Conibear Design

Reviews for Conibear Design

Oak a.
Oak a.

Custom Bathroom Millwork

We were commissioned by Alex Conibear to produce millwork for one of her projects. From the very beginning, we knew this collaboration was going to be a great one. She provided detailed and clear drawings which made the process from beginning to end, seamless. Prompt responses to our inquires and always had the answers for us. The overall outcome of the custom mirror, vanity and towel cabinet we produced was stunning as Alex has a great vision and knack for design. Working with her as been a pleasure and needless to say, we look forward to working with her once again on future projects. Thank you.

Thank you so much for the review! It was fantastic to work with Oak and Tenon for the millwork on this ensuite project. It was a great collaboration and you really brought my designs to life with a beautiful product. I look forward to many future projects together :)

kristinstraney
kristinstraney
1 review Pickering, ON

Basement Renovation

Thank you Alex for your excellent work in designing our basement. You knew exactly what I was looking for and the renderings were beautiful and on point. Can't wait to work with you again on our next project!!

Kristin! Thank you for the review! We have worked together on two projects now- An ensuite a couple years ago and recently your basement that we designed into a versatile and open family space, and it has always been a complete pleasure to work with you. You are clear with what you are looking for and open to my suggestions. Certainly, I look forward to working with you on your next project, and getting you that large square dining table you are dreaming of when you would like to renovate your kitchen. In the meantime, have a lovely start to the school year and all the best to your lovely family.

gilchristk
gilchristk

Kitchen renovation plus other projects!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to help us work through room by room in our new home. Alex was reliable and completed designs, changes, and incorporated our suggestions efficiently. Some of the projects we started with were paint colors, room decoration ideas, wall décor and art placement. Alex suggested painting the space/wall above our mantel to create the illusion of a more grand fireplace and we love it! We also purchased a large mural to go our dining room wall as suggested and guests have complimented the artwork. We then decided to take on the kitchen full gut renovation during the Christmas season. Alex was available to do home visits, answer questions despite it being a very busy time of year. Alex provided us with a number of samples and worked within the types of cabinets we were willing to purchase due to budget. The highlights of our kitchen include a custom oak rangehood, oak open shelving in our island, copper lighting and accents, a 11 foot island and many cabinets to store all of our kitchen items. We worked with Alex to choose fixtures that would work and her honest opinion left us with a glamorous kitchen design! Looking forward to moving into the other rooms to choose wall art, accent walls, and hearing Alex’s suggestions to make our home even more beautiful.

Katie,

Thank you so much for your review! When I first came to see your newly purchased home, I was so excited about the potential it has, (as well as the amount of turquoise was in the house from the previous owners); and bit by bit we have made some great changes to fit your style and your family's lifestyle to make this home yours. The big bright kitchen we designed came together so beautifully. We both agreed it was important to pay respect to the integrity of the old home with the design, but bring a modern touch to it and I think we achieved that balance with a classic white shaker and glass door kitchen, but with a more modern layout- And those extra rich finishes (such as the copper pendants and oak paneled hoodfan) really elevates the overall design. I look forward to working with you on other projects in the home, and maybe one day we can address that hot tub that is built-in to the floor of your living room (which is also turquoise) :)

I hope you are enjoying lots of family time in your new beautiful updates spaces,

Alex

Jessewilkin  in Little Current
Jessewilkin in Little Current
1 review Little Current, ON

My Dream Kitchen

Black Bear Design was unbelievable to work with throughout my renovation. I had bought my cabinets through an auction (goes without saying that would have been a nightmare for me to put together myself seeing as the cabinets did not fit my space properly). Alex was able to work the auction cabinets in to my space perfectly, and add on extra cabinets, crown moulding, etc in to the design to customize my space. In the end, I could not be happier with my layout and design and could not have done this without her. She was quick to respond with any questions or concerns I had, and worked through any issues/concerns my contractor had seamlessly and stress-free. She's professional and an incredible designer. I recommend her and trust her expertise, without hesitation.

