Mainland Ventures

Jared in East Van
Jared in East Van
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Backyard Deck and Storage

I was very happy to have found Mainland ventures. I spent almost a year meeting with contractors and getting quotes before Paul came out, and I'm glad I waited. As a starting point, the work is fantastic and we came in below budget/estimate. We love our deck back deck and double french doors - it's like an extension of our home. All of the contractors were extremely professional and patient when our kids wanted to watch and talk to them. We plan to do more work with Mainland in the future.

Thank you Jared for writing your very kindly worded review so promptly! I am thrilled that you are happy with the new deck and I am always pleased when we can come under budget for a project. Your children were a DELIGHT to have around and I know the guys will miss answering their very inquisitive questions about what we were doing and how we were going to do it. I think that maybe in a few years they can take over my position as Project Manager ;) We look forward to working with you on the garage removal project. Until then, take good care.

2 reviews Richmond, BC

Dental Office Cabinetry

After Paul and his team at Mainland Ventures did such a great job with our home bathroom renovation, we decided to get Paul to redo some of the cabinetry and countertops in our dental office. The office was only closed for one week, so Paul worked really hard to ensure that the project was completed to working order within our tight timeframe, and without disrupting the flow of the dental office. We were so grateful that he was able to squeeze us into his already busy schedule, as we approached him to do this project quite close to the start date. Everything went smoothly, thanks to Paul's great organizational skills and his professional, knowledgeable and efficient team. The finished project was done with exceptional quality, as we have come to expect from Mainland Ventures. Thanks Paul, for another job well done! We would definitely recommend Mainland Ventures for anyone who needs a renovation.

It is with great satisfaction that I read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write about your second experience working with us. I only feel comfortable taking partial credit for the success of your dental office renovation. The remaining credit is due to both you and Dr. Chris Soo's exceptionally kind, friendly, and pleasant personalities. I sincerely appreciate working with you again and wish you both years of success at your business. Although I am hesitant (nervous) to visit the Dentist, the next time I am due for a checkup you'll see me on the schedule as I'm sure I'll be in capable, reassuring, and professional hands.

2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Retaining wall

I've been so pleased with Mainland Ventures that I had them back to do some concrete work for me. Once again their promptness, courtesy, hard work, and ingenuity in solving a tricky problem was outstanding. Conor and Sean did an outstanding job, and I highly recommend them and the whole company!

Dearest Judy. Thank you so very much for writing another review. We feel that when we are able to satisfy our amazing, friendly clients time and again that it shows we care about the people we work with, and for, and it shows a level of continuity in our commitment to maintain these important relationships. I hope you had a lovely Birthday and we will of course fit you in for the paintwork you need completed later this summer. Please give Cedar extra rubs and scratches from all of the guys until they are able to do so in person. Take good care.

D&L from Vancouver
D&L from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Repair work to walls

We hired Mainland Ventures again as they previously did such a fantastic job of remodelling our main bathroom. This new job was repairing some of the cracks in the plaster walls of our 1920s house. Russell is a consummate professional: polite, punctual, excellent workmanship, and such a nice person. We highly recommend Mainland Ventures to everyone.

Thank you so very much for the prompt and kindly worded review. We are pleased to have helped repair the plaster in your stunning craftsman home. Russell was very humbled by your praise and he vows to continue to impress with his work standards going forward. Hoping you have a very lovely Easter weekend.

2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

General Home Repairs

I hired Mainland Ventures to repair my front deck, replace my back deck, build some gates, install some outdoor lighting, plus a number of other projects both inside and outside the house. I could not be happier that I chose Mainland Ventures to do this work. Paul, Conor, Russell, and Sean are all craftsmen and gentlemen. They are skilled, talented, and professional; they listen carefully to what you want and can give advice and creative suggestions on the best way to achieve the results. They are extremely efficient: from project scheduling, to cost breakdown, to keeping the worksite tidy, to ensuring that they cause as little disruption as possible. I would give them an eleven out of ten if the ratings would allow it. As well, my dog has fallen in love with them and considers them “her boys”, and she would gladly go home with any one of them if they would let her!

Dearest Judy (aka Mere ;) Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtfully written review. The guys all really enjoyed meeting and working with you. Seeing you and Cedar was the highlight of their day and week. Spending time chatting with you and playing with Cedar made the days feel far less like a workday and much more like visiting a warm, loving Auntie. In fact, that is what we will call you going forward Auntie Judy. I really appreciate the opportunity to help care for your lovely home. We hope you and your family have a lovely holiday season and see you in the new year :)

Dave Thackray in Vernon
Dave Thackray in Vernon
1 review North Okanagan, BC

Small bathroom renovation

Paul and Mainland Ventures took on our rather small bathroom renovation for my mother in law who lives in Vancouver. With no qualms about the size of the job, they came when they said they would be there, did an excellent job and did it all for what they quoted.
I would not hesitate to hire them again for any other project we needed doing and definitely recommend them to my friends in the area.

Hello Dave. Thank you for writing a review. There are no jobs too big or small as we appreciate all opportunities to work with wonderful clients such as your family. Your mother in law is a sweetheart and we are so happy we were able to make the experience a good one for you. Wishing you and your family all the very best this holiday season.

Bluedog Guitars in Vancouver
Bluedog Guitars in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Warehouse to Guitar Shop Renovation!

We were under the gun - sixty days to design and build a dual purpose environment in an empty warehouse space with the requirement that any construction be freestanding, and we had a limited budget. Mainland Ventures not only came up with creative solutions to complex problems, but they managed the project in a way that allowed us to track our expenses and eliminate elements of the design that challenged our resources.

