HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  Precision Roof Works

Reviews for Precision Roof Works

Jimmy
Jimmy

New roof

Harold and his team did a fantastic job! They were not really only quick at coming to give a quote but also in getting the job done.

The day of the job they showed up on time and ready to get the job done. The team doing the work was great and very respectful of the neighbors as well. I had a few tell me that the guys were very kind to them as we had to semi block of a laneway for the trash.

Would highly recommend Harold!

Cairn Champagne
Cairn Champagne

Sloped roof, Flat roof - strip

Harold's knowledge and passion for quality roofwork is unbelievable. His crew was friendly, prompt and - VERY clean.

My roof was in terrible shape and, had not been stripped for more than 100 years. Harold's crew removed the original roof and, the 5 layers on top. They had to take special mind of the school that was located next door. They were not able to use a BIN and had to remove all the refuse from the property in bags - by hand. Not easy work. But, it was all done effectively and with no complaints. It was also cleaned up every night - which was really nice.

The work was impeccable when it was all done. The flat roof looks amazing and, is now properly insulated. As is, the sloped roof.

My only regret is that I didn't find Harold sooner. Then he could have done the work on the other portions of my roof that other companies had done.

putting five tons ( no joke ) of debris in garbage bags and safely getting it down off a tall house was a challenge which worked out well

Amanda
Amanda

Full flat roof , peeked roof , sky light and new gutters

I could NOT be HAPPIER with all the work they did for us ..... it was a BIG job and they handled it with care , efficiency and a great work ethic. Harold and his team were very pacient with me , answered all of my questions and also helped me make some big decisions.

I interviewed 5 different roofing companies before I picked this one , and I can tell you that Harold was one of the only ones I trusted... he accually made me get on my roof and show me what was wrong and why and what we needed fixed ( still can't believe I did that )

If you want a company that will care for your house as much as YOU do .... hire them !!!

I promise you will be happy with there work , quality, and how fast and efficient they are

the new 4' x 4' fully skylight install came out beautifully on the cathedral ceiling and the dark grey vinyl imitation cedar siding look beautiful etc..

TJD in Toronto
TJD in Toronto

New flat roof, new skylight, removed old chimney

Our neighbour (the other side of our semi) found Harold after a serious leak in their flat roof. We knew our membrane was due for replacement so we asked Harold to assess it, as well as the old (unused) chimney and an old skylight.

He showed us signs of trouble with the membrane, deterioration in the chimney and leaks aroun the skylight, with detailed expectations of what he expected to find. Once he started, he brought us up to the roof several times to see the issues he'd predicted and explain the work. He never pressured us and patiently answered all of our questions.

In the end we got a new flat roof (properly tied into the eaves), a new skylight and a removed/capped chimney. His crew was quick, friendly and professional. They seemed very safety-conscious. I don't know anything about roofing but I'm confident I paid a reasonable price for very good work.

Harold even went above and beyond. While chatting he pointed out some issues with my balcony that would be an easy fix for me. I spent a couple of afternoons on my own ladder improving drainage - Harold even came up and spent some time helping, no charge.

We're 100% satisfied with the work and would recommend Harold to anyone.

thanks for the kind review
it was a pleasure doing the work

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

flat roof

Harold and his hard working and polite crew put on a new flat roof on top of my 3 story downtown home. They did a great job. They were fair and reasonable. They showed me all their steps and explained what was needed and why, the alternatives, etc. They cleaned up well and were pros.

it was a tough job as we had to move a deck down one story to do the flat roof underneath it. The deck had been bolted through the roof which creates holes.We re-configured the deck and correctly mounted it. It went well

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

New roof, rubber membrane, underlayment, custom metal around skylights and drip edge around eaves

I called Harold on Easter Monday, a rare sunny day in April. I needed an estimate on my flat roof and the main roof of my house. Both leaked during heavy rains. He and his crew were minutes away, installing a new roof in nearby north Leaside. Harold took my call and rang my doorbell 20 minutes later. He had scoped out my roof from the sidewalk and could see it was in bad shape.

We climbed to the 18-year-old roof and examined it. A section of the roof was quite clearly a disaster. The builder who had slapped up the original roof had cut some significant corners. Harold explained what we had to do.
* Replace the shoddy roof with a proper multi-layered roof with rubber membrane, waterproof underlayment and some quality shingles
* Bump up the number of vents from 4 to 8 and insert proper bathroom fan vents.
* Take steps to ensure water travels around the skylights by inserting custom fit metal flashing and some high grade caulk
* Insert a metal drip edge into the eavestrough

Harold was great, but I was cautious and wanted other quotes and opinions, despite the urgent need to replace the roof. Other roofers (also highly rated on HomeStars) I called after meeting Harold either didn't phone me back or didn't follow through on quotes. I took a few days to research attic venting, roof layers, shingle quality and warranties, then phoned Harold with a series of questions that he answered expertly. After the inquisition and receiving a written quote, I asked him to schedule the job.