Jesse,

Firstly thank you for your kind words and review, and I am so happy to have been able to design your dream kitchen with you. You were a complete joy to work with. You had ordered great cabinets at auction and it was just a matter of solving the puzzle with the layout, ordering a few extra bits and bobs to complete the kitchen, then finally the fun part- designing a few unique design elements to add your own pizzaz and personality- Which I think really shines through in the space. You hired a great contractor, who was so hardworking and was instrumental in making this kitchen come to life. I am so thrilled you and your friends and family are happy with it, and now you're ready for some summer cookin'.

Joanna Mackie in Markdale
Joanna Mackie in Markdale
1 review Markdale, ON

Interior design of farmhouse with additions

Alex worked collaboratively with us to hear what mattered most to us in the interior design of our recently purchased century farmhouse (in need of major renovations.) She delivered well thought out, innovative design ideas for making the most of our space and creating an environment tailored to our taste and family needs.

Joanna, Thank you so much for your note. This was such a great project to work on with you and Rob. It is always a treat to bring back to life an old farmhouse on a gorgeous property. Together we developed a design to bring a rhythm and flow to a disjointed addition -With lots of room for the dogs to play :) I very much loved this project; you and Rob were a true pleasure to work with.

Nevin Dunn in Toronto
Nevin Dunn in Toronto

Bedroom Built-Ins

For almost 5 years my wife and I were unhappy with our bedroom. A small closet system, bed, 2 nightstands, and a dresser with a TV on top, it felt unfinished, bare, and was not an efficient use of space.

All of that changed when we met Alex from Black Bear Design, she saw the space once and instantly had ideas for us. Alex returned after a week or so with amazing drawings showing all the possibilities. We quickly agreed on our favourite design and moved on to materials & pricing. Alex presented several comparable material options and a number of competitive quotes.

From design and colour selection to overseeing installation, Alex made our bedroom built-in renovation a seamless and enjoyable process. Our bedroom finally feels complete and we can't wait to start on the next project with her!

Nevin, Thank you so much for the kind review! It was a pleasure to work with you and your wife. You both were absolute gems - Open to different design and finish options but had a clear direction of what you were looking for. For the Built-in, we were able to highlight some great panel detail by selecting the perfect finishes for your space (While dealing with what turned out to be a tricky existing floor to match a coordinating wood grain). You and your wife did a great job on the final selection.

I am gladdened that you two are now happy with your bedroom space-And now have more room for Nevin's clothes. Now there is no need to store your clothes in the guest bedroom! :)

I too look forwards to working together again in the future.

Alex

Nino
Nino
7 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

Complete Mainfloor and Second Floor Design

Alex totally understood our vision and worked with us to come up with the perfect combination of feature and function for our main floor and second floor which included a kitchen and two bathrooms. I would highly recommend her for your next renovation.

Nino Thank you for the review! It was great space to work with- The space allowed for some creative thinking to come up with functional and beautiful designs. In particular, together we designed a kitchen which I would love to have for myself! Perfect for a growing family. You and E. were great to work with, open to my ideas and suggestions, but with a clear idea of what wanted and what elements you felt like you didn't need. I wish you many happy years of enjoying your family home!

Cindy in the Beaches
Cindy in the Beaches

Bathroom Design

We are very pleased with the work that Alex from Black Bear Design did designing our primary bathroom. Easy to work with, and flexible, she is a good listener yet not hesitant to share her suggestions. She had a lot of great ideas and input in the ideation and design elements, including selection of materials. She found some fabulous tiles and fixtures, and developed colour schemes that blended together very nicely. We are very happy with the final outcome, and can definitely recommend Black Bear Design without hesitation.

Cindy, Thank you so much for the amazing review! It should be known the amount of work you put into the project yourself. You found some beautifully unique products and really put focus on quality - Those choices are clearly seen and felt when you walk into this truly custom ensuite. You and M were an absolute pleasure to work with. You knew what you wanted but were open to my ideas; and together we designed a luxurious space with every detail accounted for. You two should be very proud of what you accomplished.

More about Conibear Design

Interior Design Consultancy fostering a collaborative, creative and multidisciplinary approach to design, Black Bear Design's ambition is to create intrinsic and refined compositions that reflect the vitality of the life you live.
Making your home, your habitat.

Services Include:
Design Consultations
Space planning and onsite measures
Conceptual planning
Detailed design and construction drawings
Production of conceptual renderings
Product and material specifications
Contractor scopes of work to support bid packages
Furniture, fixtures and finish selection
Decorating and finalization