Red's Carpentry And Fine Finishes

Red's Carpentry And Fine Finishes

Reviews for Red's Carpentry And Fine Finishes

Kim
Kim

Ceiling repair and paint, kitchen cabinetry, stained glass installation

I cannot say enough about Shannon and her team. I had initially contacted Red’s for a quote to have the ceilings repaired and painted, and new pot lighting installed. At our initial meeting, I also mentioned a few other odds and ends jobs I was looking for someone to finish off for me, and she didn’t hesitate to take on the work, even tho they were considered “challenges” by other companies I’d been in touch with. In fact, she actually came by 2 days later on the weekend and fixed the front door that I had been told was impossible to adjust.

I have a half finished cabinet that I wanted to have finished to match the others in the kitchen, and she did not disappoint! I also have 9 stained glass window panes that needed to be installed, and even tho she said it was not something she had done before, agreed to take it on as well. The finished product would suggest differently. I am so pleased with the final result of both woodworking projects. Both have far exceeded my hopes! On top of it all, I put a short time frame on the woodwork portion of the job, and again, she took it all in stride. She tirelessly worked long hours and weekends, during to coldest part of January to get the woodworking part of the job done within my time crunch.

As she was working on the ceilings, she noticed a “bulge” in the ceiling beneath the upstairs bathroom. Sure enough, the old plumbing had a leak. Shannon didn’t hesitate to take on responsibility of overseeing the repairs to the plumbing, as I was away, and re-do the repairs to the ceiling. She did an incredible job on the crooked, bumpy ceilings of this 100+ year old house! The entire house was left in pristine condition, and her initial quote was what I paid, even tho she went far, far above and beyond what was agreed upon.

I can’t thank you enough Shannon for your professionalism, patience, and perseverance. You handled all of the challenges and changes with calmness, confidence, and just the right amount of humour to put me completely at ease! I will be in touch with you soon for the next project to complete on my list, and will most definitely recommend you to friends and family!

Thanks for the awesome review, Kim! You were a pleasure to deal with and I enjoyed tackling some new challenges :) We look forward to hearing from you soon!

patrick
patrick

Basement drywall

I have worked in the trades, have friends in the trades and hired numerous trades over numerous renovations; and I am always amazed at how awful the experience usually is. They don't show up, they show up late, the cut corners, they complain and up-charge, or make assumptions and do things that don't account for the job in it's entirety just their part in it; and on and on. None of the things you would think to look for change this either 100 stars or non, most expensive or least expensive. For example before I found Shannon at Red's, I had several quotes for the job the most expensive of which was almost $8000.00 and was highly rated here on homestars - that was more that 4x the price of any other quote (5 quotes); others with the highest ratings cancelled day of or no showed.

Thank god I found Shannon! Her quoted cost was great even though as we went on it was clear she probably should have asked for more but instead of complaining she simply said "a deal's a deal" and put in a ton of hours and hard work. Her communication was great she kept me informed via text how each day was going, connected regarding any issues which arose immediately and asked about things that may impact other pieces of the job down the road. I refer to those as the business skills and she was a great business to work with. Regarding her skilled work, she showed up on time ready to go each day. In line with the communication she would be in touch to ask questions to ensure that I had time to consider things I admittedly had forgotten to think about. She put in long days, kept the house clean, cleaned once she left and the final product was great. I also did initially expect her to prime the entire project which she did.

Thanks so much you made the job smooth and professional - which is what should be the expectation.

Thanks for the amazing review Patrick! You were a pleasure to work with and I wish you all the best with your project as you move forward with it :)

dunc.l.scott
dunc.l.scott

Bathroom Barn Door

Small Half Bath needed a barn door to replace normal door. Very challenging area to work in.

Thanks for the 10 stars, Duncan! You're right--the tight space was challenging, but we took our time and got it right :) Your new barn door looks great!

Amy
Amy
1 review Calgary, ON

Shower ceiling

Shannon is amazing at the work she does. She is punctual, detailed and very efficient. She will walk you through the work being done step by step. Her prices are very reasonable. This is now the 3rd job we have had Shannon do for us. We will always use her for all our home renovations. We highly recommend her!!

Thanks Amy! It's always a pleasure to work with you and your family!

Nick in Calgary
Nick in Calgary

Best contractor I’ve dealt with

Shannon was by far the best contractor I’ve dealt with. She was hired for fixing up baseboards, replacing closet doors, regular doors, shower tile, and repainting the entire unit.

I greatly appreciated how she explained every detail each step of the way so that I could be fully involved. I didn’t experience any anxiety or worry due to this, and I knew there wouldn’t be any hidden costs.

Her passion and expertise was evident and she had the perfect mix of professionalism, humor, and friendliness. I am beyond satisfied and can’t recommend her enough.

Thank you very much Shannon for all your hard work!

Hi Nick! You guys were a pleasure to work with and I wish you all the best as you move forward with future projects :)

Sofia in Calgary
Sofia in Calgary

Whole house repaint

Shannon painted my entire house and I cannot be more pleased. She was efficient and extremely professional. And when she left, her work area was spotless. I will be using Shannon and her company for any future home renovations or repairs.
I would absolutely recommend Red's.

Thanks, Sofia! We're glad you're happy :)

elisashigehiro
elisashigehiro
0 reviews Okotoks, AB

Kitchen cabinet repair, wood work repair

I had a split kitchen cabinet door, and a handmade wooden quilt stand that I assumed was broken beyond repair. Red's was able to fix both items to the point that you can't tell they were broken in the first place. I am amazed by the quality and speed of the work, and I'd most definitely recommend Red's to any of my friends or family who need carpentry or repair!

Thank you for trusting your items with us, and we're glad to have been able to help!

tim
tim

Bathroom and study Reno. Remove and spray 28 new doors and reinstall. Mid painting including mill work

First of all. They showed up on time and put in long days. Very flexible with changes and made good suggestions when our plan did not work or was not practical.
The quality of the work was very high . They did a great job of cleaning up afterwords.
When they sprayed the doors in the garage the did an excellent job of covering everything with sheeting !!!!!

Thank you very much for the review, Tim. You guys were very easy to work with!

DW
DW

Knockdown at its best

If you need any finishing work done then look no further than Reds Carpentry and Fine Finishes. They did an awesome job on the knockdown ceiling in our basement and we will have the Reds crew back to continue on with our main floor Reno's when we are ready. Professional, courteous, on time and no mess left after they were done.
Highly recommended !!!!

Thank you so much for the review, it was a pleasure working with you! looking forward to round two.

Lynda
Lynda

Painted my condo, replaced baseboards and lighting.

The work exceeded my expectations. It was done in a timely and very professional manner, paying close attention to every detail. Would definitely ask Red's to do more work for me.

Thanks so much, Lynda!

More about Red's Carpentry And Fine Finishes

***EDIT*** Red's Carpentry & Fine Finishes is no longer accepting new customers. Thank you for your consideration. Red’s Carpentry & Fine Finishes is a small but growing Calgary renovation and restoration company. Since 2014 we’ve prided ourselves on delivering exceptional service to every client. We offer start to finish solutions ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Calgary?