asked if we had ladder (to do his job) and left bait traps, 3 snap traps (1 broke in one day, another just now). Stayed about 50mins. For follow up I requested another person and specifically asked if they can assess and secure exterior entry points (which is what I prioritized the most). Was told they would be able to assess, and at the time of assessment do some sealing of entry points (if "easy to do" - person at office was pretty vague about what kind of work they could do sealing entry points). If they were to do so it would be $140/hour.

The guy came and looked at how much bait had been taken, refilled them and looked around for about an hour. Had nothing on hand to actually seal possible entry points.

Save your money and get your own bait traps, monitor their consumption yourself. No professional skills needed for those steps Their snap traps are cheap and the mice we caught were only with the better traps/electrocution devices we picked up ourselves.

All I wanted in the first place was someone to assess and seal entry points. Not done.

Job Price

We are sorry to hear you had a less than satisfactory experience with our company. If you are open to discussing this in more detail please call our head office at 604-850-5551. We we happy to talk about it and hopefully resolve this for you.
Sarah @ PD

Wade B.
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Since the Pest Detective started taking care our property our house is very livable. Before that time our deck, kitchen and hallways looked like an insect lab experiment gone wrong. They were everywhere.

Job Price

Glad to hear we made your house a better place to be in! Home sweet home again.
Thanks for the positive and funny review too!

brett.armstrong
1 review North Vancouver, BC

My experience with Pests Decetive was top notch. Right from the get go the work was second to none. The pest detective employee was quick to solve my problem. Within a matter of minutes he had already located the problem area and began to clear it. It's been two years since the work was done and I'm happy to say our wasp problem is gone!

I would recommend them to anyone!

Job Price

Thanks for sharing your experience Brett. Hearing from satisfied customers never gets old ;)

1 review New Westminster, BC

The technician that came out was very friendly. However I paid a good amount to have a problem solved- of which it is still recurring- the rats are in my walls and nothing new has been done to have it resolved except refilling my boxes with more poison. I even had to suggest where I believe the entrance was when the technician kept saying there is no sign anywhere of an entrance. I'm pretty dissapointed with overall experience as the issue was NEVER solved and it still costed me money. There is no gaurantee here and a real waste of time to which I hope there is no reproduction of rats in my walls. Here's to hoping the next company will not just take my money but ACTUALLY SOLVE MY RAT PROBLEM.

Job Price

We are sorry you had such a negative experience. We definitely would like an opportunity to correct this with you as we want you to be a happy customer. We won't be satisfied until you are satisfied with your experience. We would be happy to offer a complimentary visit with a fresh set of eyes to help correct the issue. Please give us a chance to address this before choosing a different company - as we cannot see who you are, please call our office to discuss the next steps. 604-988-3330. Thank you. Sarah @ Pest Detective.

Susan Kay in Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

My husband left our garage door open one night in the cold weather and a rat decided to wander into our home and take up residence in the wall. I am deathly afraid of rodents, to the point that I nearly had to move to a hotel. I called several Pest Removal businesses and they all told me they were booked into the following week. I was beside myself and contacted North Shore Pest Detectives. They could hear the shear terror in my voice and went out of their way to get me someone in a timely fashion. Jonah came to our home two days later. He was a delightful young man who was so reassuring and knowledgeable about our rat problem. He spent time answering my endless questions and really made me feel like the problem would be sorted out quickly. He was professional and took pride in his job. Thankfully the rat was removed and I can now enjoy my home again. Big THANKS to Jonah!!!

Job Price

Glad to hear you had such a great experience! Thank you for your review! Sarah @ Pest Detective

Ken in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

We have had great service from Doug at Pest Detective since switching over from another company. Doug is courteous, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. The treatment Doug has used has been very effective. I would definitely recommend Pest Detective to others.

Job Price

We are happy to hear your experience with our company has been so positive. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Sarah @ Pest Detective

JimLee in Toronto
1 review North Vancouver, BC

These guys are very professional and courteous. They do a thorough job and are a pleasure to have on site. They are kind, friendly people and clearly care about what they do. It's great to have such awesome customer service on the North Shore.
Our technicians; Doug and Scott were especially great to deal with.

Job Price

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to review us! Hannah @ Pest Detective

1 review West Vancouver, BC

We had a horrible rat problem last year just before Christmas and Howard saved us! We called and booked for him to come again when the weather got cold and we had light activity. He really knows his stuff and has been a godsend. We will be regulars from now on thanks to Howard!