Pest Detective

860 West 1st Street North Vancouver BC V7P 1A2

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for Pest Detective

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Getting rid of unwanted pests

Chris and his team members are very helpful and extremely professional from start to finish.
They take care of multiple properties in Vancouver and another in Whistler.
When I have pest problems I need them dealt with quickly! They know their stuff.

Booking an appointment is EASY! Pest Detective technicians arrive ON TIME!
They keep one place free of carpenter ants and another free from rodents. They can even do repairs to block openings so rodents do not return!
They are very easy to talk to and offered many helpful suggestions.
Excellent service professionals and a great experience that we would like to share with others.

Thank you for your message. We really appreciated your kind words. I am glad you had such a great experience with Pest Detective. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Hannah @ Pest Detective

jwitiluk in North Vancouver
jwitiluk in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Rodent Regular

Nicky is thorough, takes her time to address concerns as they are brought up, always able to present potential solutions to concerns, very pleasant and punctual for scheduled appointments.

Pest Detective would like to thank you for using us for your pest control needs! We appreciate your loyalty with us!
Hannah @ Pest Detective

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Silverfish infestation

Had a serious silverfish problem. Called Pest Detective and arranged for technician to come and provide treatment. Nicky and Eric arrived at scheduled time, discussed problem and issues with us and went ahead and treated baseboards, storage areas under sinks, basement and fogged attic. Very happy with results. Problem completely under control at this point (6 mos. later).

That's great to hear! I am glad you are so pleased with the results. Thanks for your business and sharing your experience here.
Sincerely,
Chris @ Pest Detective

Michael Louie from West Vancouver
Michael Louie from West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Carpenter Ant Problems

We have used North Shore Pest Detective multiple times for various pest issues. Wasps, mice, & Carpenter Ants. Their staff has always been on time and professional. For our wasp issue they were required to return to re-treat the area and were back the next day. For our mouse problem, the service woman explained clearly what was necessary and the options. Our choice has left the house rodent-free. Our Carpenter Ant issue has been our next job to tackle, and we are calling North Shore Pest Detective, again to help us. We find the staff friendly, professional, and efficient. The owner, Chris, has always been honest, reasonable and fair.

Thanks for the kind words Michael. It really never gets old hearing from a happy 'repeat' customer! We thrive on getting the job done quickly and satisfying all of your pest control needs. Chris

shaveta from Surrey
shaveta from Surrey
9 reviews Surrey, BC

Cockroach removal

I had cockroaches in my house. They put out this medicine everywhere that helped kill them off. They did a great job as they were gone in no time. I was quite happy with my experience. Thanks!

Clare
Clare
8 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Determining pest problem

We originally contacted sthe north shore pest detectives to figure out why were hearing a scratching noise coming from one of our exterior walls. They came, laid some traps, searched under the sinks for signs of feces and said to let them know if the noise went away.
A few weeks later the problem was still there and their second visit was just as pointless. I spoke with them on the phone about what the potential pests could be and they mentioned things from birds to rats and squirrels.
In the end, the pest detectives were pretty useless. We ended up opening up the wall from outside and found a large nest of termites! Thank god we did that or our house could have collapsed.
I truly feel that with the issues we were discussing with them they should have mentioned termites as a possibility.
I wouldn't use nv pest detectives again. They were expensive and didn't help us at all.
After reading the replies by NSPD, I am disappointed in how ungraciously they seem to be taking my review. My experience with the company was what it was. And some advice: not replying to a post doesn't mean a person's experience isn't 'legitimate'. It is ridiculous to make such a suggestion. I really just wanted to put the experience behind me.
I hope the company has many more prosperous years, but I wouldn't personally use them again.

Hi Clare,
Please contact us as soon a s possible. We see this as simply an opportunity to show you what kind of company we truly are. Professional and honest. We give quality pest control at a fair price.
But to this point I am unable to determine exactly what job this relates to. I will also add a some further comments as well as we await your call and other readers may be interested in.
Sometimes when dealing with 'scratching' noises one must go through a process of elimination. Especially when the noises are not made while a technician is on-site then all they can go by is the customers description and details. It sounds like this process of elimination may have still been ongoing in your case and I appreciate no one wants to wait too long. One may have only been able to rule out certain 'suspects' eg. rats, mice, birds or squirrels to that point. Unfortunately some jobs can take longer than others however we always solve it and find the culprits at the end of the day. And what a rarity this ends up being? Termites?! Very rare. I would be interested to hear which species and as well where you are located because we really only deal with one if you are on the North Shore and that is a dampwood termite which would only be assoiated with damp, decaying rotting, wood which is not typical of the side of a house! Carpenter ants, yes, possible and we see them or even a wasp, hornets or bees nest would be more likely or common than termites as they can produce the sounds equal to milk on rice crispies, snap, crackle and pop! So, tricky as one may also call that scracthing (in spring or summer or fall of course for the insects, but again, I do not have your information or even the date of this work being done). But in general, scratching at night (say at this time of year, Feb) would be 'usually or commonly', rats, mice or perhaps even a raccoon. unfortunately nature has a way of throwing curveballs from time to time.
Unfortunately, I have tried to track down your information to know avail. No one has contacted us with any concern or complaint with regards to this job/incident other than this post. I have spoken with our technicians and office scheduling staff and we are not able to confirm where this job took place or your name so we can contact you. Please contact us as we would love the opportunity to make you another one of our happy customers.
Chris Frederick, President North Shore Pest Detective Ltd.

UPDATE: As of Wed March 7, 2013 we are still waiting and have not received any other communication from Clare except this original post.

UPDATE: As of April 2, 2013....still no reply from Clare ? ....not sure what else we can do. We only wish to defend our companies great reputation and continue to deal with any customer issues, complaints or online comments quickly, respectfully and professionally... but we need open communication and to this point I am not sure 'where' or 'if' we have failed anyone at all. Sort of unfair to make a post and not speak to us first or after ...now we can only wonder if this was legitimate or not.

Long Life, Windows
Long Life, Windows
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

Wasp Removal

I called north Shore Pest Detective to come out to a job site we were working on. One of my installers found a wasp nest on the second floor and it was preventing them from installing a window. Time was very important to us and the client. North Shore was able to come right away, fix the problem and my guys were able to finish the installation on the same day. Thank you for saving us valuable time. Both the office staff and technician were great. We will definitely be calling again.

Thanks for the kind words. It never gets old hearing from a happy customer! We thrive on getting the job done quickly and satisfying your pest control needs. We just signed up and registered to Homestars TODAY! So it is nice that you found our company and took the time to leave a review and the same day! Unreal...the very first day! I hope Homestars can help my business and be a valuable resource for our customers. Looks like a great place to check out business reveiws.
Sincerely,
Chris Frederick, B.Sc.
President
NS Pest Detective Ltd

More about Pest Detective

No one appreciates uninvited guests. The Pest Detective team provides a comprehensive property inspection and thorough extermination to protect you, your loved ones, and your property from dangerous or bothersome pests, rodents, insects, and wildlife. We visit homes and offices to offer environmentally friendly, non-toxic pest control and extermination solutions. ...
Looking for Pest & Animal Control pros in Abbotsford?