Countertops

Reviews for Select Granite Tops

Alan C.
Alan C.

Kitchen counter

Select Granite Tops are amazing! From the showroom experience with Renato to the quick precise fabrication to the on time and perfect installation by Marco and his team, you exceeded our expectations.

We have been through several kitchen remodels, but this one stands out. This was a complex project and there was much the could've gone wrong, but nothing did. The results are stunning. We could not be happier. Thanks to everyone at Select.

Marisa N in Vaughan
Marisa N in Vaughan

Kitchen Reno

Dealing with Renato was an absolute pleasure. Renato was very helpful in helping us pick what quartzite would look best with our kitchen cabinets. His team was equally as impressive Marco the project manager was great he kept us informed answered all our questions and made sure we were happy with the work done. Measurements were all done to perfection and the installers were fantastic covered the floors cleaned up left the house in the same condition they fount it. Very happy and would definitely recommend Renato and his team.

jay in Scarborough
jay in Scarborough

Kitchen counter top

Selection, Quality, Service & Attention to Detail!! I had picked my countertop and knew exactly what I wanted, I was recommended to Select Granite from a friend but I was not able to go in person so I called and Fiona was my rep. Within 1 Day of inquiry Fiona from select granite sent all the information in e-mail, the slab pictures price, etc Within a few days I saw the actual slab and Fiona made everything a breeze for us. I have to say we are a bit picky but the fabricator at their showroom, Fiona, and the Manager they all just made us very comfortable. Best part of all of this - was that their price and the attention to detail and ongoing updates on the status of everything had me at ease the whole time. FIONA is a Star. Best Find Ever!!!!! Will definitely deal with them again :)

Chana in Vaughan
Chana in Vaughan

Kitchen & Bathroom

I came to Select to choose a stone for my new kitchen counter and island, and immediately found a stone that I loved. There were many incredible stones to choose from, and after going to several stone places, I could see that Renato has an eye for beauty and quality, and he is really passionate about every stone in his showroom.

Another reason why Select stands out from other stone places is, they involve the client in the decisions for the cutting and layout of the stone. I came back to discuss the cutting of the slab I chose at least 3 separate times, and each time, Marco was incredibly patient and easy to work with, and helped me find a design that I liked.

When I saw the island for the first time, I was blown away. It is more beautiful than I could have imagined. And all of the other stone work we had done by Select (Ceasarstone on kitchen and bathroom counters, shower jams) looks amazing as well.

Renato, Marco and the whole team at Select are friendly, patient, professional and extremely detail oriented. I will recommend Select to my friends and family and anyone who wants excellent quality, a fair price and great service.

nshanny in Vaughan
nshanny in Vaughan

Full kitchen reno

What can I say?! If I could rate them higher, I would! From the very first meeting with Renato, his professionalism and extensive knowledge of his business were clear. We knew we wanted to work with him and his team and they did not disappoint. I have the kitchen of my dreams with a stone that gets so many compliments. His team of project managers, installers and administrative staff follows his lead in delivering amazing service with pride. Thank you, Select, Renato! Do not go anywhere else for your stone needs!

Hello Nicky,

Thank you so much for the great opportunity you gave us to be part of your project. First of all, material choose is one of my favorites! Glad for all everyone that worked to turn a natural piece of art in reality.

Melissa in Vaughan
Melissa in Vaughan

Amazing service, would highly recommend

Renato was amazing and efficient when we came to him to make our dream kitchen a reality. His professionalism and attention to detail really helped us get exactly what we had hoped for. His colleagues were also extremely helpful and the install was quick and clean. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for great service and high quality product.

Beautiful project Melissa! I loved your stone.

Karim  in Vaughan
Karim in Vaughan

Outstanding Product Quality and Customer Service

Dealing with Renato was simply a pleasure! He was very knowledgeable, passionate, helpful and personable as he had the love and detailed background for each stone that he carried. He asked us about our overall requirements and hence guided us in selecting the right stone.

We are extremely happy about the quality of the Quartzite that we purchased for our kitchen and bathroom!

Outstanding service levels and detailed to perfection!

Thanks again Renato!

My friend Karim,

what a great pleasure be part of your beautiful project. I love the stones installed, very unique and chique :)

Kitchen renovation

I have waited a very long time to have my dream kitchen. With a lot of planning and organization. My dream has come true, I was introduced to Select granite tops Inc. And Renato Hott , By a friend and designer Glen Pelosso. I first met Renato at there beautiful showroom in Vaughan,Ontario. I was given a tour of there beautiful showroom and Warehouse. I felt that Renato and his associates were very professional and friendly. Being a busy hairstylist in Yorkville, I have heard many nightmare stories about renovations. My counter tops and backsplash were delivered on time and flawlessly. I would highly recommend Select Granite to help
Make your dream come true. Sincerely Steve Roy. Included is a before and after pic!

Hello Steve,
Thank you for kind words! So glad to participate and concluded your “dream”.
We make the dreams comes true!

