HAUS Handyman

Review for HAUS Handyman

Marcia in Toronto
Marcia in Toronto
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Built us a crooked post !

A BIG thanks to Haus Handyman - Alex, Ben, Haus & Carlos for letting us know that we wanted a crooked, twisted post in our kitchen .... the post you created at first was a half inch out then later with layers and layers of mud added to the post it was a 1/4” out and as we stood around the post your company said in full confidence the crooked post was to “industry standards” (see picture attached) Our advice to you is purchase a laser level, square ... even a measuring tape would of helped.

Also with the replacement of our rounded corner beads to square we thank you for the mess your unskilled drywallers made of our walls with layers and layers of mud put on under your direction to get them square which in the end was never accomplished.

My favourite words I learned from you are “changing the scope of work “ so you could make a simple electrical box placement in the post go from a week long project to a month and and half long project because I changed the scope of work.

Oh and “as per our contract “ is one of my favourites too so you could add on more work as you felt fit as you were sure to make the contract as vague as you could.

“ industry standards “ love this one as I’m still trying to google where I can find a crooked post in industry standards.

And best of all “builders lien” when we didn’t want to sign off on the shoddy work you did and pay before the job was completed to your clients approval .... lucky for you guys we found someone that could try straightening the mess your drywallers made with old outdated metal corner beads.

All in all I leaned a lot about this company they are not qualified to take on skilled jobs like this one and they are very manipulative, bad communication between the trades and the owner and in the end we ended up managing our own renovation.

Shame on you for creating a crooked post.

Mike & Marcia

More about HAUS Handyman

HAUS Handyman is Greater Vancouver’s premier one stop handyman service. Our team of HAUS professionals can assist with any repairs you may need. We have decades of experience in the construction industry – whatever it is, we can fix it.
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Vancouver?