Had a neighbor's roofing guy come up to is warning our shingles were peeling and needed changing asap. Call around for more quotes and decided to go with the cheaper option from tailwinds (was in the Chinese newspaper). The guy was friendly enough and the quote included a bunch of things including landmark shingles and ice and water shield.
- when bringing the bags of shingles to the roof, they dropped them on the roof causing the entire house to shake. It felt damaging and unsafe to the structure. I asked them to be gentler but they continued.
- I caught them not putting ice and water shield on the garage portion of the roof. When confronted, they claimed they 'ran out' and that the rest of the roof does have it. Who really knows. They should've gone out and got more.
- they left behind lots of the plastic strips strewn around my lot as well as our neighbors lot. They also left behind plastic strips still attached to the shingle flapping in the wind along the edge of the house
- they reused the flashing when they should've installed new flashing. (I can't imaging prying up old flashing to install new shingles underneath can be any good for the flashing.)
- I was able to watch them lay down the shingles on a certain portion of the roof and saw they left some areas that should've had underlay bare.
- they originally told me the landmark shingles were triple layer but in fact they were the regular 2 layer kind.