Vice President

Cathy in Toronto
Cathy in Toronto

Absolutely great products and service

My experience with Select was outstanding. Their selection of unique products is extensive. I received great advice from Frank on selecting my kitchen countertop stone. The quartzite was perfect in my kitchen adding just enough of a "cool" factor. Everything about the installation went smoothly from booking appointments, measurements and finally the installation itself. I highly recommend Select!

Hi Cathy,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We do our best to ensure a very positive experience with our clients.

Regards.
Frank Micalizzi
President

G. F.
G. F.

Kitchen perimeter counters and full-height backsplash

Select Granite was the second company contracted to complete my kitchen counters. The first company, Latitude Countertops, did a perfect job installing a large waterfall countertop, but were very expensive and not transparent about the customer owning the slab (turns out they have a secondary business selling remnants). Select Granite, on the other hand, were upfront about slab ownership, offering suggestions on how to use any remnants to get maximum value. They were fairly priced - if I had done the entire kitchen with them (waterfall included), it would have cost less than the first company. The templating and installation was prompt. Some minor adjustments/ follow-up was required, but addressed swiftly. Wish I had used them from the start.

More about Select Granite Tops

Select Granite Tops Inc.(SGT) is a manufacturer of granite, marble and quartz / engineered stone counter tops. With a large inventory of stone slabs, and over $2M of computerized machinery, we meet the counter top needs of builders, renovators and homeowners throughout the GTA and surrounding communities.

SGT prides itself on having an outstanding reputation. We've been awarded the Aspen Ridge Gold Award of Excellence and have received high scores for excellence from builders such as Century Grove. Our commitment's providing you with the best countertop that exceeds all expectations.

SGT has installed thousands of granite, marble and quartz countertops. Our facilities, materials and staff make us a leader in the industry. Happy customers are our business and developing exceptional customer relationships is an integral part of what we do at SGT.

SGT carries primarily 3 cm stone. There are several advantages for our customers purchasing 3cm stone.Thicker stone is much stronger than 2 cm stone (approximately 2.25 times stronger).When 2cm stone is installed, the granite, quartz or marble slab need support using a sheet of plywood or particle board. 3cm stone is strong enough to support itself without any additional support. It can be placed directly onto the cabinets for a clean, flush look.

There is also a misconception that the extra thickness and additional weight of the stone material may create problems for the cabinets. However, the opposite occurs; thinner stone (2cm) is actually more of a concern. Considering thinner granite is not as strong, if there is any movement in/with the cabinets, there is a greater risk that the granite or marble will crack. Most, if not all cabinets are built strong enough to support the heavier weight.

Using 3 cm stone allows SGT to provide the edge of your choice with no glue or seam line. When 2cm stone is used, 2 pieces of stone are glued together in order to create the desired edge. This is called a build up. Some build up edges are deeper, and will extend to the cabinets, so there is not a ledge that can be seen and felt with your hand. Regardless of how the build up is completed, there will always be a seam and a glue line where the two pieces of stone are attached.

In addition to a cleaner and higher quality profile edge, using 3 cm stone will also provide a thick lip of stone around the under mount sink. This thicker lip balances the depth of the sink and is aesthetically a much more appealing look.

Countertops
GRANITE: our granite and marble slabs are selected from all over the world. Slabs come from Italy, Spain, Norway, Finland, the Ukraine, Brazil, India, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and even Canada! As each slab of granite and marble is unique, we encourage all of our customers to hand select their individual slabs. Natural products have unique features and colouring; by hand selecting your individual slab, you can ensure the exact look you want to create. SGT will also supply samples for you to take home to ensure that your selection coordinates with the rest of your home, and your own natural lighting. MARBLE: Marble has a beauty that is unsurpassed. It can be used anywhere that a stone surface is desired. However, marble is much softer and more porous material than granite or quartz. Although marble is frequently used in European kitchens, North American homeowners tend not to be accepting of the marking and staining that comes along with using marble in a kitchen. North American homeowners tend to be happier using marble in bathrooms, on bar tops and fireplaces. QUARTZ SURFACE Quartz, also called engineered stone, and is a man made material. It is approximately 93% quartz aggregates and about 7% pigments and polymer resins. Quartz has a hard surface and is a low maintenance material. Quartz tends to have a more uniform pattern, and is available in a range of colours from blacks, whites, greys, beiges and browns to bright orange, lime green, cobalt blue and apple red. There is little variation in the different slabs of quartz; the man made quality provides a fairly uniform colour.
Select Granite Tops fabricates and installs granite, marble and quartz surfaces. We also offer full after sales support.
Our granite and marble slabs are selected from all over the world. Slabs come from Italy, Spain, Norway, Finland, the Ukraine, Brazil, India, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and even Canada! Select Granite Tops also carries all types of engineered stone/quartz surfaces materials, including Caesarstone.
With over $4M of computerized machinery that offers precision cutting, Select Granite Tops is able to meet the needs of builders, designers, retailers, renovators and homeowners. If you can imagine it, we can create it!
Select Granite Tops carries a wide range of first quality stock 3cm stone.
2006
Cheques, Cash & Credit Cards.
Business license.
Products and workmanship fully warranted.