Great Canadian Handymen

Reviews for Great Canadian Handymen

horst749@gmail.com
H. 9.
1 review Hamilton, ON

Reshingling the roof while adding ventilation

I was very impressed by Kevin and his workers. Kevin has good experience as a roofer and offered good solutions to our inadequate ventilation. He offered energy star gray shingles which look great and will cut down on our air-conditioning costs due to improved reflection and less heat build-up. Kevin is very conscientious and his workers were careful, courteous and helpful. Kevin made a personal extra visit to come back and ensure that everything was well-done. I recommend him and Great Canadian Handymen very highly. Will get quotes from them for other jobs. Their quote on the roof job was significantly lower than the other quote I had.

Jim
Jim

Roof Repair, 1/2 roof replacement

Kevin and his crew are what you always hope for with these type of repairs, honest, hard working, conscientious, professional and they provide very high value for a very fair and reasonable price. After the wind storm we lost a few shingles and had an emergency patch and tarp put on by a different company. For several months we tried desperately to find someone who would do a permanent roof repair, but all the roofers we contacted were so busy from the wind storm that all anyone would quote us on was a complete roof replacement, at exorbitant prices to boot. We'd already had the roof replaced 10 years ago and thought that was ridiculous. We put our request for repair out one final time on HomeStars and thank goodness, Kevin and Great Canadian Handymen replied. Kevin came out within a few days to provide a free estimate, that was very good value for the work that needed to be done (1/2 roof replacement). He took the time to educate us about what repairs needed to be done and which ones didn't. He even went to great lengths to match our original shingle color, which had been discontinued. To put the icing on the cake, after scheduling the permanent repair with Kevin, but before that time slot arrived, our temporary patch started to leak. Kevin and his crew stopped by on their way back from another job and applied a temporary repair, at a ridiculously reasonable price. Outstanding customer service and value from a company that really cares about doing good work.

Craig
Craig

Replace my old Roof

The crew at Great Canadian Handymen came out to my house last week and installed a new roof. The crew did an excellent job, they were fast, stayed in budget and the quality of work surpassed my expectations. They were also great with both of my small children and even took the time out to show and explain to my oldest son on how some of their tools worked. I would recommend Kevin and his crew at Great Canadian Handymen to anyone looking for any roofing needs.

KimT in Markham
KimT in Markham

Still waiting for a return visit/call months later

These roofers came to repair damage to by balcony/roof done after a rain/ice storm. They completed the job but within 2 weeks the roof began to leak again and worse than before. They adjusted the grading to the roof and now the water pools on my roof instead of draining off. I have been trying to contact them since the date of repair more than a month ago and no one will return the call. All calls are being screened and no response is given. I am very disappointed and angry with the level of work done and follow up from this company. NOT RELIABLE or TRUSTWORTHY at all!

We did not complete the carpentry work on this particular job. We were subcontracted by another company to install the double layer membrane and install a new scupper drain only. We offered and advised the carpenters to allow us to properly slope the roof, which they refused. The work they completed created a low point several inches from the scupper drain. Causing severe water pooling, not allowing for water to run off or flow out the drain as it is intended to do so. The materials we installed were in fact installed to manufacturers specifications. They are designed to work with a properly sloped roof and adequate drainage system. The products are not designed to retain water for an extended period of time. Continuous water pooling can and will lead to seams being ruptured. We can not warranty carpentry that we did not complete. After recieving the call regarding the matter. It was made clear to the Carpenters that they will be contacted within the next couple weeks to asses the damage. They continued to harass us with daily phone calls. And threatening our receptionist. The work completed by Great Canadian Handymen LTD was performed properly. The issue at hand is the direct fault of the improper carpentry installed by the carpenters who hired us.

Rena
Rena
1 review Hamilton, ON

Roof Replacement

Firstly, from an aesthetics perspective I am extremely pleased with the look of our new roof!

It was a pleasure to deal with Kevin throughout - from quote process through to completion of the work. He kept to his commitments in terms of start and completion date. He did an excellent job of keeping us informed of progress and expectations on what would come next. Kevin and his crew were on time each day and took extra care with ensuring that our property/furniture was protected while the work was being performed. Clean-up was performed daily so that we had full use of our driveway and access to our yard. Kevin committed to an 'all in' quote i.e. he would take full responsibility if any extras were required in order to complete the job and he held to this promise. Kevin noticed that one particular area of our roof was water damaged and replaced the plywood and made the repair. After noticing and informing Kevin that there were a few touch ups that were required, he promptly arrived with no question to resolve quickly and ensure we were 100% satisfied.

Kevin takes great care to run his business with the utmost courtesy and quality and prides himself on his great customer service - I would agree with him that he meets all of these objectives.

I never had a concern at any point that he wasn’t doing his best to make sure that this was seamless for us and that we were being given exceptional quality and service!

Tor S.
Tor S.

Roof replacement

Kevin and his team replaced my roof that had both shingled and flat roof elements. The roof had previously been poorly constructed with multiple layers and shoddy workmanship.
Throughout the roof replacement process, Kevin was very communicative about the issues he uncovered and reassuring with his solutions. I feel that Kevin could have easily upped his charges for the unforeseen problems he encountered, and I feel lucky that I hired an honest contractor for this large project who truly wanted to do good and honest work. I would recommend him and his team to anyone.

Kevin in Hamilton
Kevin in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Great job on gazebo roof

Kevin came to quote me for a 20 ft. x 12 ft. gazebo roof. He gave me an awesome deal on some shingles he had leftover from a previous job. I booked him on the spot, he and his crew came a week later and executed the job as planned, and it looks great. Completely honest, hardworking guys. Highly recommend.

Roof replacement

We find the cmpany on the Home star. They told us that they finished a new roof installlment near our house, so we decided them to do our roof after we look their works.
They show us that they are committed to doing quality work at a fair price when they came to estimate. Then they make a smart suggest for our flat roof, so they save us so much money. I must say it is the most correct decision after they finish our roof relpacement.
Because they did each step so carefully and completely match they show us before.
And they clean all nails during they repair, so you didn't need to clean your yard again.
At the end of the job, the quoted price was what I was invoiced.
Finally I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for a new/replacement roof.

S. B.
S. B.
2 reviews Milton, ON

Roof repair

Great job; very responsive, and reasonably priced.
would definitely recommend.
thank you for your service.
My new go to Guy.

Alison
Alison

Repair to roof

From start to finish everything handled professionally, promptly and politely. Particularly appreciated Kevin’s knowledge of roofing problems and materials and his ability to explain clearly what needed to be done.

More about Great Canadian Handymen

Top of the line roofing. Offering high quality products and top quality craftsmanship.
-Shingles.