Houle Electric Ltd.

Electricians
5050 North Fraser Way Burnaby BC V5J 0H1
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Burnaby  >  Houle Electric Ltd.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Houle Electric Ltd.

Boundary Bay Boarder in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Great service and install! Quick service so that we could have our charging station installed before our Bolt arrives. Friendly technician Dave patronized my attention to detail and performed an install that is an asset to our home. A bullet proof and great looking install!

Job Price

Thanks for your awesome review!

northvanamy in Vancouver
7 reviews Burnaby, BC

After doing some work that required turning off the electricity, my husband turned the breaker back on. We heard crackling, smelled fire and saw a little smoke, so we called the fire department. I also looked up an Electrician on HomeStars and called the first one listed. He said that he doesn't do emergency calls and recommended that I call Houle Electric, so I did. Chris called back promptly and was at our home within 30 minutes. He didn't charge us for the drive to and from his house, like some others do. He was very patient with us. We were freaked out, thinking that we could lose everything in a fire. He was very thorough, running electrical tests on both floors and in the crawl space and attic, just to be safe. We weren't sure what had happened, so we knew the solution probably wasn't going to be easy. We appreciated Chris not giving up on us, even though he couldn't find an exact reason as to why this happened. He worked for us for 3 hours on a Saturday night, from about 11pm-2am, without taking a break. The next day, my husband discovered two burned up power bars, which must have caused the smoke and smell. It was concluded that we had a circuit breaker go bad and fry two power bars with surge protectors. Chris came back on Monday morning and changed out a circuit breaker and checked the wall outlets we hadn't been able to reach on Saturday night. It seems that it was probably a fluke and we hope it won't happen again. If it does, we would definitely call Houle Electric. Chris was professional, friendly, knowledgeable and not in a hurry to be somewhere else on a Saturday night. It was expensive, but it was also the weekend. I checked with another electrician and Houle's price was competitive. We would highly recommend Houle Electric to anyone who needs an electrician.

kerith
6 reviews Burnaby, BC

we decided to remodel the kitchen. We also moved a wall. This meant moving a lot of switches, all the appliance's power supplies and adding more lighting.

Curtis and Ian are great and Bruce as well. I've worked with the company before, and they always do a great job. They do high quality work, exactly as I ask. And they worked with me to adjust plans as needed.

Ronald in Burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

After removing our old hot tub we wanted a GFI circuit outside using the same lines. After calling and scheduling the appointment the service electrician (Dave Fuller) reached out to me and asked for the specifics.
The next day Dave was on time for the appointment and extremely friendly and courteous.
The job was clearly explained and completed in a timely manner.
We can highly recommend Houle and Dave in particular for any residential electrical work.

HC  North Vancouver
15 reviews North Vancouver, BC

I've had Bruce from Houle Electric to my house in North Van 3 - 4 times in the past few years to perform a variety of residential electric work in the interior and exterior of my house. It is so nice having a professional, patient, knowledgeable tradesperson arrive on time, get to work, and do the work right. Thanks Bruce.

Adam Radziwon from Burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

I called Houle to help me fix a flickering light bar in my kitchen. Professional over the phone, they set up an appointment for the weekend.
The guy that showed up looked very hung over. he spent time looking behind the switch, he inspected the light bar. Said he couldn't find anything wrong, and I was given a large bill even though nothing was fixed and the problem was found. Will never use them again

Hi Adam,
I apologize that it has taken a while to respond to your review of our services and sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with Houle. I know this was some time ago now but we had only noticed your review recently and would still like the chance to resolve the situation if possible. Can you please contact our service department at 604.434.2681, or email us with your contact information so that we may reach out to you - [email protected]? We currently are unable to find any record of you or the work that was done at your residence in our system.

Burnaby Service Dept.
@Houle Electric

Rick from Vancouver
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

I had the pleasure of having some general electrical wiring done by Antonio at Houle Electric. He was extremely professional and was able to figure out a couple of tricky things I needed done. I would highly recommend him and his company for any of your requirements. Even though he has an exceptionally long day, he was very pleasant to deal with.

Caitlyn Baker from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Last night, the power in my home went out.
At first, I thought it may have just been a fuse that had been blown, but after fiddling with the electrical box, flipping switches on and off, and realizing absolutely everywhere in the house had no power, something else must have been the problem.

I called BC Hydro first to see if they could come take a look and find the potential problem. No luck.

So, first thing this morning, I called Houle Electric Ltd. and the receptionist told me she could have someone there within the next hour. Just under an hour later, I got a call from the Service Electrician, Ian and he was already outside. I showed him the electrical box and explained the situation.
Within minutes, he knew that it was a problem with the main breaker and that it would need to be changed. He quoted me $300 for the job.
He left to go pick up a new main breaker switch at Home Depot and within 25 minutes, he was back. He installed the new breaker timely and efficiently. Within minutes, I had power again.
He was extremely friendly and educated, gave me his business card at the end explaining if anything else happens to give him a call and he'll come back.

The price after tax came to $275 which was a decent price for 2 hours work plus the cost of the new switch.

I was very pleased with the professionalism and end result.
I will definitely be calling Houle Electric Ltd. again next time I have an electrical issue. Couldn't have asked for better service. Thank you!

Job Price

More about Houle Electric Ltd.

Houle's Service Departments in multiple locations throughout BC are dedicated to meeting the needs of our residential, commercial and industrial customers. Our highly trained service technicians are renowned for quality workmanship and an industry recognized safety record. We also offer 24 hour emergency service. “ We have a large fleet of mobile service vans. From complex industrial requirements to small business projects, we pride ourselves on fully meeting and exceeding your expectations for quality service.BC Hydro Power Smart

Houle Electric is a member and recognized contractor of BC Hydro's Power Smart Alliance. We work with BC Hydro cus- tomers on specialized projects that promote energy efficiency.
Consumers Choice AwardServing BC since 1944!

Houle is a multi-year recipient of the Consumer's Choice Award. Houle has also received numerous industry safety awards. We have been a member of the Better Business Bureau for more than 30 years.