I was lucky enough to find Alan about 8 years and two houses ago. At the first house he built us a beautiful deck off our third story bedroom. He was very collaborative, happy to hear my ideas and made a lot of excellent recommendations and created a beautiful outdoor space for us.
At our next house he did A LOT of work:
- levelled out our crooked house and floors
- enclosed a front porch to be part of our indoor space (front foyer)
- tiled our foyer floor, kitchen backsplash and entire bathroom
- installed beams on our main floor ceilings
- built a functional and beautiful custom cabinet to fit around the washer and dryer which was in our kitchen (so it looked like part of the kitchen - in the photos of the kitchen, the cabinet is on the opposite side of the room as the fridge and stove, it fits right in)
- installed doors (regular doors as well as a barn door with track)
- installed baseboards and trim throughout
- built a beautiful custom desktop.
He also did some minor plumbing and electrical and would pop by for smaller jobs like putting up light fixtures and house numbers which was amazing because it's so difficult to find people willing to take smaller jobs on.
Alan is extremely reliable, reasonably priced, detail oriented, collaborative and a wonderful person. If I could give him more stars I would. Please have a look at the photos of all his wonderful work.
***I listed the price as $100+ because I couldn't submit my review without a price. As you see I've listed A LOT of things and obviously the cost for each job varies. But as I said, he's very reasonably priced.