Mainland Ventures

Frances in Vancouver
Frances in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Excellent Ceiling Leak Fix and Repair Work

Our home had had an ongoing ceiling water leak and, unfortunately, we could not pinpoint the cause. Paul and Russell expertly assessed the potential causes and one-by-one eliminated each one until the final culprit was found - a rusty nail that had punctured the radiant heating line below our second floor tile floor.

Paul and his team set to work removing the tile, repairing the radiant heating line and conducting the tile and ceiling repair work needed. Russell, in particular, did an outstanding job. He was knowledgeable, thorough, tidy and always kept us up-to-date on the work to be done. We could not be happier with the result and look forward to working Paul and his team in the future for any future repair!

We are so happy to have been able to solve the problem of your ongoing mystery leak. Water damage can be so problematic and it feels very satisfying that we found the source and repaired the damage that was caused. We greatly appreciate the review of your experience with us and look forward to working with you again on any future home improvement projects you may wish to undertake. Thank you again Frances.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Exterior Stair Replacement

Mainland Ventures (Paul P. and Conor) did an outstanding professional job replacing our staircase and guardrail. Project was completed in timely fashion. Rebuilt staircase/guardrail assembly was 'rock solid'. Appreciated Mainland Ventures would undertake small project. Estimated project budget was maintained. Thank you Mainland Ventures!

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. We appreciate and enjoy all types of projects regardless of size or scope. I'm very pleased you are happy with the end result.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

front porch redo

An old settling concrete front porch had settled to allow rain to run down inside agains't a pony wall. Over the years this pony wall had rotted out.
Mainland removed the concrete porch, removthe rotted out pony wall behind ir, and replaced the lot. At the same time tey replaced a cracked section of sidewalk.
As I have stated before this Firm has a great work ethic, carried out this project without delay, and on budget.
They are first rate.
Peter K.

Dear Peter. Your ongoing support of my company is greatly appreciated. Its always been a pleasure working with you. Thank you for another kindly worded review. Please do not ever hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or merely want to catch up.

Carol in Vancouver
Carol in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Basement suite renovation

This is the third renovation job we've had Paul Pharaon and Mainland Ventures do for us and once again we were completely satisfied with the work done. In this case Paul did more of the basic planning, especially for the bathroom and created a more efficient, functional unit. The quality of the work was up to the high standard we observed in the previous jobs and conducted by competent, courteous trades people. Mainland Ventures and Paul Pharaon will likely not be the cheapest contractor in town, but give very good value for the money. He stands behind his work if any problems crop up.

Dearest Carol. I'm terribly sorry for the lengthy delay in thanking you for yet again another lovely review. Seeing you and Art the other day reminded me of my lack of promptness in responding. However, better late than never I say! Thank you for you continuous support of my company over the years. Its always a pleasure working with you and immensely satisfying to know you feel confident enough in our skills and services to recommend us to your friends and neighbors. We are taking very good care of your lovely friends Teresa and Michael. Hope to see you again soon.

Rain Longson from Vancouver
Rain Longson from Vancouver
1 review Delta, BC

Full bathroom remodel

Our bathroom was in dire need of renovation considering it was the original when the house was built in 1971 - olive green everything!
Paul, the owner of the Mainland Ventures was an absolute sweetheart, very understanding and helpful in getting it done right AND fast full remodel in 5 days!!! His partner the interior designer Mira came up with a great design considering that our bathroom is what I have called sine the day I first saw it a 'bowling alley bathroom. 16 ft long by 8 feet wide - very odd shaped. Now we have a really nice tub that my husband fits in, that dreadful green is GONE!! We now have 2 sinks instead of one. All in a white and soft silver - no more little 1 x 1 in. tiles but beautiful white glass subway tiles! This would not be this amazing bathroom without Mainland Ventures team. What a company, I really appreciated everything they did!

Thank you Rain for the glowing review. I apologize for the lengthy delay in sending you a reply. Our work-load has been steadily increasing from year to year which we are incredibly grateful for but also leaves very little time for much else. Working with you was a pleasure and the end result of the bathroom renovation is spectacular. Please feel free to contact us again should you have any questions, concerns, or require any other home improvement services.

cmochrie in Burnaby
cmochrie in Burnaby
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Kitchen renovation

We had Mainland Ventures undertake a kitchen renovation for us and were extremely happy with their work. They took a refreshing, client-centred approach to problems and found creative, cost effective solutions that worked for us and our budget. Everyone on their team was pleasant and courteous; Conor in particular was fantastic with our two small children. They responded to questions and issues on the project immediately and went out of their way to minimize the inconvenience of the construction on our family. We will definitely use Mainland Ventures again and would highly recommend them to others.

I sincerely apologize for the lengthy delay in thanking you for such a kindly worded review. You took the time to acknowledge our work and efforts and I'm sorry for not attending to this more promptly. Working with you and your lovely family was a daily pleasure; unlike work at all and more like spending time with good friends. We hope you have a great many years of enjoyment in your beautifully renovated kitchen. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions, concerns, or just want to say hello!

