Appliance Repair Expert

Appliance Repair Expert

Reviews for Appliance Repair Expert

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Dishwasher Disrepair - Do Not Recommend

I do not recommend this company.

My dishwasher had stopped working - no water was filling into the washer and we could see there was a small leak coming from the bottom of the appliance.
I searched online for a reputable appliance repair company and came across Appliance Repair Expert (on Homestar). Reviews seemed ok - a little mixed - but decided to give it a try.

I left a message and someone did call back and said they would give us a 30$ discount for a first time call. We set an appointment time.

A man named Thomson called me to tell me he would be at my home 1 hour before the set time, which was fine as I was available. He came in and looked at the dishwasher. First, he said a valve was leaking, and simply tightening it may stop the leaking issue. Then, he determined that I needed a new circulation pump motor assembly for $390 which would fix the water not filling into the dishwasher problem. He told me parts and labour would be approx $700. I thought it was too much, and when I said so, he said he could give me a discount, making the total $610. At that point, he asked for a $450 deposit. I felt uncomfortable, because I was worried he would take the money and not do the work, but he assured me he would come back to fix my dishwasher. I paid the deposit, even though I felt that it was a lot, and for a company I was not familiar with. On the other hand, I felt I was already committed, as I already had to pay $100 for the service call. This all happened on a Monday. By Friday, I hadn't heard anything, and I called him back to see the status - at first he was confused as to who I was. He said it would be another few days. He returned the next Monday, and honestly he acted disrespectful. The weather was bad, but came to my home with his shoes on - was abrupt with me, avoided eye contact, was on his phone, and was behaving as if he was doing me a favour. He fixed the circulation pump motor assembly and got the dishwasher to work again. He said he would tighten the valve so it would not leak but asked me to monitor it for leaks. We put a small pan under it to catch the leak. He put the dishwasher back in, and left a piece off that in order to see if there was still a leak. The dishwasher was now sitting in the counter space 2 inches lower than it was before - leaving a big gap. He was rough with it, and he tore a piece off my countertop when installing it. He also left dirt and grime all over the face of the dishwasher, which was really disgusting, I felt it was very unprofessional. He took the old assembly he had removed with him, he said to dispose of it. The next morning, we woke up to water flowing from the basement ceiling below the dishwasher. I texted him immediately to let him know. I also told him that I did not trust him, or his work, and that he had taken more money and made the issue a lot worse. I had a feeling that this was not a real company as I had tried calling the "head office" and never was able to reach anyone. I contacted another company to come and fix the issue.

The new technician (who came highly recommended) came and said that the water leak was because Thomson from Appliance Repair Expert tightened the valve too tight and caused the damage. He also said that the circulation pump assembly was likely not the reason for the water not filling the basin. A new circulation pump would be needed if the water was filling but not moving - which was not the case. He also agreed that the manner he reinstalled the dishwasher was a problem. It was 2" lower and on a forward tilt, which would cause pooling and more water damage if it was left as is. The new technician fixed the valve and reinstalled the dishwasher. He left it clean and in great working order.

Randy in Cranbrook
Randy in Cranbrook
0 reviews Cranbrook, BC

Refrigerator repair

Repais were done improperly. Called 15 times, no reply, no service, terrible company and service.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Dishwasher Issue

Placed a call last night at 9.30. Had a call back from them within 15 minutes for a time the technician would be here today. Arrived on time, courteous, knowledgeable and had the problem fixed without fuss or mess. Amazing. Will definitely use for future appliance issues.

Aaron in Medicine Hat
Aaron in Medicine Hat
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

GE dishwasher “repair”

Update - also left a google review. They have a stock response apologizing for the situation and to email the manager for immediate resolution. It has been almost 1 month with multiple ignored emails. Their customer service is as bad as their repair service.

Do not use this company! Advertised themselves as GE specific repair, but didnt know appropriate error codes or how to run diagnostics. Did basic troubleshooting that I had already done myself. Spent time googling the error code incorrectly. Misdiagnosed the problem as a water pump. They left saying they would get me a quote on replacement parts and I havent heard back from them in over a week. The issue was a water inlet valve that Ive since replaced. They dont return calls after the initial appointment setup. Will be contacting credit card company for a refund as the manager has not returned my call or responded to my email.

Christine in Verdun
Christine in Verdun
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Most inadequate "repair" company I've ever dealt with.