The end result is a space that functions as both a performance venue and a retail showroom, that allows traffic between external and interior areas for people and (most importantly) our dogs. Our customers love the shop, because it's rustic nature fits with our brand, and our neighbours (the boat-builders and craftsmen that populate a marina) have nothing but compliments for the high level of construction detail that is evident throughout.

Our thanks to Paul and our favourite master carpenter Conor of Mainland Ventures for their expertise and help!

Dear Jenn and Paul. It was both a pleasure and an honor to have the opportunity to work with you on your unique business improvement project. The challenge to design and build a functioning structure that was not attached to the external walls of the building itself was a requirement we had never come across before. I think the end result is amazing and we are thrilled to have been a part of it. Thank you both very much for the kindly worded review. Wishing you many years of success at your new business venture. See you soon :)

2 reviews Richmond, BC

Bathroom Renovation

Paul and his team did an excellent job of transforming our outdated master bathroom into a beautiful, modern spa bathroom. We had a really great experience with Mainland Ventures and were extremely happy with the results. We found Paul to be upfront, honest, reliable, and always quick to respond to our many questions! He was very meticulous in the planning stages and very well organized so that our project could run as smoothly as possible. Russell, Wafa and Conor were all very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. Their workmanship and work ethic were top-notch. They made sure that everything was done the proper way and to the utmost highest quality. We have in-floor radiant heating pipes encased in concrete, but somehow Russell, along with the plumber, were able to reposition the bathtub drain and water supply pipes without running into the radiant heating pipes. The renovation was done well within the estimated cost and within the estimated time frame. We highly recommend Paul and his team to anyone who needs a renovation, and look forward to contacting them again for future renovations of our own. Thanks again for a job well-done!

Dear Catherine and Chris. It was such a delight for me and the guys to read your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience working with us. Hearing feedback is so important so we can constantly strive to better ourselves. Hearing feedback that is so positive makes us immensely satisfied that our efforts to go the extra mile for our clients has not gone unnoticed. The end result of your master spa-bathroom was really exceptional and working with lovely people like yourselves made the whole experience that much more enjoyable. I look forward to working with you again on the next stage in your home beautification process. Take good care.

Andrea and Matt in Port Moody
Andrea and Matt in Port Moody
3 reviews Port Moody, BC

Partial Bathroom Renovation

We hired Mainland Ventures for a partial bathroom renovation to our townhome. I was extremely satisfied by the professionalism and friendly customer service, starting right from the consultation process by Paul to the actual install by Russell. I appreciated that Paul really listened to what we wanted and hoped to achieve with our budget. Many suggestions and ideas were put forward for us t choose from, and I did not feel once like I was being 'sold' anything extra or unnecessary. As well, I was very well informed every step of the way on progress, and potential set-backs that could arise - communication was excellent, and what was promised was more than delivered on. The result was above our expectation, and everyone is enjoying the new soaker tub and beautiful tiles! Russell was a pleasure to have at our home during the process, and was excellent in ensuring our one bathroom was spotless at the end of each day. He worked very hard to stay on schedule (which he did!), and was very patient and friendly to our children, who had a million questions along the way :). He felt like a part of our extended family by the end of the job! So thank you so much for giving us enjoyment of this room again, and I would in a heartbeat recommend Mainland to anyone looking for a job to be done, big or small. I can't wait for the next project! So happy the first experience with a contractor was a great one. Thanks again!

Dear Andrea and Matt. Thank you very much for the kindly worded and very thoughtful review of your experience with us. I know Russell was immensely satisfied to read how happy you were with him and his work. However, working for such lovely people as yourselves its impossible to see any outcome other than a positive one. We hope you enjoy your bathroom for many years to come and please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever have any concerns, questions, or just want to say hello!

Toni from West Vancouver
Toni from West Vancouver
4 reviews West Vancouver, BC

Full House Renovation

This is our third project that Mainland Ventures has completed for us and that in and of itself should indicate how great a company they are to work with.
The latest job was the largest by far…a complete renovation of our house, including the construction of a new staircase, which turned out amazing -thanks Conor!
Any of the issues that cropped up (and they do no matter how carefully you plan or budget) were discussed and handled with the utmost professionalism.
We are loving and enjoying our new space and we would like to extend another big thank you to Paul, Conor, and the Mainland Venture team that made it all possible.
We couldn’t recommend a better company to help you with your renovation needs.

I have included some before and after pictures of the front entrance and kitchen/staircase area, to show the scope and quality of the work completed.

Toni & Dave

Dear Toni and Dave. I cannot express how much I appreciate the time and effort you took in writing such a lovely review and posting the pictures of what I believe is one of our nicest projects ever. Conor took pride in constructing the staircase and really put his master carpentry skills to great use. The outcome is truly stunning. Your family has always been very gracious to work with and I'm both honored and humbled that you have chosen us over and over again for your home improvement needs. Thank you Toni and Dave for giving us the opportunity to help beautify your new home. I hope you all have a great many years of enjoyment and pride in the craftsmanship and design of your newly renovated home. Thank you again.

More about Mainland Ventures

Mainland Ventures Corp. is a renovations and restorations company working primarily in the Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and Sunshine Coast areas. Our pride stems from the ability to work with the homeowner in developing a design, style, and a work timeline that fits within the customer’s budget, and needs. Moreover, Mainland Ventures Corp. is a diversified company that specializes in all forms of renovations and building in both the interior and exterior of the home, office, or industrial center.

Whether you want us to manage your entire renovation project or just a part of it, Mainland Ventures Corp. will work with you the entire way to ensure your complete satisfaction.

We Specialize in:
Hardwood, Laminate, and Tile Flooring
Custom Kitchens and Bathrooms
New Suites
Sundecks, Patios, and Fencing
Garages, Enclosures, and Siding
Finishing (e.g., Baseboards, Crown Mouldings)
Residential and Commercial