Colin & Donna from New Westminster
Colin & Donna from New Westminster
2 reviews New Westminster, BC

Kitchen/laundry renovation

We have completed our second major home renovation project with Mainland Ventures; this last one being the bigger of the two. The project took approximately 5 months to complete and we still cannot believe how smoothly everything went. Paul's management and Amos' on site supervision and craftsmanship are the reason for such a successful job. Kudos to all the other workers and tradesmen. Truly a well-managed team effort. You know you really have a great contractor when on his final inspection, the building inspector says our kitchen is one of the nicest he's ever seen and praised Paul for being efficient, prepared and pleasant to deal with. We have no hesitation in recommending Mainland Ventures to anyone; and already have. In fact we will welcome Paul and his crew back in the Spring 2016 for project number 3, the master bathroom. Great job Paul, Amos and all the guys, couldn't be happier or more proud of the end product.

I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm very embarrassed that I wasn't more prompt in replying to your very kindly worded review. I appreciate both the time and effort you spent writing it. The support of wonderful people like yourselves is precisely why I continue to work hard each and everyday. The guys loved coming into work each and day enjoyed the donuts you would so kindly provide. Chevy was always a joy to see as well and I know how much Manny and Amos miss his adorable furry greetings in the morning. It is immensely satisfying and a rewarding experience to read the positive experiences. I am thrilled with the end result of your kitchen and I hope you have a great many years of enjoyment out of it. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or merely want to say hello.

Peter Williams in Surrey
Peter Williams in Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

White Rock/South Surrey

Having recently moved from a townhouse to an apartment in South Surrey, I had no hesitation in contacting Mainland Ventures again for an estimate for proposed renovations. The 1100 sq ft apartment is approximately 26 years old and no updates had ever been done. So I met with Paul and discussed the options available within my budget for a complete renovation, floor to ceiling. We were able to find a plan that worked for both of us. So Mainland Ventures provided us with a complete painting of walls, ceilings and doors, new crown mouldings and baseboards, new carpets, new flooring in kitchen and bathrooms, new bathroom vanities and fixtures, new ceiling fans and lighting, new shower fixtures and glass doors. As well, Paul consulted us on the purchase of all new kitchen and laundry appliances. And all of this project fit within our budget !! Yay !! The next phase will be the kitchen countertops and cabinets which we hope to begin in the early spring. Naturally I will be calling Paul and his fantastic crew to do this work. They are always professional and meticulous in their work. Even other residents of our building commented on how polite and courteous they were compared to other contractors they had seen around before. Again Thank You Paul and Mainland Ventures. You kept me within my budget and kept our stress level at a minimum :-)

Peter it was a pleasure to work with you and Margaret once again. Your ongoing support of my company is greatly appreciated and I look forward to phase II of the renovation in your new home. Thank you for spending the time to write such a glowing review.

Gerry and Dianne  from North Vancouver
Gerry and Dianne from North Vancouver
2 reviews Richmond, BC

Main bathroom

This is the second renovation Paul has done for us. The coordinate design work very. It is very stylish and functional at the same time. As before workers were on time, cleaned up well after each working day and on budget. Will use Paul again.

Dearest Gerry and Dianne. Thank you for the various ways in which you support my company. I greatly appreciate the time you spent writing the reviews, as well as the continuous referral inquiries I have received from your family, friends, and neighbors. I cannot express how immensely satisfying it is to know that you feel enough confidence in our skills and craftsmanship to promote our services to those you know. Thank you very, very much. It is the support of wonderful people like you that I owe much of my company's great success.

cperrin@limnotek.com from Burnaby
C. N.
1 review Vancouver, BC

roof and skylight replacement and front porch repair

Mainland Ventures
604-789-6592
Vancouver
BC
V5Y 3C1

Mainland was such a pleasure to work with. The crew did excellent work and completed the job promptly. They cleaned up each day and let us know what was being done to keep us aware of the schedule. The crew was clean and courteous and a pleasure to have around the house. Overall a great experience.

Thank you very much for the kindly worded review. You were also a pleasure to work with and I hope you have a great many years of enjoyment out of your newly revitalized exterior.

More about Mainland Ventures

Mainland Ventures Corp. is a renovations and restorations company working primarily in the Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and Sunshine Coast areas. Our pride stems from the ability to work with the homeowner in developing a design, style, and a work timeline that fits within the customer’s budget, and needs. Moreover, Mainland Ventures Corp. is a diversified company that specializes in all forms of renovations and building in both the interior and exterior of the home, office, or industrial center.

Whether you want us to manage your entire renovation project or just a part of it, Mainland Ventures Corp. will work with you the entire way to ensure your complete satisfaction.

We Specialize in:
Hardwood, Laminate, and Tile Flooring
Custom Kitchens and Bathrooms
New Suites
Sundecks, Patios, and Fencing
Garages, Enclosures, and Siding
Finishing (e.g., Baseboards, Crown Mouldings)
Residential and Commercial