Of course, it rained steadily and sometimes tumultuously for a week. When the forecast brightened, Harold scheduled me in. His crew arrived at 7:40am the next day and finished around 5pm. At about 3pm, Harold invited me to the rooftop to view the new vents, new flashing around the skylights, etc. I was pleased.

His crew was efficient, cordial and tidy. They left no debris.

I'll give the penultimate word to my wife, who said after the roofers had left: "I'm just glad we have a new roof. Now I can sleep better when it rains." Next up...that troublesome flat roof.

It was a pleasure to work with you

Daybreak C.
Daybreak C.

Roofing, various repairs and flashings.

As a contractor I have worked with Harold for the past 20 years. Without exception the jobs are all done with expertise and attention to providing great finished product and service. I have referred them to many thankful customer.
over the years

It has been a pleasure working with you (a contractor who cares about the work he doing )

Sean from Toronto
Sean from Toronto

Emergency Roof Repair and more

We met Harold when we were trying to sell our house. Harold had been referred to us by our real estate agent when the original contractor we had hired ended up being unreliable and left us in a bind. Harold was by our house the next day to ask what we needed done. He then followed up with us within 48 hours and had a well detailed plan for each item that I had walked through the house and told him needed repair. Two days later at 8:15 in the morning he and his crew were there ready to work. He finished the work in the time he had quoted. Harold and his crew were quick and demonstrated impeccable work.
Then we were in another huge bind. Harold and his crew really showed up after we moved into our next home. The day after we moved in the roof started leaking as it hadn't been caught by the inspector or the city inspector for that matter. Long story short, Harold was there that very same evening to see what the problem was. When he looked at the roof he gave us the bad news that the roof had been improperly installed and needed to be replaced. Definitely not how you want to spend your first night in your new home. He started work on it that very Monday and within 2 days we had a brand new flat roof!
Harold is the type of contractor you want to hire. He's honest, reliable and respects what you have to say. We can’t forget to mention about his hard working crew who did their job extremely well.
In Toronto it's hard to find someone who is going to give you that care and level of service like Harold will but that's why whenever I need advice or help Harold is the first I guy I call.

Thanks for the nice review

Jeremy from Old Toronto
Jeremy from Old Toronto

Roof repair, gutters, skylight

Harold is a rare contractor: meticulous, skilled and, most importantly, honest.
We bought an old house that needed roof work on two flat roofs. We were referred to Harold and I'm very glad we were. Harold brought me up on to the roof and we went over everything that needed to be done. He had photos of the work that needed doing so that he could show me exactly what would happen. It turned out that we had five layers of old roof -- all soggy and rotten. Harold and his team showed up exactly when they said they would, protected our neighbour's house and did quick, excellent work. We also had him do the gutters and installed a skylight. Our final bill was exactly what was quoted and exactly on the timeline that he provided.
We even had to call him back to fix some damage to the roof that was done when a plumber removed our stack. He and one of his guys came early on a Saturday and didn't just patch but really fixed the issue.
I also got quotes from other roofers and Harold was the least expensive and he was far more detailed and knowledgeable the other (very professional) roofers.
Can't recommend him enough. Thanks Harold.

it was a fun job working with you and your family and seeing the nice bright staircase that the new skylight created.

Bryan in Toronto
Bryan in Toronto

Flat roof repair, new vinyl siding, framing and drywall repairs

Precision was part of a small army of contractors we hired this past summer to repair widespread termite damage to our home. We initially hired Harold's team just for repairs to the flat roof, but were so pleased with the work we hired for them for several other jobs, including an excellent vinyl siding installation. Harold is a rare breed of contractor. He meets with you to discuss the job in detail before preparing a quote, is nearly always on site with his well-organized team, and is happy to review progress with you as they work. Do yourself a favour and hire Precision!

It was a sincere pleasure working with you and your family.

More about Precision Roof Works

My name is Harold Spissinger and I have been roofing for 27 years. I have been on the roof doing the actual work for this time and am on the roof for most jobs. My crew of men have been with me for over twenty years ( same guys ) and they are all family men. I have working for me men who are dedicated professionals who care about the work they do.
My goal is to provide the best value for the money as I deliver roofing systems done in accordance with the building code, manufacturers specifications(all of which I am extremely familiar) and all the by-laws. This ensures a roofing system which performs very well over long periods of time. All of my men are trained in Fall Protection and have their up-to-date certs by the Ministry of Labour.