Heritage Electric Inc

Review for Heritage Electric Inc

Rosemary Smith in Jeffersontown
Rosemary Smith in Jeffersontown
1 review Louisville, KY

Problem with a dimmer switch. Only needed to replace fluorescent bulbs with regular bulbs. Spent 5 minutes

I called Heritage Electric in Louisville, KY, after seeing he was the top-rated electrician in Louisville. He came the next morning, telling me that it would cost $110 for first 1/2 hour of work, plus a new part for my dimmer switch that was not working. ($28)
When the electrician came the next morning, the first thing he asked was if I were using fluorescent bulbs in the chandelier. Of course, I was & he could see them. He then explained that those bulbs never work on a dimmer switch. He tried a 60-watt regular bulb and it worked.
He then tried to call the owner/manager of Heritage Electric to see if he could charge less for the job, and was told no. I was shocked, since he had spent 5 minutes in my house and not even used a screwdriver or replaced anything. I was charged $110 for a service call, which is I guess a legitimate charge. BUT, I will never recommend this company to anyone. It was on Christmas Eve, too, when he should have been a little nicer. I plan to report it to the Better Business Bureau.