The freezer part of my Samsung french door fridge stopped working but the fridge part was still cooling. Technician came in, spent less than five minutes assessing the fridge and diagnosed the issue as compressor dead and quoted me a fix price of $1,100.00. I declined and called Samsung after he left. Samsung advised that the compressor has a 10 year warranty. Set up another appointment with another repair company where the technician was here for over an hour and advised that the compressor was fine but that the fan was starting to go. Long story short I will not be doing business with company in the future.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Gas Oven Repair - EXPENSIVE

We have a Samsung gas stove that needed a new igniter for the gas oven. A Samsung igniter is $200 on Samsung's website, and Amazon has universal igniters for under $100. This is the second time we've had the igniter replaced - 4 years ago, the repair was $330 tax incl. After 2 missed appointments by an A.R.E tech, one finally arrived on time.
He was knowledgeable and answered the questions I had. I have difficulty understanding the $670 bill (minus a $60 discount for 2 missed appts). The part was quoted to me as $320. Even if it is a Samsung part (which it isn't), $320 generates a substantial profit for A.R.E. And $280 for labour? The repair, start to finish, was completed in 12 minutes, and did not require complicated gas line work. In fact, the tech did not need to move the stove to turn off the gas line. We're happy that our oven works better with a new igniter, but I will never call A.R.E. for service again.

Dishwasher Repair

Ridj was the repairman who fixed my dishwasher. It is an older model but Ridj has it working like a charm. He was on time, polite and hard working. I would definitely recommend him.

Patti in Toronto
Patti in Toronto
0 reviews Guelph, ON

INCOMPETENT TECHNICIAN - AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
Service technician came to our home Sept 27th to repair fridge with default code. We were told the $89.95 service charge would be waived as we were a new customer (that was a welcomed start). We would then be billed for parts and labour.
We were given a 4 hour window of time for technician arrival with communication from technician to come 1/2 hour before arrival. Technician late and late call. Technician spent 2 hours "working" on fridge. He said he was done. It was commented the default codes were still there. He said "let the fridge do it's thing". Needless to say, fridge did not work. I called 2+ hours after he left and the customer service rep said the technician would call us that evening however would not be coming back to the home (that was ok as we would be able to talk to the Technician). Technician did not call. I called company in the morning and was told we would be a priority call. I asked what that meant. The Rep said we would be the first call of the Technician. Technician did not call us at all. We contacted Technician during day (had his # from call day before) .... after back & forth Technician never came.
We were invoiced 1 unit @ $295 plus tax for this incompetent work. I'm not sure how that translates into parts & labour, as we were told we would be billed. The 'unit' was not identified.
We have requested a full refund due to incompetent work. We have called and been hung up on, transferred to Technicians and hung up on, referred to "Andrew" the Manager and left voicemails and sent numerous emails .......... nothing.
Just called now, and asked to speak with Andrew. The Rep said he would transfer call. I said please do not transfer, I will wait. I asked Rep where Andrew was, he said in his office. I asked if same location and the Rep said yes. I asked to please get Andrew so he could take the call ..... The Rep hung up.
The day after the initial repair we contacted a Guelph local repair company who serviced the fridge. We talked about the service a few days earlier and they asked if it was a company who says they won't charge the service call fee, and then charge a flat rate of almost $300 with poor workmanship. We said yes, it was Appliance Repair Experts. Appliance Repair Experts is earning a very poor name in Guelph.

We should never have paid the Technician, that is our fault. We are trusting individuals who expect to pay for competent work .... and gladly do so.
We continue to request a full refund ....... time will tell.
Please note ...... I am polite, patient yet frustrated when I call .... I do not raise my voice .... I have not been rude and do not use foul language.
This review is long ......... take heed - do not engage with Appliance Repair Experts.

Jean-Sebastien in Toronto
Jean-Sebastien in Toronto

Gas Stove Repair

I contacted Appliance Repair Experts to fix one burner that was malfunctioning on my stove. It took about 2 months to fix. The repairman was unreliable, often not showing up at the agreed upon time, and was uncommunicative except when he wanted to get paid. The company itself wasnt much better. I called to get another repair person, and they didnt get back to me. I called again and they transferred me to a voicemail that was full and couldnt take my message.

More about Appliance Repair Expert

WHY CHOOSE US TO REPAIR YOUR APPLIANCE? Appliance Repair Experts is committed to providing excellent service across Toronto, GTA, Ottawa , Edmonton , Calgary and nearby regions. Our punctual and friendly staff will provide budget-friendly repairs. In our decade of experience, we have learned that you can get your appliances ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vaughan?