After doing some work that required turning off the electricity, my husband turned the breaker back on. We heard crackling, smelled fire and saw a little smoke, so we called the fire department. I also looked up an Electrician on HomeStars and called the first one listed. He said that he doesn't do emergency calls and recommended that I call Houle Electric, so I did. Chris called back promptly and was at our home within 30 minutes. He didn't charge us for the drive to and from his house, like some others do. He was very patient with us. We were freaked out, thinking that we could lose everything in a fire. He was very thorough, running electrical tests on both floors and in the crawl space and attic, just to be safe. We weren't sure what had happened, so we knew the solution probably wasn't going to be easy. We appreciated Chris not giving up on us, even though he couldn't find an exact reason as to why this happened. He worked for us for 3 hours on a Saturday night, from about 11pm-2am, without taking a break. The next day, my husband discovered two burned up power bars, which must have caused the smoke and smell. It was concluded that we had a circuit breaker go bad and fry two power bars with surge protectors. Chris came back on Monday morning and changed out a circuit breaker and checked the wall outlets we hadn't been able to reach on Saturday night. It seems that it was probably a fluke and we hope it won't happen again. If it does, we would definitely call Houle Electric. Chris was professional, friendly, knowledgeable and not in a hurry to be somewhere else on a Saturday night. It was expensive, but it was also the weekend. I checked with another electrician and Houle's price was competitive. We would highly recommend Houle Electric to anyone who needs an electrician.