Mississauga Decks & Trim

Reviews for Mississauga Decks & Trim

Bozenna in Mississauga
Bozenna in Mississauga

Deck

John with his team just completed our deck. We are extremely happy with the design, excellent workmanship and timely completion of the project. John was always available to answer our questions.
Thank you John, Art and Lenny - you made our dream to have a beautiful deck come true.

Thanks very much Bozena,

I'm glad your happy with your new deck. It was our pleasure to work with you and your husband Jack.
Enjoy the rest of your summer on your new deck.
Best wishes!

lj mcr from Toronto
lj mcr from Toronto
7 reviews East York, ON

Deck

John and his team, Art and Lenny, built a beautiful deck for us in early May. The communication with John was consistently timely and helpful. The design advice was much appreciated and led to very pleasing aesthetic. We were very impressed with the quality of the work and the dedication shown to work at a high professional carpentry standard.
John helped us with a few small inside projects, again to a very high standard. John and his team demonstrated a high level of integrity and were a pleasure to work with. We feel very fortunate to have chosen this company for our project.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm glad to hear your happy with the outcome of your deck.
It was a pleasure working with you and your husband.
Enjoy your new deck!

Mississauga decks and Trim

Wayne
Wayne

Deck with privacy screens and pergola.

John and his crew did an incredible job building our new deck. The deck is almost 800 sq ft, and has 2 privacy screens and a large pergola in the middle.

John is meticulous in his detail. Every cut is sealed. No end cuts are exposed. End cuts are all sanded. Any ripped boards are mitered to match the opposite side.

John and his crew are true craftsmen. They had some incredible ideas to deal with various problems, like building cabinets do deal with all the seat cushions.

They even built a small pergola by our patio to tie all the structures together.

This is top quality workmanship. I would not hesitate to recommend John. You will not be disappointed.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the great review, it was a real pleasure working with you and your wife.
Thanks for all the coffees and snacks every day. They certainly helped on a few of those cold mornings.
Anyway, enjoy your new deck and have a great summer!!!

Thanks again,

Anthony
Anthony

Deck re-build

John re-built my deck and added an extension into the back yard. He and his crew were very professional and completed the task in short order. The quality of their work is top-notch. I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a great contractor.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the nice review.
I hope you enjoy your new deck!
Many thanks!

Han C. in Mississauga
Han C. in Mississauga

Fire doors, closers, drywall to ceiling

John Morrisey did quality carpentry work in my basement in 2019 February. Hired him to install four interior 20 minute fire-rated wooden door slabs (without pre-hung frames). These slabs were available from Lowes (brand Metrie is Masonite) . John M. had to move some jambs and casings, as well as extending or shortening door height to accommodate varying entrance widths & heights. The heavy fire doors were hung via ball-bearing hinges which I provided to John (bought these myself from a Kijiji seller after researched the need for ball-bearing heavy-duty hinges with 4 screw-holes). Tip: Heavy doors shouldn't be installed with regular hinge, need ball-bearing type. I also bought self-closing closers for John to install (Dorex 1700 is hydraulic commercial grade available from website discountdoorhardware.ca $60 each). Glad that John was knowledgeable about a closer is much better than a pair of adjustable spring-hinges because hydraulic closers allow controls such as closing-speed & latch-speed. My web search of articles confirmed the same (closers better than spring-hinges and spring-hinges need re-adjusting once in a while) Expertly cut drywalls to fit ceiling areas with pipe obstructions. I needed these items done towards gaining City of Mississauga legal second unit status. His quote outlines what's not included (extra costs were items I bought from various places: hinges, closers, door handles etc.). Attentive to details, offered honest advice. Highly recommend.

Thanks Han,

For the good review. It was a pleasure working with you.
Be sure to contact me again if you need any other work done.

Ian
Ian

Interior trim work and new patio staircase

We asked John to complete some interior trim work as we prepped our house to put up for sale. John was ontime, completed the work to amazing results and I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for trim work, or exterior fences and decks. We plan to use him for future projects in our new home.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for taking the time to do the review.
Be sure to call me for any jobs you need done at your new house.

Thanks again!

Kailey O.
Kailey O.

Backyard deck

We are extremely happy with John (and teams work) He really listened to our vision and helped create it. We collaborated on each step of the process so there were no surprises or reworking necessary. We can’t wait to use our deck in the spring. Great team, we are so please. JMC comes highly recommended.

Hi Kailey,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your deck and hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Madiha
Madiha
1 review Milton, ON

Deck

He built our deck in a very professional manner and was very committed, he delivered and exceeded on every promise he made us. In my opinion his work is far superior when compared to very large contractoring companies.

Thanks for the great review Madiha. It was a pleasure working for you. Make sure you give me a call later in the year to do your inside projects.

Jakub K.
Jakub K.

Porch rebuild

John is a master carpenter and his work is structurally solid and aesthetically sound. We went with John and his crew following a great job they did with our deck. His recent work on our porch has received praise from a lot of neighbours and requests for quotes. I would recommend John and his crew for any of your wooden projects!

Thanks the great review Jakub! It was a pleasure to do business with you again and many thanks for the referrals.

If you need anything done again in the future, be sure to give me a call.

Nisarg
Nisarg

Deck and outdoor roof construction

John and his crew were professional and extremely easy to work with. John in particular has great attention to detail and is very honest and straightforward to work with. That’s one of the main reasons we chose to have him build our deck. He offered unbiased advice and was patient as he provided information, and shared his ideas.
JMC is absolutely worth a conversation and consideration when you’re thinking of any outdoor wood-related work. Highly recommended!

Thanks Nisarg,

For taking the time to write a review.
It was a pleasure to work for you and your wife Savia. Ye were very accommodating and thanks for allowing us the use of your basement for the two weeks.
Be sure to call me again in late fall/winter for the indoor work you need done.

Thanks again!

More about Mississauga Decks & Trim

From Decks to mouldings, to all aspects of carpentry and repair, Mississauga decks and trim, has the experience and values on how a renovation impacts it's customers. John Morrissey has over 25 years experience in carpentry. He and his experienced crew pay special attention to detail and all work is completed to the highest standard. All our decks/fences come with a 5 year warranty on workmanship.
Give us a call to learn more about what Mississauga decks and trim can do to make your home your castle.
647-402-1545