Pouring Pavement

Pouring Pavement

Reviews for Pouring Pavement

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Concrete

Price is good. Easy to deal with. You get what you pay for. The workmanship could have been a little bit better. He only takes him 2 hrs to finish.

Jeff in Old Toronto
Jeff in Old Toronto

foundation / waterproofing install

I hired Pro Concrete Solutions threw a reference to do a small foundation install and waterproofing system with sump pump.

Steve the owner was responsive with in reason to my phone calls and did complete the job on time with city inspection passing.

Leo in Toronto
Leo in Toronto

No shows and no fixes

We hired Steve’s company to replace our driveway together with our neighbours. The driveway is split between our properties and we split the cost.

Steve’s company managed to replace a properly graded driveway with one that has two puddles. The puddles form easily and are a magnet for sand in the runoff, so the spots look ugly even when it’s dry. We asked Steve to fix after we paid in full and we got a month of promises and no-shows that wasted a lot of our time. I’m very disappointed in the lack of follow-through and the clear lack of any commitment to warranty on the work.

False promises and no-shows were part of the whole experience. Despite good weather, it took weeks longer to finish the driveway than estimated. Initially the company also skipped replacing a foot of cracked old driveway and had to be called in to finish that part properly too.

DP712 in Toronto
DP712 in Toronto

Concrete Driveway

I would never tell someone not to hire a particular company, I’m no expert on concrete, but I know enough to know when a job is done right and when it isn’t. We hired Pro Concrete Solutions GTA, partly because of the glowing 10/10 reviews they received here on Homestars. I can assure you we did NOT get the 10/10 company that seems to be represented here. We got a company that was high on promises but low on delivery. The communication we got from Steve (the owner) during the project was terrible, as was his communication with his staff. One hand didn’t know what the other one was doing; instructions were not relayed properly resulting in errors mid project. During the project there were stretches of days where no one showed up to continue the work, and I’m not talking about rainy days where work couldn’t be done. I’m talking about clear sunny days mid project, no workers, no progress, and no information from the company. We had to chase them down and hassle them to find out when things would get done.
We were promised demolition of an old existing driveway to be replaced with a new concrete driveway, shared with our neighbours. The old one was to be cut up to a large crack at the top of the drive, as concrete continues on to the backyard, which didn’t need to be replaced. The new shared driveway was to slope away from the houses so that rainwater would travel down the middle and away from the homes. We were also told we’d get new parging along the side of the house as the old one would get destroyed during the demolition phase.
What we got was a driveway that wasn’t cut to the right section initially, leaving the large obvious crumbling crack as is. We noticed the error prior to the new concrete being poured, asked whether the crack would be fixed and were waved off with “yeah yeah yeah’s” only to find the portion still not cut after the new concrete was poured. They had to cut again, jack hammer and fill again the portion they missed.
We also got a driveway that actually sloped INTO the house at some areas causing water to pool along certain sections of the house, most notably right by the basement window. And if that wasn’t bad enough, the work was so poorly done that a large puddle pools at the top of the driveway with every rainfall. It’s so large that it hasn’t rained in 5 days and there’s still enough water collected in the area that I can splash with my foot.
We got parging that looks like it’s been done by a 5 year old playing with playdo, slapped on like an after thought, that’s cracking already I might add. The old parging job was done by the previous homeowners and was better than what was done by these “professionals”.
We reached out to Steve on the day that we noticed all the water pooling, which was 2 days after the job was completed. He was quick to acknowledge that it was an unacceptable problem and promised that they’d come back and fix it. It’s been a month and I’m still waiting, with countless dates planned resulting in just as many no shows. The favourite excuse seems to be rain delays, but there have been more sunny days than not so I’m not buying that one anymore.
Pro Concrete Solutions GTA were quick to post our driveway on this site when they were finishing up, so I’ve included what it really looks like, pooling water, no sloping in certain areas and sloppy work.
I cannot recommend Pro Concrete Solutions GTA to anyone, but if you do decide to hire this company, just be aware that what we got was far from the 10/10 reviews that have been posted here. (And just a side note, all the previous reviews were done by people who just happened to join Homestars within days of each other)

Tony from HighPark
Tony from HighPark

Foundation Leak

Found out this summer my basement had some pretty bad leaks, Called This company and problem got identified and solve fairly quick.
Job had a good price, work was started next day and most importantly, Job site was clean when work was completed.
Thx for the great work Steve!?

Hussian in Mississauga
Hussian in Mississauga

Basement walkout

Thanks Steve for saving the day just to make a long story short we hired someone for this site and it didn’t go well after 3 failed insecptions I had it so I one of my co workers to me to call Steve well I am so glad I did he fixed everything pass insecptions with flying clours he even install a landscape box at bottom of the stairs for easy cleaning the cement looks great and clean up was amazing they even replace the grass wow great job guys tell the frank Kevin and Jonny thank you

hi hussian thank for the review always happy to hear and we let the crew know

Mm14 in Mississauga
Mm14 in Mississauga

Concrete

Highly recommended this company. They are very quick to answer your calls and come out for a quote. Once at my house they were very knowledgeable and easy to understand.

Thanks MM for the review always happy to hear from clients are pleased with our work let us know when you get the driveway done thanks again have a great day

Janice in Mississauga
Janice in Mississauga

Paugreing around home

Hi i would thank the crew from Pro concrete solutions for the great job they did i could not belive the how they treates my home even though the work was outside they took the time to put drip sheets and brush finsh was a really nice touch thanks again great work

hi Janice thanks for the review the guys are still talking about the there new helper Bosco that lillte dog can come to help us any time and thanks again we always happy to hear feedback from our clients thanks again

More about Pouring Pavement

We like to pour out your pavement
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Mississauga?